Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Aura of childfright, birth wombwoe, curse womb
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., mother's grace, undead traits
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 16, Con –, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 14
Skills: Intimidate +9, Listen +9, Spot +9
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Dodge
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, pair, or family (1 Darkwomb Mother and 6-12 Wombwoes)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
Advancement: 5-12 HD (Medium)

Darkwomb Mothers are undead creatures born when a prenant humanoid dies in a state of extreme rage. They are a twisted parody of motherhood, who twist healthy fetuses into corrupted Wombwoes. Darkwomb Mothers appear as undead versions of what they were in life, with skeletally thin limbs ending in gnarled digits, and a grotesquely swollen belly that pulses with sickening unlife.

Aura of Childfright (Su)
Every minute, all children within 100 ft. of the Darkwomb Mother must make a DC 14 Will save or be frightened for 1d10 rounds. If they are within 30 ft. of her, they take a -2 penalty on the save and are panicked rather than frightened. A creature that successfully saves does not become immune to the aura of childfright. The save is Charisma based.

Birth Wombwoe (Su)
As a full-round action, a Darkwomb Mother may give “birth” to a wombwoe. The wombwoe then rolls initiative, and acts on it that turn. However, birthing Wombwoes consumes the animating force of the Darkwomb Mother. For every Wombwoe beyond the first she births, she loses 1 hp.

Curse Womb (Su)
As a standard action, a Darkwomb Mother may make a touch attack against any pregnant creature. If the creature fails a DC 14 Fort save, its child dies. It emerges from its womb 1d6 days later as a Wombwoe. The save is Charisma based.

Mother’s Grace (Su)
All Wombwoes within 30 ft. of a Darkwomb Mother gain a +2 profane bonus to Dexterity and Charisma and turn resistance +2.

Wombwoe
Size/Type: Small Undead
Hit Dice: 2d12 (11 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 15 ft. (3 squares)
Armor Class: 16 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural), touch 14, flatfooted 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-3
Attack: Umbilical cord +4 melee (1d4-2)
Full Attack: Umbilical cord +4 melee (1d4-2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Disturbing whispers
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., undead traits
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +3
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 16, Con –, Int 2, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +2, Spot +3
Feats: Weapon Finesse (B), Dodge
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, pair, or family (1 Darkwomb Mother and 6-12 Wombwoes)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
Advancement: 3-6 HD (Small)

Wombwoes are fetuses animated by necromantic power. Deeply disturbing, these creatures are generally brought about by the animation of a pregnant corpse or through a Darkwomb Mother. They appear to be grey-skinned, decayed babies, with an animate, tentacle-like umbilical cord whirling about them. A sickly ooze emanates from all their organs. Their only instinct is to seek out warmth like that of the womb, generally achieved by ripping a living creature apart and occupying its still-warm body cavity.

Disturbing Whispers (Ex)
As a standard action, a Wombwoe may utter chilling, unearthly whispers. Any creature within 30 ft. of it must make a DC 11 Will save or be shaken for 1d4 rounds. The save is Charisma based.

Icewalker
2007-04-04, 09:26 PM
....ew....

Nevertheless, I like it. Make a good, if disturbing, addition to the campaign of a DM looking for something particularly nasty/evil.

*shudder*

Eldritch_Ent
2007-04-04, 10:03 PM
For some reason, all your new pregnancy-related monsters remind of Mamiya Ichirou from the classic Japanese Survival game/not so classic horror film "Sweet Home".

And by that I mean they're awesome. :D (New hard-to-get Magic Reagent: Wombwoe Afterbirth! Eww!)

Reinboom
2007-04-04, 10:14 PM
I am deeply horrified and sickened through reading this. This really unsettles me, and for that, I wish to have permission to try to draw these creatures.
I love horror fantasy as long as it doesn't cross certain lines. Even though this comes close, the boundary wasn't quite met, and for that, I rather appreciate the idea.

Angafirith
2007-04-04, 10:16 PM
I am now officially nauseated. The whole undead fetus thing is really creepy

Fizban
2007-04-05, 04:32 AM
You guys weren't here the first time he posted them. 2 or 3 solid pages of "eeew".

Oh Zeus, someone's going to try and draw this thing? *eep*

You know what this needs? That's right, information on how to create one. Unique spell? Generic Create Undead? Unholy ritual of unspeakable evil? We must know.

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2007-04-05, 08:38 AM
Seconded on creation details.

Also, YOINK!
:smallamused:

Neko
2007-04-05, 08:51 AM
Highly disturbing yet also highly original. I find it to be a very interesting campaign element that would work well in a horror setting.

Matthew
2007-04-06, 06:15 PM
Pretty good, though not conventional D&D fare. 1D6 Damage seems quite a lot for Claw Attacks, given that a Dagger only does 1D4, but I guess that's endemic in D&D.

martyboy74
2007-04-07, 02:45 PM
Oh good, you brought it back. Don't forget the Wombstrangler!

Zeta Kai
2007-04-07, 06:12 PM
This one is great. Kudos on the creepiness factor, O Demented One.

This one reminds me of a time when I actually made a player leave the table. I was running a campaign that involved the party running through a burning village. The village had been set on fire by a (helpful) orc tribe, that were combating a zombie outbreak & rescuing the remaining survivors. The party was ambushed by a trio of zombies almost right of the bat. One of the zombie women was described thusly:

"This zombie was once the body of a middle-aged woman, with long dark hair & mottled yellowish-gray skin. She appears to have been dead for quite some time, & her flesh flakes off the bone in places. Her face is a leathery mask over her ivory skull, particularly cracked & torn around her silent rictus of a mouth. Her eyes are the only tissues that are even close to fresh-looking, & even those are glazed & bulging orbs of vitreous jelly that leaks from her sockets like tears. Her clothes must have rotted to dust long ago, for her nearly skeletal figure is nude, exposing her moldy flesh to the air to further decay. Her belly has been torn open, & the dried remains of a dead fetus dangle from the wound by a greenish-clear umbilical cord. Her hands are almost worn to the bone, with most of her nails chipped or missing entirely. She smells of fungus & tilled earth."

The description was long, but worth it. My cleric had to go to the bathroom for a minute. Bwa, ha, ha, ha, ha...

Grey Watcher
2007-04-07, 06:47 PM
Interesting....

I'm kinda wondering what the point of Childfright is? I mean, since adventurers are almost exclusively adults, it seems too much of a flavor thing to include stats for. I'd make it affect any living, non-outsider creatures (since one can assume they were all children at one point or another). Perhaps bonsues or penalties for age categories or even bonuses or pentalties that apply if the victim has chlidren. Children, who probably have a negative Will Save modifier, are almost always going to be affected anyway.

Also, for the Wombwoes, wouldn't an infant human be tiny? The example of a Tiny creature is a housecat, after all, which is about the same size as a human infant.

knightsaline
2007-04-10, 02:43 AM
Possibly to create one of these, you have to anger a pregnant being, then kill it, then raise it as an undead being.

you think thats bad, try creating an allip! you have to torture someone until they are insane, but not dead. then they have to kill themselves. its really messy, but about 3 of these could kill mr T itself! (wis drain until its WIS is 0)

Neko
2007-04-10, 09:00 AM
Possibly to create one of these, you have to anger a pregnant being, then kill it, then raise it as an undead being.

you think thats bad, try creating an allip! you have to torture someone until they are insane, but not dead. then they have to kill themselves. its really messy, but about 3 of these could kill mr T itself! (wis drain until its WIS is 0)

you know thats a good point... disturbing all and all but still... its true.. still think I might have to use these things in an campaign sometime...

Mnemosyne
2007-04-11, 01:25 AM
Glad to see this one again, one of my favourite homebrews I've seen in this forum. Particularly ghastly, but in just the right way.

Sir Conkey
2007-08-17, 04:03 PM
Maybe the fetus is small instead of tiny because it is bloated, eww, bloated fetus undead, not pretty

littlechicory
2007-08-17, 10:21 PM
Somehow when I read this, the first thing that came to mind was Silent Hill.

That's a good thing. Disturbing, but good. :smalleek:

D Knight
2007-08-18, 10:13 AM
you scary me but i like it and i want to see how well it works in a fight.:smalleek:

IvoryRaven
2007-08-18, 05:59 PM
Somehow when I read this, the first thing that came to mind was Silent Hill.

That's a good thing. Disturbing, but good. :smalleek:

It's good to know I wasn't the only one having that thought.

Mattarias, King.
2007-08-18, 07:28 PM
:smalleek: *blink*

Okay, that's disturbing, but artful in a way I can't describe.. I might have to use these things if I ever run a campaign.. Yeesh. :smalleek:

Kuma
2008-08-30, 09:00 PM
*shiver*
nightmare count is at: 4 out of 5 nightmares!
:eek: :xykon: "I think I just had an Evilgasm"

Bhu
2008-08-31, 12:29 AM
Thumbs up from Kitteh!