PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting a 3D printer

Blackhawk748
2015-02-01, 09:57 PM
As the title saws, im considering getting a 3D printer. I play a lot of Tabletop games so it would be invaluable in converting. The problem is the ones ive looked at arent all that big, only 6"X6"X6" and i dont think thats big enough for some larger sprue. Also the only 3D printer i saw had distinctive "lines" on the printed objects and obviously i dont want that.

So what im looking for is a recommendation on a 3D printer.

Alent
2015-02-01, 11:43 PM
As the title saws, im considering getting a 3D printer. I play a lot of Tabletop games so it would be invaluable in converting. The problem is the ones ive looked at arent all that big, only 6"X6"X6" and i dont think thats big enough for some larger sprue. Also the only 3D printer i saw had distinctive "lines" on the printed objects and obviously i dont want that.

So what im looking for is a recommendation on a 3D printer.

I can't really make much of a recommendation on a 3D printer as I haven't got one yet, but any of the plastic extruder 3D printers will have that distinct ribbing. The solution is to use a vacuum chamber and some acetone or other solvent to gently melt and thus smooth the surface.