PDA

View Full Version : How would you build Solaire in 3.5?

aleucard
2015-02-02, 07:37 AM
The original sunbro himself deserves a build, I think. Personally, a good basic start would probably be Cleric 5/Master of Radiance 5/Stormlord 10, maybe with a Prestige Paladin level or three if epic is possible. What about you people? Power is not necessary if there's a truly perfect class out there, but if it can be had it never hurts.

aleucard
2015-02-11, 12:00 AM
It was pointed out to me that Radiant Servant of Pelor would also fit. Seems a tad too healbot-y for my tastes, but it does have some use, especially if in an undead campaign, and doubly so if the Greater Turning upgrade counts as Turn attempts for Divine feat purposes. The fact that the chassis remains the same save for a 1-size HP drop is another bonus, albeit a minor one.

RPGaddict28
2015-02-11, 12:42 AM
Well, before you build, you need to know what Solaire can do, iconically. He is proficient with long sword, shield, has offensive divine magic, and is human. A straight cleric would do fine. His domains would be Sun and War. War is because his miracles is described as the weapon of the war god, and some believe he was the War god.

Coidzor
2015-02-11, 01:04 AM
Rank 0 Quasi-Deity for covering that particular possibility.

Otherwise, yeah, could be any sort of offensively minded Cleric-based build.

TheCrowing1432
2015-02-11, 01:28 AM
Cleric?

Nah Son, he's a Warrior of Sunlight.

Hes a Paladin.

He has a few miracles, its true, but Soliare doesnt really rely on magic all that much, he relies on his martial skill, thats why his gear isnt enchanted. He travels through Loredran all with just the strength of his sword arm and his faith in Gwyn.

His faith is strong and infallible, but it doesnt give him all the raw magical energy that clerics possess.

Karl Aegis
2015-02-11, 03:12 AM
Cleric?

Nah Son, he's a Warrior of Sunlight.

Hes a Paladin.

He has a few miracles, its true, but Soliare doesnt really rely on magic all that much, he relies on his martial skill, thats why his gear isnt enchanted. He travels through Loredran all with just the strength of his sword arm and his faith in Gwyn.

His faith is strong and infallible, but it doesnt give him all the raw magical energy that clerics possess.

Are you calling Solaire uncharismatic? Dude doesn't pass enough saves to be a paladin unless his divine grace ability isn't working.

Dude is definitely a Quasi-Deity Celestial Paragon Human Cleric.

aleucard
2015-02-12, 03:09 PM
It's been suggested to me that, since Solaire's abilities are less because of his worship of Gwyn and more because of his being Gwyn's son that he is a Favored Soul. This actually makes good sense to me, to be honest. The question remains as to what PrC's and the like woud fit best, though. I'm also interested in ways to get access to more effective methods of dealing Electricity damage, like Dalamar's Lightning Lance.

EDIT: Another idea is Cleric with http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/spontaneousDivineCasters.htm especially if Ordained Champion is in play. Grand total, this one has more Spells Known than the Favored Soul. It loses out a bit on Spell Slots, but then again single-stat casting and Holy Warrior.

TheCrowing1432
2015-02-12, 09:18 PM
It's been suggested to me that, since Solaire's abilities are less because of his worship of Gwyn and more because of his being Gwyn's son that he is a Favored Soul. This actually makes good sense to me, to be honest. The question remains as to what PrC's and the like woud fit best, though. I'm also interested in ways to get access to more effective methods of dealing Electricity damage, like Dalamar's Lightning Lance.

EDIT: Another idea is Cleric with http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/spontaneousDivineCasters.htm especially if Ordained Champion is in play. Grand total, this one has more Spells Known than the Favored Soul. It loses out a bit on Spell Slots, but then again single-stat casting and Holy Warrior.

From Software has officially declared that Gwyns son is not in Dark Souls. His son was originally supposed to be Andre the Blacksmith, which is why he has a similar character model to Gwyn, but that story was cut from the game.

Soliare is not Gwyns son