PDA

View Full Version : Oops

Icewalker
2007-04-05, 12:02 AM
I forgot to add a poll to this post. Sorry! I am reposting it with a poll. please ignore my utter failure. The reposted Eel is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39717).

ShneekeyTheLost
2007-04-05, 01:14 AM
Is the lure, in fact, a real magic item, or just something that looks like a magic item?

+5d6 sneak attack is pretty weak. At 12th level, any meat shield can shrug that off easily enough and deal out more than 95 damage in one shot.

I would say that they have a spell-like ability Nystul's Mystic Aura at will to make the lure seem magical in nature. Then, when someone comes to investigate it, BAM. This also gives you a greater chance of hitting the party caster, who has fewer hit points.

Fizban
2007-04-05, 01:32 AM
The bonuses for being in darkness are as follows:

Shadowy illumination: concealment (20% miss chance), the ability to hide in the first place.
Full pitch black darkness: full concealment (50% miss chance, bonuses as if invisible) unless creature can see in the dark.

Natural camouflage (black creature on black rocks) can provide circumstance, and it should get a racial bonus to hiding since that's what it does, but darkness only provides concealment.

Icewalker
2007-04-05, 01:47 AM
Ah, I'll add the black creature circumstance bonus, ty.

Yes, the item is actually magical (see under treasure, single magic item, off lure). So any methods of identification will register the item as a normal magic item. Then a giant eel eats the wizard who had to get close to identify it.

Also upped sneak attack to +7d6

Also, anyone know how to add a poll to an already existent thread? I forgot to.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-05, 10:11 AM
I think you might have to make a new thread.