PDA

View Full Version : Masterwork Accordion

yaluckyboy09
2015-02-02, 10:02 PM
I'm thinking of playing a Weird Al-inspired bard character in the near future, but I can't really picture what a Masterwork Accordion's benefits would be? Like what bonuses to Bardic Music would it give?

Any ideas?

jqavins
2015-02-03, 11:57 AM
I'm thinking of playing a Weird Al-inspired bard character in the near future, but I can't really picture what a Masterwork Accordion's benefits would be? Like what bonuses to Bardic Music would it give?

Any ideas?
Why should it be any different from any other masterwork instrument: +2 on perform checks. One could house rule a benefit to Bardic Music from masterwork instruments, but that would also be the same for an accordian as any other.

Now, the real question is: what sorts of magical abilities are appropriate to enchant into an accordian? How about, as a +1 ability, it actually sounds good? (I kid, I kid.)

Grod_The_Giant
2015-02-03, 12:02 PM
Tasha's Hideous Laughter and Otto's Irresistable Dance as SLAs?

yaluckyboy09
2015-02-03, 11:17 PM
Why should it be any different from any other masterwork instrument: +2 on perform checks. One could house rule a benefit to Bardic Music from masterwork instruments, but that would also be the same for an accordian as any other.

Now, the real question is: what sorts of magical abilities are appropriate to enchant into an accordian? How about, as a +1 ability, it actually sounds good? (I kid, I kid.)

the point was that Masterwork Instruments give certain bonuses to Bardic Music abilities (as seen in Song and Silence and Complete Adventurer handbooks)

Tasha's Hideous Laughter and Otto's Irresistable Dance as SLAs?

those both sound perfect

jqavins
2015-02-04, 09:29 AM
the point was that Masterwork Instruments give certain bonuses to Bardic Music abilities (as seen in Song and Silence and Complete Adventurer handbooks)
Ah, in the stackes of apocrypha.