PDA

View Full Version : [Feats] Til the fat lady sings...

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-04-05, 12:38 AM
High Pitch [General]
Your vocal range is unnaturally high.
Prerequisites: Bardic music, Perform (sing) 6 ranks
Benefit: You can sing at such a high pitch that most creatures cannot hear it. Your bardic music or perform (sing) can be used without others detecting it. They are still affected, but cannot detect you. Creatures with echolocation or blindsight/blindsense relying on hearing can hear you fine, though it is painful to them. You gain a +2 bonus to intimidate checks when you use it in conjunction with your high-pitched voice against such creatures.

-=-=-=-

Resonant Pitch [General]
You have masterful control over the harmonics of your voice.
Prerequisites: Bardic music, Listen 8 ranks, Perform (sing) 8 ranks
Benefit: You can sense the innate resonance that all things have, creature and object. All spells or powers with the sonic descriptor have their DC's increased by 2. As well, you may use up two of your daily Bardic Musics when you sing to produce an effect similiar to Shatter, the save DC equal to your perform (sing) check plus 2.

Fizban
2007-04-05, 01:41 AM
I see no problems, High Pitch is comparable to other stealth music feats, and Resonant Pitch is comparable to other bardic feats. Nice job as always.

Icewalker
2007-04-05, 03:50 AM
Fun. I like the sonic bonuses, and the shatter. The first one didn't seem useful, but yeah, stealth music, huh. Handy! I dunno about it still working even though they can't hear you. The point of the music is that it is inspiring, so I don't really get how it could work without you hearing it.
The answer: MAGIC!

Artemician
2007-04-05, 04:10 AM
High pitch synergizes nicely with the Disguise Spell feat from CAdv, and Resonant Pitch is just nifty. Thumbs up!

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-04-05, 08:32 AM
I dunno about it still working even though they can't hear you. The point of the music is that it is inspiring, so I don't really get how it could work without you hearing it.
The answer: MAGIC!
There are tons of sounds that we can't hear that nevertheless affect us. You can have vibrations you couldn't possibly hope to hear that can still do everything from make you nervous to rupturing your stomach lining.

Aramil Liadon
2007-04-05, 08:37 PM
Resonant Pitch... Must have... graaahh *zombie walk*
I LOVE the shatter spell. Must have feat. I... must... have it! I could never have killed our tank without shatter. So much for your precious dendridic armour, loser! And with this feat, I could have killed those dang fullblades, too.
Perhaps this is too much awesomeness for one feat?

Matthew
2007-04-06, 07:34 PM
Can the Bard decide which Spells are affected by Resonant Pitch? Does this Feat only work during a Bardic Song effect?

I don't much care for the flavour of High Pitch, though.

Annarrkkii
2007-04-06, 07:49 PM
Uh... Resonant Pitch seems like it would be extremely powerful. Even a level 5 Bard with 16 Charisma can set average anti-shatter DCs of 23—while a similarly leveled Wizard can, with a similar Int and a Headband of Intellect +2, casting a heightened Shatter spell can only manage a DC of 17...

Unless I'm misreading...

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-04-26, 10:44 AM
Can the Bard decide which Spells are affected by Resonant Pitch?
I suppose he could, but why would he purposely want a lower DC?

Does this Feat only work during a Bardic Song effect?
Err, no... its like all the other bardic feats. You just lose two uses of your bardic music.

Uh... Resonant Pitch seems like it would be extremely powerful. Even a level 5 Bard with 16 Charisma can set average anti-shatter DCs of 23—while a similarly leveled Wizard can, with a similar Int and a Headband of Intellect +2, casting a heightened Shatter spell can only manage a DC of 17...

Unless I'm misreading...
Well, considering most objects don't get a will save anyways... but bards need their bardic music to be useful. A 5th level fellow uses up half his uses in one go to produce a 2nd level spell.

It is useful but hardly gamebreaking.

Zeta Kai
2007-04-26, 09:17 PM
I must say VT, you consistently produce great feats. I am most jealous.

jindra34
2007-04-26, 09:20 PM

To perform a false battle (a battle where every move is cordinated, more lke a dangerous play)

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-26, 09:33 PM
I am so putting these on the list of bonus feats for my redone bard.

Matthew
2007-05-07, 01:17 PM
Erm, because some Spell Effects are friendly and some are not?

martyboy74
2007-05-08, 05:52 PM
Shouldn't High Pitch be called Supersonics (Or hypersonics, if you want to mix languages)?