PDA

View Full Version : Glitter Faerie (Sprite) [Creature] P.E.A.C.H.

levi
2007-04-05, 01:48 AM
I thought this up while half-asleep earlier today. It's a Peter Pan style faerie like Tinkerbell. It's pretty much compleate, but I'm terrible at setting CRs and LAs, so I need some help in that department. Please tell me what you think. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Glitter Faerie (Sprite)
Dimunutive Fey
Hit Dice: 1d6 (3 HP)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 10 ft. (2 Squares) Fly 20 ft. (Good)
Armor Class: 17 (+4 Size, +3 Dex), Touch 17, Flatfooted 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +0 / -16
Attack: Faeblade +7 Melee (1d6-4 18-20 P) or Longbow +7 Ranged (1d3 x3 P)
Full Attack: Faeblade +7 Melee (1d6-4 18-20 P) or Longbow +7 Ranged (1d3 x3 P)
Space/Reach: 1 ft. / 0 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-Like Abilities
Special Qualities: Low-Light Vision, DR 5/Cold Iron, Faerie Dust
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +6, Will -1
Abilities: Str 2, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 16
Skills: Handle Animal +7, Hide +15, Listen +5, Move Silently +7, Search +1, Spot +5, Perform (Dance) +5, Perform (Sing) +5
Feats: Fly By Attack, Weapon FinesseB

Environment: Any Forest
Organization: Solitary, Dusting (2-6), or Storm (4-16)
Challenge Rating: X
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Often Chaotic
Advancement: 2-4 Hit Dice (Diminutive) or By Character Class
Level Adjustment: +X

Combat

See the Sprite entry in the Monster Manual or System Reference Document.

Spell-Like Abilities: At Will -- Dimension Door (self only), Faerie Flight (DC 15, harmless), Extended Faerie Flight (DC 17, harmless), Glitterdust (outline only), Light (self only, 5 ft.radius). Caster level 8th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Faerie Flight (Sp): This ability works like the Fly spell, except that it takes a full round to cast, can only target others, grants a fly speed of 20 feet, and outlines the target as though they where under the effect of a Glitterdust spell. This ability is the equivalent of a 2nd-level spell.

Extended Faerie Flight (Sp): This ability works like the Faerie Flight ability, except that it takes three full rounds to cast, lasts one hour per level, and the target can hustle whilst flying. This ability is the equivalent of a 4th-level spell.

Faerie Dust: Glitter faeries naturally produce a fine golden dust which has magical properties. This dust can be sprinkled on a target by the faerie herself or by another creature that grasps the faerie and shakes her over the target.

To shake faerie dust on a target, you must grapple the glitter faerie and succeed at one grapple check for each round of shaking. Doing so provoks attacks of opportunity as if using a spell-like ability. You do not need to make any Concentration checks to use this ability.

One standard action of dusting casts a limited version of Glitterdust (outline only). A full round of dusting casts Faerie Flight (see above). Three rounds of dusting casts Extended Faerie Flight (see above). Save DCs are the same as if cast by the glitter faerie herself.

Glitter Faeries as Characters

A glitter faerie exchanges it's 1 HD of fey for it's first class level.

Glitter Faeries have the following racial traits.

-8 Str +6 Dex -2 Int -2 Wis +6 Cha
Diminutive size.
A glitter faerie's base speed is 10 feet. It also has a fly speed of 20 feet (good).
Low-Light Vision.
Weapon Familiarity: Glitter faeries may treat faeblades as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
Skills: Glitter faeries have a +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
Racial Feats: A glitter faerie receives Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat.
Special Attacks: Spell Like Abilities.
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/cold iron, Faerie Dust.
Automatic Languages: Faerie Tinkle. Bonus Languages: Common, Elven, Sylvan.
Favored Class: Bard.
Level adjustment: +X.

Matthew
2007-04-06, 05:46 PM
Looks good. 1D6 seems like a lot of Hit Points, though?

Kyace
2007-04-07, 12:02 AM
Since longbows apply a str penalty to damage but crossbows don't, you might consider the default range weapon for glitter faeries being a diminutive light crossbow instead (would do 1d3 damage and crit 19-20/×2). About the LA, I really don't know, I can't recall any other diminutive playable races.

When you've got players that small, the +12 bonus diminutive creatures get and their small size means they basically can take cover behind tall grass. With a fly speed of only 20ft, I'd give them a walking speed of 20ft as well. And maybe let them use dex instead of str in climb, jump and swim checks. Of course when you weight less than a pound, you could always have someone carry you.

Life is rough when even standing on the ground, 21 MPH wind knocks you down. :P