PDA

View Full Version : And the battle progresses... [Speculation]

Kreistor
2007-04-05, 01:59 AM
Or spoiler. Whatever you want to call it. Notice a trend?

V's at one of the breaches, alone.

Roy's on the Zombie Dragon, alone.

Belkar's outside the city walls, alone.

I dunno. Call me wonky if you like, but I could see that continuing, with each OotS member shining in their own way.

It also reminds me of a certain comment about an upcoming Wallpaer featuring Roy on the zombie dragon. The Giant wants to put in a background. What better background than every OotS member facing their own solo fight?

Tulisin
2007-04-05, 03:59 AM
As much as you could see it as "shining on their own", you could also see it as "pre-split for easy pwnage".

Elphir
2007-05-03, 01:34 AM
Just wanted to say so.

We all know that Roy was killed by a meteor swarm

V will run out of spells

Belkar doesn't have infinite hitpoints. The only ones who are safe now are Elan (though not completely, running out of puns) Haley and Durkon.

Da Luniz
2007-05-03, 02:49 AM
Belkar seems to have the forsight to pack health pots
so unless Haley robbed him....again, Belkar is honestly that last one Id bet on dying

NeonRonin
2007-05-03, 07:32 AM
Belkar can't die yet... for he is the Sexy Shoeless God of War!

Fitzclowningham
2007-05-03, 08:17 AM
I'm kind of surprised Durkon hasn't done a lot more Turning. Seems like that would be kind of useful at this point. (Does a L13 cleric automatically destroy 1hd undead in 3.5?)

Drager
2007-05-03, 08:27 AM
I reckon Durkon has been playing DDO (Dungeons and Dragons online) and has therefore forgotten that turning works or even exists anymore.

Angafirith
2007-05-03, 08:33 AM
Maybe Durkon has one of those Divine Feats from CW(?) that lets you do additional damage to undead if you sacrifice a TU slot. He might be waiting to use it on a powerful enemy, like Xykon or one of the fakes.

Glorfindel
2007-05-03, 08:34 AM
I'm kind of surprised Durkon hasn't done a lot more Turning. Seems like that would be kind of useful at this point. (Does a L13 cleric automatically destroy 1hd undead in 3.5?)
Durkon can turn undead x times per day, where x = 3 + his Charisma modifier (which is certainly not positive). Maybe it's even negative, so he has only 2 uses a day. IIRC, he wasted one on the zombie dragon.

The other part is correct; his turning attempt will at least affect undead with 9 or less HD (Durkon is level 13, and the minimum is Cleric level - 4). Turning damage is 2d6 + Cleric level + Charisma modifier, so he would affect at least 14 or 15 HD of undead. If your Cleric level is at least twice the HD of a turned undead, it is destroyed, so he would destroy undead of 6 HD or less.

mockingbyrd7
2007-05-03, 09:12 AM
Durkon can turn undead x times per day, where x = 3 + his Charisma modifier (which is certainly not positive). Maybe it's even negative, so he has only 2 uses a day. IIRC, he wasted one on the zombie dragon.

The other part is correct; his turning attempt will at least affect undead with 9 or less HD (Durkon is level 13, and the minimum is Cleric level - 4). Turning damage is 2d6 + Cleric level + Charisma modifier, so he would affect at least 14 or 15 HD of undead. If your Cleric level is at least twice the HD of a turned undead, it is destroyed, so he would destroy undead of 6 HD or less.

Well here, http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0016.html

Durkon had three Turn Undead usages and Rich has said they were only level 8ish at the beginning of the dungeon, though I assume that strip 16 was just a joke that bent the rules a bit.

mockingbyrd7
2007-05-03, 09:15 AM

Durkon had three Turn Undead usages and Rich has said they were only level 8ish at the beginning of the dungeon, though I assume that strip 16 was just a joke that bent the rules a bit.

mikeejimbo
2007-05-03, 09:06 PM

Alternatively, he could have taken Extra Turning as a feat.

JaxGaret
2007-05-03, 09:24 PM
First, everything in the OotSverse is plot-derived, including the OotS-members' stats. So if he needs a few more turning attempts to forward the plot, so be it.

Or Durkon could just have a 10 Cha. Above average, for a Dwarf :smallsmile: