PDA

View Full Version : The Unraveling -- IC Discussion Forum

R-Group
2015-02-03, 12:19 PM
A tall gilded Dome precedes over gray stucco walls, impeded with thick granite slabs. There is an air of burnished bronze about the hall - and a faintly metallic smell, as the taste of blood. Grand pomposity is rampant amid the heavyset desks beneath the Dome, set in a wide sweeping half circle, as though an Orchestra might file on stage to perform at any moment. Instead, the desks are filled by all manner of individuals, only united by their disunity.

The desks themselves, finely carved chestnut stained the color of caramel, are flooded with notational devices; pamphlets, pens, and documents practically sprout from their uncountable cupboards.

For this time, stay in Character, please. Keep anything OOC in Spoiler-boxes, though I imagine I really didn't need to tell anyone that. If you want to search your desks for evidence that will support your arguments, PM me the information and I will respond with such details.

Otherwise, have enjoy the dialogue!

Drackstin
2015-02-03, 12:35 PM
Atheon "I do not have time to be here, i have important research i an working on, who brought me here and why? and who are all of you? i don't know any of you."

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-03, 12:39 PM
Bram

Near the middle of the half-circle, a hacking cough rang through the dome as its occupant cleared his lungs. Adjusting his glasses, he then looked up and around the dome, his dull grey eyes peeking through his messy, long, dark brown hair.

Where am I? Who are all these people? Why am I here?

Looking down at his desk, he then spied a piece of parchment in the middle. Picking it up, he plucked a set of reading glasses out of his old, worn, dark blue army coat, and began to read it carefully.

Greetings.

You, and all these people, have been specially selected to take part in a grand adventure, the likes of which no-one has ever known. However, before it can truly begin, we need to take a measure of what kind of men and women you are. To that end, we have trapped you all in this dream, where you may debate and chat at your leisure. The desks contain an infinite amount of research material; simply think of what you want to retrieve, should you need it, and it will come up into your hand. Now, there are a few rules.

1) Please try to remain civil during the debates. No need for carrying yourself in a disgraceful manner.
2) Try to behave as you normally would in an average day of your life. Besides stimulating your mind, the purpose of this is for you all to give us an idea of how you act.
3) Don't worry about food, drink, or sleep. As this is a dream, none of these are concerns. The dream will end after a predetermined amount of time, which only we are aware of.
4) You will remember none of this when you awaken.
5) Have fun!

RandomWombat
2015-02-03, 12:43 PM
Blinking as awareness sets in Guy Stuartwell is left slightly confused. He looks over the other individuals throughout the room curiously. A large assortment of creatures and types. Looking down, he sees himself in a neatly tailored suit. However he came to be here it was not as The Beard. Reaching into the desk, he feels a familiar scratching, hair against flesh. Pulling on it he draws out a half-mask (made into a full mask by the large, full beard attached) fused with a simple leather helmet. Letting it rest on his lap under the desk he addresses the first one to speak, "My name is Guy, who might you be?" While speaking he sorts through the various legal documents on his desk. Are they in some sort of strange courtroom? It is not yet clear.

Vhaidara
2015-02-03, 12:47 PM
Guardian looks up at the loud individual.
Calm down. We all have something we're working on, you are hardly the only one inconvenienced. I am still reviewing training methods for the local guards.
Then he hears a familiar voice and stands, peering towards the source.
Guy Stuartwell? The prosecutor? It has been some time, my friend.

Hopefully this color works. If anyone has trouble reading it, I'm going to be working on finding a good color for Guardian during this

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-03, 12:50 PM
Bram

Atheon "I do not have time to be here, i have important research i an working on, who brought me here and why? and who are all of you? i don't know any of you."

"My name is Guy, who might you be?"
Looking up from the piece of paper he had found on his desk, Bram took around, and for the first time really took notice of his surroundings. There were a total of 24 desks there, his included, each of which had a different person sitting at it.

Although... This really is a vast range of people. Is that some sort of metallic golem? And a goblin?

Shaking his head, he addressed the two others who had spoken.

"And my name, if you were curious, is Lachlan. Bram Lachlan, at your service." Deciding to further examine his desk, the investigator shuffled some papers around on his desk. "If the notice I found on my desk is to be believed, apparently this is all an artificially induced shared dream. Apparently, we have been brought here to talk." He then turned to the metal golem-like being. "Although I don't believe we've caught your name, yet."

It highly befits guardian, but it's a little harder to read. Perhaps a darker shade, or bold it for improved visibility.

IZ42
2015-02-03, 01:01 PM
Chigg Ferden

A loud rustling and several very inventive curses can be heard from what looked to be an unoccupied desk. All goes white for moment, then a small green-ish head with rather extraordinary ears pops up and says,
"Hate human sized things, such an inconvenience. Wait a sec... what in the fuuuuu...? Who are you people? Why am I Here? Where's Blastums? Wait, nevermind, found it."
A small arm waving a large shotgun rather enthusiastically can be seen as the now identifiable goblin says this.

Vhaidara
2015-02-03, 01:04 PM
I am Guardian, a servant of the Singer.
Then the little goblin pops up his head.
Chigg as well? This certainly is an unusual group that has been assembled.

Rysc
2015-02-03, 01:09 PM
Auva

A woman near the edge of the circle stretches back luxuriously, and those nearby notice her flowing robes subtly shift into a smartly-cut black suit. Save for her gleaming yellow eyes, she is entirely grayscale, down to the smoke-gray of her skin.

"And my name, if you were curious, is Lachlan. Bram Lachlan, at your service." "If the notice I found on my desk is to be believed, apparently this is all an artificially induced shared dream. Apparently, we have been brought here to talk."

"Really? A dream. Does that make us simple figments of each others' minds, then, and no more?" She takes a moment to lean forward and pluck a paper from her desk. "It would certainly be easier that way."

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-03, 01:10 PM
Bram

Bram rolled his eyes slightly as Chigg made himself known.

Goblins. If it wasn't for the fact none of this is the real world I'd have half a mind to tell him to put that thing away before he blows up something.

"True enough. Though these are unusual times." He looked back at Chigg, then at Guardian. "You two know each other?"

"Really? A dream. Does that make us simple figments of each others' minds, then, and no more? It would certainly be easier that way."
Bram turned toward the voice, raising an eye at the woman's unusual coloration.

That... is a very gray woman.

"What would be easier that way, pray tell?"

Drackstin
2015-02-03, 01:21 PM
"Fine, if none of this is real, I'm just going to do what i do best. in the mean time, my name is Atheon, not like it matters any." He sits in his chair and leans back kicking his feet up on the desk.

He starts to laugh at the goblin. "now that's a shabby piece of work you got there. it looks like it was used as a chew toy at one point. now this, this is a gun"

He pulls a Pistol out from his coat, it was decorated with gold, sliver, and gems. the barrel was longer then it should be and it had no flint.

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-03, 01:27 PM
Bram

Bram scowled as the man he now knew as Atheon whipped out his own armament.

"That's a gun? Looks more like an overdecorated display piece to me. Combat is a place where victory goes to the man with the better tactics and most advanced equipment, not the most gaudy. And how on earth does all that extra embellishment not throw off your aim? Or give you away if you're trying to get the drop on someone?"

Drackstin
2015-02-03, 01:35 PM
"What i can do with this, many can imagine, you say the most advanced equipment is key, well then you don't have a very good eye for guns."

He walks about 30 feet from his desk then pick up his Pistol and a lens folds out of the side and sit on the top, he aims up at his desk, then the gun starts to glow, before you have time to think what it might be doing he fires a shot at his desk and it explodes in crackling lightning.

"this my dear sir, is a real gun."

fanta5m1c
2015-02-03, 02:11 PM
Amrit Banes

There was a squeak of metal on metal as Amrit shifted uncomfortably in his seat and seemed to be inspecting himself more than he was paying the others any attention.

"hmm... even in my dreams..." he muttered. "highly unusual."

After a long pause, he dropped his elbows onto the desk with a clunk and laced his fingers together as he turned his attention to the discussion at hand.

"Tactics and equipment only determine the winner of battles when the margin of victory is close or razor-thin, respectively. Power, however you choose to measure it, is the one true deciding factor." He states over the noise, utterly unflustered by the exploding desk.

omnitricks
2015-02-03, 02:25 PM
Delkos was distracted trying to count just how much money its costing him to be in this gathering almost to the point of ignoring everything else. People. After taking the time to contemplate he decided it would be better for him to just do whatever it is he was supposed to do here. It might help him get back to work faster.

And then his ears picked up something about a prosecutor."Great. Just great..." he grumbled quietly. The last thing he needed was some sort of self righteous lawmaker and pinched himself to try and get himself out of this so called dream but no luck. Especially when everyone started showing off their own weapons.

Putting on his most pleasant looking facade, Delkos declared "dream or not, there is no reason to go around waving your weapons like a bunch of children. I mean if you really want a gun of your own, I can probably help you out later on."

For the right price, he omitted to add.

JBarca
2015-02-03, 02:30 PM
Claude

"Greetings, friends!" The man speaking is exceedingly average: average height, average weight, brown hair, and brown eyes. He's definitely on the pale side, though, and his mouth is hidden behind a thin woolen scarf. His clothes, though plain, are very high quality. A wide-brimmed, black cloth hat sits atop his head. He tips it and says, "I'm Claude Freyin. A pleasure." He takes his cap off and stows it in his lap. When the desk explodes, he jerks away quickly, a look of surprise and indignation on his face.

"Well then. I don't see the need for all of this violence! Battles? Combat? Surely we're all-" He hesitates a moment, then smiles again, "Well, nearly all, in any case, reasonable people. Violence is for those who cannot find any other way through life. This is an unfortunate truth, and one we, as clear-thinking individuals, must rectify."

As the mention of children is heard, he raises an eyebrow. "Sir... Do you typically allow children weapons? That seems... Out of place, to say the least."

Drackstin
2015-02-03, 02:37 PM
Atheon Laughs as his tail loads a shot in his gun and then puts it away for him.
"you help me, i am one of the best gunsmiths in this land, and now there are candy shops on the corner selling guns. without innovation gunsmithing is just a mass produced trade. And yes Lawman, Power is everything in this world, and weapons and armor are used to fight over it, but knowledge is also power and with both, you can get far in this world."

Rysc
2015-02-03, 02:46 PM
Auva

"What would be easier that way, pray tell?"

Auva lifts a shoulder and twirls a palm upwards in a half shrug. "Existence. At the very least, existence in this...assembly."

The untimely demise of a desk interrupts any further clarification she had to make.

"this my dear sir, is a real gun."

She arches an eyebrow and turns to the perpetrator. "And that, my dear sir, is a real waste of a desk, not to mention energy. Definitely the latter, if this is in fact all in some shared dreamspace."

"Power is an interesting thing. What you say may hold some truth," she says, nodding at Amrit, "but not all battles are fought with swords. There is as much power to be gained with the carefully wielded knowledge of a few words as there is to be with blade or a gun."

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-03, 02:59 PM
Bram

*explodes his desk*

"Great. Just great... dream or not, there is no reason to go around waving your weapons like a bunch of children. I mean if you really want a gun of your own, I can probably help you out later on."
Bram arched an eyebrow as Atheon blew up his desk in a flash of light.

A gun that fires electricity? Interesting.

"Well. That was rather pointless. Think of the poor dream architect who had to create that thing in the first place. And now you'll have to borrow someone else's notes if you want to debate."

He then turned to Delkos. "And speaking of pointless, I wouldn't put too much stock in helping him out later. According to this-" Bram held up the note with the rules written on it. "-we'll have no memory of any of this happening once we're let out of the dream."

"Well then. I don't see the need for all of this violence! Battles? Combat? Surely we're all- Well, nearly all, in any case, reasonable people. Violence is for those who cannot find any other way through life. This is an unfortunate truth, and one we, as clear-thinking individuals, must rectify."
Bram nodded in greeting as Claude introduced himself.

"I don't see any need for violence, either - both because of it being senseless in this context, and because the powers that be have apparently forbidden fighting while we're in here." He held up the rulesheet again. "That said, I wouldn't go quite as far as what you say in regards to violence. Violence is like fire - if you're not careful with it, it can be very destructive and needlessly hurt people. If you use it correctly, however? It can be a very useful tool in the toolbox of life. Granted, there are other tools in that box that can usually be used first, but it should not be ignored."

*various quantities of smack talk*
Well. Someone has a rather high opinion of himself. And to think I thought I'd left that all behind...

Bram sighed when he heard Atheon boast once more, but otherwise said nothing. His interest was perked, however, when he heard Auva reply to the others about power.

"That's exactly what I mean when I compare life to a toolbox. Knowledge is one tool. Power, in all its myriad forms, another. Violence, another. Money? Charisma? Kind words? An ideal to strive for? All tools, all with their own place and uses, and all of which can be used to great effect or abused." Bram settled into his chair. "Also, I don't think we ever caught your name, Miss?.."

At current, the brightness of the yellow in your text makes it very hard to read. I'd suggest switching to Gold or Golden Rod, or else a lot of eyes are going to be strained reading your dialogue.

Vhaidara
2015-02-03, 03:08 PM
As weapons are drawn and a shot is fired, Guardian begins to loom.
Gentlemen. I see no need for such displays of violence. We would all rather be somewhere else, but we are here. If this gentleman is correct
He motions to Bram
Then we have nothing to lose by being civil to each other.
And now the hulking warrior addresses Bram directly.
Indeed. The goblin was raised by a man I met while aiding the military. Good man, and good kid.
He thinks for a minute.
Lachlan...That name sounds familiar.

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-03, 03:13 PM
Bram

Bram nodded in thanks as Guardian added his voice to those appealing for calm, though he did raise an eyebrow as he outlined how he knew the goblin?

A goblin? Being described as 'a good 'kid'? I find that very difficult to believe. Then again... If there's one thing I've learned, it's that the cover of a book doesn't always accurately match its contents.

At the Warforged's subsequent question, he spoke once more.

"If you've heard any mention of my name, it'd most likely be due to my work as a private investigator. Been at it for about... 10 years, I think. It's been a long time."

Drackstin
2015-02-03, 03:13 PM
"Violence? This is not violence, it was just a display, for the fact you mocked the very item responsible for its inability to be violent. You are correct though, we all have different tools in our tool box, some more then others. But its what we do with those tools that matter. Such as the spider catches the fly, i too utilize what i was given. As I'm sure most of you do also. And don't worry so much about this "dream world" you call it. none of it is real, and if need be, im sure i could use one of the others desks. I don't think the goblin is using his much, he can't reach the top of it."

Vhaidara
2015-02-03, 03:19 PM
Quite possibly. I have been active for the past thirty or so years, attempting to reduce corruption both in government and in businesses.
He looks down, and begins to scan the documents on the desk.
Were you involved in the case against the Malfinti Brothers? They were accused of kidnapping children and raising them to work as little more than slaves a few years ago.

I hope no one minds me filling in with the kinds of things that Guardian would have been pursuing.

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-03, 03:27 PM
Bram

It's not that I'm worried about the dreamworld. It's mostly that I'd just like some sort of decorum while we're stuck here. Although I must admit it would be funny to see if whoever's running this strikes you with a bolt of lightning for your impudence and you turn all sooty like in those children's pennybooks.

Opting to not reply to Atheon's comments out loud, Bram continued to talk with Guardian.

"I was, actually. One of the mothers involved hired me to try and track down her son after he went missing and no-one was willing to consider that it might be a kidnapping. It took a little work, but once I collected a few well-placed pieces of evidence the constabulary was much more willing to listen. Of course, once they saw how the missing child fit into the larger picture, I was... asked to step back and let them handle it, but, in the end, I had the mother's gratitude at least."

soulsabre345
2015-02-03, 03:28 PM
Kyachi;

Upon awakening to this room, The furry kobold would immediately look around at the various assembled creatures within the room, a look of wonder on her face as she jumped out of her chair, a couple butterflies erupting out of thin air around her feet and lifting her up into the air a short ways above the crowd as she just took the room's occupants in, following the conversation as she shifted position to lying on her chest on a swarm of the creatures, lazily flying forward as she looked at those within.

When Atheon exploded his desk, she would giggle at the explosion, responding aloud to the destruction "And I'm sure the creator of the desks here will greatly appreciate your showing off when he needs to make a new one.

At the resulting comments, she would interject as well. "Well, Claude, the idea that violence isn't necessary is certainly something to strive for, but to say that it's fact? No, when you have a conglomeration of creatures, all with different ideas, and some with dramatically opposed ones, conflict is a inevitability, and some instances can only be resolved by violence. It's not like violence is some evil menace, as Bram said, it's a tool, nothing more. Just requires some finesse to how it's handled, and mindlessly going off and breathing fire on anyone you oppose or to stoke your ego certainly is one of the worst uses of it, as is provoking others into it. "

She would watch Bram as he went through the papers, describing the dreamscape they were now within, as she would roll onto her back, looking up at the ceiling as her tail swayed slowly behind her. "So, this is just a chance for us to meet then? I imagine some greater power must have some vested interest in us for this to be occurring, and I'd certainly wonder why, but that's not of great importance because any conclusions we won't be able to act upon. " She would shrug, before turning back to her belly and surveying the group below

"Oh, I'm being terribly rude, speaking before introducing myself. I'm Kyachi, Umbral Kobold Wanderer and team support."

She'd then notice the interaction between Guardian and Chigg, Blinking as she responded. "And I'd just love to heard the story of you two and how you know each other. Haven't seen a goblin willing to talk in quite some time, and I don't think I've ever seen one like Guardian before."

Vhaidara
2015-02-03, 03:34 PM
Guardian nods.
You did well. I remember the constables mentioning that there had been an investigator on the case before they took over. There wasn't much left besides paperwork. It was good to see them brought down.
He shakes his head sadly.
I almost pity them. The idea that men could be so cruel as to do that to children baffles me.

He looks over at Kyachi.
As I said, I knew the man who raised Chigg. Sam was a good man. As for my past, it is not relevant to the present. I am not who I once was.

IZ42
2015-02-03, 03:48 PM
Chigg Ferden

Now mostly visible(due to the stack of books he is using a boost), Chigg is able to see Guardian. Ignoring the others trying to impress him with their silly pistols, he responds,

"Hey, you're that robot thingy that Sam'l and his friends talked about! "

Drackstin
2015-02-03, 03:51 PM
Atheon Begins to wave a hand, and then he splits into 4, then again they wave their hands, one grown to 10 feet tall, the other shrinks to 3 feet tall, one also vanishes. The three remain begin to walk around the room looking over people, the normal size one begins to walk up the wall onto the ceiling. they all talk at once, the voices seem to echo around the room.

"This place bores, too much talking and nothing else to do. at least i have some extra thing on me to keep me busy."

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-03, 04:17 PM
Bram

As Kyachi made herself known, Bram could not help but look over and marvel.

Is... that a kobold? It must be, the body shape can't be anything else. But all the one's I've seen have scales, not fur. And are those butterflies she - it has to be a she - is floating on?

And so well-spoken, too.

The words that subsequently left Kyachi's mouth only served to improve Bram's opinion of the small, furry, reptilian being, and he gladly spoke again as she directed a comment towards him.

"So, this is just a chance for us to meet then? I imagine some greater power must have some vested interest in us for this to be occurring, and I'd certainly wonder why, but that's not of great importance because any conclusions we won't be able to act upon."

"Oh, I'm being terribly rude, speaking before introducing myself. I'm Kyachi, Umbral Kobold Wanderer and team support."
Ah! So she's an umbral kobold? That would explain it - I think I've heard of them but once, in passing. Actually, I wonder what the desk has to say about them...

"A pleasure to meet you, Kyachi - for however long we're here. And I can only imagine that what you say is indeed the case - I would see no purpose in drawing twenty-four strangers into a shared dream if some sort of master plan was not at work. Although, even if we can't take our conclusions with us, we might as well pass the time speculating for fun." Bram rubbed his eyes briefly. "Based on what they wrote, I can only assume that we probably won't be waking up to an ordinary day. They did say on the rulesheet that their primary intent is to see how we interact with one another. Perhaps they mean to set us on a path in each other's directions, based on who gets along best with who?"

"Also, I must ask... how exactly are you reclining on those butterflies?"

The speculation ended, however, when Atheon got up to his latest antics.

"This place bores, too much talking and nothing else to do. at least i have some extra thing on me to keep me busy."
Bram could not help but roll his eyes. "If you're going to be bored, try to be bored with some dignity, man."

soulsabre345
2015-02-03, 04:33 PM
As she saw Atheon split himself and start walking about she rolled her eyes. "So, we have the token person who aimlessly shows off every chance he gets. " She shrugged, then turned to look at Bram. "I thought somewhat similar, and I'm certainly interested to see what the future may hold for us. There's no reason to group us all up like this if there wasn't some reason."

As he mentioned the butterflies, she would grin as she flew down closer to him, now roughly at his head level, as she held out a open palm. One of the butterflies landing on it as she swept her other paw through it, showing it to be a complete illusion, before seeming to collect a swarm of them in her palm and throw them just past him, the butterflies then turning to swirl about him and obscuring his form somewhat, before pulling back away into the mess by her. As the butterflies enveloped him, he'd notice that he could see through them without issue, and felt as if he was faster and larger than he was, before the feelings faded.

"They're not real, there illusions. As to why I can fly with them, let's just say I have knowledge of a magic wholly unlike the other ones you've probably seen. I can also grant a limited form of them to a couple friends, among other things. These butterflies in particular grant concealment, and make any ranged attacks aimed your way have a significant chance to outright miss."

Pool: 10. Max 3(-[4]-). Anything within {} is locked till end of day.
[3] Sentinel's Helm, Chakra Bound to Head (+2-8 to Sense Motive, Perception. Uncanny Dodge)
[3] Pestilence Cloak, Chakra Bound to Feet. (20% concealment from ranged, @3 also melee. Illusion, DC 17-21 to disbelieve. +0 to +3 to DC of fear spells. Clumsy fly speed of 5'-20')
-[0]- Riven Darts, Chakra Bound to Hands (Std, 20' range touch, 1d4 to 5d4 force damage, and 1-4 darts, 2 max per target
[3] Stone Giant's Girdle, Bound to Belt (+5 temp HP, up to +20, regens at 1/min)
[0] Light Whip, Bound to Ring (15' threat range. As AoO, trip with CMB of 13-16)
{1} Akhasic Army (Grant teamwork feats and one hand / feet veil to 0-3 targets)

Veils not currently bound, but may be swapped into;

-Ditchdigger's Armlets, Bound to Wrists (FRA cast. Within 50' 10' cube explodes for 1d6 to 4d6 and is difficult terrain. DC 17 to 21)
-Light Whip, Bound to Ring (15' threat range. As AoO, trip with CMB of 13-16)
-Gorget of the Wyrm Bound to Neck (15' cone or 30' line of acid/cold/fire/electric, chosen when bound. deals 1d4 to 5d6.)

Drackstin
2015-02-03, 04:39 PM
BramBram could not help but roll his eyes. "If you're going to be bored, try to be bored with some dignity, man."

"Oh but a flying Kobold is acceptable? i already see how this is going."

His doubles vanish and he appears on the stage and bows.

"I hope no one is afraid of fire."

He aims his gun into the sky and it glows red for a split second, then he fires it. the bullet streams forth then explodes in a magnificent display of firework spanning for hundreds of feet. and last for some time.

Llyarden
2015-02-03, 04:45 PM
Awakening in a strange place, Kelsi's first reaction was, perhaps, a slightly unusual one, as she immediately jumped to her feet and felt at her own face, her old eyes wide under her dirty grey hair. Her next action, having apparently satisfied herself about whatever it was that she had been worried about, was to open a briefcase that had materialised with her and check the contents: two rolled-up mats and a deck of cards. With all that done, she finally started paying attention to her surroundings just in time to hear the theory that the entire thing was a dream. "The Carnival in its true match. False dreams and illusions are to come. Now that makes sense." Exactly who she's talking to isn't entirely clear.

soulsabre345
2015-02-03, 05:13 PM
Kyachi looks to Atheon. "I'm not blowing up pieces of furniture and making clones of myself because I'm bored. And you'd get tired of being talked down to as well after having nearly every race here tower over you. Why can't I use a bit of magic to not have to look up all the time?"

Drackstin
2015-02-03, 05:21 PM
"So you ask for pity because of your race? And then you make people look up at you. you could just embrace who you are and give them a reason to look up to you, rather then force them. Also there are better ways."

He appears next to her an cast a spell to enlarge her.

"See perfect."

fanta5m1c
2015-02-03, 05:22 PM
Atheon Laughs as his tail loads a shot in his gun and then puts it away for him.
"you help me, i am one of the best gunsmiths in this land, and now there are candy shops on the corner selling guns. without innovation gunsmithing is just a mass produced trade. And yes Lawman, Power is everything in this world, and weapons and armor are used to fight over it, but knowledge is also power and with both, you can get far in this world."

Amrit chuckles rather jovialy before you even finish your statement

"Ha Ha, law man." He motions as if wiping a tear from his eye before continuing. "Of a sort, I suppose you could say. Most call me Amrit, cleric of Finality and Purpose. I think you misunderstood. Weapons, armor, soldiers, knowledge, information, loyalty, fear. These things and so much more are all materials with which to build ones power, not seperate entities."

"Power is an interesting thing. What you say may hold some truth," she says, nodding at Amrit, "but not all battles are fought with swords. There is as much power to be gained with the carefully wielded knowledge of a few words as there is to be with blade or a gun."

Amrit turns his hands palms-up in approval "Indeed, often information is the surest road to power and success..."

Vhaidara
2015-02-03, 05:23 PM
Guardian sighs and finally addresses Atheon.
Perhaps because the kobold is simply being practical, while you are being an immature child. Please take a seat in the corner until you can be a mature adult like the rest of us.
Guardian wills his consciousness outward to include some of the more friendly of his newfound comrades.

Attempting to establish a collective with Chigg, Guy, Kyachi, and Bram for now. It enables telepathy among us.

Also, does anyone have a problem with this gray? I'm considering bolding it, but I'd like to save that for when he raises his voice.

Llyarden
2015-02-03, 05:25 PM
"Indeed, often information is the surest road to power and success..."

The old woman looked over at the armoured man. "Information is not a road to power," she said simply. "Information is power."

soulsabre345
2015-02-03, 05:33 PM
"So you ask for pity because of your race? And then you make people look up at you. you could just embrace who you are and give them a reason to look up to you, rather then force them. Also there are better ways."

He appears next to her an cast a spell to enlarge her.

"See perfect."

"Who ever said I was asking for pity? And I don't normally float far above, I usually float at head level, but nothing about this room or our company is normal, why restrict myself to the usual? And I do embrace who I am, and anyone who's interacted with me for long normally looks up to me regardless. I strive to make others better, and leave the situation significantly better than when I came in. Do I fail to do so? Sure, but I've succeeded significantly more than I've failed. Doesn't change that I move around a lot, and I don't like making a massive name for myself, so even with my accomplishments I'm still looked down upon until I make myself known."

At him appearing next to her and casting enlarge she blinks and looks down at herself, then over to Bram and the others. Shrugging, she dismissed the butterflies, landing ad moving about on her own feet, although to a astute observer they'd still be there, just very faint. "Well, this works too. I still prefer my flight because it doesn't run out."

At feeling the Network forming from Guardian, she looks over to him and tilts her head to the side, not having seen this type of magic before, as she just sends general puzzlement through the telepathy.

Rysc
2015-02-03, 05:36 PM
Auva

"Also, I don't think we ever caught your name, Miss?.."

"Vesari. Auva Vesari, to be specific." The fetchling glances over the paper in her hand, though she doesn't pay any particular attention to what's on it.

If this really is a dream that no one will remember, it won't matter anyway what I say.

...is that a kobold levitating on butterflies?

The fetchling straightens in her seat when Kyachi explains her butterfly-cloud to the investigator. Illusions. Interesting. She's about to ask the kobold to explain further when she remembers that she probably won't remember anything of this. And then the tiefling starts shooting fireworks for no particular reason, and she's somewhat glad she won't remember.

Auva sighs. "I really hate to disappoint you, but the kobold was simply remedying a physical inconvenience which may or may not have any relation at all to her self-image. Also, those ways may be better for you, but...speaking of forcing, it's generally reasonable outside of life-threatening situations to ask people before you start using magic on them, even if you have good intentions.

"Information is not a road to power," she said simply. "Information is power."

The corner of her mouth twitches upward. "So very true."

The gray looks fine to me.

drack
2015-02-03, 06:32 PM
I am Guardian, a servant of the Singer.
Then the little goblin pops up his head.
Chigg as well? This certainly is an unusual group that has been assembled.

Bram

Near the middle of the half-circle, a hacking cough rang through the dome as its occupant cleared his lungs. Adjusting his glasses, he then looked up and around the dome, his dull grey eyes peeking through his messy, long, dark brown hair.

Where am I? Who are all these people? Why am I here?

Looking down at his desk, he then spied a piece of parchment in the middle. Picking it up, he plucked a set of reading glasses out of his old, worn, dark blue army coat, and began to read it carefully.

Greetings.

You, and all these people, have been specially selected to take part in a grand adventure, the likes of which no-one has ever known. However, before it can truly begin, we need to take a measure of what kind of men and women you are. To that end, we have trapped you all in this dream, where you may debate and chat at your leisure. The desks contain an infinite amount of research material; simply think of what you want to retrieve, should you need it, and it will come up into your hand. Now, there are a few rules.

1) Please try to remain civil during the debates. No need for carrying yourself in a disgraceful manner.
2) Try to behave as you normally would in an average day of your life. Besides stimulating your mind, the purpose of this is for you all to give us an idea of how you act.
3) Don't worry about food, drink, or sleep. As this is a dream, none of these are concerns. The dream will end after a predetermined amount of time, which only we are aware of.
4) You will remember none of this when you awaken.
5) Have fun!
Victor props his head up slowly watching the ensuing chaos of the "dream". Yeah... this was no dream. He had but one of those and as it were it was not this ruckus. "Forget the violence for a minuet." Victor interrupts. Weapons certainly should be the least of their concerns. Say Guardian?" Victor asks recognizing a familiar face. "Why would you be dreaming? Do you even dream? I mean you don't sleep..."

Vhaidara
2015-02-03, 06:43 PM
The great machine smiles as his flatmate speaks up.
It is an acquired skill for me. But how else could I hear the Singer's voice, if I could not dream? It is good to see you here, Victor.

@Kyachi: I find it sometimes helps to be able to speak without words, particularly when someone may become difficult. It is one of the Singer's gifts.

Adding Victor to the Collective, thus filling it

drack
2015-02-03, 06:54 PM
Do you? Why, I confess, I had no idea. In the truest sense it plays a new light over you. Do you then also sleep, eat, drink, and partake in the savage calming of a bawling rage when the urge does so strike you to ease the spirits?" Slowly Victor took a deep drout of the brew someone had thoughtfully placed before him, beside the letter the man across from him had read.

It seems I have so soon forgotten who Victor's drinking buddy is, else I'd have him say his hello. :smallfrown:

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-03, 06:58 PM
Bram

As Kyachi sent the (now revealed to be illusory) butterflies fluttering around Bram, he could not help but look on in awe. Bram was, of course, no stranger to magic, making daily use of his willpower to reach into the Aetheric streams and distill it into liquid form. But this? This was something new to him.

"That... is quite fascinating. How specifically does your magic work? You're right; this is like none I've ever seen."

Then Atheon spoke again.

*invades space to cast spell*

"See perfect."

Perhaps because the kobold is simply being practical, while you are being an immature child. Please take a seat in the corner until you can be a mature adult like the rest of us.

"Who ever said I was asking for pity? And I don't normally float far above, I usually float at head level, but nothing about this room or our company is normal, why restrict myself to the usual? And I do embrace who I am, and anyone who's interacted with me for long normally looks up to me regardless. I strive to make others better, and leave the situation significantly better than when I came in. Do I fail to do so? Sure, but I've succeeded significantly more than I've failed. Doesn't change that I move around a lot, and I don't like making a massive name for myself, so even with my accomplishments I'm still looked down upon until I make myself known."
Bram groaned in frustration as the man proceeded to once more make a nuisance of himself, first with an impromptu fireworks display, and then through obnoxiousness and unwarranted assumptions.

"Okay, first of all, there is a big difference between what you're doing and what she's doing. Like Guardian said, hers is a matter of practicality - and not, as it happens, out of pity, as you seem to have concluded. Your magic? Practicality doesn't enter into it. All you're doing is acting out like some bored, impudent noble kid. If you can't sit still and have a discussion with the rest of us like a civilized person, at the very least take your antics to some other part of the dome. It seems to be large enough, at least."

"Also? Casting your magic on others without prior approval? I don't know if you were ever told, but that is about the biggest breach of etiquette you can do short of unwanted physical touch."

Bram then trailed off as he felt the unmistakable touch of magic on his mind.

Hello? Guardian? Kyachi? Are those your voices I hear? ...ah, now I see. Well, this is certainly convenient.

The gray looks great. Very readable.

soulsabre345
2015-02-03, 07:20 PM
Kyachi looked back to Bram as he spoke, and nodded. "I've been told I'm shifting Lost Aether into useful forms. All I really know is I can take items imbued with the elements and turn them into ethereal equipment, which I can then distribute power to as I see fit. The cloak of butterflies for example is bound to my feet and grants me flight. I have a large litany of others, such as ones to take damage for me, ones to grant me dragonfire, and one to increase my awareness of my surroundings and when others are trying to deceive me. It's wonderfully versatile, and I can keep doing them all day long. I never run out like the wizards or clerics I've encountered. I could show the more destructive things I could do, but I don't really feel the need."

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-03, 07:34 PM
Bram

Bram smiled, opting to reply to Kyachi via the telepathic link.

That is quite amazing. I think I may have heard of the technique you describe - Veil magic, I think it's called - but the literature I've read is notably sparse with detail. Thank you for sharing that.

Vhaidara
2015-02-03, 07:39 PM
The great machine gives his flatmate a perplexed look.
Do those actions have some benefit? Dreaming is something that sleep can bring, though I have trained myself to achieve a sleep-like state that is close enough to dream. I see no advantage to eating, drinking, or carousing.

Guardian nods as Kyachi explains her abilities. He begins walking away from where he was standing, and a slight tone of amusement enters his voice.
My talents are primarily in the realm of the mind. I was built for combat, and despite my removal from my origins, I keep myself well trained. Besides, there are a few perks outside of a combat scenario. Such as getting back to my seat in a crowded room after checking to see if the person I was waiting for just came in.
And suddenly he is back at his desk.

@Collective: Everyone, this is Victor, my flatmate. He's a goodly fellow, though he has his share of vices. Victor, meet Bram, Kyachi and Guy. Also, you might remember Chigg. He's brought me a few messages over the years.

He's playing around with Recursive Dash. Lets me jump back to where I was when I used the maneuver. Also, I was thinking of out of combat uses for these things

pieman2945
2015-02-03, 07:59 PM
Talior blinks awake, peering at the note and then around the room before grinning.

Well, how much did I have to drink last night? This is getting ridiculous. Nice to meet all of you, Talior Sewgard, I look forward to our work together. He grins wider. Destiny, huh? Who woulda thought, gods above.. His concourse descends into a stream of cursing spanning several languages, and some words a canny observer would notice are just flat out made up. Well, it certainly looks like an interesting bunch.

Drackstin
2015-02-03, 08:09 PM
"well I guess I might as well pull up a chair and listen to the rest of you talk, it appears we ate not going anywhere for some time."

he opens a bag and out drops a large box, it begins to move and unfold. Eight brass spider like eyes unfold and lift the box up as it turns into a metal thrown. Brass and copper gears and fittings spin all over it as he sit on the velvet seat. It starts to walk over to the others. He then drops a ball into his hand, that sprouts perpelers and small wrench like arms. It begins to hover over him.

"please let me start over, my name is Atheon, I am a inventory and a machanist, I am one of the world's best in my field. I also did this all my own. I created things people only dream of. I am also a great gunsmith and magi, but the power I wield comes from side, for my blood flows with the magic of this world."

fanta5m1c
2015-02-03, 08:16 PM
The old woman looked over at the armoured man. "Information is not a road to power," she said simply. "Information is power."

"Indeed it is. Perhaps I haven't been clear enough, but that is a part of what I am saying. There are many kinds of power with many different qualities. Some, like information, have great effect for the individual, but are difficult to utilize quickly and effectively with more than a small group. Others, like new weapons, offer a comparitively small advantage to an individual, but can be spread among an entire army for devastating effect. So, in the end, it matters not what kinds of power you have at your disposal, only that the sum of their effects adds up to a larger value than your opponent possesses."

pieman2945
2015-02-03, 08:17 PM
Atheon. Great to meet you. I'm slightly less stupid than you might assume, and sometimes I can get people not to mess up quite as much as they should, but aside from that you seem to be the impressive one here. He nods in the direction of the inventor, and eyes the hovering gadget. What have you got there?

skypse
2015-02-03, 08:22 PM
Suddenly a cloud fills the room, so dark, so stiff, as if everyone had their eyes forced closed. Everybody was stunned for a moment.

Lawmen, Fighters, Tricksters with shinny guns, idiot robots and lowlife goblins! Even mindless undeads!
Violence is merely a tool that the strong use, the smart avoid and the wise tell stories about it.
Knowledge is merely a tool that the strong are unable to use, the smart gather it as if it was gold and the wise tell stories taken from it.
True Power lies in the use of these tools! Higher beings of Creation know how to properly use such tools and this is why you all can't understand the true nature of existence! You all serve purposes and wills of others! You all were created with the predefined mechanisms to be ordered and to serve! To be the tools of the higher creatures! You think you have a will of your own, you think you have moral codes and opinions that can alter people's lives! The truth is that those moral codes, those opinions, those ideas and the perception of what life is that you have, are all put in your head from others! You follow laws created by beings far greater than yourselves! Some of you are even mere creations of those beings! You are tools for them! You are tools that are told what to do, how to think and how to act! I've seen the truth! I've seen behind your eyes and I've seen what lies beyond your so called reality! I know what ascension is and how one can achieve it! Let me set you free from your ignorance! Let me show you the truth of life and let me help you achieve the greatness you so rightfully deserve!

Complete silence covers the room as the last words of the mysterious voice fade away along with the dark cloud. In the corner of the room, high close to the ceiling out of everyone's reach stands a Drow. His deep purple skin is covered by a silver-shining armor and from his shoulders fall a blood-red cloak. In his forehead there is a shiny gem glowing with an emerald green colour, outlined by a light pink. His facial features are a thing of art, so beautiful yet so intimidating. The Drow slowly descends from the height and he speaks again, this time in a much calmer voice.

I am Kaelmourn. Noblest among the nobles, discoverer of truth of creation and rightful leader of the Drows. Nice to meet all of you.

Sorry for the darkness thing but I really wanted to make a dramatic entrance :P
Also, I hope I didn't duplicate anyone's colors, I really wanted purple so I used a custom color by the code #6633ff. If that's not ok I will change it.

pieman2945
2015-02-03, 08:28 PM
He blinks, and turns now towards the newest entry. A drow. I don't suppose you know the guy who swindled me a while back what with 'drow spice shipping' or whatever he said, do you?

Drackstin
2015-02-03, 08:28 PM
This, his name is max, he is just my assistant, when I work on a project, he helps by flying around my shop a getting tools and other supplies I need. Other then that, he is far to small to be usfull in combat, but maybe with a few upgrade he would be able to do alot more.

pieman2945
2015-02-03, 08:32 PM
Oh, that's sweet! I want a minion! Can we mount a shotgun on it or something? Make it drop bombs?

IZ42
2015-02-03, 08:34 PM
Chigg Ferden

Hiding his mild surprise at having multiple voices suddenly speak his mind, he rolls his eyes at the dramatic entrance.

"Heh. Lowlife? Is that a short joke? If so, you're very funny. If not, please refrain from racial stereotypes. I don't go around accusing your kind of sacrificing people to the 'Horrors that lie beyond our ken' or 'being evil baddies' now do I? Jeez, people have no sense of racial equality."

Thinking towards the others, they can tell he is very obviously well educated for a goblin. So, long time, no see, Guardian, was it? Morin was wanting to know how the old Rust bucket was doing.

Drackstin
2015-02-03, 08:41 PM
"Now that was a dark display, to dark for my taste, royalty means very little to me drow, and I know your culture, royals just go around and kill or rape others to get to higher royalty. in this new world royal means very little, but some people seem to hold onto old things."

He turns and smiles.

"Yes I could, in fact I have plans to make something just like that metal man over there, but with cannons and magic to boot."

pieman2945
2015-02-03, 08:43 PM
He grins like a delighted child. Okay, I want to help with that. I downright demand you let me. Respectfully.

JBarca
2015-02-03, 08:48 PM
Claude smiles a bit as the conversation proceeds rapidly. "Power is power, no matter the source. Tools are important, yes. What matters is what you do with them. Helping those who cannot help themselves... That is what power is for, friends." He pauses for a moment with his hand on his hidden chin.

And... Kaelmourn, was it? Ascension? Please, by all means. Enlighten me."
Claude smiles, his eyes sparkling with interest.

Thanks for letting me know! Is this better?

pieman2945
2015-02-03, 08:53 PM
He turns towards the newest speaker, smiling. Helping those who can't help themselves. Okay, I like you. Your name is?

soulsabre345
2015-02-03, 09:11 PM
Kyachi looks at kaelmourn's entrance, then looks to Atheon. "I apologize for saying you had a bit of a ego. He..." She points a claw at Kael and looks to him as she speaks. "Has one of the biggest egos I've ever seen, and I can't imagine there is any way I'm going to get along with Him given the only 'Higher beings of existence ' are the moron gods that wander this world. Sure, my ideas have been put in my head by others, it's called learning you dolt. What have you done aside from sit there on your soapbox and pontificate? I've learned to use magic that doesn't involve the gods of this world in any way, and helped countless people better themselves. What have you achieved?"

Drackstin
2015-02-03, 09:21 PM
"I see the stone has been passed, there is always a bigger fish in the sea, or ego this time. I do not think myself high and mighty due to my race, nor do I think myself high and mighty from my skills with magic. Everything I have done I achieved by myself. And nothing was ever handed to me. I do not look down on other races. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. It is up to the individual to turn those weaknesses into strengths. In this world royalty among other things mean nothing, also words, but actions mean everything. I myself am proud of what I am capable of, but I don't belittle others, I show them what they can achieve."

JBarca
2015-02-03, 09:32 PM
He turns towards the newest speaker, smiling. Helping those who can't help themselves. Okay, I like you. Your name is?

Smiling, the man nods. "I, my newly sober friend, and Claude Freyin. You too, are in favoe of aiding others? Tell me, how do you plan to go about this? What, dearest Talior, occupies your time? I trust it's not... Gunfire?" Claude winks at Atheon as he finishes, smiling the "No harm, no foul, I hope?" kind of smile.

pieman2945
2015-02-03, 09:46 PM
Actually, I have a bow. Kicking it old school, you know? I just help who needs helping, drifting along on the river of time. Problem with that is when you're doing your nice, slow backfloat you might get picked up by.. I dunno, some super-wizard who's just saying how it's not a literal river, idiot, and you snap at him how he can't bother you now, he's ruining your killer buzz but it's too late. You made the wizard angry. Why would you do that? He shakes his head. I forgot what I was saying. Something about helping people, right? Mainly, I harness the power of my enormous intellect and wow, that sounded so much less pompous in my head. I'm a psion, I mean.

Rysc
2015-02-03, 09:58 PM
Auva

Being a fetchling, Auva is accustomed to darkness. This is a bit much, however, and when the drow has finished monologuing she nods in agreement with the kobold.

I am Kaelmourn. Noblest among the nobles, discoverer of truth of creation and rightful leader of the Drows. Nice to meet all of you.

"Hm. 'Discoverer of truth of creation?' 'Noblest rightful leader?' " She waves a hand outward as if indicating some sort of wonder. "Wherever did you find those titles? Of course," she continues, "They sound all very lovely and grand on those princes and princesses of tales. At least in the tales they were usually bestowed by others."

"I also can't help but point out that you had those ideas put into your head by someone...and if you made them up yourself, well...let's not dwell on the ramifications of that particular assumption. And perhaps," she says, smiling apologetically, "just perhaps I don't think I rightfully deserve such greatness?"

JBarca
2015-02-03, 09:59 PM
Claude raises an eyebrow curiously. "A... 'Psion?' Interesting. Tell me about that. Does it have to do with, say, Psychics? I'm truly fascinated. This talk of 'Ascending' and 'Psions...' What a marvelous place to experience! I only regret that I will, apparently, remember none of this!"

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-03, 10:06 PM
Bram

*I am Kaelmorn, hear me roar*
Having had what was turning out to be a wonderful conversation interrupted by the sudden appearance of a drow in a flash of dark, Bram could not help but facepalm in exasperation, his thoughts echoing through the telepathic link.

Sweet Divines. Drow. If they're not living up to the worst their species has to offer, then they either have an overinflated ego or the most self-centered angst you've ever seen.

"I apologize for saying you had a bit of a ego. He has one of the biggest egos I've ever seen, and I can't imagine there is any way I'm going to get along with Him given the only 'Higher beings of existence ' are the moron gods that wander this world. Sure, my ideas have been put in my head by others, it's called learning you dolt. What have you done aside from sit there on your soapbox and pontificate? I've learned to use magic that doesn't involve the gods of this world in any way, and helped countless people better themselves. What have you achieved?"
Well, for starters, he's managed to prove that you don't have to be a hilariously bad actor to properly chew the scenery.

Bram smirked as he slowly clapped. "Bravo! Bravo, oh good Kaelmorn! And I thought those half-penny plays they put on in the theater hosted some ridiculous acting, but you! You take the cake!" He snorted desrisively. "It's a shame, really. You could actually have made a good point with the whole power lies in the use of tools thing, but then you had to go and ruin it with the whole 'I am a superior being who thinks everyone else is mindless sheep because I read one too many philosophy books' shtick. I hate to break it to you, but there's an old saying: 'There is nothing new under the sun'. Want to know why that's a thing? Because life is all about taking in the sights and information around you! And yes, that includes other people! And what superior beings? The divines are all but mindless!" Another facepalm. "And, incidentally? Even if I wasn't inclined to think your ideas on 'achieving greatness' weren't complete bull? We're not going to remember any of this anyway. So pull up a chair, leave the theatrics at home, and please. Try to treat this with some seriousness."

The drow interloper thus dealt with, Bram turned to Talior. "Are you sure you're not still inebriated? Granted, I get where you're going with what you're saying, but the words you're using remind me a lot of the patrons of hookah lounges."

Bram then addressed Claude's question regarding psionics. "You would be correct. Psionics is the magical art of using psychic power to manipulate latent quintessence. Or so I remember."

Much.

pieman2945
2015-02-03, 10:08 PM
I can.. Mess with people. Make them scared, sometimes, and I can stick people together. Mentally, I mean. So we can all talk to each other and I can help them out, see a bit forward in time and make them fight better. It's pretty cool, you wanna try it? He extends a mental collective 'probe' towards Claude.

soulsabre345
2015-02-03, 10:12 PM
Kyachi, on hearing Bram starting to talk to Kael, turned to listen, then grinned and said "Amen" After he concluded, while telepathically she sent a message through the link. Ok, I know I said I wasn't going to show off my abilities just for the sake of it, but can I hit Kael, or trip him, or do something to take him down a peg without anyone complaining?

Pool: 10. Max 3(-[4]-). Anything within {} is locked till end of day.
[0] Sentinel's Helm, Chakra Bound to Head (+2-8 to Sense Motive, Perception. Uncanny Dodge)
[3] Pestilence Cloak, Chakra Bound to Feet. (20% concealment from ranged, @3 also melee. Illusion, DC 17-21 to disbelieve. +0 to +3 to DC of fear spells. Clumsy fly speed of 5'-20')
-[0]- Riven Darts, Chakra Bound to Hands (Std, 20' range touch, 1d4 to 5d4 force damage, and 1-4 darts, 2 max per target
[3] Stone Giant's Girdle, Bound to Belt (+5 temp HP, up to +20, regens at 1/min)
[3] Light Whip, Bound to Ring (15' threat range. As AoO, trip with CMB of 13-16)
{1} Akhasic Army (Grant teamwork feats and one hand / feet veil to 0-3 targets)

Veils not currently bound, but may be swapped into;

-Ditchdigger's Armlets, Bound to Wrists (FRA cast. Within 50' 10' cube explodes for 1d6 to 4d6 and is difficult terrain. DC 17 to 21)
-Gorget of the Wyrm Bound to Neck (15' cone or 30' line of acid/cold/fire/electric, chosen when bound. deals 1d4 to 5d6.)

Vhaidara
2015-02-03, 10:13 PM
Guardian looks around.
Does anyone see the idiot robot he was referring to? I certainly don't. After all, this whelp has clearly received a blow to the head. After all, am I not evidence that even a mere tool can become so much more?

@Collective
Guardian's thoughts are clearly mortified. Genuinely
Rust bucket? Did I miss a spot somewhere?
Then he realizes that it was a figure of speech.
Please Chigg, don't frighten me like that. I work hard to maintain my appearance.

pieman2945
2015-02-03, 10:14 PM
Ok, I know I said I wasn't going to show off my abilities just for the sake of it, but can I hit Kael, or trip him, or do something to take him down a peg without anyone complaining?

Certainly wouldn't mind that. Go right ahead.

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-03, 10:15 PM
Bram

Bram smiled as he thought back at Kyachi.

As much as I would dearly love to see that, Kyachi, there's no need to stoop to Kaelmorn or Atheon's level of ridiculous grandstanding. The powers that be want us to maintain decorum, and decorum we will maintain. Prove you're the better man, my parents always said. Not that I listen to them much nowadays, but after 42 years of life I think I've earned the right to make my own way.

Incidentally, as long as we're talking about you, Guardian... Are you sure you won't share a little of your past with us? It's not like we can use it against you later. I'll go first and share some of mine if it would make you feel better.

Uh, dude, I don't think you're part of our link. As far as I know you've only set up one with Claude. Edit your post accordingly, please.

Smileybastard
2015-02-03, 10:18 PM
Tamyr

Tamyr sits on a desk listening to the others speak and observing both the people and the place. "What is a dream? What is this this place?" He waves his arms at the room.

pieman2945
Talior glances at Bram. There's no better time to do it! No one is gonna remember anything anyway, so if you wanna deck the fool, make it now.

He turns to look at yet another newcomer. Hey, friend. We're heroes, although looking at this group I can't figure out why. We all get to meet up, somehow. I'm Talior, the psychic helper. Pleasure.

JBarca
Claude smiles apologetically as he keeps his mind closed. "I'm sorry, Talior. But my mind is all I have. Without it... Well, suffice to say, I am not yet assured that this place is as we have been promised. I will not risk my well-being. I do appreciate the offer, of course. But... Fighting? Is that really the purpose behind your talent? Why not lead linked groups to repair damages? Keep people safe? Link brilliant minds and create invention? Link warlike minds and let them come to terms, to see each other more honestly? My friend, you have a wonderful opportunity. Please do not squander it with pugilism."

Edited the color. Sorry about that; I just posted in another game where I've got green speech.

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-03, 10:19 PM
Bram

Bram scowled as Tailor communicated.

Okay, first of all, inviting yourself into a private conversation is bad manners. Firstly, the powers that be want us to maintain decorum. Just because there will be no lasting consequences is no reason to behave like a bunch of immature children.

drack
2015-02-03, 10:19 PM
@Collective
Don't fret roomie, he's probably just tripping on mushrooms in his dream. I don't see half the things he claims to see among us. Victor gives a mental shrug as if to dismiss the drow from his thoughts, all the while showing no outward signs.

soulsabre345
2015-02-03, 10:22 PM
Kyachi nods at Bram. Indeed, but that's why I asked. I'd love to send a gust of wind at him and propel him out of here, but that'd only momentarily make me feel better, and would likely stir up a conflict not worth having. So, if I wouldn't have others agreeing, it wouldn't be worth it.

pieman2945
2015-02-03, 10:24 PM
He turns back to Claude. Yeah, I get you. Sometimes you've gotta go full metal on somebody, though, and that's something I know well enough to be confident in my own safety. I try to just help out around the house, so to speak, and it usually ends up in brawls or gambling. I probably need better friends, come to think of it. He gives a what can you do? shrug.

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-03, 10:25 PM
Bram

A wise notion. But let us turn back to more pleasant conversation. I fully admit I don't know much about Umbral Kobolds versus your standard variety. Tell me about your species.

Vhaidara
2015-02-03, 10:27 PM
Incidentally, as long as we're talking about you, Guardian... Are you sure you won't share a little of your past with us? It's not like we can use it against you later. I'll go first and share some of mine if it would make you feel better.

I do not see the relevance of my past. Suffice it to say that I am over one hundred and fifty years old, but was reborn some fifty years ago, through the grace of the Singer who awoke me to my dreams. I would be more interested to hear of Kyachi's species as well.

JBarca
2015-02-03, 10:28 PM
"Full... Metal. Alright. I'm a skilled armorsmith, myself. I also have a talent for... Friendliness, shall we say? Diplomacy, perhaps? I enjoy speaking with people, and they tend to enjoy me. I work asa reconciliator of sorts. I encourage people to work together." He smiles. "Though I dare not attempt to ply my craft here; the amount of excitability in this room is far too high for my liking."

pieman2945
2015-02-03, 10:42 PM
Diplomacy, yeah. Negotiation is the solution to all of life's problems, huh? Well, unless you need money fast. But that's neither here nor there

soulsabre345
2015-02-03, 10:43 PM
At the question of her race, she would shrug as she took off the goggles she normally wore, revealing her large pink eyes beneath. I am fairly unique among my race for being furred, most are scaled. In regards to normal Kobolds, we are typically stronger and more durable, and smarter than them, although they are more dexterous. Aside from that, we share similar professions and abodes, but the society is very different. My race judges by Merit, how much you can contribute to the tribe in terms of useful skills. The fact that I didn't use arcane or divine, but at the time a mixture of both, wasn't viewed as valuable, and they gave me a ultimatum of do something useful or leave. I choose to leave, and haven't been back since. I don't bear them ill will for it, and I've had friendly interactions with quite a few once my magic was more developed.

You Didn't ask for my past though, So, generally my race is also fairly pragmatic, as am I, although I'll admit I'm not the best to ask about it. I didn't put much thought into my race in general, and once I got kicked out I decided I didn't really care to learn more. Although, of the normal kobolds I've met, Were nothing alike in mentality. Normal kobolds tend to be greedy cowards, always seeking advantage wherever they can, and are kings of taking advantage of any wiggle room you give them. Of course, not all of them are like this, but I've seen enough that I need to see proof they aren't before I really trust them. Were probably closer to dwarves than normal kobolds in all honesty.

IZ42
2015-02-03, 11:02 PM
Chigg Ferden

@Collective Yeah, don't piss off the Drow, it might end messily, even for a dream.

Chigg can be seen hopping off his pile of books onto the floor, dragging his shotgun behind him as he walks over to Guardian and clambering up onto his desk for no other reason than it was closer to someone he knew, and was a better point to view the entertai-- proceedings from.

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-03, 11:37 PM
Bram

Bram listened attentively as Kyachi elaborated on her past and race, smiling genially all the while.

True, we didn't ask for your past, but it was still a good story to hear, and I thank you for sharing it. As long as we're on that subject, then, I suppose I might as well talk about mine, since humans are rather boring as far as other races go.

Growing up, I was the son of a noble family - their only child, actually. I'm still not sure if it was because of that or because I'm not... overly pleasant to look at that they kept me inside the house, but at this point it matters little. By way of compensation, they did give me a lot of books to read and such, so I became very good at learning things. Engineering, alchemy, assorted sciences - those were my true joys.

Of course, like every noble family looking to make a name for themselves, I was pressed into the army. Dithered around for a bit until I got promoted into research and development, using my keen intellect to make new and improved weapons. Then... everything went to hell one day. It was toward the end of the rebellion, about 10 years ago. I was deployed in the field to make sure one of my latest creations went off correctly. While there... I saw the way the upper classes really treated those below them. I began to have doubts about what I was doing. Those were cemented when the device was hijacked and killed everyone around it, indiscriminate of friend or foe - including the woman I loved.

It took me a while to get back, but I had plenty of time to see what whipped the rebels into that state. That they were truly fighting for basic rights and dignity rather than just because they were jealous of the upper crust. And so I resolved to do my part to fight the corruption and decadence I'd unwittingly contributed to. I went into business as a private investigator, and while I've never made quite as much I sleep a lot better at night.

fanta5m1c
2015-02-04, 12:39 AM
Amrit

Claude smiles a bit as the conversation proceeds rapidly. "Power is power, no matter the source. Tools are important, yes. What matters is what you do with them. Helping those who cannot help themselves... That is what power is for, friends." He pauses for a moment with his hand on his hidden chin.

Amrit inadvertantly gouges the wood of his desk as he turns to regard the plain-looking man. "A noble use of power, but certainly not its only application. Many, far too many I think, utilize it for no greater purpose than crushing the weak with impunity." he adds with a distinct note of distaste.

Lawmen, Fighters, Tricksters with shinny guns, idiot robots and lowlife goblins! Even mindless undeads!
"What?! Shall I cover my ears then?" Amrit complains in mock incredulity while looking in the general direction of the voice.

Violence is merely a tool that the strong use, the smart avoid and the wise tell stories about it.
Knowledge is merely a tool that the strong are unable to use, the smart gather it as if it was gold and the wise tell stories taken from it.
True Power lies in the use of these tools! Higher beings of Creation know how to properly use such tools and this is why you all can't understand the true nature of existence! ... bla bla bla... I am Kaelmourn. Noblest among the nobles, discoverer of truth of creation and rightful leader of the Drows. Nice to meet all of you.

Amrit scoffs almost the moment the darkness relents and turns his attention elsewhere with a dismissive gesture "I'd get closer to the ground if I were you elf, yours is the type that tends to fall hardest"

Kyachi looks at kaelmourn's entrance, then looks to Atheon. "I apologize for saying you had a bit of a ego. He..." She points a claw at Kael and looks to him as she speaks. "Has one of the biggest egos I've ever seen, and I can't imagine there is any way I'm going to get along with Him given the only 'Higher beings of existence ' are the moron gods that wander this world. Sure, my ideas have been put in my head by others, it's called learning you dolt. What have you done aside from sit there on your soapbox and pontificate? I've learned to use magic that doesn't involve the gods of this world in any way, and helped countless people better themselves. What have you achieved?"

Amrit lets Kyachi finish her tirade before interjecting in a firm, but cordial tone "Madam Kyachi, was it? I don't expect you to understand or even like the gods, but I do ask that you refrain from blatantly insulting your creators. They are alien and unwhole, not morons"

RandomWombat
2015-02-04, 01:24 AM
Guy Stuartwell? The prosecutor? It has been some time, my friend.

"That's the name! Ah - Guardian, I'd missed you at first, don't know how," probably because he was busy locating his beard, "Good to see you again. How did the case go over with Primacorp? I hope the legal precedent I found was helpful."

"If the notice I found on my desk is to be believed, apparently this is all an artificially induced shared dream. Apparently, we have been brought here to talk."

How strange. Looking over the documents littering his own desk, Guy finds that Bram's claims are indeed true. Or at least that the same information is being fed to the both of them. "A shared dream. I've heard taller tales. Mostly elaborate alibis, mind you, not mysteries of the supernatural."

The group appears to be debating the value of violence in the world. The paladin Guy knows, of course, that not all ears are open to truth, reason, and altruism. They must be vigorously cleansed of their undue confidence and perceived invulnerability. The grand wax of falsehood and cruelty must be scrubbed away by the bright braids of a true man's beard. Only then can strike down the thunderous revelation: the purpose of life is to give life purpose, to let it grow magnificent and vibrant, not to shave it away as one might many split ends. Indeed the aforementioned falsehoods and unkindnesses are the twisted, frayed knots which do not allow life to become full and strong as it should. As things move along and he listens only absently to the many gathered before him, Guy is lost to the current conversation - and unaware that his inner monologue is being broadcast to others among the group. His musings are interrupted -

True Power lies in the use of these tools! Higher beings of Creation know how to properly use such tools and this is why you all can't understand the true nature of existence! You all serve purposes and wills of others! You all were created with the predefined mechanisms to be ordered and to serve! To be the tools of the higher creatures! You think you have a will of your own, you think you have moral codes and opinions that can alter people's lives! The truth is that those moral codes, those opinions, those ideas and the perception of what life is that you have, are all put in your head from others! You follow laws created by beings far greater than yourselves! Some of you are even mere creations of those beings! You are tools for them! You are tools that are told what to do, how to think and how to act! I've seen the truth! I've seen behind your eyes and I've seen what lies beyond your so called reality! I know what ascension is and how one can achieve it! Let me set you free from your ignorance! Let me show you the truth of life and let me help you achieve the greatness you so rightfully deserve!

- and hen the darkness fades, a man clad in a bright mithral breastplate stands with one foot on Guy's chair and one on his desk, a dark gray cloak billowing behind him and a beard shining in all of its glory upon his chin where it should always have been. Resting on the forehead of The Beard's mask is a pair of dark tinted goggles with bushy 'eyebrows' made of owl feathers. At his waist is a tool belt lined with steel dwarven runes, and from beneath the breastplate flows a coarse robe of hempen material. His shoes are black and streaked with dark purple lightning bolts, all the rage with the sports-minded youth.

The Beard bellows, "Who speaks of the true nature of existence, with his soul's chin so bare and desolate?! Who preaches the damnation of obedience upon all present and demands their obedience in return for salvation?! Whose lips spill these vile hypocrisies like foam beneath the coming razor?! Hold thy tumultuous writhing tongue-worm! The truth of man - and elf - and 'bold - and dwarf and machine, and for any free to think and choose, is for he or she to scratch their mark upon the world with their soul's whiskers! Yes, even the souls of women have whiskers! Like her! She is a woman! She has whiskers! Longer and stronger than any man can achieve here however small their origin may be!" He points loudly (despite the gesture being non-verbal, it is indeed loud) at Kyachi as though her very existence validates his argument. "And thus did the great beards that came before sow us upon this land that we may grow thick and strong as they are - and grow thicker, and stronger, in ways they never could! To know suffering and persevere, to know love and cling to one another for strength, to know fear and push on through the dark in spite of it, to know anger and learn to forgive against all the vengeance our nature demands, to master that primal nature and become more! That is the purpose, the truth of life!" Panting after his spirited speech, Guy looks out from behind his mask at the crowd before him. "That is the truth of life."

The entire time his speech was going on, the members of the collective were getting it word for word in the moment through the telepathic link, thrown together on the spot. Now there is only the quiet simmering as his indignant adrenaline rush cools down.

soulsabre345
2015-02-04, 01:28 AM
Kyachi listens intently to the story of Bram's past, before responding. Hmm, well I've certainly looked quite a bit into engineering, knowledge of the weak points of a structure helps a lot when I can deliver pinpoint force damage to the right spot. But yeah, backfires suck, and I'd imagine having reality presented to you in that manner would be traumatic. I have always started at the bottom typically, so I never had a chance to see what it looks like at the top. And money is vastly overrated. As long as your stable, it's not hard to find amusement.

Kyachi looks to Amirit. "I'll admit, I was a bit mad when I said that. I know they're mostly alien. Still doesn't help that where they go death and destruction follows."

On seeing, and hearing, the Beard's proclamation, and the pointing to her she would raise as paw, her mouth open as if she wanted to speak, before closing it and just shaking her head. No, she was not going to even respond to that.

Smileybastard
2015-02-04, 06:06 AM
Tamyr

Tamyr continues to listen, smiling all the while. He feels to no more urge to speak, it was more than he could keep up with to listen what everyone was saying and speaking would dwindle that further. It didn't matter is this was a 'dream'. A 'dream' was part what is real, just as much as a flower.
He tried to quiet his thoughts and simply be ... and observe.

Llyarden
2015-02-04, 06:14 AM
"please let me start over, my name is Atheon, I am a inventory and a machanist, I am one of the world's best in my field. I also did this all my own. I created things people only dream of. I am also a great gunsmith and magi, but the power I wield comes from side, for my blood flows with the magic of this world."

"You are also, clearly, a very proud man," the old woman remarked.

"So, in the end, it matters not what kinds of power you have at your disposal, only that the sum of their effects adds up to a larger value than your opponent possesses."

"Quite. Although in many cases information leads to other power. Learn of a danger to a merchant's caravan and the merchant may reward you in gratitude, for instance."

(*dramatic entrance*)

Blinking in the darkness, the woman then turned to the drow. "Hmm. Was this dream designed for the overly dramatic? I have as much use for theatrics as any other - more than some - but I see no need for it here."

(Beard-related speech)

"Yes. Yes, I do believe it was." She sighed, took out her deck of cards, and started to shuffle through them, only vaguely paying attention to that of the conversation about magic and psionics that was not telepathic.

Still trying to get formatting to such a degree that it's actually obvious at a glance what's speech and what isn't. Sorry about all the changes.

skypse
2015-02-04, 07:22 AM
Chigg Ferden
"Heh. Lowlife? Is that a short joke? If so, you're very funny. If not, please refrain from racial stereotypes. I don't go around accusing your kind of sacrificing people to the 'Horrors that lie beyond our ken' or 'being evil baddies' now do I? Jeez, people have no sense of racial equality."

"I apologize for saying you had a bit of a ego. He...""Has one of the biggest egos I've ever seen, and I can't imagine there is any way I'm going to get along with Him given the only 'Higher beings of existence ' are the moron gods that wander this world. Sure, my ideas have been put in my head by others, it's called learning you dolt. What have you done aside from sit there on your soapbox and pontificate? I've learned to use magic that doesn't involve the gods of this world in any way, and helped countless people better themselves. What have you achieved?"

"I see the stone has been passed, there is always a bigger fish in the sea, or ego this time. I do not think myself high and mighty due to my race, nor do I think myself high and mighty from my skills with magic. Everything I have done I achieved by myself. And nothing was ever handed to me. I do not look down on other races. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. It is up to the individual to turn those weaknesses into strengths. In this world royalty among other things mean nothing, also words, but actions mean everything. I myself am proud of what I am capable of, but I don't belittle others, I show them what they can achieve."

Auva
"Hm. 'Discoverer of truth of creation?' 'Noblest rightful leader?' " "Wherever did you find those titles? Of course," "They sound all very lovely and grand on those princes and princesses of tales. At least in the tales they were usually bestowed by others."

"I also can't help but point out that you had those ideas put into your head by someone...and if you made them up yourself, well...let's not dwell on the ramifications of that particular assumption. And perhaps,""just perhaps I don't think I rightfully deserve such greatness?"

Bram
"Bravo! Bravo, oh good Kaelmorn! And I thought those half-penny plays they put on in the theater hosted some ridiculous acting, but you! You take the cake!" "It's a shame, really. You could actually have made a good point with the whole power lies in the use of tools thing, but then you had to go and ruin it with the whole 'I am a superior being who thinks everyone else is mindless sheep because I read one too many philosophy books' shtick. I hate to break it to you, but there's an old saying: 'There is nothing new under the sun'. Want to know why that's a thing? Because life is all about taking in the sights and information around you! And yes, that includes other people! And what superior beings? The divines are all but mindless!" "And, incidentally? Even if I wasn't inclined to think your ideas on 'achieving greatness' weren't complete bull? We're not going to remember any of this anyway. So pull up a chair, leave the theatrics at home, and please. Try to treat this with some seriousness."

Guardian looks around.
Does anyone see the idiot robot he was referring to? I certainly don't. After all, this whelp has clearly received a blow to the head. After all, am I not evidence that even a mere tool can become so much more?

"Who speaks of the true nature of existence, with his soul's chin so bare and desolate?! Who preaches the damnation of obedience upon all present and demands their obedience in return for salvation?! Whose lips spill these vile hypocrisies like foam beneath the coming razor?! Hold thy tumultuous writhing tongue-worm! The truth of man - and elf - and 'bold - and dwarf and machine, and for any free to think and choose, is for he or she to scratch their mark upon the world with their soul's whiskers! Yes, even the souls of women have whiskers! Like her! She is a woman! She has whiskers! Longer and stronger than any man can achieve here however small their origin may be!" "And thus did the great beards that came before sow us upon this land that we may grow thick and strong as they are - and grow thicker, and stronger, in ways they never could! To know suffering and persevere, to know love and cling to one another for strength, to know fear and push on through the dark in spite of it, to know anger and learn to forgive against all the vengeance our nature demands, to master that primal nature and become more! That is the purpose, the truth of life!""That is the truth of life."

"Power is power, no matter the source. Tools are important, yes. What matters is what you do with them. Helping those who cannot help themselves... That is what power is for, friends."
And... Kaelmourn, was it? Ascension? Please, by all means. Enlighten me."

Kaelmourn listens carefully to everyone while everybody is talking. Observing closely in the moments of silence trying to understand the glares and the looks between them. So... Someone who can alter people's minds. Probably he can talk to them too. But can they talk to him back if he allows them? That seems interesting...

Mockery, name-calling, elaborate insults, irony. Arrogance and ignorance together from people who not only are unable to understand their low standing in the universe but also unable to understand that there are beings and powers beyond their grasp. Do you believe you are perfect? Do you see that you are not and believe that you can become? Or do you simply don't care about it? In any case it doesn't matter. You seek acceptance and acknowledgements of your abilities and your powers?! Perfect beings don't need the acknowledgement of the others. Perfect beings don't have those elements inside their souls that make them NEED to prove themselves! Go ahead! Show me your magic and your skills if that makes you feel worthy! Be proud of yourselves that you are able to use magic while noone taught you how! Hide your unimportant selves behind ancient history and legends spoken of people who never lived them. If that makes you feel worthy......

Amrit
"What?! Shall I cover my ears then?"
"I'd get closer to the ground if I were you elf, yours is the type that tends to fall hardest"
"Madam Kyachi, was it? I don't expect you to understand or even like the gods, but I do ask that you refrain from blatantly insulting your creators. They are alien and unwhole, not morons"

Suddenly Kaelmourn stops his preaching. He is stunned and he stares towards Amrit.
Yes! He says while he raises his hand pointing towards him. Yes! Listen to your wise friend, telling stories taken from his knowledge! This is the key to Ascension! Understanding of the creation itself! Alien and Unwhole! UNWHOLE! Incomplete creatures, yet so powerful that were able to create life and form out of nothing! Yet so arrogant that are now lost in oblivion just like you will some day for the same reason. So ignorant of the existence they, themselves created! Tell me human, Amrit was it? If you are the one that understands the creators, what is the element that is absent from their souls? What is the element, that makes them unwhole and incomplete? And what do you believe would happen, if that element suddenly bonded with them?

IZ42
2015-02-04, 07:56 AM
Chigg Ferden

Chigg's hand raises as if he was a school child and speaks in his sweetest, most sarcastic voice,

"What if we don't want to be perfect? Perfect is boring, just like you, so I guess that works out."

He pauses for moment then continues in undercommon, "Please stop preaching your arrogant pieces of 'wisdom' at me elf, it really does make you look pompous and boring."

Drackstin
2015-02-04, 08:30 AM
"By the gods, even i think this is over the top. Ok mister high and mighty drow, we all get it, your so self absorbed that you think you should be a god because your perfect and those that were not are. How about this, your darkness may be great but others hide there true power, you might not feel so great when the unperfect can do things that you only imagine. also your way to dark for my taste, please lighten up."

He wave his hand in the direction of the drow and hits his with a A cloud of golden particles, his body is covered in sparkling dust that he can't remove. He glows with a great light now.

"that seems a lot better."

Rysc
2015-02-04, 08:34 AM
Auva

*beard stuff*

What.

"Hmm. Was this dream designed for the overly dramatic? I have as much use for theatrics as any other - more than some - but I see no need for it here."

Having taken the opportunity to bury her face in the piles of paper on the desk, Auva sits up and mutters, "I am inclined to agree with that first part, unfortunately. Not to mention the second part. I won't be the first to admit I'm not without pride or melodrama, but those...generally serve a purpose. Those purposes do not usually involve performing before captive and eventually amnesic audiences."

She watches as the other woman takes out her deck of cards, ignoring the increasing amounts of impassioned speeches. "Do those happen to be your truths, or are they just the truths of others?"

skypse
2015-02-04, 09:09 AM
"By the gods, even i think this is over the top. Ok mister high and mighty drow, we all get it, your so self absorbed that you think you should be a god because your perfect and those that were not are. How about this, your darkness may be great but others hide there true power, you might not feel so great when the unperfect can do things that you only imagine. also your way to dark for my taste, please lighten up."

He wave his hand in the direction of the drow and hits his with a A cloud of golden particles, his body is covered in sparkling dust that he can't remove. He glows with a great light now.

"that seems a lot better."

Indeed it does... This gold color compliments my pure purple skin. Thank you for your kindness :)
However I cannot but laugh at your narrow-mind logic. Never have I implied or actually said that I am a perfect being. I indeed stand in a higher level than the rest but only because I am able to understand my imperfectness and I know how to eliminate it. As I said before, I am the discoverer of the truth of creation; I know how to achieve ascension beyond anything. It all lies on what the human said. So let me re-route my previous question to anyone who believes he knows, or to anyone who understands the meaning and the value of perfection instead of just "snobing" his way around by making ridiculous comments: What do you think is the thing that makes the creators "unwhole"? What do you think is the thing that makes YOU "unwhole"?

pieman2945
2015-02-04, 09:16 AM
not all ears are open to truth, reason, and altruism. They must be vigorously cleansed of their undue confidence and perceived invulnerability. The grand wax of falsehood and cruelty must be scrubbed away by the bright braids of a true man's beard. Only then can strike down the thunderous revelation: the purpose of life is to give life purpose, to let it grow magnificent and vibrant, not to shave it away as one might many split ends. Indeed the aforementioned falsehoods and unkindnesses are the twisted, frayed knots which do not allow life to become full and strong as it should.

"Who speaks of the true nature of existence, with his soul's chin so bare and desolate?! Who preaches the damnation of obedience upon all present and demands their obedience in return for salvation?! Whose lips spill these vile hypocrisies like foam beneath the coming razor?! Hold thy tumultuous writhing tongue-worm! The truth of man - and elf - and 'bold - and dwarf and machine, and for any free to think and choose, is for he or she to scratch their mark upon the world with their soul's whiskers! Yes, even the souls of women have whiskers! Like her! She is a woman! She has whiskers! Longer and stronger than any man can achieve here however small their origin may be!" "And thus did the great beards that came before sow us upon this land that we may grow thick and strong as they are - and grow thicker, and stronger, in ways they never could! To know suffering and persevere, to know love and cling to one another for strength, to know fear and push on through the dark in spite of it, to know anger and learn to forgive against all the vengeance our nature demands, to master that primal nature and become more! That is the purpose, the truth of life!""That is the truth of life."

Talior blinks, for once taken aback. Ahh, okay then. Beards are the key to power? I've heard worse. Somewhere. Probably. No offense or anything, He rubs his bare chin. I don't necessarily want a philosophy that's based off tickling the world with my soul. I mean, I'm all for tickling but usually that involves a feather, some ropes, a bed and a good-looking lady. Not that I mind any tickling you want to try, or.. Scratching. Actually, no, don't scratch me.

So let me re-route my previous question to anyone who believes he knows, or to anyone who understands the meaning and the value of perfection instead of just "snobing" his way around by making ridiculous comments: What do you think is the thing that makes the creators "unwhole"? What do you think is the thing that makes YOU "unwhole"?

He turns towards the now sparkling drow, laughing, and claps his hands. Yes! Perfect! Man, you look a hundred times better with that, I'm not kidding. If I can chime in without getting zapped by underdark magic or poisoned with shrooms-kidding!- the gods are unwhole because while they created, they never refined. We had to get up to where we are on our own, and because of that we're unwhole. We need things that are kinda ridiculous, excluding our dead and metal friends here, and our minds just kinda seem off to me. Trust me, I have a lot of practice with minds, and I'm telling you it's not pretty in there. Something that mixed the two, the pure creation and power of the gods and the pure reason and most importantly the potential for growth of us little guys, that's something I could see being nice.

Drackstin
2015-02-04, 09:29 AM
Indeed it does... This gold color compliments my pure purple skin. Thank you for your kindness :)
However I cannot but laugh at your narrow-mind logic. Never have I implied or actually said that I am a perfect being. I indeed stand in a higher level than the rest but only because I am able to understand my imperfectness and I know how to eliminate it. As I said before, I am the discoverer of the truth of creation; I know how to achieve ascension beyond anything. It all lies on what the human said. So let me re-route my previous question to anyone who believes he knows, or to anyone who understands the meaning and the value of perfection instead of just "snobing" his way around by making ridiculous comments: What do you think is the thing that makes the creators "unwhole"? What do you think is the thing that makes YOU "unwhole"?

"And yet he goes on, even tho he is blind, or maybe he dose not know it yet, poor fool. Yes yes narrow-mind logic and all that. but as i said before, Words mean little to nothing at all here, actions are what matter. but just as your mouth still moves drow, power flows in all of use differently. Some can do things that you will never understand, even if you think you do."

He stands out of his chair and opens his bag, Max and the chair fold up and enter the bag, then he smiles.

"You may think you stand at a high level then others, but the fact is, your are the same, just a pawn in this world. As for this dream world, i think its time for change. I hope everyone doesn't mined"

He slices open his hand, and blood starts to drip from it. He begins to glow in a glistening light as he waves his hands, a giant portal opens up and encompasses the room and everyone inside. when it passes, everyone is sitting at the grand banquet table in a grand ball room, with dancers and servants bringing food. the chairs for the shorted races have stairs and go higher so that everyone is able to see, but the drow is seated across the room at a small table by himself.

"Now this seems better, i hope everyone likes the accommodations, after all this is a dream, why must it be so bland. talk, eat, dance, drink, do as you please, lets make the most of our time together."

pieman2945
2015-02-04, 09:33 AM
He beams, and begins to dig in, retrieving generous portions of a wide variety of food and drink, sampling everything. This is good, thanks. I agree, let's get some dancing on. C'mon! Somebody who can actually dance, step up!

skypse
2015-02-04, 09:36 AM
A smirk is shaped on Kaelmourn's face for a second but immediately goes away.
Is he reading my mind right now? Or is he just that smart and insightful? No! There is no way a lower being like him to get into my head without me knowing. He IS indeed smart. Too bad we won't know each other after this dream ends. I just hope I will be able to meet him again. He seems useful.

Kaelmourn repeats Talior's last phrase:
"Something that mixed the two, the pure creation of the gods and the pure reason of us little guys, that's something I could see being nice." That's an interesting opinion... So if you were able to meet such a creature you think you could use your ability to penetrate its mind and mix as you said the best qualities of each?

EDIT:
After Kaelmourn sees the illusion he laughs loudly.
So THIS is what makes YOU feel worthy? You speak of powers that I cannot understand yet you haven't understood a thing from what I've told you so far. Isolate those who you cannot see their points. Those who intimidate you. Make yourself feel like you belong somewhere. I've been living in your ways for too long. I know how your society works. This is nothing new to me. Those who care about the truth, seek after it. Those who can't understand the lies they live in and cannot see their true potential, live in their illusions. Go ahead then! Eat, drink, dance. Entertain yourselves! After all this dreamland is the same as your so-called reality. In a snap of a moment it will go away and you will never know that you never lived it.

pieman2945
2015-02-04, 09:44 AM
Kaelmourn repeats Talior's last phrase:
"Something that mixed the two, the pure creation of the gods and the pure reason of us little guys, that's something I could see being nice." That's an interesting opinion... So if you were able to meet such a creature you think you could use your ability to penetrate its mind and mix as you said the best qualities of each?

People- well, some people, have a pretty huge potential for good. We can and will do a lot to help others, risk or even sacrifice our lives for strangers. I've seen it, and I really hope I can do something like that someday, but a person like that wielding the power of creation is an amazing thought. I hadn't put too much thought into the ability stuff, but maybe that could work. Make someone who will completely protect the world, with huge power. Good cause, if you're looking for one. I like it.

skypse
2015-02-04, 09:49 AM
People- well, some people, have a pretty huge potential for good. We can and will do a lot to help others, risk or even sacrifice our lives for strangers. I've seen it, and I really hope I can do something like that someday, but a person like that wielding the power of creation is an amazing thought. I hadn't put too much thought into the ability stuff, but maybe that could work. Make someone who will completely protect the world, with huge power. Good cause, if you're looking for one. I like it.

And how deep in one's mind can you go my friend? Most of the people I've met -and trust me I've met a lot- are unable of withholding great powers let alone the power of creation itself. While they were good people in their lives, the essence that gave them power, or even power itself corrupted them. Are you able to know if one's mind can withstand and rule over such power without losing oneself?

IZ42
2015-02-04, 09:51 AM
Gravity took over as Chigg realized that there was no longer a desk beneath him. Cursing rather loudly, he fell to the floor, rolling back up as his natural quick Reflexes took over. Turning to address Atheon, he says,

"You know, people appreciate it when you tell them their seat is going to disappear beneath them. As for your question, Drow, I didn't do philosophy or theological studies, but my 2 coppers say that to be perfect, omniscience would be a start. But omniscience and omnipotence and all those omni- words seem boring. Whaddya think Guardian?"

Llyarden
2015-02-04, 09:52 AM
"Do those happen to be your truths, or are they just the truths of others?"

The old woman smiles and is about to respond when a glittering ball hurtles across the room and then the entire thing turns into a ballroom. She sighs, unceremoniously shoving the food off the table to continue setting out her cards as she turns to reply to the kayal. "I tell people that they're their truths when they pay me to. What they are in truth I do not know, though I have learnt to trust and fear them in equal measure. I believe that they tell me what is to come. Perhaps I already know and am merely interpreting my own subconscious."

pieman2945
2015-02-04, 09:54 AM
And how deep in one's mind can you go my friend? Most of the people I've met -and trust me I've met a lot- are unable of withholding great powers let alone the power of creation itself. While they were good people in their lives, the essence that gave them power, or even power itself corrupted them. Are you able to know if one's mind can withstand and rule over such power without losing oneself?

I don't know how deep I can get. Never tried, for good reason. If I can, I will, assuming this all comes to pass, but there are a lot of other ways to crack someone's head. A consenting person, of course, I'm not going to brainjack someone unless it's for cheap joke, making someone see phantoms and such. Not unless I have to. But if it would assure this coming to pass, I would be willing to test my limits.

Drackstin
2015-02-04, 09:55 AM
"Creation is a funny thing, everything has the potential to be good or bad, we are not designed to be one or the other. Just as the spider catches the fly, some see this as vial, and others see this as good, but in the end it is only necessity to the spider. Even if the fly should or should not be killed for any reason, the spider needs to survive. just as we do, we all need to survive, and we all do it in different ways. some may see these ways as good, and others evil, but in the end its how we survive. And being able to decide how we survive is up to us. Also i am quite sorry goblin, it was a miscalculation on my part, your char is right beside you."

pieman2945
2015-02-04, 10:05 AM
"Creation is a funny thing, everything has the potential to be good or bad, we are not designed to be one or the other. Just as the spider catches the fly, some see this as vial, and others see this as good, but in the end it is only necessity to the spider. Even if the fly should or should not be killed for any reason, the spider needs to survive. just as we do, we all need to survive, and we all do it in different ways. some may see these ways as good, and others evil, but in the end its how we survive. And being able to decide how we survive is up to us. Also i am quite sorry goblin, it was a miscalculation on my part, your char is right beside you."

You make a very good point. He inclines his head respectfully. Survival is the most basic cause, after all. I like to think we've outgrown that, that we can turn our thoughts to others before ourselves, like a toddler being all 'I can use the bathroom on my own now! I don't need help' and you're all alright, alright, but it's probably like how he messes himself and you try not to laugh because laughing at small children is wrong. He puts a hand to his face, and mock whispers I still do it anyway. But like I was saying, maybe it's hubris and maybe it's backed. I suppose we would really have to see.

skypse
2015-02-04, 10:05 AM
I don't know how deep I can get. Never tried, for good reason. If I can, I will, assuming this all comes to pass, but there are a lot of other ways to crack someone's head. A consenting person, of course, I'm not going to brainjack someone unless it's for cheap joke, making someone see phantoms and such. Not unless I have to. But if it would assure this coming to pass, I would be willing to test my limits.
I'm not asking if you can make someone go mad, but if you can know the true potential of his mental prowess and if you can know how able he will be if he was ever granted such powers.

True words. What needs to be done will be done after all and the strongest will survive on top of the weak ones. This is how nature works. But what if someone had the option to survive above hatred? Imagine being able to be self-sufficient to the point that you don't need to kill an animal or another person to ensure your own survival. And still having your mind in the right place and be wise enough to understand how "void" it is to kill without reason.

pieman2945
2015-02-04, 10:10 AM
I'm not asking if you can make someone go mad, but if you can know the true potential of his mental prowess and if you can know how able he will be if he was ever granted such powers.

'T's what I'm saying. That would be very, very intrusive and knowing that much about a person is something I want to avoid. I can't imagine going deep enough into someone's psyche that I know more about them than they do. I did some of that kind of thing, by accident, when I was starting out with all of this and it's.. An experience. An invasion, it feels like to me. That's all. He shifts in his seat now, looking away from everybody.

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-04, 10:17 AM
Bram

"Hmm. Was this dream designed for the overly dramatic? I have as much use for theatrics as any other - more than some - but I see no need for it here."

"It would seem that way, I'm afraid. At this point I don't believe there's any real chance of getting a word in edgewise."

Bram sat back and sighed, the rapid back and forth of the chaos overwhelming him as he sent out his thoughts once more to the collective.

Honestly, I'm half tempted to just sit back and twiddle my thumbs until whoever's running this dream sees fit to end it.

As for what you said about money, Kyachi... I won't lie. The fact that I had my personal fortune to help set up my laboratory, and procure arms and armor for when things go down the crapper? It's been handy. Now that I'm situated, though, I have found that there are a lot of simpler pleasures to life. It does take a lot less for me to live by, nowadays. I'm stable - and like you said, it's not hard to find ways to idle what time I have free.

As to being at the top... I won't lie, it has its charms. But I think it tends to corrupt those who find themselves up there, until they lose perspective.

skypse
2015-02-04, 10:25 AM
'T's what I'm saying. That would be very, very intrusive and knowing that much about a person is something I want to avoid. I can't imagine going deep enough into someone's psyche that I know more about them than they do. I did some of that kind of thing, by accident, when I was starting out with all of this and it's.. An experience. An invasion, it feels like to me. That's all. He shifts in his seat now, looking away from everybody.

Kaelmourn stands from his remote table and goes near the young man. He touches his shoulder and with a calming voice he says to him:

Hey Talior. You are a good man. Better than almost everyone I ever met in my long life. Trust me when I tell you you must not fear your powers. You must embrace them, learn how to rule over them and not let them rule you and drive you crazy. You may not be holding the secret to Ascension but you most certainly are one who should. Learn how to master your powers and overcome your limits so you will be able to help all those who are worthy of your help. I trust you. I want you to see what Ascension is. Look into my eyes and tell me what you see in my soul. You may not remember what you saw and learned afterwards, but your mind and body won't ever forget the strain and you will be one step closer to controlling your abilities even better. Let me help you!

Drackstin
2015-02-04, 10:28 AM
"Self sufficient you say. well yes we would all like that, but they way you seem to be going about it is all wrong. When you see an abandon baby in the street there are many questions, and also many answers to what to do. you can save the baby, and bring it to someone that can help fine its parents, you can kill the baby, because an abandon baby will most likely die on its own and you are doing it a service, or you can leave it alone and ignore it. each option is a solution to the problem at hand, and each may look good or evil to others, even killing it to be humane can he seen as good or bad. what is right for the goose is not always right for the gander. our world is full of decision and we all make them differently. Also as far as i know the only one truly self sufficient here is the metal man, since has no need to eat drink or breath, he just is. Seems sufficient enough."

pieman2945
2015-02-04, 10:36 AM
Kaelmourn stands from his remote table and goes near the young man. He touches his shoulder and with a calming voice he says to him:

Hey Talior. You are a good man. Better than almost everyone I ever met in my long life. Trust me when I tell you you must not fear your powers. You must embrace them, learn how to rule over them and not let them rule you and drive you crazy. You may not be holding the secret to Ascension but you most certainly are one who should. Learn how to master your powers and overcome your limits so you will be able to help all those who are worthy of your help. I trust you. I want you to see what Ascension is. Look into my eyes and tell me what you see in my soul. You may not remember what you saw and learned afterwards, but your mind and body won't ever forget the strain and you will be one step closer to controlling your abilities even better. Let me help you!

He nods gratefully at the words, and smiles slightly. You're gonna make me blush, is that what you want? A red psion? But really, I.. I'm not so sure about that. I'm not sure I want to try and scan someone like that again. It's too personal for me, at least now. Things are already confusing enough here.

Vhaidara
2015-02-04, 10:45 AM
"That's the name! Ah - Guardian, I'd missed you at first, don't know how," probably because he was busy locating his beard, "Good to see you again. How did the case go over with Primacorp? I hope the legal precedent I found was helpful."

Incredibly so. The case should be winding down within the week. In fact, I'm stationed to make sure they don't try to flee.
Then Guardian realizes something
If I am here, then I am not aware, there! They could be escaping now!

nananananananananananananananana BEARDMAN!

Guardian stares at the newly arrived Beard.
Guy? You are the Beard? We are even greater allies than I ever knew.

Drackstin
2015-02-04, 10:45 AM
"I do believe you asked to dance psion, one of the dancers have asked to dance with you, go ahead, clear your mind a bit. as for you investigator, please speak your mind. i do not wish to block anyone from speaking. maybe the drow will stop to take a breath so you can speak without interruptions."

skypse
2015-02-04, 10:48 AM
"Self sufficient you say. well yes we would all like that, but they way you seem to be going about it is all wrong. When you see an abandon baby in the street there are many questions, and also many answers to what to do. you can save the baby, and bring it to someone that can help fine its parents, you can kill the baby, because an abandon baby will most likely die on its own and you are doing it a service, or you can leave it alone and ignore it. each option is a solution to the problem at hand, and each may look good or evil to others, even killing it to be humane can he seen as good or bad. what is right for the goose is not always right for the gander. our world is full of decision and we all make them differently. Also as far as i know the only one truly self sufficient here is the metal man, since has no need to eat drink or breath, he just is. Seems sufficient enough."

Well that thing is indeed self-sufficient according to Mortal measures. So is the undead one. But Ascension has to do with something much greater than mundane Mortal needs. It's about true form of perfection. Beings that as Talior say, mix the pure creation of the Gods and the pure reason of us. We have the three choices you described, but a perfect being would have so much more to offer to said baby. Let alone the possibilities of what would be the case, if that baby was such a being itself.

He nods gratefully at the words, and smiles slightly. You're gonna make me blush, is that what you want? A red psion? But really, I.. I'm not so sure about that. I'm not sure I want to try and scan someone like that again. It's too personal for me, at least now. Things are already confusing enough here.

Hey I guess it's ok if I not only permit, but also ask you do it right? I am sure I can take it and I have faith that you won't kill me or incapacitate me. And even if you do, those guys would praise you like a god right? C'mon kid! Restore my faith to this world again and show me that this universe is not filled only with incompetent creatures!

fanta5m1c
2015-02-04, 10:54 AM
Suddenly Kaelmourn stops his preaching. He is stunned and he stares towards Amrit.
Yes! He says while he raises his hand pointing towards him. Yes! Listen to your wise friend, telling stories taken from his knowledge! This is the key to Ascension! Understanding of the creation itself! Alien and Unwhole! UNWHOLE! Incomplete creatures, yet so powerful that were able to create life and form out of nothing! Yet so arrogant that are now lost in oblivion just like you will some day for the same reason. So ignorant of the existence they, themselves created! Tell me human, Amrit was it? If you are the one that understands the creators, what is the element that is absent from their souls? What is the element, that makes them unwhole and incomplete? And what do you believe would happen, if that element suddenly bonded with them?
Amrit

"Perhaps you're not quite as delusional as you make out." he replied as he turned back to face the flamboyant drow. "The gods lack many things to our eyes, each other chief among them. They are as one grand being divided among many, but even taken as a whole they are not complete." There is a pause here as he thinks for a moment, "I would say that they lack a self in the sense that we know it. They have desires and goals of a fashion, but to my knowledge they have no sense of introspection.
" he finishes, leaning back in his chair with a squeak and ignoring the pointless food. He was definitely curious to see of this was going somewhere, though he lamented the fact that if it did there would be no record of it.

pieman2945
2015-02-04, 11:01 AM
Hey I guess it's ok if I not only permit, but also ask you do it right? I am sure I can take it and I have faith that you won't kill me or incapacitate me. And even if you do, those guys would praise you like a god right? C'mon kid! Restore my faith to this world again and show me that this universe is not filled only with incompetent creatures!

He looks away, then back, and nods. I.. Okay. I'll try, as best I can. Let's see exactly how well I can do this, huh? He looks into the drow's eyes, trying to pry as to what he's thinking. He focuses, and squints hard for comic effect.

He activates Read Thoughts

JBarca
2015-02-04, 11:26 AM
Claude sits back as the conversation moves quickly past him, as many others engage in topics that seem to matter little.

"Understanding of creation? Exploring one's own mind?" He shrugs. "It seems meaningless. Actions are the essence of being. Understanding it all well and good, but if you understand a problem, yet do nothing to remedy it... Then I would argue it was never actually understood. Working toward a goal is the only indication that one is thinking, that one is progressing. Friends, your high-minded approaches to life are concerning me."

skypse
2015-02-04, 11:29 AM
He looks away, then back, and nods. I.. Okay. I'll try, as best I can. Let's see exactly how well I can do this, huh? He looks into the drow's eyes, trying to pry as to what he's thinking. He focuses, and squints hard for comic effect.

He activates Read Thoughts

Kaelmourn relaxes himself, allowing the human to enter his mind. This time he feels the invasive force and this makes him smile. He knows that this person is indeed smart and insightful.

The black eyes of Kaelmourn entrap your sight. Inside his brain chaos. Lightings sparkle while you travel through his nerves trying to infiltrate his inner self. You reach a pitch-black spot. You feel like you cannot go deeper than that. Who are you? A voice sounds. Purple energy beams emit from what looks like walls around you and start moving like crazy through the air. They finally merge together in the middle of the room and a peculiar creature forms. It looks like a four-legged winged demon. His intimidating presence was like nothing Talior had ever seen before. The beast's blood-red eyes wander around to see who invaded his space. I am Faceless. The voice sounds again. Who are you and why are you here? What happened to my master?

pieman2945
2015-02-04, 11:39 AM
His eyes snap wide and he leans back, eyes still locked to the drow's. His expression is one of shock, and maybe fear, as he finds himself unable to look away and venturing into his mind. His mental presence flinches back in unison with his body, and he distances his probe from the.. Thing, cursing inventively. What in the name of any hell you care to name are you? Who is your master?

RandomWombat
2015-02-04, 12:20 PM
Standing upon his pedestal, The Beard claws at the sky in dismay. "Perfection! What mockery is this! To be perfect is to die! No, not perfect, nor to be perfect, nor even not to care. For to feel is the essence of what it means to live!" Grasping his chest as though to grip his own heart, he lowers his head in mourning. "To hear so many striving for an ascended state of being brings tears of sadness running down into the hairs of my chinny chin chin. Chigg, you speak true. Godhood - omnipotence is a cage, more so for those who have known mortality in its joy and its sorrow. For what else is to be done by one whose beard has stopped growing? When there is nowhere left to ascend, nowhere to climb, what then? Only an eternity of silence sitting at the top of the mountain and looking down upon dust. Like the corporate lumps that grow fat on inheritance and the labor of others, only existing to satisfy their most base urges, and still not satisfied by that. Not bearing the ignorant childlike bliss that protects our own creators from the cage they do not recognize for what it is."

"No - the only way to build a better world is by our own two - or four-" The Beard notes aside towards the four-armed lizard creature seated among them so as not to offend, "Mortal hands! To change lives for the better one person at a time! And to make our home a place where a man can be a man with a beard. And then to die, knowing that we have done our part, knowing that we have grown and shaved and grown again and lived." Stepping down from atop the desk, he sits back down.

Speaking at a more normal volume, The Beard reassures Guardian, "Brave protector of the innocent, I have every faith that you will not overstay here. I do not know what this place is, or even that it is real, but your beard is big and strong even though you were not built with one. It is a beard that you have made for yourself out of shining metal filaments. And that is amazing. Such a beard would not hang idle while the abusers make good their escape."

soulsabre345
2015-02-04, 02:56 PM
Kyachi rather quickly grew tired of the drow with a ego so large it could have it's own orbit, although was pleasantly surprised by the change in scenery of the illusion. She realized it probably was fake, but it was at least something to do that didn't rely of listening to the Drow. Regardless, she got up and moved over to the dancers, joining them to pass the time, eventually after quite a while responding. "The fact of someone being perfect or not, or what perfection even means, is utterly meaningless. Someone who's perfect or not would still interact the same with the world, still see the same things. It would likely even be worse to be perfect, because you would have no one to relate to. No, this entire line of reasoning is a waste of breath, only making the lives of those involved worse for hearing it."

To the collective: That's been much my conclusion as well. Money isn't inherently bad, but it lets you distance yourself more and more until you loose track of reality. I will say when we get out of here I hope to come across you again Bram, and mostly everyone else here. Everyone here is very interesting in their own ways, excluding perhaps the drow.

Drackstin
2015-02-04, 03:08 PM
Atheon claps as Kyachi dances.

"At least some people are trying to have some fun. as for the psion and the drow, please be careful looking into others minds, sometimes they hold tricks that make you think they are much more then you think. as for everyone else, maybe we should play a game to pass the time. Anyone know a good game to play?"

skypse
2015-02-04, 06:35 PM
His eyes snap wide and he leans back, eyes still locked to the drow's. His expression is one of shock, and maybe fear, as he finds himself unable to look away and venturing into his mind. His mental presence flinches back in unison with his body, and he distances his probe from the.. Thing, cursing inventively. What in the name of any hell you care to name are you? Who is your master?

Kaelmourn remains relaxed as he sees the young human stunned. He completely ignores the comments of the rest even though he can still hear them. He doesn't want to stress himself and block Talior. He keeps his eyes staring at him, smiles and thinks:

Now my friend you know. This is my truth. This is my meaning. This.. this is the path to Ascension!

The words echo in Kaelmourn's mind, clearly making their way towards the stunned Psion.

The presence hears Kaelmourn's voice, relaxing and taking a more gentle pose. I am what you Mortals call an Outsider. I am a being of superiority and higher intellect. A being of Creation itself! Alone I was merely stronger than the strongest of Mortals but now; now I have ascended! I found one Mortal powerful and intelligent enough to withhold my powers. Capable of merging my existence into his own. One with the mental prowess to see beyond the reality of your world. I am the one who gave his all to his master, Kaelmourn! I, am pure Creation.

Smileybastard
2015-02-04, 07:15 PM
Tamyr

Tamyr contemplates the idea of perfection. I doubt they really understand the idea, but argue some wisp of an idea. To wrap one's mind around perfection could take a lifetime ... or more.

pieman2945
2015-02-04, 10:40 PM
Now my friend you know. This is my truth. This is my meaning. This.. this is the path to Ascension!
The presence hears Kaelmourn's voice, relaxing and taking a more gentle pose. I am what you Mortals call an Outsider. I am a being of superiority and higher intellect. A being of Creation itself! Alone I was merely stronger than the strongest of Mortals but now; now I have ascended! I found one Mortal powerful and intelligent enough to withhold my powers. Capable of merging my existence into his own. One with the mental prowess to see beyond the reality of your world. I am the one who gave his all to his master, Kaelmourn! I, am pure Creation.

He looks at the monster with unbridled curiosity now, having deemed it no threat. So he has a pet demon? Why do all of them get minions? More to himself, he muses The ego makes more sense now, if you've got this guy working for you.

skypse
2015-02-05, 03:11 AM
He looks at the monster with unbridled curiosity now, having deemed it no threat. So he has a pet demon? Why do all of them get minions? More to himself, he muses The ego makes more sense now, if you've got this guy working for you.

Ha! The creature laughs. "For you"??? We are not simply master and servant puny mortal! Don't insult me like that! We are together! We are one! I work with Kaelmourn. The word master has a very different meaning in our world. As one, we are an elevated creature. The epitome of Creation and Purpose! As one, Kaelmourn and the Faceless, we have Ascended! Our powers growing over any imagination, seemingly limitless and will prove as such as long as the Creators keep on being arrogant and think they are unreachable. We have lived in worlds that we were never meant to live in. We have seen each other's souls and we have seen the secrets of Creation. Can't you understand? 2 different realities, merged into 1, showing you things that no single creature would ever perceive. This, is Creation!
Faceless starts to fade, gently this time, this form of energy gets absorbed by the same walls it came out from. Beam by beam, dancing around through the air just like how it was created, until nothing but blackness remained around Talior's mental presence.
Did you see what you wanted to see my friend? Kaelmourn's thoughts once more echo as a clear voice around Talior.

pieman2945
2015-02-05, 09:16 AM
Ha! The creature laughs. "For you"??? We are not simply master and servant puny mortal! Don't insult me like that! We are together! We are one! I work with Kaelmourn. The word master has a very different meaning in our world. As one, we are an elevated creature. The epitome of Creation and Purpose! As one, Kaelmourn and the Faceless, we have Ascended! Our powers growing over any imagination, seemingly limitless and will prove as such as long as the Creators keep on being arrogant and think they are unreachable. We have lived in worlds that we were never meant to live in. We have seen each other's souls and we have seen the secrets of Creation. Can't you understand? 2 different realities, merged into 1, showing you things that no single creature would ever perceive. This, is Creation!
Faceless starts to fade, gently this time, this form of energy gets absorbed by the same walls it came out from. Beam by beam, dancing around through the air just like how it was created, until nothing but blackness remained around Talior's mental presence.
Did you see what you wanted to see my friend? Kaelmourn's thoughts once more echo as a clear voice around Talior.

He nods, and starts to retract his thoughts from the drow's mind. Yes, I did. That was certainly.. An interesting occurrence. Not saying it wasn't weird, introducing me to an unknown monster hiding in your skull in order to help me get over my trepidation at the thought of peeking into someone's mind. Seems kinda like being in a big city and tossing a little kid into a wolf den in order to protect him, wrapping him in ham so they'll accept him as one of their own. 'Pedophiles hate wolves, don't they? Here, kid roll around in this gravy. No, stop crying and do it, the crime rate isn't dropping out here is it?' The thoughts spill out in a jumble, instantaneously transmitting to Kaelmourn all at once as he leaves his mind.

Talior shakes his head, blinks his sore eyes and nods again, with more respect now. Thank you.

Drackstin
2015-02-05, 09:34 AM
"Psion, you look as if you have seen a ghost, maybe some entertainment will help you."

Atheon claps and a dancer grabs Talior's hand.

"Maybe this will clear your mind, i know you need it."

pieman2945
2015-02-05, 09:39 AM
"Psion, you look as if you have seen a ghost, maybe some entertainment will help you."

Atheon claps and a dancer grabs Talior's hand.

"Maybe this will clear your mind, i know you need it."

Talior smiles gratefully, and begins to dance, laughing. Now you've gotta join in. I'm mandating it with... With.. I'm sure I have some kind of authority, don't I?

Drackstin
2015-02-05, 10:02 AM
"Yes you have authority, here more so then others though. for this is just a dream, and things are always easier to do in dreams. Since you did ask, i will dance, but i think we should liven the beat a bit."

He stands and walks to the end of the table, he claps his hands and a dancer some and takes his hand. as the walk onto the dance floor light beam down on them, and what looks to be a band of demons pops up in a puff of smoke, each with a different interment, and they begin to play, what sounds like a mamba.

"This is more like it."

In his hand a rose appears, he kisses the hand of the dancer, then puts the rose in his mouth, then they start to dance.

pieman2945
2015-02-05, 10:23 AM
His dancing slows as he turns to watch Atheon, clapping his own hands for the display. Yes! That's some good dancing!

Drackstin
2015-02-05, 10:38 AM
He laughs and takes the rose in his hand.

"life is what you make of it, it can not always be serious and work. Without some fun, your life becomes dull and meaningless. fun breeds imagination and that is one of the best tools for inventing. As for my dancing, these steps are rather new to me, but i wanted to give them a try, after all, if no one remember this, its ok for me to make a fool of myself. As for you, maybe being a psion will allow you to take something away from all this. Living with fear of doing something is not living at all, your mind makes prisons that are very hard to escape from. live without fear, and really live your life, don't be afraid of anything."

IZ42
2015-02-05, 10:42 AM
Chigg

Chigg climbs up into the chair next to him and watches the dancers, but does not appear that much interested in dancing himself, but does appear to like the exotic, lively music in and of itself.

*Cue Traditional Goblin Break Dancing:smallbiggrin:*

skypse
2015-02-05, 10:45 AM
Kaelmourn turns to Amrit and says: Oh I bet you would love to have experienced what he points to the dancing Talior just did. Too bad you can't read minds as well I guess huh? You are in a good place questioning the fundamentals of your world though. You might be able to figure it out someday.

Then he stands up, slowly walks towards his remote table thinking...
Oh this kid. What a power. What a potential! Dream or not, this will be in everyone's subconscious... I hope he will someday be able to remember all this and seek me out. We have a lot to learn from one another. He... He might be the specimen I seek in this world. A person with true kindness inside of his heart and open mind inside of his head.
Sits to his table and shouts.
Come on! It's time for this charade to finally come to an end! I am sick and tired of being in the same space as those lowlifes and this isn't going to end good for someone here! Nobility as mine cannot be trapped in a place with mere peasants and robots! I am a higher creature! I'm getting out of this idiotic dream once and for all!

pieman2945
2015-02-05, 10:57 AM
He laughs and takes the rose in his hand.

"life is what you make of it, it can not always be serious and work. Without some fun, your life becomes dull and meaningless. fun breeds imagination and that is one of the best tools for inventing. As for my dancing, these steps are rather new to me, but i wanted to give them a try, after all, if no one remember this, its ok for me to make a fool of myself. As for you, maybe being a psion will allow you to take something away from all this. Living with fear of doing something is not living at all, your mind makes prisons that are very hard to escape from. live without fear, and really live your life, don't be afraid of anything."

He smiles wider, but somehow softer as well. I like that. Thank you, all of you, for the kind words, the interesting conversation and the promise of future adventure. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Sits to his table and shouts.
Come on! It's time for this charade to finally come to an end! I am sick and tired of being in the same space as those lowlifes and this isn't going to end good for someone here! Nobility as mine cannot be trapped in a place with mere peasants and robots! I am a higher creature! I'm getting out of this idiotic dream once and for all!

His dancing brings him towards the remote table, and he steps over to pull the drow towards the floor. Why wish to end a good thing? Lighten up, dance a little, enjoy yourself for once. Or keep pouting. But your temper tantrum doesn't help your image, buddy.

Drackstin
2015-02-05, 11:05 AM
Come on! It's time for this charade to finally come to an end! I am sick and tired of being in the same space as those lowlifes and this isn't going to end good for someone here! Nobility as mine cannot be trapped in a place with mere peasants and robots! I am a higher creature! I'm getting out of this idiotic dream once and for all

"Yes yes we all no you are a higher creature, bla bla bla, well if that is the case, take your rightful altitude."

He snaps his fingers and the ceiling seems to get higher, then the floor under the drow lifts him and his table up into the air, it stops around 50 feet.

"I hope you like your seat, now please, let the others enjoy themselves. you can pout to yourself up there."

fanta5m1c
2015-02-05, 11:52 AM
Kaelmourn turns to Amrit and says: Oh I bet you would love to have experienced what he points to the dancing Talior just did. Too bad you can't read minds as well I guess huh? You are in a good place questioning the fundamentals of your world though. You might be able to figure it out someday.

Then he stands up, slowly walks towards his remote table thinking...
Amrit

"Perhaps I would..." his attention shifted between the drow and the psion, "...or perhaps it is not so important because I have seen the gods. We may never know." he replied to the departing elf.

With a sigh, he pushed his plate out of the way and leaned one arm heavily on the table as he scanned the gathered concisousnesses (real or some kind of dream, he still wasn't certain). The room had became increasingly lively as things turned from debate to dance. It was a nice thing to observe; to listen and absorb the atmosphere, but he felt no urge to clomp onto the dance floor. Dancing just wasn't in his repertoire.

Nor in many others, he silently observed as he glanced at the many sitting around the table. Several seemed lost in thought, another had donned a cape and... beard?... before shouting about justice and chin hair; the goblin was standing precariously on a chair while watching the dancing, and the old lady seemed to be absorbed in reading tarot cards. They were an interesting bunch, to say the least, but he had to wonder at the sanity of bringing them together. There didn't appear to be any common thread here, but perhaps it was simply too early to tell.

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-05, 12:03 PM
Bram

That's been much my conclusion as well. Money isn't inherently bad, but it lets you distance yourself more and more until you loose track of reality. I will say when we get out of here I hope to come across you again Bram, and mostly everyone else here. Everyone here is very interesting in their own ways, excluding perhaps the drow.
Bram smiled. I hope to meet you again, as well. And perhaps Guardian and Chigg, too. You've been a delight to talk with.

Then Kaelmourn opened his mouth once again, and the good feelings vanished.

For once, Bram did not roll his eyes at Atheon's antics, and instead, as the magus levitated the arrogant drow into the air, nodded in thanks.

He's loosened up significantly ever since he started that dancing in the middle of the dome. Perhaps getting up and doing some activity was for the best after all.

All of a sudden, another piece of paper poofed out of nowhere, and alighted on his desk. Picking it up, he donned his reading glasses once again and read it.

You've all done well thus far. The time in the dream is two-thirds of the way over. Make the most of what remains.Turning his head up to the cieling, Bram called out to Kaelmorn.

"If it's any consolation, the architects of the dream have sent another note. Two thirds of our time here have elapsed. You'll be rid of our presence shortly."

He then thought at the collective.

More importantly, we'll be rid of his. If we're lucky.

And believe me when I say I have plans for the end of the dream... Oh yes...

skypse
2015-02-05, 12:07 PM
He smiles wider, but somehow softer as well. I like that. Thank you, all of you, for the kind words, the interesting conversation and the promise of future adventure. I look forward to meeting all of you.

His dancing brings him towards the remote table, and he steps over to pull the drow towards the floor. Why wish to end a good thing? Lighten up, dance a little, enjoy yourself for once. Or keep pouting. But your temper tantrum doesn't help your image, buddy.

You should know by now that I am not the type of person who gives value to all these things. *shows around* I didn't come here by choice and I'm tired of sitting here without knowing when this thing is going to end. You guys may have fun with such things but they don't touch me. After all the way that "dreamer" dances is a disgrace to every form of art in the world.

"Yes yes we all no you are a higher creature, bla bla bla, well if that is the case, take your rightful altitude."

He snaps his fingers and the ceiling seems to get higher, then the floor under the drow lifts him and his table up into the air, it stops around 50 feet.

"I hope you like your seat, now please, let the others enjoy themselves. you can pout to yourself up there."

Kaelmourn steps off his chair, slowly descending to the floor.
Oh dear... Your impudence, your incompetence and your constant need of showing off how weak you are, tire me... Please mind your own business and stop trying to prove whatever it is that you're trying to prove to all the others here. Go do that "dancing" of yours -if that's what you call dancing- and leave me in my peace. I have given enough value to bugs like you!

EDIT:

"If it's any consolation, the architects of the dream have sent another note. Two thirds of our time here have elapsed. You'll be rid of our presence shortly."

Oh it is... But greater consolation will come when I get my hands on those so-called architects.

I really love how all this is going. You guys are all unbelievably funny and good at this! <3

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-05, 12:11 PM
Bram

One more third... one more third...

Drackstin
2015-02-05, 12:33 PM
"Yes investigator, we all have that feeling, its amazing how someone with such a big head can stand on his own, well that gives me an idea."

He waves his hand and the drows head begins to grow, larger then an ogres.

"That suits you better drow, your nobility means nothing here, your pompous ways and words mean even less. and whatever demons you have in that head of yours brings you no closer to the gods then anyone else, your ideas are the ideas of fools. take a good look at me drow, what do you see? because i am closer to that which you look for then anyone else, it is a part of me, yet i do not go around telling the world i am superior. i do not need to. the fact that you do, means you are nothing at all. just a normal being like any of us. so face it drow, you have a big head for nothing."

pieman2945
2015-02-05, 12:41 PM
Bram

Two thirds seems to have gone pretty quickly, huh? That's a shame, this was fun while it lasted. He flashes a smile to the assembled group.

You should know by now that I am not the type of person who gives value to all these things. *shows around* I didn't come here by choice and I'm tired of sitting here without knowing when this thing is going to end. You guys may have fun with such things but they don't touch me. After all the way that "dreamer" dances is a disgrace to every form of art in the world.

I really love how all this is going. You guys are all unbelievably funny and good at this! <3

He puts his hands up, acquiescing. Alright, alright, suit yourself. The insults are funnier than they are ill-received, you know. Reminds me of trying to fit a half giant in an outhouse. You may think you're doing a good job, but everyone watching knows that it's pretty damn ridiculous and there's gonna be a mess. He shivers involuntarily at the memory.

IZ42
2015-02-05, 12:42 PM
Chigg

Seeing the Drow arguing with and insulting the other partiers, Chigg yells across the ballroom,

"Why ya gotta be such a (Un)-Holier-Than-Thou? Is it your job to be a party pooper? Cause no one likes those guys. Including other party-poopers."

Talking to the collective, he says
It has been... interesting meeting you all, and nice to see one of Sam'l's acquaintances, because you can only put up surg his friends for so long.

pieman2945
2015-02-05, 12:49 PM
He waves his hand and the drows head begins to grow, larger then an ogres.

"That suits you better drow, your nobility means nothing here, your pompous ways and words mean even less. and whatever demons you have in that head of yours brings you no closer to the gods then anyone else, your ideas are the ideas of fools. take a good look at me drow, what do you see? because i am close to that witch you look for then anyone else, it is a part of me, yet i do not go around telling the world i am superior. i do not need to. the fact that you do, means you are nothing at all. just a normal being like any of us. so face it drow, you have a big head for nothing."

He stifles a laugh at the sight, and steps away from any reaction that Kaelmourn might give. You seem to have a little- a big problem there. Not talking about your ego this time, either. Need a hand? He smiles, trying to ensure he's not taken seriously.

Rysc
2015-02-05, 01:33 PM
Auva

"I tell people that they're their truths when they pay me to. What they are in truth I do not know, though I have learnt to trust and fear them in equal measure. I believe that they tell me what is to come. Perhaps I already know and am merely interpreting my own subconscious."

The kayal watches the fortuneteller continue with her cards. "Perhaps you do. I have to content myself with weaving together the past, but in its own way it suffices."

"Sweet relief." Auva wonders whether she can get her desk back if she pretends hard enough, dream-logic and all. Or if she can get her own room away from the antics of the tiefling and the drow. Unfortunately, the dance hall (and the assembly) remains.

"That suits you better drow, your nobility means nothing here, your pompous ways and words mean even less. and whatever demons you have in that head of yours brings you no closer to the gods then anyone else, your ideas are the ideas of fools. take a good look at me drow, what do you see? because i am closer to that which you look for then anyone else, it is a part of me, yet i do not go around telling the world i am superior. i do not need to. the fact that you do, means you are nothing at all. just a normal being like any of us. so face it drow, you have a big head for nothing."

And that would be a prime example of the pot calling the kettle black.

She glances over at the tiefling. "As much as I agree with you about the drow, I'd just like to point out that you essentially contradicted yourself within that little spiel by telling us 'I'm better than everyone.'" Then she shrugs. "Actually, I have no idea why I'm trying to help your rhetoric since you won't remember anyway. Another mystery for me to not puzzle out later."

Drackstin
2015-02-05, 01:45 PM
She glances over at the tiefling. "As much as I agree with you about the drow, I'd just like to point out that you essentially contradicted yourself within that little spiel by telling us 'I'm better than everyone.'" Then she shrugs. "Actually, I have no idea why I'm trying to help your rhetoric since you won't remember anyway. Another mystery for me to not puzzle out later."

"Yes i might have, but everyone in this world has talents that make them better then others, and yes i do declare the i am one of the best inventors around, but i know there are better, and i prove myself with my capability, where so our drow here just banters on about being all high and mighty and we should all bow to him. i think not, the only thing i have seen him do since he awoken was aggravate everyone around him, he is best at that, that much is clear. I may be second, but that is only because in a dream world such as this, i do not need to act normal, because there is no reason too, we can do anything we want."

carnivoroustofu
2015-02-05, 02:01 PM
Ekk I missed the link somehow. Reading time!

soulsabre345
2015-02-05, 02:47 PM
Kyachi would just keep dancing, enjoying the beat of the music, and following along as it changed to a mamba, generally ignoring the drow at this point. "Well, it has been a interesting time while we've been here, and leads into wondering again just why we're here. Perhaps the Architect will reveal it at the end? And Artheon, I wonder how exactly you would act in normal settings. I imagine, if you emphasize the superiority aspect less, we could get along rather well."

Drackstin
2015-02-05, 03:03 PM
I'm glad you are having a good time, as for me, you will have to find out yourself. and since our time here is almost over, is there anything that anyone wants to do? maybe desert, or a show?

JBarca
2015-02-05, 03:03 PM
Claude watches the arguments with increasing distance. As entertaining as this was, the conversations have quickly turned to argumentation and bragging. Fortunately, this is all but a dream. If only I could remember this when the time comes... Ah well.

pieman2945
2015-02-05, 03:14 PM
I'm glad you are having a good time, as for me, you will have to find out yourself. and since our time here is almost over, is there anything that anyone wants to do? maybe desert, or a show?

He nods agreeably. Either would be absolutely wonderful, given it's not too much trouble. Whatever you like, I'm happy with, and if I'm not I don't have to remember anyway.

Drackstin
2015-02-05, 03:37 PM
"Oh good, well then desert for everyone, and maybe some coffee and tea."

He claps his hands and many girls dressed as maid come out with platters of cakes, cookies, biscuit and more also with pitchers of coffee and tea with cream and sugar.

"As for a show.... Lets see now."

again he claps his hands and a part of the dance floor starts too rise from the ground to make a stage, curtains drop and a play begins.

"I hope this is good enough for some of you with finer tastes."

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-05, 04:08 PM
Bram

Bram looked on as Atheon worked his magic, summoning food and drink for everyone and setting up a play. An eyebrow was raised - but only briefly, and with none of the previous exasperation.

Well. For all his braggadocio, at the very least he knows how to entertain company. That's more positive qualities than the drow has.

And if this is a dream... No need to worry about fattening myself up.

As the maids passed by, Bram reached out, taking no less than four cookies and two thick slices of cake, as well as a cup of dark coffee. Thanking the illusory maid, he chewed on one of the cookies, the sweet taste of brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon mixing in his mouth, before taking a deep sniff of the dark brew in his cup and delicately taking a sip.

"The food is, for sure. But let's see if you can put on a play."

Drackstin
2015-02-05, 04:20 PM
"For the play i think this will tickle your fancies, its nothing too great, but it is an amazing story."

Atheon returns to his chair and claps again, the lights dim and the curtain opens. a young boy runs out to the middle of the stage, and beings to talk.

"Good evening everyone, tonight we have for you the story of Merlin the great magician, Prince Arthur, and the sword Excalibur."

the curtains close and then open again, the play starts.

skypse
2015-02-05, 05:32 PM
Chigg
"Why ya gotta be such a (Un)-Holier-Than-Thou? Is it your job to be a party pooper? Cause no one likes those guys. Including other party-poopers."

Hey! It's your right to dislike me and comment on what I do and say and it's my right to dislike a party. Especially under the specific circumstances.

"Yes i might have, but everyone in this world has talents that make them better then others, and yes i do declare the i am one of the best inventors around, but i know there are better, and i prove myself with my capability, where so our drow here just banters on about being all high and mighty and we should all bow to him. i think not, the only thing i have seen him do since he awoken was aggravate everyone around him, he is best at that, that much is clear. I may be second, but that is only because in a dream world such as this, i do not need to act normal, because there is no reason too, we can do anything we want."

Continue to play with your little tricks. It's been long enough and even though you amuse the rest, we can all see how much you strive to prove that you are capable of things. You think that by being provocative I will react to your shenanigans? You are like a little baby crying in the corner for some attention, messing around with everyone and yelling until someone passes you your toy. To be honest I am starting to feel amused by your efforts as well. All this time you underestimate me, you're telling everyone how you are one of the best at your field, doing everything you can to show us your abilities and gain what? Appreciation? Acceptance? I told you before, those who know they are the best, don't feel the need to demonstrate anything. And now you say that if you acted normal you wouldn't be second? What is the point of trying to give a wrong impression of who you are? Maybe you, yourself don't even know the answer to that question. But the thing is, that none of us really care. Some because they won't remember you and some because they don't care about you. The same goes for me, but at least I know and I accept it as a fact instead of showing ignorance at the very truth around me. Go ahead, play as you wish. Make me look like a frog if that makes you feel worthy. It won't be real, as nothing of this is, just like your claims that you so hard try to prove.

How would Atheon know what is inside Kaelmourn's head? He hasn't spoken for any demons, any kind of bonds or anything about it. Everything he had said so far is purely theoretical. The only one who knows what's going on is Talior.

Drackstin
2015-02-05, 05:48 PM
"I'm am afraid you miss understood everything I said drow, but that's alright. You need to be quiet now, the play is on."

He waves his hands and the drow can no longer talk, as if his voice was stolen.

"You will get it back after the play."

pieman2945
2015-02-05, 05:50 PM
He takes a seat and some assorted sweets, leaning forward eagerly to watch the play. Hearing the Kaelmourn's comments, he turns back to the argument momentarily. Hey, you guys can turn me into a frog if you want. Always wondered what it would be like to have a tongue longer than me. Okay, wondered for the past ten seconds or so, but the point stands.

skypse
2015-02-05, 06:05 PM
Kaelmourn, again with a big smile on his face, walks towards Kelsi completely ignoring Atheon.

Ok that's enough for me. He's not worthy of living, but he's not worthy of my rage as well. After all why would I bother with such a stupid creature. I'm still happy I met one person with brains in this room.

He sits across the woman, staring at her cards. He watches carefully for patterns among the cards, trying to understand either a scheme, or something magical.

fanta5m1c
2015-02-05, 06:30 PM
Kyachi would just keep dancing, enjoying the beat of the music, and following along as it changed to a mamba, generally ignoring the drow at this point. "Well, it has been a interesting time while we've been here, and leads into wondering again just why we're here. Perhaps the Architect will reveal it at the end? ..."

"I sincerely hope that they do, because as it stands this event hints at disturbing things. The fact that all of us, some of whom can't even sleep in the traditional sense, can be wisked away into a shared dream against our wills with the sincere expectation that they will erase our memories at the end of it says that they are powerful beyond all of us, and that they have plans that they don't even want the slightest trace left of..." he growls in frustration. "I said my piece. There is likely nothing that can be done now, anyway."

When Atheon sent the illusory servents around with dessert Amrit gruffly waved them away while grumbling about "pointless imaginary food." He wasn't too thrilled with the idea of a play being put on either, but he quietly settled back in his seat to watch it for lack of anything better to do.

Drackstin
2015-02-05, 06:39 PM
"You keep saying these are illusions, I can tell you, all of this is real. Everything I have done is real, this might be just a dream but what you see is real."

soulsabre345
2015-02-05, 08:39 PM
Upon the stage being shifted to a play, she sighed and quickly got off the stage, going to a seat and watching now, ignoring the food in front of her. Illusory or not, it wouldn't help her in the future. Technically, none of this would, but feeling people out and knowing how they operate is never a bad idea. Still ignoring the drow's pandering on, she would just watch and wait for the end of whatever this was, unless a conversation or another point grabbed her interest.

Rysc
2015-02-05, 11:04 PM
Auva

When the play begins, Auva's first instinct is the riffle through her mental file of stories in case this one's new and worth keeping. Her second instinct is to remember it won't matter anyway.

Not much reason to watch it, then.

She turns her attention back to the fortuneteller and her cards, scraping her chair back ever so slightly when the drow comes near.

Kelsi is the one with the cards, just so you know.

fanta5m1c
2015-02-06, 01:28 AM
Amrit

"You keep saying these are illusions, I can tell you, all of this is real. Everything I have done is real, this might be just a dream but what you see is real."

"I think that you and I fundamentally disagree about what constitutes reality. Unless... Unless you're saying that we've been abducted and are actually here. Is this perhaps some kind of wizard created extradimensional space? You do seem to be the only one of use freely warping this place to their whims. Would you care to drop the charade and explain what part you've been playing in this?" Despite the rather serious accusation, Amrit remained reclined in his seat and sounded more amused than anything.

skypse
2015-02-06, 03:23 AM
Auva

When the play begins, Auva's first instinct is the riffle through her mental file of stories in case this one's new and worth keeping. Her second instinct is to remember it won't matter anyway.

Not much reason to watch it, then.

She turns her attention back to the fortuneteller and her cards, scraping her chair back ever so slightly when the drow comes near.

Kelsi is the one with the cards, just so you know.

Damn we are a lot of people in this thread :D Sorry for that Rysc and thanks for telling me.
Edited the previous post. Kaelmourn still goes to the same place (I suppose you sit near each other in the big table) and watches Kelsi's cards instead of Auva. Everything else remains the same.

Llyarden
2015-02-06, 06:01 AM
The old woman starts turning over cards and laying them in a grid pattern. As she does so, and without any apparent effort on her part, the light seems to darken a little around her, Kaelmourn and Auva, and small illusions grow from the cards as she turns them over. The first card she turns over shows a withered corpse on a post, surrounded by a bush of thorns. A single berry grows on the bush. "The Tangled Briar, misaligned," she remarked. "Something from the long past brought pain, but with it hope." She turns over the other two cards on the left-hand side - the first displaying a group of crow-headed men counting gold, and the second showing a tornado - without any comment, before moving on to the middle column and turning the top card over: an attractive woman holding up a decapitated head and leaning in to kiss it. "The Betrayal, also misaligned. Turning away from the material world; self-sacrifice and bravery. A fine card." The next card, the one in the centre of the grid, shows two men facing each other, in identical clothes but with reversed colorations - one wears a red top and green trousers, while the other wears a green top and red trousers. The old woman frowns at the card. "The Twin, and in its true match, no less. Hidden meanings and twisted truths are abound." The last card in the column depicts a scared man fleeing from a horde of skeletons, all framed by a blood-red eclipse. "The Eclipse in a partial match," she comments. "Self-doubt and confusion." Then she moves on to the last column and reveals two cards - the first depicting a puppet show and the next an insectoid creature swathed in noble gowns. She tuts at them and reveals the final card, which displays an old man poring through a large tome by candlelight. "Hmm. The Hidden Truth in its opposite match. A secret will come to be revealed, much to your peril." Then she looks up, as if she'd not seen the drow sitting by her. "Was there something you wanted?"

Random card drawing, away!

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7] [roll8]

(And yes, for those who know how Harrowings work, Kelsi missed a step. It seemed more dramatically appropriate.)

omnitricks
2015-02-06, 07:26 AM
Delkos was amused with how this scenario was progressing. Most of those gathered had decided to try and one up each other, showing off what they could do. Their lack of self awareness was surprising to say the least. At this point they still had no idea who it was that gathered them in this dream and for what purpose. For all he knew it could be enemies assessing those that would see them ruin or at least that is what his paranoid thinking suggested to him. Especially if they'd have no memory of what they actually had done once the dream is over.

A pity. Some of these were information he would've loved to commit to memory. Like the guns. It was almost as if Delkos had lost himself at the chance for such an attempt for a time. So many strange characters although such a thing wasn't rare in his line of work.

He brought out a mug filled to the brim. One of the more special products in one of his establishments and started sipping it for himself. "Don't mind me. Its just getting a little too messy to get through all this sober." Before putting his mug down in front of him and bring out another to the side. "Feel free to help yourself. I won't remember this generosity once I wake up." It also helped that it wouldn't cost him a thing and that this will all be over shortly.

Got lost with how far the thread has progressed. Just using this to get back in and as a marker from where I'll continue replying to. Also mug is filled with Elven Absinthe because why not? Take it at your peril :P

Drackstin
2015-02-06, 08:14 AM
As the play subsided and finished, the lights brightened again, and just as he said, the drow was able to talk, funny as soon as the silence was lifted everyone could hear the drow in mid sentence, as if he was talking the whole time.

"Well that was a fantastic play, i liked the bit about the lady of the lake, very exciting. as for the drow, he seems to be as long winded as ever. also to answer your question, i to am just a pawn in this dream scape, as any of you are, but i do have a secret. This is just a dream scape that is true, but just as a higher being could lock us away in a dream, in those dreams everything is real. I once heard a story of a great dragon that sent a group into his dream to entertain him, some died. For what they encountered was not an illusion, but real. Some things here are altered. Just as i could hit the drow with glitter dust, but him not be blinded. So i belive no negative effects against each other will work, as this Architect stated. So all of this is very real. So yes investigator those cookies might make you plump, but they were good."

He laughs and then smiles again.

"As for why i can change this place at my whim, that id a different secret. and since we don't have that much time left, you might not figure it out. But i may tell you all before the end, since this will all be forgotten."

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-06, 08:43 AM
Just an FYI - in almost all writing, when writing is in italics, it means that the text is being thought rather than spoken. So there's really no way Atheon could have heard Bram's thoughts about fattening himself up.

skypse
2015-02-06, 08:51 AM
Kaelmourn finds himself fascinated by the woman's talent.
Generic rules and hypotheses, told in a suitable for anyone manner, left alone to be translated according to one's perception. Cheap trick, yet noone is able to escape its madness. Everything she told could depict a side of me depending on the interpretation I give it. Still, she's so good at the presentation that her presence alone magnetizes you!
He raises his head, his black eyes looking at the woman with curiosity. He does feel a certain magic aura around her and her cards but nothing threatening. After all he has been taking signals of magical powers all over the place. But there was something special about Kelsi. Her aura was weird; Divination magic? Dark arts? He couldn't tell for sure without him giving away his "scanner" powers.
So... I hope you don't mind another spectator do you? I grew tired of arguing with the child. What you did seemed much more interesting or at least intriguing. Who's telling was that? Was this supposed to be someone's future, past or present? Do you choose who's fate you will look into or is this a decision made by the cards? I've seen charlatans before and I can tell you are not one of them, or even if you were, then you are a really good one to not get caught. He smiles. Are those *points to the cards* mere tools or are they the source of your powers?

To Delkos as soon as he smells the Absinthe:
Hey can I have one of those? It smells kinda familiar and strong...

pieman2945
2015-02-06, 09:29 AM
Talior slides into the seat next to the chemist, draping an arm over Delkos' shoulders. Drink? Anyone with good booze is a friend of mine. By chance, do you have any to spare? I would greatly appreciate anything you could toss my way, if it's not too much trouble. He smiles winningly.

IZ42
2015-02-06, 09:41 AM
Chigg

Chigg's large ears swivel towards Delkos' table and he jumps off the seat, disappearing for a moment before his head pops up on the opposite side of Delkos. He sniffs for a moment and says,

"Ya got a tankard for a poor terrible thirsty goblin? That brew smells fine to me."

fanta5m1c
2015-02-06, 02:25 PM
Amrit

As the play subsided and finished, the lights brightened again, and just as he said, the drow was able to talk, funny as soon as the silence was lifted everyone could hear the drow in mid sentence, as if he was talking the whole time.

"Well that was a fantastic play, i liked the bit about the lady of the lake, very exciting. as for the drow, he seems to be as long winded as ever. also to answer your question, i to am just a pawn in this dream scape, as any of you are, but i do have a secret. This is just a dream scape that is true, but just as a higher being could lock us away in a dream, in those dreams everything is real. I once heard a story of a great dragon that sent a group into his dream to entertain him, some died. For what they encountered was not an illusion, but real. Some things here are altered. Just as i could hit the drow with glitter dust, but him not be blinded. So i belive no negative effects against each other will work, as this Architect stated. So all of this is very real. So yes investigator those cookies might make you plump, but they were good."

He laughs and then smiles again.

"As for why i can change this place at my whim, that id a different secret. and since we don't have that much time left, you might not figure it out. But i may tell you all before the end, since this will all be forgotten."

"You and I are real. Of that I have few doubts, but that is not what I speak of." He begins as he snags a dessert plate from a passing server. "If I were to eat this, surely I would enjoy the sensation and flavor, but would it do anything at all to sustain my body? What about this fine decorative table?" Amrit waved his hand over the long dinner table that most of them had found themselves seated at for emphasis. "If one of us were to smash it to splinters, would we be destroying a months work for a master cabinet maker? If it is true that this is a dream state, then to both I say I think not."

Drackstin
2015-02-06, 02:44 PM
"Even in a dream one can die, but this place i fear is a little more welcoming, we can not sustain damage in here, did you not realize its been days and yet none of use are truly hungry or tired. even in a dream the body gets tired and weak, but in here that is not the case. as for the table, you may smash it, i have summoned it from some place i knew, thinking they would not mind, for it is not mine. and just as the desk i once had was destroyed so would the table be. this place might not be a dream but more of a pocket dimension with rules the make set in place. i do not know, but the fact is, this place is very real, regardless if its a dream or not."

He looks to the goblin and the others.

"So drink till your hears content, you can not get drunk, but you can taste it all you want."

He claps his hands again, and beer maids come out of the shadows with pitchers of ale, beer, wine, and hard liquor.

omnitricks
2015-02-06, 02:45 PM
"Like I said, help yourself" Delkos said before pushing over the mug. "I don't think its too good for you take too much of this. I'm saying this from experience" he continued only letting go of the drink once he has said what he wanted to say.

Feeling the arm over his shoulder Delkos gave a sigh. "If I had a silver piece for everytime someone said that, I'd have...hmmmmm..." and made a show of counting his fingers before giving a shrug of indifference and pulling out another mug admitting "well if you were a friend of mine you'd know where to get this from" and then taking a look back at the other drow trying to place if they ever met before.

Looking at the goblin Delkos remembered about the display with the gun earlier. He was one of those that thought goblins were disgusting creatures. Disgusting but still useful which was why there was no reason to mess up a potentially profitable relationship before it begins. Delkos took another gulp from his mug before handing it over the goblin saying "you shouldn't have too much so this will have to do. So tell me little goblin, where did you get that interesting weapon of yours from?"

pieman2945
2015-02-06, 03:24 PM
He laughs and nods, leaning back and taking the mug. You make a very good point, it's true. And thanks for the warning, I am notoriously lightweight with my liquor. He takes a sip, smacking his lips and grinning. That's the stuff, did you make this? My grandfather was a brewer, died before I was born. He tried to make booze with dragons blood, and of course he had to get the blood himself. Taught me everything I know. He pauses, considering how that might work. It was through a series of carefully worded letters, given to me on each birthday. Of course, if I actually followed his advice I would have become a professional snake chef, the man loved his snakes. Died like he lived: drunk, angry and pretty often on fire.

I think.. An eighth of that is true?

IZ42
2015-02-06, 05:23 PM
Chigg

Chigg stares mildly dissapointedly at the more than half-gone mug of Absinthe for a moment before taking a swig. He pauses for a moment to consider than man's question before answering.

"I got Blastums from Sam'l, he gave it to me. 'S a shotgun."

(Remember that this shotgun is built to be used by a Human/Medium Sized Creature, not someone 3 feet tall.)

Lord Of Mantas
2015-02-06, 10:30 PM
Bram

Watching the final couple of conversations and people drinking beer, Bram finally finished his last slice of cake, the overwhelmingly sweet taste of chocolate reverberating through his mouth. Reaching toward his cup of coffee, he went to take one last drink - and then he saw it. Another paper, right underneath.

Carefully reaching for it, he grabbed it and read.

You have all done well. But it is now time for you all to go to your final places. The dream will end shortly.

See you on the other side.

Looking back toward his cup, he noticed ripples starting to propagate across the top of his coffee. Then a rumbling came - slight at first, but growing in intensity. And as it grew, an eerie orchestral piece started to play (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imamcajBEJs).

Then, chaos erupted.

All over the dome, decorative vases and random objects began to explode - not as if torn apart by a mine or by dynamite, but as if the matter itself that made them up was unraveling. Glowing white fissures crept through the walls and windows, as the thundering tones echoed throughout the chamber.

It could only mean one thing.

"It is time!"

"The dream is collapsing!"

I have been waiting DAYS to do this. :smallbiggrin:

pieman2945
2015-02-06, 10:45 PM
He looks around, semi-nervous at the unexpected chaos, and takes one last drink. He turns to the assembled people and raises his mug, giving the group a mock-salute. See you all.. Sometime! Atheon, we're still putting a shotgun on that mini invention thingy. Don't you dare forget. Wait.

Drackstin
2015-02-06, 11:03 PM
"The time has come, see you all one the other side, maybe."

He laughs as the dreams shatters around him.

Vhaidara
2015-02-06, 11:10 PM
@Collective: Should any of you somehow maintain memory of this event, regardless of what we were told, please, seek me out. And Guy, try to remember that I am a friend to your cause.

The lights in Guardian's eyes flicker out as he enters a deep trance, sending his mind to consult the Singer before he fully wakes.

RandomWombat
2015-02-06, 11:34 PM
The Beard settles his goggles over his eyes as the world around them shatters and stands to face the coming storm as his chair too comes apart. "The braids are coming apart! The twisting crocheted hairs of our collective consciousness are unraveling! The vast facecarpet flying in our eyes is peeling back! Brace yourselves!"

@Collective: May the strength of your hearts and beards hold fast. In a city where so many curiosities gather... The future of the city - perhaps the world - will be shaped in the coming days. And so long as there are whiskers upon our chins, there will always be a Beard against the cold.

IZ42
2015-02-06, 11:41 PM
Chigg

@Collective It was a pleasure to meet you again, Guardian. All of you as well, except for maybe the Drow. I hope I can remember any of you.

Chigg takes one last drink and sits back to watch the light show.

JBarca
2015-02-07, 12:01 AM
Claude nods. "Farewell, friends."

soulsabre345
2015-02-07, 02:18 AM
Kyachi, upon seeing the room start collapsing, grinned as she got up from her chair, eagerly watching the coming end. She wouldn't remember it, sure, but to see such a magical construct dissolving without risk to herself? She wouldn't miss that for the world.

"And the end of our journey has arrived. Good luck to all in all your ventures! And Drow, my light whips will have a word with you if we ever meet again."

@Collective. Indeed, it was nice meeting you all, and I hope to see you all on the other side

skypse
2015-02-07, 04:27 AM
At last! This seems more like it! Pray that I don't find out who you are you "Architect"! You and I will have a looooong talk!

Turns to Kyachi as he feels amused by the threat:
I just hope that this moment comes late in our lives because right now if we ever met, you should probably be able to kill me out of pure boredom. Creatures like you are no match for my greatness ignorrant Mortal!

To Amrit: Believe whatever you want regarding origins and Gods! But always keep an open mind kid! Don't become a fool out of your Wisdom and Knowledge! Challenge every idea until its answers cover all of your questions! If we meet again, I wanna get to know a different person for once!

To Atheon: As for you, well, it was nice watching a kid striving for attention. It was a real confidence booster! If we ever meet again and you keep up that attitude, I promise I will put you out of your miserable life as fast as I can!

He moves closer to Talior. He speaks to him in a low voice, not wanting the rest to hear:
What you saw here *points to his head* will probably leave your memory but will never leave your mind. I wish we can meet again and even if I won't remember you, I am sure you can make me trust you just like you did here. Keep your heart clean and pure as it is. This world needs good people. It was a real pleasure getting to know you.

To everyone as he elevates himself to the center of the room:
Have fun in your ventures mortals! Hopefully I'll forget most of you here but in case I don't, I'll make sure to reward your attitude towards me!

carnivoroustofu
2015-02-07, 05:27 AM
Gallan looked on from above dreamily, as though a fog cloud had wrapped around his mind. It was an odd disembodied experience, watching an assemble of characters argue and interact with each other with no heed or hint of awareness of his own existence. An odd dream ? Figments of his imagination ? Or the beginnings of madness ? Only time would tell.

Mousedigits
2015-02-07, 01:29 PM
The Kasatha (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1109829), who had entered the room when the meeting started, woke with a start. He had listened for a while, but eventually had fallen asleep. Last night had been a long night.

He looked around, wondering if anyone had seen him asleep.