PDA

View Full Version : Confound the Big Folk before level 12?

Zaq
2015-02-03, 01:57 PM
Is there a good way (outside of the DCFS) to get Confound the Big Folk (Races of the Wild) before level 12? The problem with it is that it requires Underfoot Combat as a prereq, and Underfoot Combat has the boneheaded prereq of 10 ranks in Tumble, which means you can't take it at 6th level. Since neither Underfoot Combat nor Confound the Big Folk is a Fighter bonus feat, it looks like there's no good way to get it faster than taking Underfoot Combat at 9th and Confound the Big Folk at 12th.

The only simple way I can think of to get an undifferentiated bonus feat that plays nice with these two is to take Skill Focus (Diplomacy) early on and then take Marshal 1 after you've got your 10 ranks in Tumble. Most other non-Fighter bonus feats require someone larger than Small (for Human Paragon and Half-Elf Paragon), or they require a higher level anyway (for Rogue 10). And, like I said, the DCFS would do it, but I've never met a GM who would actually allow the DCFS, so I'm just going to pretend that it's not an option. That said, I'm sure there's at least one option I'm missing, right? What else is out there?

Necroticplague
2015-02-03, 02:06 PM
A dip into Generic Warrior or Generic Expert gives you a bonus feat, so you could take a 2-level dip for 7 and 8 to pick up underfoot combat at 7, and confound the big folk at 8.

Darrin
2015-02-03, 02:12 PM
Favored/Primary Contact (Cityscape) can get you Underfoot Combat at 6th, then Confound the Big Folk at 9th. But I wouldn't recommend it unless you can retrain Favored/Primary Contact later.

Loremaster with an Int of 24 can pick up a bonus feat as a Secret.

Bloodline levels?

I thought the Other Killer Gnome used Blade Bravo's bonus feat to pick up Confound the Big Folk, but you have to pick from a restricted list.

Troacctid
2015-02-03, 02:12 PM
Human Paragon. Ardent Dilettante.

Hin Disciple substitution levels for a halfling monk give you Underfoot Combat as a bonus feat.

Any +1 LA race also allows you to take Underfoot Combat at level 6, since the skill cap is based on ECL, not hit dice.

MilesTiden
2015-02-03, 02:26 PM
Any +1 LA race also allows you to take Underfoot Combat at level 6, since the skill cap is based on ECL, not hit dice.

... What? ECL only applies for starting gold and XP values to reach the next level, not skill ranks.

Necroticplague
2015-02-03, 02:27 PM

Actually, the skill cap is based off of Character Level, not ECL.

Sewercop
2015-02-03, 02:30 PM
Human Paragon. Ardent Dilettante.

Hin Disciple substitution levels for a halfling monk give you Underfoot Combat as a bonus feat.

Quite wrong and false