PDA

View Full Version : vow of peace vs demons question

j_spencer93
2015-02-03, 06:27 PM
me and a player have a question with the feat and how it interacts with demons/devils/etc. When demons/devils are defeated on the material plane don't they just return to their home plane? so would that break the feat?

j_spencer93
2015-02-03, 06:29 PM
Wait, censure fiend of apostle of peace deals actual damage to fiends, so that breaks vow of peace...unless that feat does not include demons/devils.

Blackhawk748
2015-02-03, 06:36 PM
Wait, censure fiend of apostle of peace deals actual damage to fiends, so that breaks vow of peace...unless that feat does not include demons/devils.

Based on that ability i think we can safely say that Demons and Devils get a pass, probably because their made of Primordial Evil. Hell this probably extends to all Evil Outsiders.

j_spencer93
2015-02-03, 07:05 PM
that is what i was thinking, i found the answer to my own question, YAY lol

LTwerewolf
2015-02-03, 07:25 PM
If we're talking about RAW, they get no pass. They're living creatures, and nowhere does the feat say "except evil stuff."

Troacctid
2015-02-03, 07:30 PM
Yeah, Vow of Nonviolence only applies to humanoids and monstrous humanoids, but Vow of Peace applies to any living creature. Outsiders count as living creatures, so demons are under the purview of your vow.

Censure fiends, by the way, does not deal damage.

Crake
2015-02-03, 07:42 PM
Censure fiends, by the way, does not deal damage.

Yeah, it may seem that way, on a quick scan, but when it referrs to "Censure damage", that's like turning damage for turn undead. What it's actually for is to determine the number of HD of undead (or in this case, evil outsiders) that are censured

j_spencer93
2015-02-03, 08:18 PM
ah ok i see where i made the mistake.

j_spencer93
2015-02-03, 08:19 PM
would it destroy evil outsiders similar to undead also if HD are high enough, if so i see a problem.
sorry about the double post.
EDIT: it banishes. i am working on two other characters at the moment so sorry for the obvious misread.