PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Star AP by Arc (IC)

ArcturusV
2015-02-04, 05:09 AM
http://web.cs.dal.ca/~safatli/blog/wp-content/uploads/docks_of_valura_by_frankatt-d7lstgn.png

Welcome to Magnimar, the City of Monuments. For some of you, this place was your birthplace. The ancient stones of the Thessalonians are as familiar to you as the baker down the street's morning biscuits. For reasons varying from the death of a foster father figure, to attempts to rejuvinate your family's fortunes each of you have at least had some incidental contact with the Pathfinder Society in Magnimar, either as fledgling Pathfinders, or at least someone who has worked with them incidentally by providing information or research.

As day breaks, and breakfast is being finished up around the city each of you were delivered a sealed missive bearing the mark of Heidmarch Manor, the Pathfinder Lodge within the city.

In flowing, beautiful script the following message is penned in black ink on a course paper folded in on itself and sealed with red wax. Cracking it open you see the following message:

Greetings, fellow seeker of adventure!

I am Sheila Heidmarch, Venture Captain of the newest Pathfinder Society lodge -- and the only such lodge in Varisa at this time. You have come to my attention as someone who possesses a certain amount of skills and interests that make you an excellent addition to a highly specialized team I'm putting together for a matter of grave import, not only to the Society, but to Varisa as a whole. Please report an hour before noon to Heidmarch Manor -- you will be compensated for your visit, but that reward will pale in light of the riches that await you should we come to an agreement on my proposition to you. I look forward to meeting you soon!

- Shiela Heidmarch

The Pathfinder Lodge can be found near the easternmost gate of the city. Surrounded by stone walls, the gates none the less are open all day long, and the Manor has had a reputation as being open to visitors even before it became a Pathfinder Lodge. You have a couple of hours until your appointed time, enough to perhaps do some shopping or preparation work if you wished.

As each of you eventually arrive to the manor you're asked to wait in the Foyer, informed by an attendant that Shiela Heidmarch is currently in the middle of a meeting but will be with you shortly.

ProudGrognard
2015-02-04, 08:03 AM
Kadmus

Kadmus finishes his lunch in the small tavern he has booked lodging. There have been three days now that he has been waiting for that invitation. Hastily, he finishes his plate, hastily tides up his books and goes to wash and refresh. He then changes to the more formal vest of his Order. He must make a good impression. So many things depend on it.

As he steps up, he let 's out a curse and rushes back in, rubbing lotion on his skin. Not good, to appear sunburned at the meeting. Still not used to it, though. Making his way to the meeting point, he takes care to pass under the tallest buildings he can find. The open sky is still a bit strange to him.

Finally, there he is, sitting in a chair, his usual fidgety self. How many times he has been chastised for his nervous energy - 'Stop acting like a gnome!"- he has lost count. But noone ever doubted his worth.

Yet.

Let 's see how this goes. Nice stone foundations on this house, by the way.

Vhaidara
2015-02-04, 10:30 AM
Maleon awakened in his room at the inn. The Society had told him to take a day or two to get to know the city before they would call on him, but it had grated. Finally his chance to begin repaying them was at hand.

He quickly wolfed down the last of his food and hurried to Heidmarch Manor, with more of a spring in his step than he'd had in the past three days. When he got there, he saw a dwarf was already there, waiting.
Hey, I'm Maleon. What's your name?
The flame-haired planetouched seems to be practically bouncing on his feat. He doesn't even bother sitting down, just patrols the room.

BramsesII
2015-02-04, 02:29 PM
Sidwe

The wizard carefully reads the missive as she calmly stirs her tea. Finally, a real mission as a Pathfinder, she thinks to herself. This will be my big break. Now, I can finally start earning my place in the family. After finishing breakfast, she carefully folds the missive and tucks it away in one of her pockets. Then, she gathers whatever she feels may be useful on the expedition that would undoubtedly follow and, after putting on a fresh jacket and her signature black beret, leaves home together with Eiki to make their way to Heidmarch Manor.

On her way there, she considers the possible allies she may be teamed up with. After all, the Pathfinders would not send her on an important and likely dangerous mission on her own. Plus, the missive mentioned a team that was being put together. It'll depend on the mission. Since my skills are deemed useful, it stands to reason that it is not simply a fighting mission. No, it'll be more than that. Possibly intelligence gathering? My magic would be useful there. A quick glance at her monkey draws her back into the real world. The creature is nibbling on one of the buttons on her jacket.

"Hey! Bad Eiki. No eating my clothes." She snags the part of her jacket away from him, and the monkey climbs over her head to her left shoulder where it is content in scratching its own behind. Sidwe then realizes she has already arrived at the manor. Hm... Closer by than I thought. Well, whoever my team members are, I hope they'll be friendly, she thinks to herself as she knocks on the door.

Arriving in the foyer, Sidwe sees two people already there. The first person to catch her eye is the nearly bouncing man. He seems nervous. Looks young, too. I wonder what skills her possesses to have been invited to join us. When she walks up to him to introduce herself, she notices the dwarf in the chair behind him. A dwarf. Interesting. Hammer, armor. Most likely the muscle. Or something more? Hmm. She offers Maleon a curt nod as she steps up and offer him a hand to shake. "Greetings. I am Sidwe of the Valdemar family." She offers the dwarf a hand to shake as well. "I assume you're here on invitation of Sheila Heidmarch as well?" She moves to sit down next to the dwarf while Eiki leaps off of her shoulder to sit next to her chair. She hands the monkey a small scrap of meat to nibble on while she looks at the two other adventurers. "I wonder what mission we are being offered to embark on."

Smileybastard
2015-02-04, 06:56 PM
Pannar

When Pannar received the note, he was far more excited than he anticipated. He never had any doubts a mission would come, but now that it has ...

Pannar arrived at the location just as Sidwe introduced herself. He bows deeply and takes the wizards hand and kisses it lightly. "I am Pannar Hathok a humble academician from Absalom and yes I am here at the invitation of Shiela Heidmarch."

Phasm
2015-02-04, 08:43 PM
Caterina grins as she reads the message from the Heidmarches. Finally, a mission, and it sounds like an important one! The paladin gives her armor a quick buffing before she leaves the tiny inn room she rented after the falling out with Gradon Scarnetti, and adds the embroidered tabard that her sister Serafina made for her; you only get to make a first impression once. Armed and armored, she marches out toward the Pathfinder Lodge.

The door opens to admit a dark-haired woman in gleaming silver and white, the hilt of a greatsword poking up over her shoulder and a warhammer hanging at her side. "Good day, everyone! I am Caterina Scarnetti, paladin of Iomedae." She smiles at the motley group assembled. "Are you here for the Heidmarches' mysterious mission as well?"

Smileybastard
2015-02-04, 09:03 PM
Pannar

Pannar turns to Caterina and hesitates only slightly. He bows with a dramatic swing of his arms. "Welcome. Pannar Hathok at your service. I do beleive we are all here for that very reason."

Vhaidara
2015-02-04, 11:45 PM
Maleon looks up, still pacing. He stops only briefly to shake Sidwe's hand.
I'm Maleon. The Society sent me here to lend a hand. Weird city, ain't it?
He glances up as the next two arrivals make an appearance.
So, a dwarf, an academic, a paladin, a mage, and a pyromancer. Even by Pathfinder standards, this seems like an unusual group.

BramsesII
2015-02-05, 02:10 PM
Sidwe

Pannar's greeting causes Sidwe to grin slightly. Well, at least he knows how to properly greet someone of social standing. Didn't think they'd teach that in Absalom. She is about to respond when Caterina strides confidently through the door, causing Sidwe to finally gain some confidence in her potential companions - Well well well, a real warrior, that just might... - until Caterina introduces herself. Scarnetti . . . With great effort she manages not to immediately look disgusted at the entrance of - of all people - an accursed Scarnetti.

To calm herself a bit, she pets Eiki's head. The monkey looks up at her annoyedly; it was just enjoying the nice treat. Sidwe then turns to Maleon, speaking in a bitter, sarcastic tone. "I couldn't agree more, sir Maleon. My birthplace - and therefore all it's inhabitants - is decidely very strange indeed." She addresses the others in the room, looking at each of them in turn as she addresses them. "Well then, master dwarf whatever your name is... sir Maleon... lady Scarnetti... sir Pannar..." When her gaze passes over Caterina, her eyes narrow. She nearly hisses as she speaks the paladin's family name.

"For those who haven't heard yet: I am Sidwe. Of the house Valdemar." She looks down at Eiki and the monkey looks up from his snack at Sidwe. "This is Eiki. And yes, I am indeed a mage. I don't think the group is that weird by Pathfinder standards, though." She folds her arms accross her chest and leans back in her chair. "Still, I am mainly interested in hearing what lady Heidmarch has to say. I do hope they don't keep us waiting for too long."

Vhaidara
2015-02-05, 02:26 PM
Maleon seems taken aback.
I didn't mean it in a rude way! I'm from Ustalav, near the Worldwound. Things don't get much weirder than there.

BramsesII
2015-02-05, 03:47 PM
Sidwe

Noticing Maleon's suddenly defensive tone, Sidwe realizes that her response was perhaps a bit too sarcastic. A small but friendly smile forms on her face as she addresses him. "Some advice: first impressions are important. Try not to offend people with the very first thing you say to them." She rubs the bridge of her nose with her right index finger, realizing that that was completely the wrong comment to defuse the situation with. "I can see your point, though. Magnimar can indeed be a weird place, especially for those who didn't grow up there. Weirdest of all are the stuck-up snobby wizards who think they're better than everyone else, always offering unsolicited advice." She lets out a slight, nervous laugh, hoping that Maleon would understand a little self-deprecation.

After all, it'd be bad to get off on the wrong foot with what seemed to be one of the only two friendly members of the expedition. She decides to ask a few friendly questions, trying to get a friendly conversation going. "Ustalav, you say? I have never seen it. What's it like?"

Vhaidara
2015-02-05, 04:09 PM
Maleon chuckles, glad that the tension had been defused.
To be honest? Pretty terrifying. I grew up near the Worldwound. I'm told that my father wasn't strictly speaking from this world. And there's just something about me-
He gestures towards his flaming hair.
tells me that there is some truth to that.

Just a clarification, "flaming hair" is not a figure of speech with this ifrit :smalltongue:

ArcturusV
2015-02-06, 01:41 AM
As you all chat and pass the time, eventually a door opens further inside the manor, and heading into the Foyer are two figures. One is the Venture Captain of the lodge herself, the striking figure of Sheila Heidmarch in her fanciful but functional looking dress. She gave a slight nod to each of you as she entered.

Behind her was a red headed female of obvious elven lineage, though perhaps not a full blooded elf, with some faint facial tattoos over her brow and on her left cheek. Dressed in leather armor and with hair swept back beneath a brown bandana, she carried herself with the air of an experienced fighter, with a Redwood and Mithral hooked club hanging at her belt, and a bastard sword sheathed over her left shoulder.

Sheila speaks in a deep, strong tone, all business, few pleasantries, "Welcome, thank you for answering my message. This is Koriah," she gestured to the redhead that had been walking with her, "and for those of you who haven't met me before, I am Sheila Heidmarch."

"Sorry for the delay, Koriah has just returned from the an expedition to the Darklands, scouting out new routes from the Fogscar Mountains to Nar-Voth, and along the way has uncovered a surprising number of Thassalonian artifacts. I'm sorry to keep you waiting but there is a little bit more that I must discus with her."

Sheila seems to pause, as if lost in thought for a moment, "... actually... if you can come with me..." she says, already starting to head off to a room further just a bit further inside the Pathfinder Lodge. She opens a nearby door and gestures for you to all come in, entering with Koriah behind the last of you.

The small chamber is the lodge Library and Study. The walls lined in bookshelves filled with a variety of tomes from brass bound creations that looked like they weighed a ton to thin hide bound manuscripts. Several tables in the middle of the room are heaped with scrolls and books. One table in the center however supports only a single object, an ornate cubical dark grey stone coffer about one and a half feet by one and a half feet by one foot, covered in Thassilonian runes.

Phasm
2015-02-06, 01:54 AM
Before Caterina can formulate a reply to Sidwe's venom, Sheila breaks up the conversation. Caterina nods politely to her and Koriah, then follows the lodgemistress into the library. So many books! The paladin has never been one to read for pleasure- reading is more a matter of necessity for her- but even she can admit that the Heidmarch collection is impressive.

More impressive is the obvious Thassilonian artifact sitting in the middle of the room. "What is it?" Caterina reaches up to touch the silver holy symbol at her neck and concentrates briefly to see if the ancient wizards have left an evil aura on the coffer. Then she looks around at the other occupants of the room; might as well take this opportunity to see if she'll be breaking her oath as a paladin by adventuring with these people.

ArcturusV
2015-02-06, 03:10 AM
The Box didn't have any particular aura that Caterina could detect with her Evil-dar.

In response to the Paladin Sheila said, "This stone coffer is an ancient Thassilonian puzzle, a cunning feat of magical engineering known as a Paradox Box. As you'll see from even a casual investigation, what appears to be seams on the sides are only shallow grooves, there's no obvious way to open the thing. Each Paradox Box has its own secret method of being opened. Essentially, a Paradox Box substitutes hidden catches and magical triggers for a lock. Given time, anyone clever enough could figure out how to open a paradox box, just as given time, a locksmith can open any lock. This particular box was among the items recovered by Koriah, the scrolls next to the box are her preliminary notes on possible triggers or methods of opening it, but she hasn't had a chance to properly sit down and investigate the thing."

"... so... why don't you put your heads together and see if you can't do that for me? Even if the box is empty, as I suspect it probably is, knowing the method of opening it makes it a valuable find anyway."

"I need to conclude my business with Pathfinder Azmeren. I'll be back shortly, and I hope to see that box open! Think of this as an audition, if you will, because the actual task I want to speak to you about soon will require as much wit as brawn!"

That said, she continued on through the library, exiting through a door on the far side with Karliah right behind her, shutting the heavy door behind them as they left you to the Paradox Box.

BramsesII
2015-02-06, 03:51 AM
Sidwe

Sidwe inclines her head slightly when Sheila walks in. She's relieved to finally get to hear what's going on. With Eiki on her shoulder again she follows the group into the room with the box. When it becomes clear that there will be no answers yet, just puzzles, she lets out a slight sigh.

When Sheila leaves the room, Sidwe looks at the others. "Well then. Has anyone ever heard of something like this?" She picks up the notes as she says so and begins to read.

Checks!
Knowledge (Arcana) [roll0]
Appraise [roll1]

And if there is nothing in the notes warning us not to use magic:

Casting Detect Magic

If it's magical: Another Knowledge (Arcana) to determine the aura. [roll2]
Followed by: Spellcraft to identify the item: [roll3]

ArcturusV
2015-02-06, 04:19 AM
As you read through Koriah's information you pick up the following facts/theories that the Pathfinder has surmised about the Paradox Box:

It includes a translation of most of the significant runes on the box, the one that comes up the most is a Thassilonian marking for "Wrath", which Koriah believes is associated with Evocation magic, and in the earliest days of Thassilonia with the word "Kindness". Her notes surmise that these runes merely marks the box as having once belonged to a citizen of the Thassilonian nation of Bakrakhan, and probably has little to do with opening the Paradox Box.

It also remarks that 5 of the box faces seem to be identical, and the sixth has several additional runes. Translated they spell out the word "CRUEL". These runes are most likely related to the mystery of the box's opening. Also the runes seem to be able to be reorganized by touching two runes at once. Doing so causes the Runes to switch places for one hour, before reverting to their original position.

Appraise: You're dubious of the actual value of this box. While Sheila seemed interested the craftsmanship doesn't seem that exceptional to your eye, clearly not the work of a master artisan nor the sort of item that is likely to carry any sort of significance. You'd estimate that maybe you'd get about 1,000 GP out of it, if you could find a someone who was a real collector of Thassilonian Artifacts, and doubt that it'd have any actual significance. Probably was the equivalent of some brat's ancient toy chest.

Knowledge (Arcana): If it is magic'd, it's a bit more cleverly done than you can actually identify with just a casual examination and mere academic knowledge, it definitely doesn't give off the signs of crude magical workmanship you'd expect out of a lower level apprentice that would make it clearly obvious. Granted, it IS Thassilonian by the admission of everyone so it's hard to tell, they did like to weave their magic into, well... everything. You have an inkling that combined with the notes of Kariah that clearly the box must have some sort of Transmutation effect relating to the runes and possibly the locking mechanism of the box, you just don't recognize the spells or effects in particular being used.

As you go and do the Sight Beyond Sight and examine the box your suspicions are confirmed. There IS magic involved, a Moderate Aura, two of them in fact. Though attempts to identify the auras are inconclusive at this time, and trying to pierce the veil to determine the exact nature of the item itself similarly is foiled.

BramsesII
2015-02-06, 05:45 AM
Sidwe

The wizard rubs her chin as she scans the object. She tries her hardest to examine the aura but cannot seem to identify it. A small sigh escapes her lips. "Well then, that didn't work as I'd hoped. It would seem we need to do something with these runes."

She takes some time to explain everything she's read and knows to the others, then turns to Pannar. "What do you make of this?" she says, as she rearranges the runes to spell out LUCRE.

Smileybastard
2015-02-06, 09:31 AM
Pannar

Pannar's eye open at the mention of "a surprising number of Thassalonian artifacts". This is just what he was seeking.

After entering the study he does a slow sweep of the room taking in all he can see. So many books.

After the request is made Pannar walks over and begins to examine the box.

Perception to look for traps [roll0] +1 for trap finding
Disable device to disable any found traps [roll1] +1 for trap finding -2 for no tools.
Disable device to open the box [roll2]+1 for trap finding -2 for no tools.
Linguistics to have a clue what the writing is about [roll3] + [roll4] inspiration
Knowledge(History)to figure out any potential historical clues [roll5] + [roll6] inspiration
Knowledge(Religion)to figure out any potential religious clues [roll7] + [roll8] inspiration
Knowledge(Arcana)to figure out any potential magical clues [roll9] + [roll10] inspiration

Vhaidara
2015-02-06, 11:39 AM
Maleon tries to think back over what Jemelin had taught him about magic things. He pulls out a tindertwig from his bag, and begins tapping it against his leg, considering what would happen if he exposed the bow to flames. After all, that would be cruel, wouldn't it?

UMD: [roll0]
And, while it isn't official, I would say that, should a specific school of magic be involved, Kinesis should fall under Evocation

ProudGrognard
2015-02-07, 12:38 AM
Kadmus

Kadmus seems to rise from his stone like immobility when the others enter the room. He looks at them, rather penetratingly, as they enter. At the end, he puts out his pipe and speaks.

"I am Kadmus. I am of the Guth Kharaz of the Five Kings Order."

A few seconds later, as if realizing that others may not know Dwarvish, he adds.

"A Stone Speaker. A Warden of the Deeps".

But his attempt at polite conversation is interrupted before he has a time to explain why he is here. Mention of Thessalonian artifacts, seems to make his eyebrows rise.

A new Thessalonian Artifact! Mother of Stone!

He quickly goes near it to examine it. He also throws his gaze Across, searching for Geotaoic connections.

History [toll]1d20+7[/roll] +2 if it relates to Dwarves. Also, Detect Magic.

OK, I am sorry for this. I was not getting notifications on this thread!
Kadmus has changed appearance and history, slightly. He is now older and much more stone like.
Also, are prescribed scrolls allowed, dear DM? This final thing is left for Kadmus to be complete.

Phasm
2015-02-07, 02:22 AM
"Well, there's no aura of evil on it." Caterina bends over to examine the runes, frowning slightly as she reviews her lessons in the Temple of Iomedae. Not only did they teach her about various religions, the priests also taught her planar lore since paladins of Iomedae are expected to fight in the Worldwound.

Since Caterina has the Forbidden Knowledge trait, she can substitute a Knowledge: religion check for Knowledge: planes.

Knowledge: religion: [roll0]

ArcturusV
2015-02-09, 10:10 PM
As you all study, fiddle with, and try to interact with the box there doesn't seem to be much happening. Most legends, lore, and history that you could think up about Paradox Boxes was... not entirely helpful. Most stories did stress that the experiences of any one box was individual to one. Other than the idea that there were Command Words or Puzzles to unlock them (And the command words almost always lost to time), it didn't provide a helpful hint to this particular box.

Pannar does in fact notice some faint markings along the Groove where the "lid" of the box might have been, if it was in fact a lid. It seemed familiar, a sort of magical warding of some type designed to prevent tampering. He tries to disassemble the ward, just to be careful of course.

In the end, it is Sidwe's work that seems to pay off, as she rearranges the runes and there is a flash that comes from the markings. Reading the notes, always a good idea apparently, go Scholarly Scholarness Lessons! The box "lid" finally opened up, and with it a bright flash of light and the peel of high pitched laughter at the edge of madness.

From that light two Tiny creatures that looked a little like bipedal lap dogs cackling like mad as they... ignored the various Pathfinders and would be Pathfinders. One had leaped up and was hanging from a bookcase, dagger out and slashing at the books there. The other was scrambling over the table with the Paradox box, tearing up Koriah's notes and nibbling on them as it scrambled about looking for the next place to run.

Yes, Pannar failed the DC of the Trap.

Creatures have an Unluck Aura (Room is small enough that everywhere inside it is within the aura's range), anytime you roll a d20, roll twice and take the worst.

They don't seem interested in attacking you at the moment.

Thing 1 Initiative: [roll0]
Thing 2 Initiative: [roll1]

Vhaidara
2015-02-09, 10:37 PM
Maleon cries out as the little beasts emerge
Ma'am, there was something in the box! And they're wrecking your study!
He conjures up a blast of fire, but thinks twice about it. That would be a bad plan here. Too many things that would burn before he could control the fire. It would be like the forest all over again. So he takes up the metal pole that serves as his staff and swats at the nearest creature.

Move and swing.
Attack: [roll0]
Attack Reroll: [roll1]
Crit Confirm (yeah right): [roll2]
Crit Confirm Reroll: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Crit Damage: [roll5]

Arc, I can make a map for you like I did for Angstrom in CotCT. If you want me to, just PM me an e-mail so I can give you editing powers.

ArcturusV
2015-02-09, 11:34 PM
Maleon seems to slip on a scroll that had fallen underfoot during the chaos of the trap. As such when Maleon swung hard, instead of hitting the creature on the book shelf, instead the staff slammed into one of the shelves, cracking it and spilling some books out onto the floor in a pile while the little creature yips and seems to laugh at Maleon.

Missed due to the Unluck Aura.

And thanks for the offer, will take it up later, this fight is just simple and short enough that the terrain/locations don't matter, room is small, doesn't even come with a map in the AP.

Phasm
2015-02-10, 01:54 AM
Caterina draws her warhammer; it's for times like these (and for cracking skeleton skulls) that she carries a smaller weapon than her favored greatsword. In close quarters with fragile items around, using a two-handed weapon is not a good idea. The paladin mutters a quick prayer to her patron and swings at the nearest imp-thing.

Draw warhammer and smack nearest imp.

Reroll: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]
Reroll: [roll3]

ProudGrognard
2015-02-10, 03:57 AM
Kadmus

Kadmus jumps back surprised when the lid opens and the impish creatures pop out. Something went wrong. And his powers are not suited to fighting in rooms!

Quickly, he starts speaking in Terran and a blob of acid coalesces in his hands. He sends it flying to the nearest creature.

Acid Dart ranged touch [roll0] and [roll1] dmg [roll2]

EDIT: Bittersweet victory...

Smileybastard
2015-02-10, 07:32 AM
Pannar

Pannar is startled and intrigued by both the boses opening and the two creatures. He watched them in a stunned silence for a moment and then realizes they must be stopped. He draws his bow and carefully observes the creatures to see what he can tell about them.

Perception 1 [roll0]
Perception 2 [roll1]
~15

Knowledge(Arcane) 1 [roll2] to learn about these creatures and their weaknesses.
Knowledge(Arcane) 2 [roll3]
plus [roll4] inspiration
~22

Knowledge(Dungeoneering) 1 [roll5] to learn about these creatures and their weaknesses.
Knowledge(Dungeoneering) 2 [roll6]
plus [roll7] inspiration
~32

Knowledge(Religion) 1 [roll8] to learn about these creatures and their weaknesses.
Knowledge(Religion) 2 [roll9]
plus [roll10] inspiration
~16

BramsesII
2015-02-10, 02:25 PM
Sidwe

Sidwe absentmindedly manages to slide the runes into the correct order, then leaps back when the two creatures come skittering out. "Yeek!" she yelps, but in an instant she manages to collect her wits and she tries to recall if she has ever seen anything like these creatures before. Once she has an idea what they're dealing with, she takes another step back and brings to mind a spell she'd prepared this morning. She pulls a small stick of butter from her spell component pouch while speaking an incantation, then lobs it at the creature attacking the bookcase. The butter explodes into a slippery layer of grease, covering the entire bookcase.

Not sure which knowledge to roll, so if you don't mind I'll roll twice and you can pick the appropriate knowledge check. They all have a +8 modifier anyway.
Knowledge (Arcana, Dungeoneering, Nature, Planes or Religion): [roll0][roll1]
Move action to move away from the creatures
Standard action to cast grease (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/g/grease) on the bookcase (1 minute, DC=15)

Not sure if I should roll initiative, so I shall do so just in case. [roll2][roll3]

Realizing that they're dealing with fey creatures, she speaks in a clear voice. "They're fey. Slight resistance to spells. Vulnerable to cold iron. Careful!"

ArcturusV
2015-02-10, 05:25 PM
Caterina takes out her big hammer, and swinging at the Imp on the table just happened to suffer a mishap which resulted in the hammer almost flying free from her hand. While she was able to keep a hold on it, I'm not that cruel, it did send the Warhammer off target from the gibbering little beastie and slamming it into a model of the World that cracked open the thin wood and paper it was made of, leaving a giant hole in the side of the model where the Worldwound normally was located.

Kadmus however is far luckier, no strange mishaps happening to him as he calls down the pain of the Earth, slamming an Acid Dart into the face of the critter that Caterina had missed Smiting, ending its laughter in a moment of sputtering and flailing as its skin started to burn from the caustic goop, looking pained and annoyed, clearly hurt, but not exactly dead.

Sidwe Meanwhile casts some Grease on the bookshelf before Maleon went for his swing at the critter on it, which actually helps explain the unluck even better as a bit of grease could be responsible for his slip and could have loosened the fastenings on the shelf. The critter struggled to hold onto the book shelf, though there was no telling if it would be able to or not...

Kadmus's Target was "Thing 2" and has taken a face full of Acid. Maleon and Caterina have both suffered Mishaps.

Thing 1 needs to make a Reflex Save against Grease: [roll0].

Round 1, over. Round 2, beginning next post. Thing 1 and Thing 2 have both, due to the curse, won Initiative over everyone who actually rolled it. And after this post so I can see the results of the Saving Throw, they'll go.

ArcturusV
2015-02-10, 05:41 PM
The snide, slimey barking laughter of Thing 1 is interrupted when his handhold on the bookshelf suddenly turns to Greasey slick goop. His little hands and feet claw at the air cartoonishly as he falls free from the shelving, landing with a thud at the feet of Maleon. It tried to stand up before Maleon, brandishing its little dagger like the creature was some Swashbuckling hero in a mockery of a fencer's stance, one arm held out towards him, the other high up and behind his head, barking out something.

As you actually speak Undercommon you can make out its barking noises as a heavily accented, "Avast ye large oaf, have at thee! HA HA HA HA HA!"

Thing 1 Takes the Total Defense Action for +4 Dodge Bonus to AC. Then stands up provoking an AoO from Maleon if he wants to take it.

Thing 2 meanwhile is looking a bit less jovial. Acid to the face tends to do that. Hopping from the globe to the back of a chair, and trying to front flip off the chair and past the Paladin to get to the Druid who had burned him, brandishing his little knife. If he somehow managed to get past the Paladin, he'd go to shank the Dwarf's kneecaps, since that was about all he could reach.

Thing 2 tries to Acrobatics past the Paladin: [roll0] vs the Paladin's CMD of 16. Fail and provokes an AoO from the Paladin, and the knife attack is against Catarina instead. Pass and will be Shanking a Kadmus instead.

Attack: [roll1] vs either Catarina's AC of 18, or Kadmus's AC of 18.
Damage: It's 1 no matter what because just the only thing the dice can do.

Phasm
2015-02-10, 07:09 PM
"For the Inheritor!" Caterina swings her hammer at the creature trying to sneak by her. Its dagger slips past her armor and defenses, but the blade is tiny; barely more than a scratch. Blood starts to trickle from the side of her right calf right next to the greave.

ArcturusV
2015-02-10, 07:57 PM
Thing 2 let out a loud yelp as its Acid Wound was compounded with a big Hammer Golf swing that took it clean off its feet and sent it tumbling end over end under the table and out the other side before the magic that had conjured it forth sent it back to whatever twisted realm that it went to. Which of course prevented the knife strike from ever happening so Caterina wasn't actually bleeding at all.

Thing 2 is down and out of the world on the AoO.

Edit: Maleon's big swing of his staff on the Attack of Opportunity clean missed Thing 1 as he stood up, slamming into his own left shin which made him bounce back on one foot, nursing the sting. He slammed into a table which knocked over a candle holder, spilling wax and singing some papers that were out on a table though not starting an actual fire.

Vhaidara
2015-02-10, 08:09 PM
Maleon quickly reacts to the falling fire, pulling it into the air and away from the documents. He is cursing the whole time.

Fire Sculptor to move the fire from the candle away from anything flammable.

ProudGrognard
2015-02-11, 01:11 AM
Kadmus

Despite the madness that has erupted in the room, Kadmus has not focused on the enemy. Once more, he chants in Terran, bringing forth a glob of acid, which he sends at the last remaining thing. His speaking of Undercommon makes him take better notice of what this could be.

Again Acid Dart ranged touch [roll0] reroll [roll1] [roll2]
Knowledge Nature/Dungeoneering, whichever is more appropriate [roll3]

By the way, do these domain powers use Wisdom instead of Dexterity? And also, Arcturus, I would like your opinion on pre- scribed scrolls, since Kadmus has some gold left.

BramsesII
2015-02-11, 04:22 PM
Sidwe

The wizard feels relieved as her allies manage to dispatch the first creature. Unfortunately, the second critter is still alive. Realizing that she's out of spells that can hurt it without hurting her companions, she reaches for her crossbow and plucks a bolt out of her quiver, readying her weapon so she can at least defend herself should the creature decide to attack her. She takes a step backwards and takes aim...

5 ft step away from the creature if there's still room
Move action to draw crossbow
Move action to load crossbow

Smileybastard
2015-02-11, 08:09 PM
Pannar

Pannar fires at the remaining creature with his bow.

Attack [roll0]
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Phasm
2015-02-12, 12:41 AM
Caterina grins as her hammer sends one of the imp-things sailing into a wall. She frowns when it vanishes into a puff of smoke, though. It will not look good for us when our hostess returns to find her study ruined and no sign of any enemies! Well, hopefully the sworn word of a paladin will be enough. From the creatures' earlier actions, the study is going to be wrecked even if they leave the imps alone. Mind made up, she takes a swing at the surviving creature.

If she needs to move, she will.

ArcturusV
2015-02-14, 02:27 PM
Maleon manages to catch the flames, pulling them away after his misstep in order to prevent any damage from occurring to the Study.

Kadmus's Acid Dart LOOKS to be on target most of the way until a book falls from the shelf that Maleon's swing had damaged earlier, fluttering through the air and hitting the Acid Bolt for a Midair Interception, a copy of "Sand, Djinni, and Undead, A Pathfinder's Tales in Wati" taking a full on Acid Bolt and chewing through the expensive and artistic looking bindings.

Kadmus recognizes that these are a particular type of Gremlin called Pugwampis who are known for causing ill fortune and taking pleasure in the bad luck of others. They have a supernatural aura of bad luck which anything but Gremlins, Gnolls, and Animals are effected by... well that and anyone who has the power of Good Fortune by their side, as a Luck Bonus will cancel the effects of their Unluck Aura.

Pannar's shot has some shakey aim, and ricocheting off the top of a chair the arrow eventually finds its place piercing the cover of another book, this one on the variety of species of Varisian Apples, all while the little Thing is cackling uproariously at the antics of its supposed slayers, almost threatening to double over and fall prone again. Some people are just easily amused it seems.

Only to be compounded as Caterina comes in with her Warhammer, taking a swing at her only to have the hammer get caught on the backswing in the legs of a chair, the violence of her swing knocking the chair across the room and throwing off her aim as the hammer sails right over the the laughing head of the fey by a couple of inches. The Fey sticks her tongue out at her and makes a little face as he hops up and down mocking her Paladiny Holy Fervor with ape like motions.

(( Round Over, Round 3 Starts ))

The Fey creature, seeing that Maleon and the Paladin were right in its face and mindful that the Paladin smote the crap out of its compatriot just a bit ago, decides to scramble out of there, using a Withdraw action to run away from the confrontation and towards the far more harmless looking Pennar as it scrambles out from under a table up towards the man, brandishing its dagger and chuckling in its strange tongue.

Room is small enough anyone can pretty much get anywhere. So yeah, he's in range of any move and smite. However... ICily that sort of thing still kind of made sense for him. No longer in Total Defense Action so his AC drops back to normal.

Smileybastard
2015-02-14, 02:39 PM
Pannar

Seeing the creature come flying at him, Pannar's eyes open wide, he drops his bow and does his best to grab the creature.

Grapple manuver [roll0]

Vhaidara
2015-02-14, 03:03 PM
Maleon just focuses on keeping the fire away from anything that could catch. After all, his attempts to help had just resulted in disaster.

ProudGrognard
2015-02-14, 03:05 PM
Kadmus
AC 18 HP 10

Kadmus steady stream of dwarven muttering -with several words smacking of profanity- has steadily increased. Identifying the creatures did nothing to stop it.

"These are Gremlins. Pugwampis, you call them. If someone can call on Desna 's gifts, now would be the time!"

Powerless to do much else, Kadmus once again summons a glob of acidic minerals, and sends them towards the last gremlin.

Ranged touch [roll0] and [roll1] dmg [roll2]

Phasm
2015-02-14, 03:15 PM
Unfortunately, Iomedae doesn't do gifts of good luck. Paladins are supposed to make their own luck through righteousness and clean living. Caterina grits her teeth (swearing is unpaladinlike) and swings once more at the cackling gremlin, trying not to think about the destruction they're inflicting on another person's property.

Swing batta batta!

BramsesII
2015-02-15, 06:02 AM
Sidwe

Sidwe is about to shoot a bolt when the creature suddenly scrambles away from its position towards Pannar. With slightly shaky hands, she lets fly, hoping that luck will favor her this time around.

Standard action to attack:

Attack 1 (Going to assume I'm firing into melee, giving me a -4): [roll0][roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2]

Move action to reload crossbow

Immediately, she loads another bolt onto her crossbow in case she needs to fire off another shot.

ArcturusV
2015-02-16, 10:28 PM
As Pannar lunges for the Pugwampi it nimbly evades the investigator, aided by the fact that Pannar smacked his elbow pretty hard into the edge of a table in the attempt. No real damage but you can hear the "Crash" as something behind you fell with the impact, a porcelain statuette breaking into several large pieces. Not that it was particularly valuable looking, kind of chintzy and cheap, looked like one of the Varisian Native woman and seemed to be used as a paper weight.

And Caterina's hammer is once again hampered by the tight quarters, the gremlin dodging a little, and attempts to overcorrect the swing bringing it down onto one of the chairs which cracked with the impact, though didn't break apart.

While Kadmus's Acid Dart does fly true this time, smacking into the Pugwampi who let out a warbling yelp as the goop ate away at the gremlin, seeming to melt away the laughing little Fey as his body started to disappear, banished back to whatever hole the spells had conjured him from.

The place looked... well... like a raucous fight had taken place in it. Things busted up, acid'd, broken, knocked over, spilled around. The Paradox Box was open however, and there was a sense of dead quiet following the fading of the last Pugwampi.

For the fight, everyone gets 400 XP. 900 to go for that crucial level up ding.

You got about 10 seconds before the noise of the fight brings in Sheila, so do what you want but just keep in mind it's 10 seconds. So... don't go overboard on the allotted time. Scramble hard if you want or come up with a quick "It's all Maleon's Fault!" or something, I dunno.

Vhaidara
2015-02-16, 10:30 PM
Maleon moves to straighten the candle and, once he is sure that it is stable, replaces the flame atop it.

Phasm
2015-02-16, 11:42 PM
Caterina looks around for more foes; seeing none, she sighs and slips her hammer back into its belt loop. "I hope whatever is in that box is worth it. Paying for the damages here is going to take quite some time with my current budget." Or, more precisely, her lack thereof. The whole point of coming here was to earn money. At least there are four other people to split the cost with.

Stepping over to the box, the paladin takes a look inside.

Smileybastard
2015-02-17, 12:13 AM
Pannar

Pannar picks up his bow and pulls the arrow out of the book and then heads over to the box to look.

ArcturusV
2015-02-17, 12:14 AM
As you peer inside the Paradox Box you find that it is mostly empty. No great trove of ancient treasures. Just three reddish gemstones, a dagger which shines with a silvery sheen, and a small golden ring which is stylized to look like a pair of wings wrapping around the finger that wears it.

ProudGrognard
2015-02-17, 12:27 AM
Kadmus

Kadmus looks around the room. It would be hard to tidy things up now. A dwarven home would both have to offer apologies because the guests were attacked in his hearth and accept amends because his home was attacked. How do humans do it?

No help about it now. Better to do the original job and explain things. Moving closer, Kadmus sees the objects and starts to examine them.

Detect magic and History [roll0] +2 if they relate to dwarves.
Spellcraft [roll1]
Perception [roll2]

BramsesII
2015-02-17, 05:08 AM
Sidwe

When the fighting is over, Sidwe dismisses the grease that had coated the bookshelf. Then, she joins the others near the box. She shakes her head as she puts her crossbow back where it belongs.

"Well then. Can't say I expected that to happen. Anything interesting about whatever is inside, master dwarf? When you're finished, I'd like to take a look as well."

Rolls if Kadmus allows her to look
Casting Detect Magic
Appraise: [roll0]
Spellcraft: [roll1]
Knowledges:
Arcana: [roll2]
Dungeoneering: [roll3]
Nature: [roll4]
Planes: [roll5]
Religion: [roll6]

ArcturusV
2015-02-17, 03:31 PM
You find that the ring does in fact light up in your Detect Magic Eyes. You find that it is a Ring of Feather Fall. Though beyond that nothing in the box gives you any vital clues, the items too generic seeming, too old, or just too isolated to really scream out anything to you.

As you all examine the box, well, and Maleon tidies up a bit, the door to the far side of the Library, where Sheila and Koriah had gone bursts open, the Venture-Captain with her staff out, and Koriah with her wooden club in hand, storming inside a few steps before they stop cold in their tracks, seeing whatever commotion drew them in here originally was now over. Koriah just smiled and shook her head as she put her weapon back on her belt, though Shiela seemed to be more in shock and dismay overlooking the mess that her Library was in. Broken things, spilled stuff, Paladin Smites on her globe. She sputtered for a few moments, apparently completely at a loss of words before finally letting out a quiet little, "... what in the name of the abyss have you done?" looking over each of you in turn.

ProudGrognard
2015-02-17, 04:15 PM
Kadmus

Kadmus is not sure how to approach the situation. He does not like social necessities. Someone else will do a better job. He just points at the box.

"Magical trap. Gremlins, Pugwampis, summoned to destroy all evidence. We stopped them."

BramsesII
2015-02-17, 05:52 PM
Sidwe

The wizard, standing behind Kadmus and looking over the objects in the box, chimes in with a similar reaction to the dwarf. "He's speaking the truth. Something came out of the box. Pugwampis. They immediately began attacking various objects around the room. We tried to kill them quickly but..." A frown appears on her features, and she looks up from the box to look at Sheila as she addresses the woman. "That didn't go quite as well as expected."

She looks at the the others. "We uh... can clean things up a bit, if you want. Right, everyone?"

Smileybastard
2015-02-17, 08:22 PM
Pannar

"We can do our best to clean things up."

Phasm
2015-02-17, 11:38 PM
Caterina blushes slightly. "It is as Master Kadmus says. Normally I am not nearly so clumsy during a fight, and you have my sincere apologies. I will pay for my share of the damages as soon as possible, if you would be so good as to tell me how much that is."

Smileybastard
2015-02-18, 06:26 PM
Pannar

Pannar looks at Caterina. "The damage was not our fault and you were not clumbsy. We were asked to open the box and we did. The creatures that came from the box were destructive and we did what we could."

Diplomacy [roll0]

Vhaidara
2015-02-20, 07:23 PM
Maleon keeps his head down. He had managed to stop the fire, but it had almost gotten out of his control, even without using his power. Would he really be an asset when he had this much trouble not burning things?

ArcturusV
2015-02-22, 05:32 AM
Koriah took the opportunity to scuttle off as things were, well, busy. She waves goodbye, offering the group good luck as Pathfinders, slinking out of the door as the company explained what happened in the Library.

Shiela seemed to soften as the group explained what happened, still frowning as she looked over the destruction but, then again who wouldn't be a bit miffed at their study being torn up and their stuff being smashed, singed, slashed, acid'd, and so forth. She waved off Caterina's offer to pay for damages, and Sidwe's offer to help clean up.

"Allow me to apologize for the trouble with the Gremlins, and my reactions. But it is an object lesson for both of us, the life of an adventurer is not for the weak-hearted, and mishaps can happen anywhere. But regardless, the fact that you not only took care of the Gremlins, but also managed to open the Paradox Box in the first place tells me that my intuition was right, you are the perfect group for the job I have in mind."

She walked over towards the table with the Paradox Box, pulling out one of the undamaged chairs and taking a seat. She gestured for the rest of you to take a seat if you wished. She sat up straight, very prim and proper and formal, though didn't seem to mind if others were more relaxed in their demeanor.

"You see, I've recently had trouble with one of my informants in the city, Natalya Vancaskerkin. She's a half-Varisian who recently approached the Pathfinder Society with an offer to serve as a street informant. She runs with the Sczarni, I'm not sure which group. A week ago, Natalya sent me a cryptic hint that her gang was on the verge of uncovering an item that would be of great interest to the Society. Since the Sczarni's methods of uncovering something often involves armed robbery or breaking into somebody's personal chambers, we thought it prudent not to press for further details and instead wait to see what it would produce. Suffice it to say, she hinted strongly that it pertained to Thassilon, and promised to meet with me and discuss this find three days ago."

"She never kept that promise. Instead, she seems to have simply vanished. Initially, I assumed that the acquisition of this item was simply taking longer than expected, but now I'm hearing rumors that the Sczarni are looking for her as well."

"It seems likely that Natalya has absconded with this item she's discovered. And this is where you enter. I want to know what it was that Natalya and the Sczarni found. In fact, I'm more interested in that than in what happened to Natalya herself. For now, I'd like you to keep all of this quiet. If you can find out what happened to Natalya without letting a lot of people know she was also working for me as an informant, that would be preferable. That's part of why I'm coming to you, as new members of the Pathfinder Society, with this task. You don't yet have a reputation in Magnimar, and as such lowlifes and criminals you are likely to encounter may be more likely to talk."

"So... go out there and look for Natalya. Find out what happened to her, and to this item she and her gang discovered. If you can secure the item, all the better. Bring it back to me and I'll have a reward of 500 gold pieces for you. Bring Natalya back alive for me to speak to, and I'll double that."

"I'd like this solved as soon as is reasonable, but don't feel the need to go out unprepared. Take your time, and do this right, with no mistakes."

Smileybastard
2015-02-22, 08:51 AM
Pannar

Pannar nods absorbing all Shiela was saying. He sighed, his skills were not particularly suited to this task, but, on the other hand, there was a great potential to learn.
"Does anyone have contacts with the Sczarni?"

ProudGrognard
2015-02-22, 10:30 AM
Kadmus

Kadmus makes a small 'grumph' noise. He knows nothing of the city, or who these Sczarni are. They seem to be some kind of thieves' gang or group. he certainly knows noone like that. The deep underground places of dwarvenkind were not where they operated, apparently.

He looks the others in the eye.

" I know noone of those people. If neither of us does, can we hire someone?

Also, what about these artifacts over there? What are we to do with them?"

Vhaidara
2015-02-22, 11:07 AM
Maleon shakes his head.
I'm not even sure who the Sczarni are.

BramsesII
2015-02-22, 11:53 AM
Sidwe

The diviner quietly listens to Sheila's explanation, giving Eiki a small scrap of meat while she listens. When the Pathfinder has finished her story she's about to speak up when several of her partymembers tell Sheila they have no contact with the Sczarni whatsoever. Sidwe shakes her head as well. "Well then. I'm afraid I have no contacts with them either. It's not in the family business to strike deal with criminals. Of course, there are families around Magnimar with less scrupules. Perhaps they have some contacts that could help us establish... well... contact." She looks at Caterina as she speaks, her expression inquisitive. Probably.

She then turns back to Sheila. "We'll find the item. If not through the Sczarni, we'll find another way."

Phasm
2015-02-22, 07:56 PM
Caterina frowns at the mention of the Sczarni. "Yes, my uncle Gradon is rumored to have dealings with the Sczarni. However, I am not currently in his good graces. Far from it, considering that I publicly called him a rapacious, greedy, small-minded bigot at a large party last week." She coughs slightly. "There are a few of the Scarnetti who have not completely rejected me... but if they were seen helping me or anyone associated with me, it would not go well for them. I will not endanger their livelihoods without a very good reason."

Smileybastard
2015-02-22, 08:10 PM
Pannar

Pannar listens thoughtfully as the others speak. "I think the less people we bring into this the better. If other realize we are looking and why, there may be competition to find the object."

BramsesII
2015-02-23, 04:46 PM
Sidwe

Sidwe eyes Caterina suspiciously. What's she up to? Is she trying to lull me into a false sense of security or something? Well, I will not fall for it. She clears her throat, then speaks up. "Sensible suggestions from both of you. Very well then, we'll have to find another way to gather information than contacting the Sczarni."

The diviner looks at Sheila. "Is there anything else you can tell us about this Natalya? What part of the city she can usually be found, for instance, so that we can narrow down our search a bit."

ArcturusV
2015-02-23, 10:57 PM
Sheila folded her hands together and took a deep breath, at the very least the group did seem to be considering options somewhat reasonably and thinking of their own means and contacts.

"Sadly I don't know much about Natalya herself, she had arranged her deal with us through a Middleman, known as 'The Amazing Zograthy', a Varisian Fortune Teller down in Washer's Row in the Dockway. Natayla wanted a deal where she retained autonomy and a higher level of anonymity to act as she wished. It was a deal I'm beginning to regret. While the Sczarni have proven valuable to Lodges across the Inner Sea Region, having a Double Agent among them seemed like a good idea, they've not really proven themselves to be a reliable and trustworthy set of allies yet."

"But I'm not quite ready to write off Natayla as a Traitor. At least without knowing more. Magnimar isn't exactly the safest of cities and you never know what fate might cross the paths of anyone. There's some rumors of Nidalese slavers prowling the streets at night lately, for instance. Being picked up by slavers could easily explain the circumstances and how she seems to have fallen out of everyone's sight. Or she might have been picked up by the city guards," Sheila shrugged at that, "Sczarni are after all operating on the other side of the law. Probably wouldn't hurt to visit Arvensoar and touch bases with the City Guard, just in case."

Smileybastard
2015-02-23, 10:58 PM
Pannar

"As I understand it the Sczarni are largely a criminal brotherhood. Possibly we can deflect suspicion about our motives for seeking her, but we would need to be very careful as I believe they tend to look out for their own. A rock and a hard place. If we let them know we are after what she has then they will likely seek to obtain it. If we make them feel we want her for some other reason we have to be sure they do not see it as a threat.

"On the other hand, it seems they can not find her, so will they be of much help at all?"

Phasm
2015-02-23, 11:28 PM
"It sounds as if this fortune teller should be the next person we talk to, then. If she or he cannot tell us anything of use, the guard is usually willing to work with we who serve Iomedae. I would be happy to visit Arvensoar and ask after Natalya. Do you have a physical description I can give them?"

Vhaidara
2015-02-23, 11:31 PM
A fortune teller? Can't hurt to try.
Maleon seems distracted by his thoughts.

ProudGrognard
2015-02-24, 02:22 AM
Kadmus

Kadmus looks from one member of this new party to the other. They seem to know what they are doing. His hands stray to his pipe, but he reconsiders it at the last moment.

"Let us go see this ...fortune teller you called her? But it would be best if one of us went in as a client. There is no need to march in like an invading army. The rest of us can be nearby, in case of emergency.

I can be the client, if you like. I can tell when people kadrush ... lie, you call it... to me. And I am totally unknown in Magnimar. But I am not good at negotiations."

Vhaidara
2015-02-24, 11:15 AM
I'd be willing to go. I like fortune tellers.
Maleon's eyes seem to light up (not literally) as he comes out of his malaise.

BramsesII
2015-02-24, 02:54 PM
Sidwe

The wizard looks at the others. "Oh joy. A fortune teller. People who turn the noble art of divination into a parlor trick." She shakes her head and grumbles. Working with a Scarnetti and going to see a fortune teller? This is not how I'd imagined my first mission as a Pathfinder. After a moment of grumbling and shaking her head, she sighs. "Very well. We shall meet with the fortune teller. It's best if I don't do the talking, though. I shall remain... nearby." She pets Eiki on the head.

Smileybastard
2015-02-24, 07:48 PM
Pannar

Pannar shrugs. "I am happy to see a fortune teller, but keep in mind they can leak secrets as well as anyone."

ArcturusV
2015-02-28, 05:13 AM
"Well, there's sadly not much more I can do for you at this venture. My own duties demand my time. However in thanks for opening the Paradox Box, please feel free to take the relics inside as your own. Though I must keep the Box myself for further study, as I hope you can understand," Shiela tells you. There is a clear tone of dismissal in her voice, as you all seem to have your plans, or at least are well on your way to discussing them. She busies herself with some of the cleaning, organizing charts and papers that had been messed up in the short melee, no longer paying attention to the gathered adventurers.

The Investigation is on.

Vhaidara
2015-02-28, 10:49 AM
Maleon heads out the way he came in, accepting that they have been dismissed. Best get to work.
So anyone else wanna talk to her, or should I just head there?

Smileybastard
2015-02-28, 11:18 AM
Pannar

"I am coming as I alluded to."

ProudGrognard
2015-02-28, 11:32 AM
Kadmus

"We should all go together. One or two should go as customers and the rest of us should be around.

I say that me and ...Malleon? Should go in. I can tell when people hide things. I can be the friend from afar, come to see the wonders of this city and Malleon my guide. The rest can be gauging any shops nearby."

Kadmus looks at the rest in the eyes.

"Agreed?"

BramsesII
2015-02-28, 11:45 AM
Sidwe

The diviner nods. "That sounds like a good idea. Perhaps we should agree on a signal in case of trouble. I will be... assessing the wares in nearby shops. Perhaps together with a companion."

Vhaidara
2015-02-28, 11:48 AM
Sounds like a plan to me. As far as a signal if there's trouble, if you see fire shooting out of the windows, assume there's a problem.
The flame haired young man grins as he speaks.

Phasm
2015-02-28, 08:59 PM
"I shall do the same as Sidwe." Caterina nods firmly, then turns to the wizard in question. "I understand that you do not care for the Scarnetti; in your shoes, I imagine I would feel much the same. All I can give you is my word as a paladin that I hold myself to a much higher standard than Gradon Scarnetti, that I serve the Inheritor and not him." She sighs. "We don't need to be friends if you don't want to, but we should at least agree to work together if we are to succeed in finding Natalya Vancaskerkin."

BramsesII
2015-03-01, 05:50 AM
Sidwe

The wizard lowers her arm, allowing her familiar to climb upon her shoulder. What game are you playing, Scarnetti? She eyes the paladin suspiciously for a moment, then smiles a not very enthusiastic smile at her. "Very well. It seems I have no choice in the matter here. Perhaps we could stick together when 'shopping'. That way, I can get to know you a little better." She extends a hand towards the paladin in a gesture of goodwill. Plus, I get to keep an eye on you so you don't sell us out to the Sczarni.

She turns to look at the others in the group. "That is settled, then. Shall we get going?"