PDA

View Full Version : Allowable races

Torger
2007-04-05, 07:20 AM
A pair of questions for you fine folks.

Question number the first: If a creature (Say, a minotaur, or Doppleganger, or something similar) has both a LA and Creature levels. Would an acceptable way to lower its ECL be to remove the creature hit dice and accompanying accouterments (Skills, feats, et al)? I remember reading something to this effect back in 3rd ed in Savage Species, but I can't remember exactly what it said, and I don't have access to the book.

Question number the second: I'm in the process of designing (well, modifying to taste) a campaign setting, and I'm looking at the races I'm going to allow. I've decided to do the breakdown by alignment and allow three per "alignment step." This is working out fairly well, except for neutral good. I've stuck elves in there, and I've got aassimars or however the heck you spell them, but i need another one. Preferably, nothing planar.

The dominant Neutral Good deity is kind of a cross between pelor and Apollo, with the sun and the healing and whatnot, and has a swan as her symbol, so I was thinking of modifying the kenku to be less "Stab you in the spleen" and more "bright and cheery," but I think I'd rather something a little more... humanoid.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.