PDA

View Full Version : Class level

Mr.Kraken
2015-02-04, 01:46 PM
So, as I'm making a sacred fist, I've stumbled upon this doubt I've always had, really.

"Sacred Flames (Su): At 4th level, a sacred fist may use a standard action to invoke sacred flames around his hands and feet. These flames add to the sacred fist's unarmed damage. The additional damage is equal to the sacred fist's class level plus his Wisdom modifier (if any)."

What exactly does the bold means? Class level... does it refer to all levels acquired via classes or just all sacred fist levels?

Thanks in advance.

Waker
2015-02-04, 01:49 PM
My reading of it is that you simply deal more damage equal to your levels in Sacred Fist. So at 4th level when the ability comes along, you get a +4 in addition to your wisdom. At 10, it would be +10.

Zaq
2015-02-04, 01:56 PM
"Class level" always refers to your levels in the class that grants the ability in question. So in this case, it refers to your Sacred Fist levels.

Ruethgar
2015-02-04, 02:05 PM
Of course you can bump it further with bloodlines and uncanny trickster/legacy champion if you really want it higher.

Ssalarn
2015-02-04, 06:49 PM
"Class level" always refers to your levels in the class that grants the ability in question. So in this case, it refers to your Sacred Fist levels.

^^This is correct. Character level is your total level in all classes. Class level is your level in the specific class granting the ability.