PDA

View Full Version : Empire - [private] The Dawn / Salterri Negotiations

TheWombatOfDoom
2015-02-04, 01:53 PM
Salterri and EoD can meet here.

SamBurke
2015-02-05, 12:22 PM
Acting Doge Kuku Lelian steps inside the room quietly, sitting down and awaiting the arrival of her kinsmen's delegations.

Morph Bark
2015-02-05, 05:37 PM
Kuku nods, pleased. "This is all of the nations, then. The Dawn Accord is complete." She reads it over, checking everything, every signature. They're all there.

Lelian sighs deeply, letting out all of the pent-up air. "Now, I believe that those of the Concordat ought step back from the space. You are become observers only, and must act becauseingly." She glares at Stormskull.

"Now, to speak with the great representatives of the Salterri Empire!"

She looks at all of the listed demands from the Salterri, as placed there by Aarne. "I could like clarity more on this final paragraph... What is it meaning, according to you?"

Settlement for Peace between the Salterri Imperium and the Empire of Dawn for the Betterment of the Grūk* and their Nation of Grmanhil:
1. The Salterri Heartlands gains first rights to two trade posts in Grmanhil.

2. The Salterri Heartlands gains first rights to one trade post in Selyra.

3. The Guilderene Expanse shall gift grain to the Caercian Consortium. This shall remain in place for 25 years. At their behest, they may opt to turn it into a trade with the Guilderene Expanse after, or even prior to the end date.

4. The Kingdom of Serendel, the Guilderene Expanse and the Empire of Dawn shall never again blockade the trade business of the Salterri Imperium.

5. The Kingdom of Serendel, the Guilderene Expanse and the Empire of Dawn shall bestow on the Salterri Heartlands and the vassal states bound to it within the Salterri Imperium (to wit: the Kingdom of the Carmine Sea, the Caercian Consortium, the Kingdom of Mularuhm, the Kingdom of Celero, the Seaborne Confederation, the Kingdom of the Isles, the Coalition of the Abyssian Sea, the Niemida Prefecture and the Nanguang Prefecture) the technology of Physics and the technology of Abyssium.

6. Mutual non-aggression between the Salterri Imperium and the Empire of Dawn for 40 years.

7. If the Salterri Imperium is attacked by any of the nations that assisted the Kingdom of Serendel, the Guilderene Expanse or the Empire of Dawn during the period of 486-499 (to wit: the Kingdom of Ashenia, the Hurosha Empire, the Triumvirate or the Sovereign Principality of Niskovia) while this period of non-aggression lasts, the Kingdom of Serendel, the Guilderene Expanse and the Empire of Dawn shall assist in defense of any regions that come under attack.

Li Aarne Krii Valkoinen sat himself down across from Kuku Lelian and pushed the treaty proposal forward. "Point seven, as you had previously inquired, stipulates that if any regions of the Salterri Imperium come under attack by those nations who allied themselves with you during this war, you shall aid in our defense. This is to ensure that the Imperium does not suffer undue retaliation by any of those parties. Niskovia is an honourable nation we have blood ties with, but honour only goes so far, and I'm not familiar enough with their customs regarding family. Ashenia we have considered reasonable in the past, but that is no insurance for future action. Bordeux has maintained an open state of war with the Imperium for years, in spite of attempts on both ends to mend the gap. The Triumvirate and the Hurosha Empire was greatly involved in the causes that sparked a large war between the Imperium and the North over a century ago. The Hurosha Empire was also quick to cancel trades with the Imperium over the actions of a single citizen acting alone, and the Triumvirate has not defended any of their own regions in favour of attacking others in retaliation of attacks on your Empire."

He smiled at the komola princess. "It is insurance for us, so that it will be made highly unlikely that the citizens of the Imperium need suffer invasion like yours have. Even if you'll have peace with the Concordat and the Imperium, the other nations may not, and the Imperium is closer in its location than the Concordat. I wish to prevent us from ending up in a state of war with others as a result of the peace that we would have."

He held up his hands with open palms. "Nothing more."

TheWombatOfDoom
2015-02-06, 08:12 AM
Li Aarne Krii Valkoinen sat himself down across from Kuku Lelian and pushed the treaty proposal forward. "Point seven, as you had previously inquired, stipulates that if any regions of the Salterri Imperium come under attack by those nations who allied themselves with you during this war, you shall aid in our defense. This is to ensure that the Imperium does not suffer undue retaliation by any of those parties. Niskovia is an honourable nation we have blood ties with, but honour only goes so far, and I'm not familiar enough with their customs regarding family. Ashenia we have considered reasonable in the past, but that is no insurance for future action. Bordeux has maintained an open state of war with the Imperium for years, in spite of attempts on both ends to mend the gap. The Triumvirate and the Hurosha Empire was greatly involved in the causes that sparked a large war between the Imperium and the North over a century ago. The Hurosha Empire was also quick to cancel trades with the Imperium over the actions of a single citizen acting alone, and the Triumvirate has not defended any of their own regions in favour of attacking others in retaliation of attacks on your Empire."

He smiled at the komola princess. "It is insurance for us, so that it will be made highly unlikely that the citizens of the Imperium need suffer invasion like yours have. Even if you'll have peace with the Concordat and the Imperium, the other nations may not, and the Imperium is closer in its location than the Concordat. I wish to prevent us from ending up in a state of war with others as a result of the peace that we would have."

He held up his hands with open palms. "Nothing more."

"Would we perhaps be able to phrase it a different way? While I understand the need for insurance, it certainly violates at leat 3 non agression pacts that I have with the nations you refer to. Not only that, but I cannot control or forsee what the future will hold for the next 40 years. For instance, if you attack one of my allies, I would be forced to defend them against you, unless it was with due cause.
Agreeing to defend both the Salterri, my allies, and myself seems to be something very difficult to do. And given the enormity of your empire, and the involved nations of the war, perhaps it would be better if this were a pact between all of the allies of mine and the Salterri, rather than just the Empire of Dawn? For the peace of all, rather than the peace of us?"

Morph Bark
2015-02-06, 07:36 PM
"Then what wording do you suggest?" Aarne questioned. "As for your allies, I'm sure the Qzare and the Imperium as a whole would be pleased to form a pact ensuring peace between all our nations. Certainly it would be nice to finally be entirely at peace, even with the Empire of the Silver Moon. They've been most kind in recent years, even though we never made peace since their declaration of war on us during the Wars of the Mandate. It would be desireable to finally see an end to that. However, such a pact between all these nations would be separate from this one and would have to be prepared for. In a few years time, we may come to that."

(OOC: Could you please tag this thread? I keep missing it largely because it isn't, and I want to have it wrapped up asap.)