PDA

View Full Version : Lv15 Charismatic Tristalt Character

J'Tal
2015-02-04, 02:21 PM
I usually like playing the assassin/rogue/fighter characters, or the unusual species. However, I decided to try something fun. I want to create a Charisma based character that can charm the pants off a lich. I want to walk in front of an army and asking the DM what the percentage of the enemy is female, and successfully invite them all to partake in some sports in the next field over. (rugby or something...) I want this character to have as high of a Cha bonus as possible.

The restrictions:
-No evil. (I know, it annoys me as well.)
-A three tier gestalt character, with one tier able to be template or racial.
-Max level is 15.
-I have access to almost any printed material, no home-brew.
-I want the character to look as normal as possible. (human, elf, ect. [Though not mandatory.])
-I want the character to be male.
-I don't want to end up with a incorporeal character.
-The store we play in has a PG rating. (It's all good as long as we don't talk about it...)
-I have been given approval to use 'the Book of Erotic Fantasy'. (See above)

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

sideswipe
2015-02-04, 02:42 PM
half elf

half fey, unseelie fey, mineral warrior (to get that con of basicly 0 back up) (LA +3)

then you take basicly every thing to up your diplomacy you can, marshal 1, warlock 1, cleric 1, human and half elf paragons. take at least 1 full casting side.
you could get a diplomacy (before items) of about 100 if you really stretch.
make sure you pick up exemplar.

with a diplomacy of 100 you can roll a 1 and get a circumstance modifier for torturing and killing someone's family in front of them and still make them helpful.

Aegis013
2015-02-04, 03:13 PM
Look to Incarnate, Warlock, Binder, Bard, Cleric, Exemplar and other social skill boosting classes.

Incarnate can provide excellent scaling Diplomacy and Bluff bonus through the Silvertongue Mask soulmeld. Eventually this will also be able to give you Sense Motive bonus. Taking Expanded Soulmeld Capacity can help you keep this bonus excellent. This is an Insight bonus. It can be replaced with a less constant bonus from a Cleric spell.

A dip into Warlock provides you with the least Invocation Beguiling Influence, which provides a +6 untyped (thus stacks with everything) bonus to Diplomacy, Bluff and Intimidate, lasts 24 hours and can be cast at-will.

A dip into Binder can give you access to the Vestige Naberius, which is a cornerstone of diplomantic builds. Naberius heals you from ability damage (which is irrelevant to your concept, but pretty nice), gives you at-will Disguise Self ability, access to some skills you can't used untrained (again, not important, but nice), Command spell once every 5 rounds, and most importantly it gives you the ability to take 10 on Diplomacy and Bluff even when distracted or threatened, and removes the penalty for taking a rushed diplomacy check.

Bard can provide you access to excellent skill boosting spells: Voice of the Dragon (Bard 4) gives +10 enhancement to Diplomacy, Bluff, and Intimidate. Glibness (Bard 3) provides an impressive +30 untyped to Bluff.

Cleric can give you access to Guidance of the Avatar (https://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/sb/sb20010504a) and Divine Favor.

Exemplar is rather easy to qualify for and can get you some decent skill increases and bonus feats to spend on Skill Foci and Negotiator and other normally crap skills to inch your modifiers up slightly. You can use an Otyugh Hole for Skill Focus (Intimidate) to qualify without using one of your own feats.

For race, a Necropolitan (Libris Mortis) Human can take Evolved Undead (Libris Mortis) template each level for +2 cha every level. You can use your Disguise Self from Naberius to not appear undead.

Put it together and you have something like:
Necropolitan Human 15
Bard 9/Incarnate +1/Exemplar 5 // Bard 1/Warlock 1/Incarnate 2/Cloistered Cleric 12 // Evolved Undead 15
Cha 18 base + 30 templates + 3 levels + 6 items = 57 Cha
Feats need to include Expanded Soulmeld Capacity, Bonus Essentia, Otyugh Hole -> Skill Focus (Intimidate)
You'll be getting:
+20 competence (Guidance of the Avatar)
+12 insight (Silvertongue Mask or Divine Insight (could go up to +15 if Incarnate is dropped entirely)
+10 enhancement Voice of the Dragon
+6 Beguiling Influence
+18 ranks
+4 synergy
+23 charisma bonus
Take 10 from Naberius/Exemplar
You could be popping down 93 diplomacy rolls as a standard. This can turn a hostile enemy friendly, or an indifferent individual into a fanatic follower. It is possible to increase this further.
You could be doing the same except with 119 Bluff rolls by adding Glibness. (no synergy)

Though if you really do this kind of crazy stuff, you can expect the DM to houserule Diplomacy to work differently than stated in the books. Or make every enemy mindless or something. It's really annoying to deal with.

Also, the Emissary of Barachiel from Book of Exalted Deeds fits with your concept. It has the ability to force alignment changes upwards through its ability (though it allows saves).

Wacky89
2015-02-04, 03:15 PM
Magic-blooded Radiant Creature(DR#321) Draconic Pixie
LA 8
+16 Charisma

Seerow
2015-02-04, 03:22 PM
I'd recommend tacking on a level of Marshal somewhere with Aegis' build, to be able to add your charisma bonus to checks a second time as an untyped bonus (Motivate Charisma aura), which brings you up to a passive 116. Still need another 4 points to turn an unfriendly fanatical, but I'm sure that could be scrounged up somewhere.

kardar233
2015-02-04, 03:23 PM
Seeing as this is tristalt I'd definitely suggest filling one side of it with a high-LA race. Unfortunately, most of the best level-adjusted races for Charisma-based characters are female-only. If you can convince your DM of it I'd suggest trying to get a male Nymph or (Sanctified) Succubus, as they both get plenty of Charisma-based benefits. Otherwise I'd settle for a Gloura (Underdark p. 88); they're a bit odd but not too bad, and they get Bard spellcasting with CHA to AC and all saves.

To make best use of your Charisma score you definitely want some kind of spellcasting, and Sorcerer's probably your best bet unless you want to go Bard (possibly into Sublime Chord?). For martial skill you could have one side be a Bard/Crusader with Song of the White Raven, and you can go for things like Snowflake Wardance to get more mileage out of your Charisma.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-02-04, 03:37 PM
X Stat to Y Bonus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?125732-3-x-X-stat-to-Y-bonus), get as many ways to add your Cha bonus to your AC, saving throws, attack rolls, damage rolls, etc. For example, this build (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?342828-Damnable-PC-s-need-a-Blackguard-built-that-ll-teach-them-a-lesson!#6) is not even gestalt, and the Blackguard levels can be easily replaced on a tristalt character. Note that any www.wizards.com links need to be changed to archive.wizards.com to work properly.

J'Tal
2015-02-04, 05:12 PM
*Rubs hands together while letting out an evil chuckle...*

I am going to go through this and see what I can do to make the best *worst* character.

My mental image of this is the bard from 'Gamers 2, the Dorkness Rising'. (Without all the dying, and actually being a decent character.)

sideswipe
2015-02-04, 05:21 PM
you should be able to get 3 parts,

a high LA and RHD part with a couple of nice dips.

a part that sky rockets your social skills to possibly triple figures

and a part that is a full caster of sorts, or possibly a bard with optimised bardic music. this will be the main active and combat part so make it good.

one for huge stats, one for talking, one for combat and everything else.