PDA

View Full Version : Netherese Battle Curse + Hexblade

j_spencer93
2015-02-04, 06:30 PM
What level can a hexblade take this?

Zaq
2015-02-04, 06:33 PM
Well, it requires "arcane caster level 1st," and as we can see on pg. 8 of Complete Warrior, "through 3rd level, a Hexblade has no caster level. At 4th level and higher, his caster level is one-half his Hexblade level." So you can take it at or after you reach your 4th level of Hexblade, though a straight-classed Hexblade won't have a feat available until 6th.

j_spencer93
2015-02-04, 06:34 PM
ok your last sentence was the answer i was seeking, thank you. i have way to many NPC's/PC's i am working on to look everything up.

herrhauptmann
2015-02-04, 08:34 PM
Followup question:
Despite having a caster level, warlocks can't use Netherese Battle Curse, right?

j_spencer93
2015-02-04, 08:37 PM
Why not? Well it depends do they count for arcane casters? if so then ya but think it would find it hard to use if i understand the feat

malonkey1
2015-02-04, 08:44 PM
Well, technically, they could take Precocious Apprentice and have a lone 2nd-level slot. But yeah, not much good for straight Warlock.

herrhauptmann
2015-02-04, 08:52 PM
Why not? Well it depends do they count for arcane casters? if so then ya but think it would find it hard to use if i understand the feat
Just invocations, the feat calls out spell slots and prepared slots.

Well, technically, they could take Precocious Apprentice and have a lone 2nd-level slot. But yeah, not much good for straight Warlock.

Two feats for 1 debuffing attempt? Nah.
A shame too, I've got a character who specializes in fear attempts to debuff. And on-hit debuffs with his weapon. That feat would've been great.

edits.

malonkey1
2015-02-04, 08:54 PM
Two feats for 1 debuffing attempt? Nah.

I agree. Although, I bet somebody on this forum could find a way to cheese this into usability. Cough. Cough.