PDA

View Full Version : Help for Spell Selection with a Witch (thematically)

Blackhawk748
2015-02-04, 07:06 PM
No im not playing a PF witch, im playing a Sorceress and im having problems selecting my spells (not normal for me). Now ill be starting at level 5 and almost immediately will be going into Snowshaper (its Sandshaper, but cold) and then into Hexer (yay more spells!!) as my DM was nice enough to waive the "Divine Lightning Bolt" requirement. So im gonna know a lot of spells, like a lot, and i have no clue what to take. To make life easy heres what Snowshaper gives me:

1st—bear’s endurance, bull’s strength, cat’s grace, endure
elements, chill touch, speak with animals, conjure ice beast 1

2nd—eagle’s splendor, fox’s cunning, chill metal, owl’s wisdom,
resist energy, conjure ice beast II, icicle.

3rd—control temperature, shivering touch, dispel magic, dominate animal,
arctic haze, snowwalk, conjure ice beast III, blood snow, thin air, wind wall.

4th—ice storm, conjure ice beast IV, wall of coldfire,
column of ice.

5th—gelid blood, boreal wind, flesh to ice, conjure
ice beast V, ice to flesh, ice shape.

6th— heartfreeze, entomb, death hail, conjure ice beast VI

7th—call avalanche, conjure ice beastVII.

8th—conjure ice beast VIII, fimbulwinter.

9th—conjure ice beast IX.

So ya, theres a lot of, well, everything, in there. So with Snowshaper covering basic viability, im free to pretty much grab whatever i want, which is weird for me. As my character is a witch i wanted to keep up that them, so debuffing, illusions, general mis-direction shenanigans. But theres so many fun spells. Obviously Glitterdust is making the list (as i have never cast it) and Disguise Self will probably make it as well as Alter Self, and of course Magic Missile, but other than those four i got nothing and that doesnt even cover my starting spells let alone what ill pick at later levels.

So in short, HALP MEEEE!!!! :smalleek: