PDA

View Full Version : Dragon fighting PRCs?

Invader
2015-02-04, 07:13 PM
Are there any good prestige classes to take if you're fighting a lot of dragons? I looked in the dragons icon but didn't see anything very worthwhile. Preferably for a divine caster but abything would work.

INoKnowNames
2015-02-05, 01:13 AM
If you take a dip in Dragonslayer, you gain immunity to fear. It's not much, but it lets you ignore Frightful Presence, which may help if you don't otherwise have any way to ignore it just yet, or would rather not waste a spell on it but want it taken care of.

WeaselGuy
2015-02-05, 02:01 AM
The Leviathan Hunter PrC in Stormwrack ramps up your damage against huge or larger creatures. It's supposed to be focused around stuff like kraken and aboleths, but it mentions dragons too. I had a dedicated dragonhunter build a while back that used Ranger, Fighter, Dragonslayer and Leviathan Hunter to crank up his damage. But he was a (mostly) mundane character, using a Dragonbane composite longbow. Had casting as a 9th level ranger.

The Viscount
2015-02-05, 05:53 PM
Vassal of Bahamut is a bit dull, but its 4th level ability Dragonwrack is unique and interesting. It allows you to deal a small amount of damage with every melee attack that cannot be healed except by miracle or wish. This means you can fight a dragon in stages, or perhaps even work out some way to ping them with hit and run tactics.

I also like Dragonstalker's accelerated Sneak attack vs dragons, which is especially cool since it's full BA. The skill bonus on opposed checks vs dragons is also very nice. Unfortunately the class features do little against non-dragons, and several features are simply overlapped by darkstalker, but it might be good for a splash.

Blackhawk748
2015-02-05, 05:58 PM
Vassal of Bahamut is a bit dull, but its 4th level ability Dragonwrack is unique and interesting. It allows you to deal a small amount of damage with every melee attack that cannot be healed except by miracle or wish. This means you can fight a dragon in stages, or perhaps even work out some way to ping them with hit and run tactics.

Dragonwrack is just flat out nasty and the primary reason to take the class, works well on a Paladin