PDA

View Full Version : My World [WIP] West Khazra

SciChronic
2015-02-05, 05:50 PM
So i'm building a world for later campaigns i'm going to run, and i suddenly realized that there is a LOT of work involved...

here's what i have so far:

ReligionThe Old Gods:
Beings who existed at the beginning of creation, they may have even been the start. However, they ruled like tyrants, and were eventually slain by the Greater Gods. All except one, the Lost Brother, who joined the pantheon of the Greater Gods.

The Greater Gods:
The beings who overthrew the Old Gods. For a time, the eight Greater Gods ruled peacefully for thousands of years through inaction, and balance until the demigods waged war upon them. In the aftermath of the war Erim-Fal, the Goddess of Good, died, which upset their balance. To restore, order, Ishtah, the Balancer sacrificed himself, ending the life of Erim-Bal, the God of Evil. With 3 of the Greater Gods dead, the Lost Brother, attempted to take control. The remaining 4 gods, already weakened by the war with the demigods, could only seal him away. Weakened by this string of events, the Greater Gods realized they could not continue without losing balance. So, they created the Lesser Gods and diffused their power into them.

Pantheon:
Kastan (LN): The Giver of Laws; The Thunderer; The Builder
Shala (CN): The Worker from Within; The Holder of Secrets
Delinar (CN): The Keeper of Wishes and Desires
Prindel (NN): The Abstainer
Ishtah (NN): The Balancer
Erim-Fal (LG): The Goddess of Good; The Light
Erim-Bal (LE): The Goddess of Evil; The Darkness
The Lost Brother (CE)

Demigods:
Incredibly powerful beings that ruled over the physical planes as conquerors, always seeking greater battles. When they ran out of things to fight, they challenged the gods themselves. This was their greatest war, but it was one they did not win. Relics of the Demigods still hold terrifying power.

Lesser Gods:
After the Greater Gods sealed the Lost Brother away, they found themselves too weak, and unable to maintain the balance of power without Ishtah. So, the Greater Gods created 13 beings, and diffused their remaining power to them. This became the pantheon of the Lesser Gods.

Pantheon:
The Hammer (LG): The Just; Giver of Laws; The Builder
The Hound (LN): The Howler After Fugitives; The Tireless Pursuer; The Vengeful; The Revealer of Truth
The Red Net (CN): The Goddess of Death; The Drawer of Nets; Lover of Life; She Who Waits
The Sickle (NG): The Earth Mother; Bringer of Harvests
The Light (NG): The White; The Pure; Goddess of the Path; Goddess of Healing
The Shadow (CN): The Artful Dodger; The Prankster; The Night Walker; The Silent Thief. God of Pirates, Thieves, Liars, and Cheats.
The Song (CG): Gatherer of Quiet Pleasures; The Muse. Goddess of Love, Song, Foresters, and Sailors.
The Sword (LN): The Planner of Battles, The Tactician; The God of War.
The Shield (NG): Shield of the Weak; The Protector.
The Dancer (CN): Dancer through Hearts; Goddess of Love Scorned, Luck, and Dance.
The Moon (LE): The Hunter; The Predator; Wanter of All Things; Collector of Hidden Knowledge; God of the Sea.
The Flame (CE): Bringer of Light; Burner of Cities; God of Fire.
The Mark (NN): God of Magic; God of Knowledge; The Lorekeeper.
I would like some help with setting up Domains for all of the gods in both pantheons, and some feedback on their alignments, if possible.

Sarric, Capital of West KhazraMetropolis.

Notable OrganizationsThe Masked: Biggest street gang in the city. Does everything; pickpocketing, protection rackets, burglary, you name it. No one knows who actually leads the Masked, not even the upper echelons of the gang itself. In actuality, it is led by Sarric's Spymaster. The King of Sarric realized when he was young, that crooks and smugglers were an essential part of the region's economy, so rather than remove the street gang from the picture, he decided to control it, in order to regulate a large portion of crime within the city. The Masked are currently at war with the Court of Ravens, a rival gang.

The Court of Ravens: Second largest street gang in the city known for functioning as an assassin's guild. Secretly, they are a cult that worships the Lost Brother.

The Grand Court: Comprised of nobles, guild leaders, merchants, and nearly everyone of importance in the region. The Court is compartmentalized into "Circles" that deal with separate sectors of government. Members of the Court play the Great Game, seeking higher station through political maneuvering, intrigue, and even assassination.

Circles:
Circle of Coin: Determines the annual budget of the city. Deals with taxation, tariffs, tolls, int'l trade, etc.
Circle of Passage: Deals with transportation. Fixing roads, repairing docks, etc.
Circle of the Higher Power: Deals with religious affairs. Handles disputes between religious orders, event planning for religious events, etc.
Circle the Hearth: Deals with foreign and domestic affairs.
Circle Banners: Deals with the military. Controls the City Watch, the militia, and controls the country's army. Comprised solely of the King, the region's nobles, and high ranking military officers.
Circle of Stone: Deals with construction. Handles building and upkeep of city walls, gates, and buildings.
Circle of Welfare: Deals with goods distribution, regulation, and pricing.

LocationsThe Poor Quarter: Home to the worst housing district of the city due to its proximity to the wharf, tanners, slaughterhouses, and other such places.

Subdistricts:
The Wharf: Where all cargo, merchant ships and general transport ships dock. Connects directly to the warehouse district.
Warehouse District: where foods are stored for import and export
Tanner Street: Poorest street in the city due to the vile runoff from the tanners up the street.

RFLS
2015-02-12, 03:27 AM
In no particular order:

While it's useful later on (when you're writing the crunch), having an alignment in mind is generally a hindrance when writing fluff. Write the character (or gods, in this case) first, and assign the alignment afterwards.
In what way is the Goddess of Death chaotic? In general, Death tends to be a rules-bound character.
I like the Council in general, but I would suggest codifying what you mean by the Great Game - is it actually a game with written rules, etc, or is it just standard (if somewhat brutal) politics?