PDA

View Full Version : Got my answer, thanks.

Drrakerr
2015-02-05, 06:12 PM
So, if a power allows for multiple forms of augmentation, do the augments work as simple if/than statements? For example, I'll use psionic dominate.

If you spend 2 additional power points, this power can also affect an animal, fey, giant, magical beast, or monstrous humanoid.
If you spend 4 additional power points, this power can also affect an aberration, dragon, elemental, or outsider in addition to the creature types mentioned above.
For every 2 additional power points you spend, this power can affect an additional target. Any additional target cannot be more than 15 feet from another target of the power.
If you spend 1 additional power point, this power’s duration is 1 hour rather than concentration. If you spend 2 additional power points, this power’s duration is 1 day rather than concentration. If you spend 4 additional power points, this power’s duration is 1 day per manifester level rather than concentration.
So if i spend 2 additional power points to affect a new type, do I get the increase to DC's automatically? Say for example I want to affect 3 aberrations for 1 hour. Base cost 7+4(to affect aberration type)+1(for duration)+4(2 bonus targets) total 9 extra points spent. Would I get +4 to the save DC automatically, or would I have to spend points to increase the DC separately? The wording in my copy of Expanded Psionics didn't really clarify one way or the other.

sideswipe
2015-02-05, 06:19 PM
you have to pay for each augmentation separately.

Drrakerr
2015-02-05, 06:22 PM
Ok! thank you.