PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to use a spell to gain a psionic power?

Genesic
2015-02-05, 08:19 PM
More specifically Metamorphosis?
And I mean ANY spell, and as long as I have 1 round to manifest Metamorphosis, then I am content.
Please dont hesitate to use feats, as Dark Chaos Shuffle is a form of spells, so changing feats around IS an option.

Flickerdart
2015-02-05, 09:00 PM
Mental Pinnacle gives you a bunch of powers and power points, but not Metamorphosis.

Crake
2015-02-05, 09:54 PM
With psionic/magic transparency limited wish can be used to cast to "Duplicate any other spell of 5th level or lower, provided the spell is not of a school prohibited to you." which metamorphosis qualifies for unless you've banned transmutation for some odd reason.

At 300xp a pop though, maybe not your optimal solution.

Edit: Hidden Talent, get a telepath to psychic chirurgery you the metamorphosis power, get practised manifester and overchannel and some way to get 1 more manifester level of your choice (orange ioun stone would work with psi/magic transparency) and either some means to get more power points, or some 7 point cognizance crystals, and badaboom

Edit2: How much money do you have? There's an at will, unlimited duration psychoactive skin of metamorphosis that costs 84k, but is limited to 7HD.

Andion Isurand
2015-02-06, 06:00 AM
You could use miracle to duplicate anything that equates to a 7th-level spell... such as spending 13 pp on any power of 7th-level or less.

If you happen to be a wizard... taking two levels of the Wyrm Wizard prestige class (Dragon Magic 55) after you have 16 levels worth of a wizard's spellcasting progression under your belt, will allow you to add miracle to your wizard spell list.