PDA

View Full Version : Fate of a Galaxy Far, Far Away [LordHavelock & Company]

LordHavelock
2015-02-06, 12:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mFtFoIG.jpg

http://www.starwars.com/games-apps/star-wars-crawl-creator/?54d4312ee4b023a6b79528e3]

It is a turbulent time in the Galaxy. The Treaty of Coruscant being no guarantee of peace between the Republic and the Sith Empire. Forced to sign the treaty after a surprise attack on the Republic capital planet while peace talks were under way, many within the Republic refuse to acknowledge it's legitimacy. They cannot however, ignore the hold the Sith now have over nearly half the galaxy.

While the Sith look to consolidate their power, and the Republic to recover, neither side recognize the immediate peace as anything lasting. Factions on both sides are eager to resume hostilities, and revenge indignities. A state of Cold War between proxies and pawns has begun in earnest.

Looking to turn uncertain times to their own profit, the criminal underworld has become a battleground as the Hutts and their rivals in the Exchange vie for control of the center of nefarious activity in the galaxy, Nar Shadaa, the better to offer support to either Republic or Empire . . .

None of that concerns you though, at least not immediately. Nar Shaddaa is no worse for the wear to the untrained eye, even as the Crime War between the Hutts and The Exchange is waged in full swing. Sporadic violence between gangs and cartels and syndicates has always been a fact of life here, it's just that nowadays it's a little more purposeful, little more directed, and little more frequent and most disturbingly, a little bit better armed. Word is that both sides are receiving arms and supplies from some faction or factions within the Republic or the Empire or both, but in a Hive of Scum and Villainy like this, it's often difficult to tell whose loyalties lie where. Ostensibly, whoever comes out on top will then be in a position to help in a big way whichever side has lent them the most support, but at the rate the pawns and minor players change sides and the big fish gobble up whatever contributions either side is willing to offer, it's anyone's guess as to whose face this Galactic Powder Keg will blow up in.

Most of that is still far away though, you're just here for a job, looking to keep your head down and get lost in the crowds of refugees, ne'er-do-wells, and shiftless masses which call The Smuggler's Moon home. Lax regulations, sprawling urban hives, a labyrinth undercity defying navigation, and the most corrupt planetary governance imaginable all make for a fine place to lay low and maybe make a little (dis)honest living in the mean time. The latter being what has brought you now to the dive of a cafe you now find yourself in, a whole in the wall carved out of one of the more densely packed commercial spires and nowhere near high enough from the crust to allow for anything but various hues of grey and brown to be viewed out the window. Neon holo-displays and more conventional glow fixtures within and without perpetuate the relative twilight which is Nar Shaddaa's day & night this far below the polluted cloud cover. Cheap prices and a few card tables have drawn enough of a locals and drifters to make the joint feel stuffy (the low ceiling doesn't help any) and provide a certain amount of anonymity, especially the way booths, tables and drink stations are scattered about the Haphazard Floorplan, and there's plenty of Crowd Cover to get lost in if need be. All the same, you find yourself picking out a familiar face or two, here or there, as you keep an eye out for the contact which brought you here; the message you received indicating they'd be recognizable as the only person with a free booth, though how they'd contrive that in a place like this is anyone's guess so far as you can see . . .

Thundercracker
2015-02-06, 02:56 AM
Darren Korr

Darren entered the dingy bar, trusty sidearm at his hip. He surveyed the scene briefly before considering getting a drink at one of the stations. Then again, perhaps it would be best to do a circuit of the place before ordering. If he was lucky, whoever invited him here might buy him a drink and save him the trouble. Plus, experience told him it was always good to find where the rear entrance was in a place like this. Mind made up, he stepped past the threshold and made his way through the teeming crowd, looking to pick out a familiar face, or spot an empty booth.

Toxic Mind
2015-02-06, 09:57 AM
Kele Roth

Kele was the second, though she couldn't know that, to arrive. A few minutes ago she thought she saw the smuggler who had led her to Polo's Liutenant heading in the same direction, but she quickly lost him in the crowd.

She enters the cantina, her hood pulled up over her head, casting her face is shadow. The piece of paper that led her here is stored safely in one of the many pouches along her robes, and the brilliance of such communication is not lost on Kele. In a world of slicers and hackers, paper communications were unpack able, though succeptible to other forms of interception.

Kele surveys the scene for a moment, seeking to pick out familiar faces, but seeing none, goes and takes a seat at the bar, though she does not order a drink, rather closing her eyes, and reaching out with the force to try and find her contact. It paid to be prepared.

Desril
2015-02-06, 11:23 AM
Kathleen Marr

Interested in figuring out just who had information on what had happened to her when most of the company she was with ran afoul of her old master, Kat found herself entering the dank, dark cafe shortly after a familiar face that she was just barely able to sense through the incredibly dense crowd. For such a small place, it is quite popular. I barely noticed her...but I suppose it's fitting she'd be here. That's not a booth though... Her instinct says coincidence, but her training reminds her that there is no such thing, and that this must be the will of the Force.

Unable to see a table with a free booth, the miraluka instead moves to take a seat next to Kele, "It's been a while. I see you've avoided running into any more Sith."

Toxic Mind
2015-02-06, 12:07 PM
Kele

By Naga Sadow, the Miraluka? Kele conditioned her face, though she was sure to the Miraluka's sight, it was obvious that she was surprised. The pesky thing about seeing with the force was that her cloak did little to hide her, from one of that race. "Indeed, and it seems you managed to survive the encounter. You have my respect. He was a formidable opponent." Kele does not remove her hood, for to do so would be to draw attention she does not want, and it wasn't as though the Miraluka needed to see her skin anyways. "It appears the Force has led us to one another again. I am Kele Roth, and if you mean to bring me to your Republic, I assure you I will not be so easy as your prior Sith opponent." The contingent of troopers that once accompanied Kat were nowhere to be seen, but that didn't mean they hadn't accompanied her all the same, perhaps waiting outside?

Desril
2015-02-06, 12:20 PM
Kat

Smiling, though for obvious reasons it is a smile that doesn't reach her eyes, she replies, "Nice to finally have a name for you, Kele. I'm Kathleen Marr, though, most people just call me 'Kat'. And yes, he was skilled, but I did know his techniques, and he hadn't changed much since the last time I'd seen him. The same could not be said from his point of view, which put me at an advantage. And you can relax, I'm no Jedi. The company I was with disbanded after that, though I am here on related business." Looking around, she expands her senses outward, looking for the one who'd invited her here and the free both he's supposed to have.

"Apparently, someone saw what happened that night and wants to meet with me about it," she says, not bothering to hide while she's here, partly because it relates to Kele herself, and partly because she's just not worried that the sith could do much to interfere if she tried. "Though finding them in this cesspool is going to be irritating."

Using Miraluka skill to try and find the right table. I doubt this will work.

Anyway, let's see, the altered dice roll we were going with was rollv 4d3-8, right? So...[roll0]+2

Edit; ok, so it was just roll, not rollv. Either way, result of +4/Great

Toxic Mind
2015-02-06, 12:37 PM
"Well then Kathleen Marr, it seems that we once again have aligned purposes. I recieved a rather cryptic missive from one who claimed to be of use to me, and those instructions brought me here. Too little to find them, I'm afraid, so I suppose I shall wait until they find me."
Kele extends her senses once more, scanning the room for anyone or anything that seemed to be focused on her, rather than its own concerns.

[roll0] so +0

Desril
2015-02-06, 01:45 PM
Kat

"It seems then, that we're in the same situation." Not having a better idea, and not being one to just sit and wait patiently, the miraluka casually reaches into her robes only to emerge with a pazaak deck in hand. "But since we seem to have time to kill, perhaps you'd like to play a few rounds? Beats just sitting here waiting."

Up to you, Toxic, if you want to accept. If you do though, should we make a wager? Credits don't mean too much in this game, though I suppose we could create temporary aspects for us if we bet a significant amount, but there are always other things to bet.

Space Lawyer
2015-02-06, 02:06 PM
Lena

Lena floats through the door, thankful that she does not require respiration. So many of these beings looked diseased and filthy, and she had shut off her olfactory senses. An air sample analysis had revealed an abundance of disagreeable volatile organic compounds. However this bar chose to filter their air, if they did so at all, it surely wasn't enough.

A quick look reveals no empty booth. Lena was never particularly sure why organics insisted on congregating in places like this. It always seemed unnecessary. The noise was enough to damage the hearing of several species, crime rates were noticeably higher in and around such establishments, and many of the beverages impaired both immediate functionality and long-term health. She had determined the derived utility to be analogous to that which she achieved from creative pursuits, but still lacked an understanding of how that utility was achieved through this.

Perhaps waiting was the best option. Whoever had sent that message obviously had a significant degree of skill and imagination, and would be able to contact her again easily if they wished. If not, and this had all been a waste of time, well, Nar Shadda was a good place to be in search of work.

Toxic Mind
2015-02-06, 03:01 PM
"Not much my game, but you are right, there is little better to do, as I have no interest in consuming whatever swill passes for drink here. Still..." Kele smiles, a rather predatory expression. "Care to make it interesting?"

Desril
2015-02-06, 03:22 PM
Kat

Grinning as she goes to find a table better suited for the game than the bar, Kat nods her head. "A fun wager always makes the game more interesting. I take it you've got something more exciting than credits in mind?"

Toxic Mind
2015-02-06, 03:38 PM
Kele and Kat

There are only two currencies beyond credits that matter on Nar Shaddaa. Information and Favors. The choice of which we play for is yours. Kele stands and follows Kat in her quest for a table. The Sith finds one with a passed out drunk on it, and upends the unfortunate onto the floor before taking his seat and gesturing to the one across from her.

Desril
2015-02-06, 03:49 PM
Kat and Kele

"Favors then. The only information I'm currently concerned with isn't something you'll know, and I've seen you fight, however briefly, having a favor I could call in could be useful some day," she says taking a seat and shuffling her deck.

I saw rules for gambling games in the FATE documentation somewhere, but I'm limited in time and internet access right now, brief summation?

Though how does betting favors work? If we play more than a couple hands we might end up with some obscene number that makes slavery almost sound appealing :smalltongue:

Toxic Mind
2015-02-06, 04:39 PM
Kat and Kele

The game is fierce, and despite and early loss, Kele refuses to give up ground, winning back her loses. The second ends much as the first, despite Kele's early lead, she loses out to an absolutely smashin final hand by Kat. Kele leans back in the chair. "Well fought, indeed. It seems your skill extends beyond that of a lightsaber."

Desril
2015-02-06, 04:53 PM
Kat and Kele

Taking a tally of the current score, Kat nods and returns the compliment. "You as well, you're quite the consummate bluffer. You almost had me fooled, which no easy task."

Readying the next hand, the miraluka grins, "What'd you say we up the ante?"

Assuming we were playing for a boost before, that upgrades to situational, I believe? Though if it's only good for this scene...hrm...maybe something like "the drinks are on you"?

If this were a less serious situation and we weren't here on business, I'd say "Lost at Strip Pazaak" could be the situational aspect, but it's hardly appropriate right now :smallamused:

Anyway;
Round 3 Offense (Deceit) [roll0]+1
Round 3 Defense (Will) [roll1]+2

Toxic Mind
2015-02-06, 05:04 PM
Kat and Kele

"I was hoping you'd say that." Kele smiles again, and though it was still competitive, now there was a hint of amusement and just a bit of respect in there as well. "When you lose, I promise not to make you run naked through this dump, enjoyable a sight as it might be." Without another quip, Kele deals the cards and the game is on.

Defense: [roll0]+3
Offense: [roll1]+2

Desril
2015-02-06, 07:14 PM
Kat and Kele

Smirking, clearly amused at Kele's response and glad to be seemingly hitting it off so well. She puts on a playful tone while obviously feigning disappointment as she draws her cards. "Aw, pity, since you've made that promise, I'd feel bad if I did that to you now. Guess we'll have to play that game some other time."

"Seems like victory is mine again. Shall we go another round, or focus our efforts on finding whoever wanted us here?"

Toxic Mind
2015-02-06, 07:18 PM
Kat and Kele

Kele laughs, and puts up her hands in a gesture of mock surrender. You've taken enough from me, and I have little interest in losing more. The victory is yours, for now. she says, placing the cards down.

Henry the 57th
2015-02-07, 01:39 AM
Adalric Dooku

Adalric was, as was his habit, fashionably late to the party, though he couldn't have known it. Dressed somewhat down from usual shimmersilk clothing, his dark tunic, pants, and polished boots were still rather upscale for the environment. A sword and pistol hung openly on his belt, both of evident high quality. His blue eyes darted about rather suspiciously, seeking out this alleged contact he was here to meet. An opportunity to redeem the black mark his cousin had left on the family name couldn't be missed, after all.

It wasn't long before his gaze fell on a familiar face. "Ah," he said, walking towards a certain somone he knew. "Kat, how have you been?" he asked the Miraluka. "And..." his gaze fell on the red-skinned women, just the slightest flicker of hesitation marring his expression for a fraction of a second. "Who's your friend?" he asked politely.

Desril
2015-02-07, 01:56 AM
Kat

Recognizing the man as the one she'd helped in taking down a slaver operation, Kat smiles at Adalric as she puts away her cards, "Well enough, and better now that I've forced my friend Kele here to concede in our little game. What about you? I haven't seen you since getting you those slavers' location, what brings you to a cesspool like this?"

While she makes with the idle pleasantries, however, her mind goes elsewhere. The woman who I saved from my old master, and now the man who I helped in taking down a slave ring. One of them alone, perhaps just random chance. Both? This is either the Will of the Force, or the will of whoever arranged this meeting.

"Actually, answer this instead. I'm getting suspicious now. Are you here looking for someone who says that they will be at an empty booth?"

Henry the 57th
2015-02-07, 02:20 AM
Adalric

The blond-haired human looked at the Miraluka questioningly. "Yes, actually, I am. I have information suggesting that a lead of some importance to me can be found there. What brings you to these parts? A similar piece of knowledge?"

Desril
2015-02-07, 02:27 AM
Kat

The white haired miraluka nods her head in response, "Something like that. A friend of mine," she moves her head to face Kele, a move she practiced from time to time since the other races had a bad habit of being unable to figure out who she was referring to if she didn't, "You might have seen him when we first met, got a message from someone requesting to meet me. It spooked him, and whoever it was knows about what happened the night we met." Turning back to the human she continues, "I was concerned, since my friend doesn't spook easily, thought I should check into it. Looks like whoever this is has quite a lot of pull to get in touch with all three of us. I wonder what they want though? And why us?"

Toxic Mind
2015-02-07, 02:59 AM
"Our contact addressed me in a language spoken by only a handful beyond myself in the entire galaxy. Whoever they are, they have great power, and great depth. We should be wary. This could be a trap." Kele looks over the blond human. He was handsome enough, and there was an aura of power about him, but it was power restrained. An aura she had become familiar with. The aura of a Jedi. Yet possibly more interesting was the lack of such an aura around Kat. Whatever the outcome of this meeting, the day had certainly grown more interesting for Kele.

Thundercracker
2015-02-07, 08:57 AM
Darren Korr

Having made his circuit about the room with nothing but part of a spilled drink on his trousers for his effort, Darren stopped at the bar and ordered a drink, when across the bar, sitting in a booth, he spotted the red skinned woman who'd wanted to "meet" with Neeba the Rodian. And she was sitting with, of all things, a Miraluka, and talking to what looked like a fop with an honest to goodness dueling sword strapped to his waist. He'd seen a lot of strange things around the galaxy, and while this was not the strangest, it was definitely up there.

Darren paid for and sipped his drink, quietly watching the trio out of the corner of his eye while casting his gaze about the rest of the room. His contact had to be here somewhere, probably watching him right now...

Space Lawyer
2015-02-07, 02:08 PM
Lena

Another sweep of the room identifies a newcomer, one known to Lena. She floats over to the table around which Adalric and the others had congregated, her metallic bulk pushing the crowd aside.

"Adalric. Interesting to see you in this dingy bar on the slummiest moon around. What are you for, and who are these people?"

Henry the 57th
2015-02-07, 02:31 PM
Adalric

"At a guess," the sharply-dressed man says, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "I would speculate we have been lured here for some kind of collective proposal." He looks around a bit warily. "Or else, as your red-skinned friend suggests, this is a trap, and someone means to kill us here. Our bodies might never be discovered," he muses. "This is Nar Shaddaa, after all."

A uncomfortably familiar droid floats in behind him, and Adalric glances at her. "Ah, Lena. Didn't expect to see you here. I take it you have also been told to come here and seek out someone with a free booth?"

Space Lawyer
2015-02-07, 02:35 PM
Lena

"That is correct. I was contacted through a method that was both unusual and unlikely, and demonstrated a high degree of technical knowledge on the sender's part. Your question indicates that the same sort of thing has happened to everyone gathered around this table."

Toxic Mind
2015-02-07, 06:50 PM
"They will not find me so easy prey, I think, if that is there intent." Kele says to Adalric before the droid approaches. She takes note of each of the introductions. Adalric and Lena she thinks to herself, preserving the name in memory. The droid was odd. A maintenance droid, this far from a starship, and in a bar of all places? The day was certainly interesting. But it didn't matter. If someone could find all of these people in unique ways and bring them all here, they could be a valuable asset in taking down Polo's Cartel. She would see this through, even work with a Jedi, if only to get closer to that goal.

LordHavelock
2015-02-10, 01:01 AM
It's a moment or two after Lena has joined the now slightly undersized table (with only chairs enough for Darren, Kat, and Kele so far) that another presence makes itself known, somehow having managed to sidle up between the Miraluka and Massassi whilst their attention was on the young lord Dooku and his maintenance droid. Now resting her elbows on the table and leaning forward at a provocative angle and beaming at all assembled is a woman so outrageous in her appearance it's a wonder every eye in the cantina isn't already on her. Though dressed mundanely enough, and apparently human at first glance, her skin is too perfect a hue of fuchsia, and the violet cascades of her hair shimmer with highlights that only a near-human ancestry (or an outrageous expenditure on cosmetic surgery) could accomplish. Taken with the flawlessly dazzling smile and way she fills out the tunic, vest, and bantha-hide breeches would lead anyone familiar with the more decadent regions of the inner rim to mark her as a Zeltron.

"Glad you were all able to find a table here." Begins the mysterious woman, apparently perfectly at ease and totally unconcerned with any suspicion that might be directed towards her. "Prime location for what I have in mind," She notes, glancing around approvingly, "But not quite enough chairs or space in the mean time. We should be able to fix that though . . . ah!" Her gaze falls on a figure clearing a path through the bodies as easily it lifts a table in one fur-clad arm and a stack of chairs in the other. The towering wookie deposits both so that Adalric, Darren, and Lena now have plenty of room to stand or sit around the new amalgam of table space, before depositing the last chair behind the buxom woman and stiffly, but politely assisting moving it into to place for her to sit. "Now then, my name is Januus Vaelt, and as you've probably guessed, I'm the one who brought you all together here. This is my bodyguard, Makaary'yn." Januus says, indicating the Wookie who has now taken up a protective stance just behind and to her left, crossing his huge furry arms, while the Vaelt manages to make even the guttural Wookie dialect sound sonorous.

"Now, there's no reason for anyone to be alarmed. In fact, if all goes well, I'll even have a vested interest in making sure authorities (legitimate or otherwise), have no idea who any of you are or where you can be found. See, I do business with a lot of diverse parties here on Nar Shaddaa, and to do that I have to maintain a certain neutrality and cordiality," She winks at no one in particular, ". . . with the powers that be. What kind of business is that, you ask? I'm a fixer; I fix people's problems. They don't ask how, I don't ask why, and everybody comes out ahead. A lot of it is just getting my clients in touch with the right individual to handle the particulars of whatever they've come to me with, and right now, my client needs you. All of you, most of you, whoever wants to see me make good on those choice bits of information I promised you, and get percentage on top. Any questions so far?"

Januus looks expectantly at the group assembled, her sapphire blue eyes shining like it's the most natural topic of conversation in the world to be taken on as deniable assets for whatever shadowy client she happens to be representing. There's no clear hostility coming off of her (just the opposite in fact) and yet no one else in the cantina seems to have taken notice still. The same cannot be said for Makaary'yn, who not only still has a few odd stares from those he shoved out of the way to bring over the table and chairs, but the dark gaze of wookie is icy as he stares out from past the charcoal and gray banded fur of his slightly unkempt mane.

Thundercracker
2015-02-10, 10:12 AM
Darren Korr

"Well, now, this is shaping up to be my kind of party," Darren thought to himself as the Zeltron appeared. He hefted his drink and made his way over to the table.

"Say, fancy meeting you here," Darren said, sliding around the wookie and sidling up next to Kele, "I trust everything went well with our eh... mutual friend?"

Desril
2015-02-10, 10:37 AM
Kat

Fighting the blush that involuntarily spread across her face as the Zeltron settled in so uncomfortably close, or at least, close enough that it should have been uncomfortable for Kat. Focus, it's just what her kind are like, she tells herself, not entirely buying it.

Though distracted by such thoughts, it doesn't prevent Kat from paying attention to Januus' words. Quickly processing it all, she decides that, even if she can't entirely trust this woman, working outside the law could be entertaining. I've never been a professional criminal before. Could be fun.

When their energetic host ask if there are questions, however, Kat finally notices what's odd about the situation and expands her sight, looking to see just why nobody else in the bar seems to notice the beautiful Zeltron while giving an answer. "I've only got one question. You obviously know a great deal of information about all of us. How did you get it?"

Is she using some sort of Force SEP field to go unnoticed? Or is it more mundane?

Miraluka Roll [roll0]+2

Toxic Mind
2015-02-10, 01:03 PM
Kele

Kele nods her greeting to Darren, and smiles, showing her teeth. She won't be bothering anyone anymore. She was most forthcoming with the information I required, with a little persuasion.

Kele smiles toothily at the Zeltron woman. No blush on her cheeks, not that one could see it anyways, just a hunger in her expression, like a lion with a rack of lamb being paraded before it. Speaking of running naked through the bar... she thinks to herself. The woman was drop dead gorgeous, and Kele could appreciate that. "Well I'm in. Weems to me that a person of your means would have a great deal of information I could use. Assuming that we prove ourselves capable of course." Kele knew that the others would likely ask her questions for her, and if not she could always speak up later. With this line of work, there was always the possibility of betrayal, but Kele figured that if this woman knew anything about her, that possibility was already halfway off the table.

She turns back to the woman when the conversation lulls. "So you'll be working with us, then? I can't imagine you would just trust a group you barely met with matters of such importance." Her tone made it clear that it was not so much the oversight, but her presence that Kele looked forward to.

Space Lawyer
2015-02-10, 01:24 PM
Lena

The body temperature fluctuations, rising hormonal levels, and pheromone releases of various species indicated to Lena that the Zeltron that called herself Januus Vaelt (Lena had long ago learned to simply assume types like her were lying about their actual names) was considered an attractive specimen. A database search on Zeltrons confirmed this likelihood. They seemed to possess the same frailties as most near-Human species, though the enhanced metabolism and secondary liver was an enhancement over the basic human that Lena could appreciate. It wasn't as sensible as the Arkanian's approach, of course, but if an organic was going to remain so attached to their form, it might as well be a useful one.

The Massassi female (Lena's analysis protested at this species conclusion, but presented it as the only viable solution nonetheless) seemed to have an odd expression. Her biochemistry indicated a substantial degree of sexual arousal, yet she presented in a self-deprecating manner, intimating that it was possible that the assembled group would not prove capable, and that the Zeltron's matters were of such great importance that they could not necessarily be trusted to the group. Standard behavioral patterns would indicate an attempt by the Massassi female to impress Januus by claiming great prowess, to indicate a genetic superiority that would be desirable in passing on to offspring. Lena simply filed it away as another organic paradox. Her questions though, along with those of the Miraluka, were sensible.

Lena adds a query of her own. "How are we to be compensated for our services?"

Thundercracker
2015-02-10, 07:18 PM
Darren Korr

"Oh, I'm sorry, am I intruding?" Darren asked.

"Care to introduce me to your friends?" he said to Kele as he glanced around the group, his gaze lasting a fraction of a second longer on the Zeltron than on the others.

Toxic Mind
2015-02-10, 08:26 PM
"Our potential employer, Januus Vaelt" Kele says, waving a hand toward the Zeltron woman. "Kathleen Marr, who I can personally say is handy with a lightsaber and more skilled at cards." Kele says of the Miraluka. "These two are Adalric and Lena, respectively." Kele says of the other man and the droid, gesturing to each in turn.

"This is Darren Korr, a man with contacts just about everywhere, and the grudges to match those contacts... also just about everywhere." Kele says to the group, a dry smirk on her face.

Henry the 57th
2015-02-11, 12:27 AM
Adalric

The blonde human stays silent during the brief interaction between Lena and Kele. Then, suddenly and without notice, his senses are assailed by a flood of hormones. The world seems to slow around him as his body is involuntarily kicked into a far more sensual state, heralding the arrival of a member of an alien race that the nobleman has had more than a little experience with. As the actual Zeltron shows herself and rather cheekily scoots her way into the booth, Adalric evaluates her.

Eh, he thinks with a mental shrug. I've had better.

Dooku again holds his tongue as he listens to her brief explanation, followed by observing the reactions of his new fellows. As expected, Lena shows the least effects. For his own part, Adalric's body language remains mostly unchanged due to... previous experience with females of the species. Once the others have had a crack at questioning, he adds his own to the mix.

"Just one question," he says, hands folded levelly across his lap. "Who is this client of yours? I'm particular in whom I associate with."

Thundercracker
2015-02-11, 07:22 AM
Darren Korr

"Ah, yes, correct on one count and the other is open for debate," Darren said, "but what is not up for debate is how I am always eager to make new acquaintances."

Darren gives the group a lopsided grin.

"Pleasure to meet all of you," he added, before falling quiet as Adalric spoke up.

LordHavelock
2015-02-12, 07:11 PM
Januus gives each member around the table their due consideration before replying, taking the time and opportunity to recline backwards in her chair, somewhat more luxuriously than the pre-fab piece of furniture might appear to allow as she tilts it slightly back on it's hind legs. Kele, clearly one of the more earnest parties at the table, receives a wink and a shrug, "Sorry, but I don't exactly get my own hands dirty, and the reason for that is twofold," She replies, directing her attention now to Desril and Adalric in turn, "For one, this work requires a kind of discretion which can only be accomplished through compartmentalization," Januus' flirtatious tone remains, but there's a gleam now in her eye which suggests a new zeal for the topic at hand, "Nobody knows everything and so, nobody is in a position to ruin anyone else's good time. My client is my client, Master Dooku, you're associating yourself with me, and more pertinently, the other individuals around this table, no one else. That's the point; whether you succeed or fail, I, and by extension my client maintain a degree of deniability. You needn't concern yourself though, I wouldn't have reached out to you if the work wasn't something I believe you could find yourself comfortable with. As for the how and why of the information regarding all of you . . ." Januus trails of a moment, bringing her attention back around to Kele for the moment.

"That's the second matter, and why individuals come to me in the first place. I collect information, I use it to the benefit of my clients without extorting or exploiting anyone, which is why they trust me, and why I'm able to get more. All of you have trails which have led you to this point, and some of you have done a better job of hiding them than most. The important bit is that you can trust me a least as much as my client's do, to fix your problems, however I can. Plus," she glances at Lena, "A share of my fee, redeemable in credits, spice, Makaary'yn's home cooking, or ingots in the precious metal of your choice."

"Still though, trust takes time, and the first thing I need to be able to trust you all with is that you can handle yourselves, and I won't have to babysit the legwork of the job at hand. To that matter, I've arranged for a sort of trial-period. If you pass, and prove you can work for me, as well as with each other, we all get paid. If not, I'll find someone else who can and relay the information I promised to each of you as a favor. I'm sure everyone will take it as a courtesy if I don't discuss the particulars of that now, in public."

Toxic Mind
2015-02-13, 09:27 AM
Kele

She is, of course, still wearing her hood covering her face, leaving almost everything not her mouth in shadow. "You know who it is that I'm after." It is a statement, not a question. "If that filth was once a client of yours, and you feel it is neccessary to protect them, you should tell me now. I know where this journey ends." All traces and remnants of flirtatious humor are gone, and for the first time, those at the table realize that the Kele that talked before, the gung-ho ready for anything charmer, is gone, and whatever took its place is very dangerous indeed. The voice was of one who had killed in the past, and was planning very much on doing the same hing in the future if needed. "I would also expect that, once we become partners, you would do me the courtesy of warning me if you had to sell my location to another client. If those things are understood, then we do, in truth, have a bargain."

Space Lawyer
2015-02-13, 09:52 AM
Lena

"Your proposition is acceptable."

For Lena, it was less an issue of acceptability than a lack of choice. She had expended the greater part of her resources simply getting to Nar Shadda, and this individual was offering a job that seemed both lucrative and interesting. Additionally, she had seen evidence of Dooku's competence, and it was probable that the assembled group was of equal capability. This created its own likelihoods of the successful completion of the task.

With her only options seeming to be heading out of here and hoping for a job that didn't end up with her being fitted with slave circuitry or taking this offer, the choice was clear.

Thundercracker
2015-02-13, 10:09 AM
Darren Korr

Darren leaned back in his seat and folded his arms, deep in thought.
"It seems you've left yourself out of the list of people who don't know everything," he replied.
He chewed on his lip in thought.
"I'm agreeing with Kele," he said, "what guarantee do we have you'll let us know before you decide to sell us out to save yourself?"
"I mean, if it comes to that," he added, raising both hands as if to say 'no offense'.

Desril
2015-02-13, 04:29 PM
Kat

For her part, the Miraluka did agree with Kele's assessment and wanted the same confirmation. If not for the Sith asking she might not have considered the questions however, so distracted was she by the Zeltron's almost intoxicating presence. Though Kele's sudden change in demeanor didn't come as too much of a shock to the ex-Sith even while she was debating saying something flirty to Januus. Sudden shifts in mood were something she was all too accustomed to. It takes a force of will to snap Kat back to her proper senses and review her situation objectively. I've no where else to turn right now and nothing in particular to do anyway. A little work for her could be fun, and I can handle any complications that might arise.

"I agree with Kele," she says while facing Januus with a sly smile, "the courtesy of informing me if you have to sell me out would be appreciated. But otherwise I can accept your terms. What will we be doing over this 'trial-period'?"

LordHavelock
2015-02-17, 03:14 PM
Januus is nonplussed by Kele's shift in tone, but the wookie behind her steps forward, climbing claws flexing just far enough forward to make themselves seen before being retracted again and a more relaxed stance assumed. "That's as fair a deal as any I've made." She admits, her more professional frame of mind apparently still at the fore, "I was planning on monitoring any investigations or inquiries made by others towards you lot, and keeping you informed, so I'll put myself in that category as well. Anyone makes an offer to me to get information on any of you, and I'll run it by you. Depending on how good an offer it is I might not be able to say 'no', but you'll at least get the chance to make a counter offer or negotiate exactly whatever information they're asking for is worth, or maybe buy a little about them in return, make sure you're prepared. Remember, a big part of what I'm offering is deniability, so anyone comes to me on a whim and asks me what I know, I'm not about to sell them the full story for my own sake as well as yours."

Januus leans forward once more, and glances towards the door. "Not like we can exactly put this all in writing for the same reason, but in the interest of honoring that arrangement, starting now, I'll tell you the trial period I have in mind will be starting shortly. See, I need you all to get yourselves a ship; there's work which will need to be done in around the system and it's better for everyone if you're not having to worry about chartering shuttle services involved. It'll establish credibility too, and not just that you have the resources to get the job done, but how you came by that ship in the first place. Consider it a test of your abilities and a way to get your foot in the door at the same time." Putting one hand up in the air in a placating sort of fashion, Januus slowly retrieves a datapad from within her vest, depositing it on a table and activating it to reveal a rudimentary holodisplay of a space station. "Nar Shadaa's own Orbital Impound Station; The brain child of some idealistic government functionary who thought the right project would really help Nar Shadaa on the road to recovery from the entrenched corruption and crime. That is, till that very crime and corruption seized on the project and turned it into a particular gem of exploitation. The facility itself is secure, largely automated, but the sentients actually running it are as corrupt as they come, and it's something of a jewel in the crown of whatever syndicate can happen to pay the best to control the facility: get their ships out, make sure their rivals ships stay locked up, not to mention all the contraband they get to "confiscate". Real sweet operation, and you guys are going to prove it's not an inviolable one. You'll need to do some legwork to get a real readout of the facility, that ones little more than an exterior scan, find yourselves a likely ship amongst the impound docket, get yourselves inside and get out in one piece. Think you can handle it?"

Toxic Mind
2015-02-17, 03:47 PM
"I don't much like gangsters and thugs. I will take great pleasure in hampering this aspect of their operations." Kele says as way of her acceptance. Januus' response is apparently satisfactory enough that she makes no further mention of it.

Space Lawyer
2015-02-17, 04:28 PM
Lena

"This is an agreeable task. It will not be the first time I have stolen a ship." Remembering her prior experiences with the 12 Comet Crew, she adds "Is there at acceptable level of casualties we should be aware of?"

LordHavelock
2015-02-17, 04:52 PM
Lena

"This is an agreeable task. It will not be the first time I have stolen a ship." Remembering her prior experiences with the 12 Comet Crew, she adds "Is there at acceptable level of casualties we should be aware of?"

Lena's casual mention of a body count is the first thing to crack the masque of calm allure which Januus has been wearing so far. The zeltron can't quite hide a slight cringe in LE-33's direction but tries to cover it up with her previous beguiling facade, "A big body count isn't going to impress anyone and only earn everyone at the table a death mark sooner rather than later. Notoriety and infamy aren't what I'm looking to garner here, it's respect and professionalism, and believe you me, pulling off a stunt like this without killing anybody would look a lot more impressive to anyone and everyone who might be watching. That said . . . just try not to kill anyone too important, most of the dredges and thugs you're like to run in to are seen as dispensable by their superiors. Much like yourselves from certain perspective (not mine, yet) if that might instill in you a little more camaraderie."

That last bit of dialogue will prompt a Skill Check and contest for anyone who thinks the can get more out of Januus.

Desril
2015-02-17, 06:28 PM
Kat

The Miraluka looks almost, but not quite, visible relieved at Januus' reaction to Lena's rather...direct question. Leave it to a droid to ask the question nobody else wanted to, I suppose. Still, I'd rather not kill anyone unnecessarily.

"Good, if it'll be more impressive to whoever we're trying to impress, I'd rather not have to kill anyone we don't have to. I don't really care what happens to the gangsters on this place, but I'm not going to murder someone just because it's more convenient when there's an easy enough alternative. But I'm curious, who might be watching?"

Opposed...Miraluka? [roll0]+2

Thundercracker
2015-02-17, 07:17 PM
Darren Korr

Well well well, this could be very interesting. Just so happens I'm in need of a ship after the recent... unfortunate series of events. Wonder if the Zeltron knows? Damn she's good looking...
Of course she knows, she wouldn't have contacted you to help steal a ship if you had one, dummy.

"Hey, sounds like an interesting job, right up my alley," Darren said, "what if we find the opportunity to acquire more than one ship? Take it or leave it?"

Henry the 57th
2015-02-18, 12:22 AM
"Who," Dooku asks in a skeptical tone. "Exactly are we supposed to be stealing from? There are more than a few syndicates here that do not take such things lightly."

It's been a while... what exactly do I need to roll to contest her?

LordHavelock
2015-02-18, 01:34 AM
"The Hutts and the Exchange are the two big players right now, and the Exchange has current control of the station, but the Hutts have done everything in their power to marginalize it. There's a few other syndicates which haven't decided one way or another, and you're sure to embarrass the Exchange if you can get away with a ship, but assuming that ship belongs to the Hutts or one of their rivals . . ." Januus shrugs, "You're not going to be able to please everyone here, you just let me handle the PR as it were."

"Although, regarding a few of those minor syndicates and players . . ." She trails off not the least bit ominously.

Any skill you think relevant to what you're trying to accomplish. Empathy or Provoke or Rapport would be apt for discovering an Aspect or setting one up with Januus. Notice or Investigate or Resources could be used on the scene at large as well.

Desril
2015-02-19, 04:51 PM
Kat

"Hutts and the Exchange, huh?" Kat can't help but grin a little, this little trip is turning out to be far more interesting and potentially profitable than she'd suspected. "Might as well get everyone's attention while we're there. Do the Exchange happen to have a Hutt ship locked down that we can steal?"

And maybe with a spare room for the two of us...-No, concentrate on the job, not her perfect--Stop. Clear your head Kat.

Space Lawyer
2015-02-21, 01:57 PM
Lena

"Does the Exchange happen to have a Hutt ship locked down that we can steal?"

Lena taps into the planetary network. Down here in the depths of Nar Shadda, the connection was awful, and Lena had to clear her way through numerous trapped links and false networks, but she finally managed to find a decent link. "I am looking at the publicly available information on ships currently on the station. Please wait a moment."

Not sure what the best thing to roll here is.

LordHavelock
2015-02-24, 05:28 AM
Januus's companion appears increasingly on edge as she listens to a few more questions, and after a less than casual glance around the bar, she stands up from the table and makes a show of dusting herself off. "Any further leg work is going to have to wait. You'll be able to contact me on this ID . . ." She produces a registration chip from somewhere, setting it on the table, "From any terminal or comm system. And in the interest of full disclosure as to when I might have sold you out, now seems as good a time as any to let you know, you can expect a bit of the local color that call themselves the Gun-Darks, which I'm sure they think is very original."

No sooner does she finish speaking than the door to the cantina bursts open and a trio of surly looking characters stroll through the door on the far side of the next room. Januus continues fairly casually, "See, their boss is convinced if only we met face to face he'd be able to persuade me of his good intentions and together we can conquer this planet or some such. Real nice guy for a megalomaniac, but suffice to say I let slip I'd be seen here to the right people and I'd consider it the first phase of your trial period to persuade them, and their boss, that my services and my person are out of his league." The crowds haven't dispersed at all but folks are beginning to sit up and take notice, including the poor sod of an alien tending bar, as he remarks what you don't have to have a universal translator to know is his species way of saying 'Not Again.'

Januus meanwhile has ducked more or less behind Makaary'yn, who remains immobile while the trio of goons in their gang colors fan out to take a survey of the tables and find Januus.

Thundercracker
2015-02-24, 06:54 AM
Darren Korr

"I don't suppose we could simply walk up and explain to them she's not interested," Darren quipped.

He paused.

"Matter of fact, I think that's exactly what I'm going to do," he said, "cover me."

He took a large swig of his drink, unhooked his blaster for ease of drawing, just in case, then sauntered over to the mean looking trio.

"Hey, I know who you're looking for, and she's not here," he said by way of opening, "and even if she was here, she's still not interested in meeting your boss, so why don't you just move along, and we can all get on with our lives."

deceive? [roll0]
Edit: Err, I think that should be -8, not -4, but +2 for deceive, so a grand total of +2.

Space Lawyer
2015-02-24, 10:27 AM
Lena

Sensing the approaching danger, Lena shifts into combat mode. Her programming had originally only provided for limited self-defense and restraint of potential saboteurs. However, a cannibalized combat droid core had substantially improved on these functions. Unfortunately, the radically different body shapes between Lena and the humanoid combat droid had meant that large portions of the programming had been unusable, but there was enough left that Lena now knew how to conduct herself in a fight.

All four arms emerge, two tipped in crushing grippers, and two ending in sparking prongs. Hopefully neither of these would have to switched out for the vibroblade claws; bloodshed tended to draw undesirable attention, and Lena's new employer seemed uncomfortable with killing. A top panel slides back, allowing four heavy blasters to emerge. The blasters were originally intended for mining, salvage, and construction, but beams capable of melting metal and rock were perfectly usable for combat. Lena had little intent of using the blasters, especially in such a crowded and confined space, but the intimidation value of four large barrels was substantial.

Lena floats up and over the crowd, coming down behind Darren. There was no need for her to speak. Let the gangers think her nothing more than a heavily-armed combat droid; sentients always seemed uncomfortable with idea of killing machine. She scans the gangers, looking for anything unusual. Well, more unusual than a bunch of gangers on the lower levels of Nar Shadda were habitually.

Attempting to create an advantage with Notice. Incorporating "Advanced Sensors" stunt, allowing for special sensory abilities.
[roll0] +2
Possible Advantages
Large angry patrons
Non-working blasters
Shoddy armor
Nervous behavior (one of the gangers clearly doesn't want to be there)

Toxic Mind
2015-02-24, 11:48 AM
As the thugs appear and Darren makes his way to them, followed shortly by the droid, Kele stands without a sound, her black robes whispering softly as they reform to her standing. The hood remains up, still leaving her face in shadow. Darren and LENA's approach is not shared by the Sith. Rather, she moves to block the thug's vision of Januus with her body. "You should leave before they notice you. Our victory here will be meaningless, these are simply hired muscle." she says, gesturing towards the back door into the alley behind the bar.

[roll0] +2 Stealth
Create Advantage:
Lost Target
"Where'd she go?"

Desril
2015-02-24, 11:18 PM
Kat

Silently cursing herself for not moving into that position before Kele could, Kat instead stays sitting down, expanding her senses to be on the look out for any other trouble that may be sneaking up on them while the three goons draw everyone's attention.

I'm sure they can handle those mooks, and I'd rather not let our lovely employer get shanked in the back while we're looking the other way.

Miraluka to check the bar for other dangers than the three obvious ones. [roll0]+2

LordHavelock
2015-02-26, 10:20 PM
Darren's approach of the gang members immediately draws the attention of the other two who had just begun to sweep the rest of the cantina, as they nervously reach for scarcely concealed weapons on their persons. The lead man, a human with a shock of unnaturally yellow hair parted over his head in a stylized wave and with several piercings along the left side of his face looks initially aggressive, but as Darren starts talking, grows increasingly confused until he looks Positively Flummoxed, and can only muster a few half-hearted interrogatives: 'Wha- . . . who? Huh?" The pair who came with him are equally unsure, looking first to him, then one another, then at Darren, Lena and back to one another, apparently without any conclusion about what their next step should be. Lena meanwhile notices that the ganger's aggressive stance in entering the bar has drawn that attention of another table of colorful individuals, muttering to one another and handling weapons of their own; apparently the Gun-Darks have at least a few Rival Gangers in attendance at the cantina.

Jannuus meanwhile seems most grateful for the cover provided by her bodyguards and has all but faded from sight just as she had before sidling up to your table to begin with. She makes no move towards an exit however, apparently waiting for some word from the rest of the agents she has assembled. A good move, it would seem, as Kat is able to sense the presence of at least a dozen more Gun-Darks gathering in the alley just outside the Cantina's rear entrance, and coming through the kitchen as well.

Scene Aspects-
Haphazard Floorplan
Crowd Cover
Rival Gangers: 1 Free Invoke for Lena

Gun-Dark Gangers:
Positively Flummoxed: 1 Free Invoke for Darren

Januus:
Where'd She Go?: 1 Free Invoke for Kele (which you can transfer to Januus if you like).

Zones & Groups-
Inside the Bar:

PCs
Januus & Bodyguard
3 Gun-Dark Gangers

Outside:

3 Gun-Dark Gangers (Kitchen)
6 Gun-Dark Gangers (Alleyway)
3 Gun-Dark Gangers (Street)

Desril
2015-02-26, 11:09 PM
Kat

Grinning as she detects the near dozen other Gun Dark Gangsters covering the various exits, Kat tries her best not to look too excited about the fight, given that they won't be any trouble for her, Kele, or Adalric, not counting what the rest of this group could possibly do. Still, it could be fun, and I should be able to make a good impression this way.

Sliding up from the table, the Miraluka casually moves over to Januus, trying not to draw attention to the beautiful Zeltron as she swiftly undoes her belt and hands it to their employer, whispering, "Put this on, activate it, and follow me. There are more of them in the kitchen and in the alleyway out back. Nothing I can't handle, so I'll keep them busy and when they're focused on me, you sneak out. He might object, but Makaary'yn can meet up with you later. He'll draw too much attention if he comes with us, and as long as he's here, no one will be looking for you anywhere else." Turning her head slighly to Kele, "If it comes to blows, make it flashy. The more attention you draw in here the better."

That accomplished, the Miraluka turns away and starts to make for the back alley, doing her best to dodge and weave through the crowd.

Create Advantage for Januus with Stealth [roll0]+1

Move Zones to the Alley with Acrobatics [roll1]+3

Toxic Mind
2015-02-27, 11:46 AM
Kele

As Kat begins leading her away, Kele turns to Januus "They haven't seen you yet, don't give them any cause." [Transfer Invoke "Where'd She Go"] She moves towards the back as well, hoping that Darren and Lena can handle the ones in the bar. To Kat, she whispers "I'll lead, and create a distraction for you. Don't fight unless its absolutely necessary. Stealth is our best ally. You are the only one I am sure can protect her. I've seen you fight." Kele slips ahead of the pair, heading towards the alley door, light-saber in hand, though hidden under her cloak.

The crowd is no obstacle, and despite her long robes, she slips effortlessly through them. She reaches the alley door ahead of Kat and Januus and opens it to reveal the six gangers arrayed for an ambush. Without a moment's hesitation, she whirls and extends her arms, willing the force into the heavy door. She rips it off its hinges and sends it flying at the gangers, hoping to take a few of them by surprise.

Athletics:[roll0]+5

Thundercracker
2015-02-28, 08:03 PM
Darren Korr

Seeing their adversaries confused by his babbling, Darren decided to seize the opportunity and he glanced up at the ceiling.

"What the-" he said, causing the gangers' eyes to follow his line of sight. As they instinctively glanced up, his hand moved independently to his trusty blaster pistol, tilting it and firing from the hip, taking the gangers by surprise.

invoking positively flummoxed for +2, shoot first ask questions later stunt for an additional +2, shoot +4
[roll0]+8
Let me know if I did something wrong.

Henry the 57th
2015-03-01, 04:36 AM
Adalric, in little mood to play games, simply draws his sword and takes a lunging stab at the nearest thug.

Fight:[roll0]+4

Space Lawyer
2015-03-03, 09:35 AM
Lena turns her speakers up to 11 for maximum audibility. "The Gun-Darks are shooting at us! They're here to kill us all! Get them!"

Not the most eloquent phrasing, but the grasp of many of the bar's patrons on Basic was suspect, and it seemed to get the job done.

Invoking Rival Gangers to cause chaos and get this fight started for real.

LordHavelock
2015-03-06, 06:15 PM
Januus nods appreciatively to Kat and Kele in turn, slipping the stealth field generator from the Miraluka around her waist and activating it as the pair of saber armed individuals part a path through the crowd for her, and her wookie body guard provides a screen behind her. Whether the Gun-darks would have been able to follow the stealthy exit or not, Darren's lightning fast draw has the first ganger down before he even realizes what's happening, and his two compatriots have only time to look at one another and then reach for their own weapons, before the smuggler is downs the pair of them with another two well aimed shots. Those in the kitchen hear the blaster fire and are about to move in to assist their fellows, when the sudden appearance of Adalric, sword in hand and cloak swirling like some living romance-holo is upon them, running through the first of their number, giving the second just enough time to bring up a stun baton in his own defense.

Lena's declaration has the whole cantina's attention in moments, and when another four gangers attempt to burst through the door and windows after their comrades, they find not only the droid and Darren, but the rest of the bar with blasters and blades, and many more makeshift weapons in hand. A strangled cry of 'No Blasters!' is drowned out over the sudden eruption of violence as the whole of the cantina begins a very aggressive campaign of "self-defense".

As Kele exits the alley, she's confronted by six more of the Gun-darks looking very much concerned and angry that the violence has already begun, and now with a target of their own, they are completely oblivious of Januus as she slips past and down towards the street beneath her personal cloaking field.

Kat is not so lucky however, as while the crowd parts easily enough, a pair of Gammoreans (not wearing any gang colors) involved in what looks to be a more personal disagreement crash in to her, and the miraluka winds up wearing a copious amount of the sour smelling ale the two aliens had been drinking.

Scene Aspects-
Haphazard Floorplan
Crowd Cover
Bedlam Brawl!

Januus:
Where'd She Go?:

Zones & Groups-
Inside the Bar:

Darren, Kat, Lena
Makaary'yn
4 Gun-Dark Gangers

Outside:

Kele, Januus (Alleyway)
Adalric (Kitchen)
2 Gun-Dark Gangers (Kitchen)
4 Gun-Dark Gangers (Alleyway)

Thundercracker
2015-03-06, 08:19 PM
Darren Korr

Darren didn't waste any time admiring his handiwork. No sooner had the third shot left the barrel of his blaster than he was against the bar bracing for his next attack, and ready to roll over the bar if he needed to take cover. His head was a swivel as he quickly he counted up the threats...

Four coming in through windows (this was an ambush), the rest of the bar will take care of them, thank you droid-thing.
Kele heading out the front door... I know she's handy with that laser blade damn that's a lot of gangers.
The fop is facing off against three, now two... with a sword? (A sword? Really?)
The miraluka... uh oh.

Darren spotted Kat facing off against four unhappy looking gammoreans, but his attention was torn between that and the commotion from outside the bar.

If Kat takes the consequence and fights the gammoreans, Darren will blast the gammoreans.
If Kat does not take the consequence, Darren will blast the Gun-Darks in the alley, one zone away.

The unnamed boost from last round I'm going to call breathing room, and invoke that on this attack to reflect the extra time Darren can take to aim, due to having cleared some space by downing three opponents last round.
shoot: [roll0] -8, +4 shoot, +2 breathing room, maybe +2 shoot first, ask questions later if the gammoreans or outside gun-darks have not acted yet.

Desril
2015-03-06, 10:44 PM
Kat

Finding herself suddenly covered in something foul enough to almost intoxicate her from the smell alone, Kat pauses in her efforts to safely escort Januus outside, trusting the stealth field generator and Kele to handle that as she turns to face the clumsy drunkards. "You clumsy bastards are lucky I don't have time for this," she states indelicately, too irritated by the feeling of wet robes and the overpowering scent of gammorean ale. What would Januus think if she saw me like this? Suppressing that thought with a quick shake of the head, she stares defiantly toward the largest of the group and, with a subtle wave of her hand, uses the Force to throw the nearest opened bottle at the back of his head, Hopefully he's as dumb as he looks and blindly starts swinging in this bedlam brawl so I can catch up to Januus.

Using Project to throw a beer bottle at the back of the largest of the group's head [roll0] (I'm not sure if this would be an attack or trying to create an advantage...I guess an Attack since I'm using an invoke to cause the next effect?)

Invoking Bedlam Brawl! to get the gamorrean I hit to pick a fight with whoever's immediately behind him, preferably a member of his little group.

Henry the 57th
2015-03-08, 02:45 PM
Adalric sniffs rather disdainfully at the ease with which the first of the Gun-Dark gangers fell. Plucking his cortosis blade easily from the man's body, he puts one hand behind his back and twirls the bloody blade in an elegant gesture of challenge. "Come on then," he says. "We'll make this a little bit fairer and go for two on one. Have at you!" He allows the second ganger time to draw his weapon before wading right back into melee.

Fight: [roll0]+4

Toxic Mind
2015-03-10, 09:55 AM
Kele

The door whips around and takes out two of the thugs who drop instantly as the heavy piece of steel smashes into them. Pathetic Kele thinks to herself. These are meant to be the greatest challenge they can offer?

Kele puts away her lightsaber. "Well? Come on then. Afraid to fight a woman?" she says, her voice taunting, as she runs in, fists swinging.

[roll0]+3

LordHavelock
2015-03-14, 03:25 PM
With a swift turn and appraisal of the situation, Darren identify's the new threat of the Gammoreans accosting Kat and using the breathing room his quick blaster work has earned him cooly draws a bead on their their team. Almost at the same time, Kat's subtle use of the Force gets the two nearest Gamoreans to start swinging at each other, turning their attention from her entirely, while Darren seizes the opportunity to gun down the other pair packing them up. The hulking porcine aliens collapse in to one another from the well placed blaster shots and the other pair make a hasty retreat, squealing as they go.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, the Gun-Darks with their stun batons glance at one another, unsure of what to make of Adalric's flowery speech, but still sure enough of themselves and their orders to come at him head on. The Force adept nobleman is easily able to deflect the attention of the first, using the flat of his blade to deliver a quick and demeaning blow to his forearm, leaving him in a stunned stand still. The second one comes around, attempting to seize the opportunity, but Adalric is ready for him and dispatches the ganger with relative ease.

Outside, Januus has pressed herself flat to the alley wall, just past an intervening waste compactor, and well out of harms way for the moment, while Kele proceeds to take on the blaster and baton armed thugs bare fisted. Wading in, she deflects several clumsy attempts at stunning her with bone jarring impacts to her opponents unarmored joints and limbs, keeping her foes off balance and unable to get a clear shot in the swirling melee. They remain on their feet however, and it isn't long before she finds herself surrounded.

Scene Aspects-
Haphazard Floorplan
Crowd Cover
Bedlam Brawl!

Januus:
Where'd She Go?:

Zones & Groups-
Inside the Bar:

Darren, Kat, Lena
Makaary'yn
4 Gun-Dark Gangers

Outside:

Kele, Januus (Alleyway)
Adalric (Kitchen)
1 Gun-Dark Ganger (Kitchen)
4 Gun-Dark Gangers (Alleyway)

Space Lawyer
2015-03-14, 09:36 PM
Apparently, being in the midst of a hostile and armed crowd wasn't enough to deter the Gun-Darks. It was always difficult to tell the difference between courage and stupidity in organics, but a lack of a pervasive sense of self-preservation seemed to be a requirement for joining a Nar Shaddan gang.

It seemed a more physical display was necessary. Large heavy objects flying through the air would likely produce the desired effect. To that end, Lena picks up the largest, heaviest table she can find, yanks it off the ground, and flings it at the gangers.

Might, to lift the table [roll0]
Shoot? To throw the table [roll1]

Toxic Mind
2015-03-14, 10:49 PM
As the fight progresses, Kele revels. She dances around blows and hits, and never takes punishment without dealing back twice as much. Each move is careful, calculated, and yet utterly wild. It is pure bliss to immerse herself in the fight in a way that she had not done since she had met her mentor. Finally, some fun she thinks as she goes on the offensive once more. There is no thought of threat or fear of harm, only the heat of battle, and the feel of weak flesh giving way beneath her fists.

She can sense Januus nearby. She wondered now what kind of woman their employer was. Would she spurn Kele for what she saw here today, or would the fires of battle take root within her heart as well. The passion of war translated so easily to passion of another variety.

Defend: Athletics
[roll0]
Attack: Fight
[roll1]
Boost: Finally, Some Fun (+2 Fight)

Thundercracker
2015-03-15, 07:40 AM
Darren took a quick look around the bar. The swordsman seemed to have things well in hand, and Darren ducked around a pair of brawlers on his way to the front entrance of the bar, where Kele was embroiled in a melee. Once clear of the door he stepped aside, and snapped off a few shots to cause the gun-darks to focus on something other than Kele.

[roll0] shoot +4 to create an advantage for Kele

Afb right now so not sure if that's all correct.

Henry the 57th
2015-03-15, 11:29 PM
Adalric slays his second man with another quick jab of his sword, grimacing slightly in distaste at the amount of blood now covering it. Facing down the final ganger, he twirls his sword in an elaborate display of martial prowess and grace. Just as that is sinking in, the nobleman makes an off. "Look," he says, holding the bloody blade up for the man to see before gesturing at the two bodies. "Your fellows are dead by my hand. If you continue to resist, you will join them immediately. Throw down your weapon and surrender, however, and things may go better for you."

Rapport:[roll0]+2

Desril
2015-03-18, 08:14 PM
Kat

With the pig-faced brutes now otherwise occupied, Kat swiftly makes her way across the bar to the alley exit, pushing past anyone who gets in her way. No time for subtlety, I wasted too much with those morons. I'm sure Kele can handle anyone out there, but I can't risk Januus getting hit by a stray blaster shot.

Getting outside and noticing the sith woman easily trouncing the gangsters, Kat calls out, "Let me know if you want help," otherwise I'll just focus on finding and protecting Januus.

Using Miraluka to try and locate Januus if necessary [roll0]

Create an Advantage using Deflect (basically just trying to intercept anything that might potentially harm her) [roll1] (Not sure how to modify this; Deflect is at fair and I have telekinesis as a general talent, so +2?)

LordHavelock
2015-03-26, 12:16 AM
Lena's thrown table clears over the head of one tussle and collides on the head of the next group over, sending all the parties involved, including the remaining Gun-Darks inside the cantina crashing to the ground, resulting in much groaning and half-hearted attempts to get up, and a guffaw from the crowd surrounding them. Adalric in the kitchen though manages to find a less bawdy solution as the ganger he is facing off against looks from the dashing noble's blade to his own stun baton with a mix of confusion and fear. It's only a split second later that he apparently reaches the the suggested conclusion and isn't even finished tossing the weapon at Adalric's feet before he turns to sprint out of the kitchen, slamming the door behind him.

Outside, Darren fires a few shots in to the crowd, but succeeds only in drawing the attention of the Gun-Darks, now happy to have a target they can more safely turn their blasters on. They fire at the smuggler with several short volleys, but Kele is able to seize on the opportunity and manages to down two more of them, leaving broken limbs and crumpled bodies in her wake.

Just visible, out at the mouth of the alley, a small two person speeder has pulled in to view. Januus' body guard, Makaary'yn, apparently not having been idle till now. The wookie gives a cry in their guttural language, the meaning of which is all too clear: 'Time to get while the getting is good.'

Scene Aspects-
Haphazard Floorplan
Crowd Cover
Bedlam Brawl!

Januus:
Where'd She Go?
Shielded by Kat at Fair (+2)

Zones & Groups-
Inside the Bar:

Lena
Makaary'yn

Outside:

Kele, Januus (Alleyway)
Adalric (Kitchen)
2 Gun-Dark Gangers (Alleyway)

Space Lawyer
2015-03-28, 01:20 AM
With all opposition neutralized, Lena acknowledges Makaary'yn and makes her way outside to the rest of the group. "I believe now is the time for us to leave, unless you would like to remain and continue beating up on those who appear ill-equipped to handle a coordinated assault."

Toxic Mind
2015-03-29, 11:32 AM
With the two gangers left, Kele squares off with the two. She could give them a chance to run, but that wouldn't send the right message at all. She charges at the last tow, sliding at the first one's ankles.

Fight:
[roll0]

Desril
2015-03-30, 12:48 PM
Kat

Noticing that Kele was easily dealing with the goons, Kat keeps her guard up without making any move other than speaking aloud for Januus' benefit. "Seems it's time to make your escape. You can contact us again, now go, get somewhere safe."

No action/delay until something happens. If the goons try and attack me or Januus though, I'll fight back.

LordHavelock
2015-04-02, 08:22 PM
Januus nods an affirmative to Kat and 'Lenas' suggestions, in turn, "Right then, looks like I knew at least halfway what I was thinking when I picked you lot for handling yourselves in a fight." A glance back towards the cantina brings a smirk to her comely features though, along with an arched eyebrow, "Subtlety though, perhaps not. Regardless, I'll be in touch." And with a salutatory gesture, sprints the remainder of the way down the alley, hopping in to the waiting two-seat speeder. A few errant blaster bolts from the remaining Gun-Darks are absorbed harmlessly by Kat's protective barrier, even as it fades, and the Zeltron is gone in flash and the slight blurring of the replusorcraft's exhaust trail, down the street.

Whether or not the Gun-Darks are aware their quarry has escaped, they are none the more prepared for Kele's onslaught as the first trips over her low blow, right in to whatever followup attack she cares to inflict. The final ganger, who had been drawing a bead on Darren, looks to make good his escape as his final standing companion looks to be entangled in the flurry of fists and elbows that is the Massassi champion.

From the street can be heard the sound of at least a few more speeders revving to life.

Thundercracker
2015-04-02, 08:59 PM
Darren Korr

"Whoops, time to go," Darren said, mindful of making himself scarce before any law enforcement showed up.

"I have a speeder bike, got room for one, who wants to come with?" he asked, already moving towards the end of the street.

Desril
2015-04-03, 04:24 PM
Kat

Waving Januus off, the Miraluka waits until Kele recovers her stance after dealing with the last of the gangsters before following after Darren, her own transport being located in the same direction. "I have my own vehicle, but we should probably set a place for everyone to gather before we split up. Anyone know a good meeting point?"

Space Lawyer
2015-04-04, 09:27 AM
"I am incapable of riding on a speeder bike," Lena says, indicating her spherical form, "but I believe that the landspeeder over there is suitable."

Lena's more fearsome accoutrements retract. Going down a crowded street with mining lasers and sparking claws was generally frowned upon, as she had learned. She makes her way over to the sleek-looking speeder and extends a probe into the interface jack. "I will secure this vehicle for our use. One moment please."

After a second, the speeder unlocks, ready for the party's use.

Thundercracker
2015-04-04, 09:38 AM
Darren Korr

"I know a good place," Darren said, "a buddy of mine owns a bar about ten blocks west from here, it's called the Wet Spot, meet you there."

Toxic Mind
2015-04-04, 11:18 AM
Kele readjusts her hood and robes so that her identity is once more easily obscured to those passing by then makes her way to LENA's speeder.

Thundercracker
2015-04-04, 08:44 PM
Darren Korr

Darren started up his speeder bike with a low whine as the repusorlifts reduced its weight, making it easy to handle and maneuver in neutral.

"I like you more and more, LENA," he said as she hotwired the speeder.

Darren led the way to his buddy's bar where they could regroup and discuss their next move.

LordHavelock
2015-04-06, 04:40 PM
The gun-darks left in a state of disarray, more interested in making their own escape from the scene than pursuing their most elusive quarry, Darren, Kat, Kele, Lena, and Adalric are able to leave the scene clear of any pursuit on their own assortment of speeders, as the state of anarchy in the cantina begins to settle down. There's not even the hint of authorities (such as the Smuggler's Moon possesses) making their way to the scene, even after Darren leads the way out to Nar Shadaa's busier streets. Avoiding the choked air traffic and smog overhead, it's a roundabout root to his "friend's" own seedy bar, The Wet Spot. Barely a step up from the cantina they just left, it does have the advantage of being a more settled establishment, rather than a glorified commissary/gambling den, with proper seating and a flickering neon holo-display to advertise it's presence. Pulling their speeders around, you might never have guessed any of the crew entering the next bar had even been in a firefight less than an hour ago, and inside there's few enough patrons to may them any mind.

Space Lawyer
2015-04-07, 08:51 AM
Lena

Lena maneuvers her newly-acquired speeder into an open berth and floats out. This bar certainly did look a bit more welcoming; at least it wouldn't add any more to the gunk she was already going to have to clean out of her filters.

She announces to the group, "There does not seem to be any pursuit. It is likely that we have succeeded in our given task." A slight shift in propulsion turns her to Darren. "Darren Korr, what sort of place is this?" Vague and open-ended questions often elicited greater information from humans than specific ones. As a species, they seemed to be uncomfortable with silence, and would continue talking just to fill the void.

Thundercracker
2015-04-07, 08:59 AM
Darren Korr

"Eh, it's an establishment owned by a fellow I did a job for a while back," Darren said, brushing off his flight vest as he entered the bar and took a quick look around.

Spying an empty booth, he sauntered over and slid into the seat.

"With any luck, we'll be able to regroup here and discuss what in blazes just happened," he said, "usually the shooting starts _after_ the job goes sour."

Desril
2015-04-10, 06:48 PM
Kat

Moving to join the others, Kat speculates on what the attack was about. "I doubt they were after us. Januus seemed to be the target. I doubt it was a coincidence that they showed up when they did though. Word of what she was doing must've leaked out to someone who doesn't like her, which means we shouldn't be surprised if we run into extra resistance with our job."

Oops, sorry about the slow response. Been a busy week and this thread slipped under the radar.

Thundercracker
2015-04-10, 08:34 PM
Darren Korr

"Yeah, okay," Darren said, "like I said, that's usually pretty standard, after the job starts."
"So I don't think we've met before," Darren said, eyeing the miraluka, especially her blindfold, "what's your... area of expertise?"

He had really wanted to ask what her story was, but figured it was too early to be prying into peoples' pasts.

Desril
2015-04-10, 09:54 PM
Kat

Grinning, glad that she's not one hide what she's capable of out of paranoia, Kat places a hand palm up just above the table. The reason quickly becomes apparent, however, as something rustles the inner folds of her clothes and a black lightsaber hilt flies into her waiting grasp. She doesn't activate the blade as she swiftly stores it back in a pocket out of sight, "I assume you know what that was? I just didn't see the point in killing those morons back there when getting our employer out was more important. What about you? Besides knowing some of the nicer bars, what can you do?"

Toxic Mind
2015-04-10, 10:08 PM
Kele merely sits once again in a corner, props up her feet, and listens to the comings and goings. The hood, as ever, remains around her face.

Thundercracker
2015-04-10, 10:50 PM
Darren Korr

Darren leaned back in his seat at the sight of the lightsaber. Well, he shouldn't have been surprised, it was a miraluka, after all.

"Me?" Darren asked, "part-time transporter of goods, part-time gun for hire, full time spender of credits. I also enjoy long walks on the beach and bith jazz."

He smirked.

Space Lawyer
2015-04-13, 01:56 PM
"I have some suspicion that the attack by the Gun-darks was the doing of our employer, simply a test to see how well we handled ourselves. Besides, I doubt that a street gang like that would be involved in the sort of job that we seem to be engaged in, except as hired muscle to stand around and guard low-priority assets."

Lena makes a note of Darren's appreciation for bith jazz. She found it to have aural qualities similar to a grinding wheel on durasteel, but such information might be helpful later. The Miraluka's lightsaber does not go unnoticed either.