PDA

View Full Version : AVB - The Streets of Aldhaven - The Plaza

Rizban
2015-02-06, 04:36 AM
Aldhaven City Streets

One of the main thoroughfares of Aldhaven is Mastiff's Road. It is currently filled with all manner of people, though few seem to stand out to you. The Plaza, arguably the center of the city, sits right in the center of the flow of life through the city, where Midtown meets Old Town. To the north is Old Town and the Nobles' Quarter; to the south and east is The Market. Guildsmen District, to the northeast, is where most of the hard work of the city is done; to the west is the Temple District and Mages' Quarter. Far to the north, on the other side of the river, is The Docks and a clustering of housing for the poor which can be described only as Slums.

Here you stand in the heart of the city, watching people come and go, functioning as the very lifeblood of the city. The most prominent building in the area is a three-story inn named The Sad Flint. It is known as the place to be for relaxing adventurers and those seeking a good story, a good drink, or a good night's rest. Across the Plaza from The Sad Flint is Ezekiel's Supplies, one of two major suppliers of adventuring and exploration gear in the city. Numerous other shops line the sides of The Plaza, including a music shop named The Howling Song, Jim Juweliers's Gem Jewelry, Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos, Sendungen Imports, Ranuna's Superior Toppers, and numerous other shops and merchant carts.

The center of the Plaza is kept mostly clear of vendors, the few legal locations for mobile stalls fiercely fought over by small vendors, each jockeying for position and claiming the best prices in town. In the center of it all is a large fountain, topped by a statue of King Alben Rosen, fair and just ruler of Aldhaven, who now lies sick and dying... or so the rumors go.

There is a pair of bored-looking city guards near the fountain lazily keeping an eye on the goings-on within the plaza. They are there to keep the peace, which seems rather quiet for now, although a fair amount of traffic exists.

Useful Public Threads
Recruiting Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?395075-3-5-Sandbox-Return-to-Aldhaven-Vicious-Betrayals), for when you need to roll a new character.
AVB Out of Character Thread (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18777030#post18777030), for all your chatting, alliance making, and plotting needs. (Approved players only, please.)
Aldhaven City Map (http://www.mornproductions.com/aldhaven/AVB/maps/Map.html) (in progress) very rough district map (http://www.mornproductions.com/aldhaven/AVB/maps/Districts.png)

Rizban
2015-02-06, 04:48 AM
The Town Crier

The most up to date news in the city!

Announcement: King Alben Rosen has announced the engagement of Isolde Rosen, his only child, to Archduke Wolfram Rocholl, the heir designate to Aldhaven! Festival to commence two months from this date!

Rumor: Rumors of King Alben's failing health seem to be gathering strength, though the royal family continues to deny them. He has made no public appearances since the announcement of his daughter's engagement.

Rumor: A gnomish dignitary has recently entered the city to begin negotiations of an alliance between the gnomish nation and the Kingdom of Aldhaven. A rumor has it that someone is offering 1,000,000gp for his assassination if done prior to the signing of the treaty.

Open Opportunity: Registration for the next semester at the Aldhaven Royal University of Scientific Esoterica begins immediately.

Job Offer: Wealthy noble has posted a large reward for the return of his beloved daughter's missing cat. (update) Those who attempt and fail this quest or return with the wrong cat will be dealt with harshly. Shysters are decidedly not welcome.

Rumor: Reports of missing persons in Old Town have increased. It is believed some sort of evil cult is at work in the area.

Job Offer: A minor noble's home continues to be under some sort of befuddling curse that seems resistant to normal means of removal. He's now offering a 10,000gp reward to the person or persons who can rid his home of the enchantment.

Announcement: The Tallest Spire! The Royal University of Scientific Esoterica's biennial climbing event! Test your strength and skill! Fabulous prizes! Become the Spirehawk!

Announcement: This is a purely informational entry. Announcements are usually tied to some large scale ongoing story within the city and may or may nor have events or quests tied to them.

Rumor: This is a widely spread rumor. Whether or not it is true is uncertain, and the specific terms are unknown. Finding out more will take significant effort of one kind or another.

Open Opportunity: This is an opportunity which multiple players may claim and may or may not be time sensitive. In short, a quest which doesn't end once completed.

Job Offer: This is essentially a quest. A character will usually have to pass some sort of preliminary screening to acquire a particular job. Should more than one player acquire a specific job, only the first player to complete the quest will receive the reward.

Open Opportunity: Spies from the Empire of Seven Dragons have been caught! Reward for information leading to the arrest of any of their co-conspirators.
The City Watch has retracted this offer after no new information has been discovered after quite some time. It seems the captured spies were, in all likelihood, working with contacts outside the city or the contacts have already fled.

Rumor: Rumors have begun circulating that ancient ruins have been found buried just outside of the city walls. The farmer who owns the land is allowing people to pay a small fee to enter into them and keep whatever relics they can recover. Two enterprising adventurers cleared out the area, disabled all the traps, and demolished the dangerous places. The farmer is now using the entry hall as a root cellar.

Job Offer: Individual or team of strong character and sharp mind needed to recover stolen item. Inquire of Islabera at Sendungen Imports!This posting has been removed, but no further information has been given to the crier when asked.

Rizban
2015-02-06, 06:52 AM
Character Obituaries

Aeirthir - Thought running up and punching a dragon in the face was a good idea.

Moranica
2015-02-06, 06:54 AM
A smartly clothes young man enters the plaza. His fashionable clothes make a sorry contrast with the man's grey face. Clearly, he is either ill, has just seen some kind of horror. It is Scrillio, a simple, young resident of Aldhaven, who has just lost his house and family.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/images/92406/SheldonHolt.jpg

........ The silence drums in Scrillio's had as his legs slowly carry him towards the Sad Flint.

Why ... why me ... what did we ever do to the anybody. We were just living our lives, on now they are probably dead! I've got nothing left but some of my father's stuff.

He walks on, avoid looking at the towncrier. It would only remind him of his father. Next, he enters the Sad Flint and takes a look around.

Rizban
2015-02-06, 07:00 AM
A smartly clothes young man enters the plaza. His fashionable clothes make a sorry contrast with the man's grey face. Clearly, he is either ill, has just seen some kind of horror. It is Scrillio, a simple, young resident of Aldhaven, who has just lost his house and family.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/images/92406/SheldonHolt.jpg

........ The silence drums in Scrillio's had as his legs slowly carry him towards the Sad Flint.

Why ... why me ... what did we ever do to the anybody. We were just living our lives, on now they are probably dead! I've got nothing left but some of my father's stuff.

He walks on, avoid looking at the towncrier. It would only remind him of his father. Next, he enters the Sad Flint and takes a look around.

The Sad Flint is just as it always is, seemingly unchanging but never quite the same. The interior of the Sad Flint is quite crowded. People are coming and going all over the rather large barroom. Patrons of any possible description abound, most content to drink the beers in their hands. No one bothers to turn their head when yet another patron walks in. The atmosphere of the place is slightly dingy, but comfortable.

A lone half-giant is serving as the bartender at the long bar across from the entrance. Round tables with an average of four chairs each litter the common area, although several have borrowed chairs from others nearby. More than half of them seem occupied by patrons of some description and number. A pair of armored bouncers guard a double door along the west wall.

Barmaids of many different races weave in and out of the traffic, delivering food and drinks, as well as picking up empty crockery and more than a few pick-up lines.

St.Just
2015-02-06, 07:02 AM
Walking into the plaza from the direction of the main gates is a tall human woman dressed for long-distance travel. Standing near the edge of the plaza for a minute, she listened with interest to to what the Crier had to say.

Turning to her small collection of traveling companions, Abeline Pahlen (https://cdn.artstation.rocks/p/assets/images/images/000/202/954/large/paindude-wu-girl-web.jpg?1410528195), semi-exiled Brunsgrove gentlewoman, says lightly "Well, at the very least it seems there will be no shortage of opportunity and work while we become settled."

Gesturing to the inn, she continues "I suppose we should arrange some short-term lodgings before attempting anything else?", before beginning to walk towards the Sad Flint.

Moranica
2015-02-06, 07:09 AM
Slowly, Scrillio moves over to the bar and let's out a big sigh, before ordering a good beer.

"Good day, sir, could you poor me some of your finest draught. Anything up to 5 goldpieces worth will do. My father always said this was a place to start, if you need a drink, lodgings or information at least. I could use all three."

"As to the information, someone I know, named Scribly, used to frequent this place in his younger years. Now, trouble has found him, and I think it may have something to do with those years. Do you remember him, perhaps?"

3SecondCultist
2015-02-06, 07:33 AM
The other woman standing in the Plaza simply nods slowly to Abeline. Tall and willowy, her long dark hair lies loose around her shoulders, accentuating her grey eyes. In fact, she could be Abeline's twin. Her cloth is somewhat poor, having seen some wear on the road, but she's also garbed in a fine looking cloak. Her eyes wander past the vendors and job opportunities, to the statue of the man at the heart of Aldhaven. So it is him. Astari studies the old king's features with a voracious intensity, before turning away.

"The Sad Flint? A wise idea, to be sure." Her gaze follows the well-dressed, sad looking fellow as he walks inside. At least they'll have some company, however morose. After listening to all of the notifications once, the shorter woman moves towards the inn.

Once inside, she nods to the sad looking man [Scrillio], and hails him over. "I'm guessing you're new in town too?"

Moranica
2015-02-06, 08:01 AM
Scrillio looks up in surprise.

"Excuse me? ... Oh, you are talking to me."

He turns around to face the stranger.

"I am not new here, actually. I grew up here, in a lesser part of the town."

He then eyes up the stranger. "So I guess, you are new here then? What brings you here?"

3SecondCultist
2015-02-06, 08:06 AM
Taking a seat at the bar next to the man, Astari does her best interpretation of a smile. She orders a cup of fine mulled wine and puts down a few [3] gold pieces down on the wooden bar.

"I've been here before, a long time ago. But I was quite little and don't remember much as a result." Not to mention that Nevitash kept her from seeing anything interesting. The news that the stranger is in fact local comes as somewhat of a surprise.

"You're from around here? I thought this was a traveler's inn. Or am I in the wrong place?" She hasn't answered his last question.

Moranica
2015-02-06, 08:18 AM
"HA! You've got a sharp eye, my dear stranger", Scrillio laughs with a sour smile.

"This place is frequented by all manner of people. But you are correct. While I am local, I will be renting a room here. It's nice to know to have a roof over ones head, isn't it?"

"The city itself hasn't changed much, I think. So what brings you back to Aldhaven then? Got homesick?

St.Just
2015-02-06, 08:24 AM
Nodding to Astari as she went off to talk with the young man, Abeline entered the Flint herself. Walking to the bar, she caught the attention of the half-giant behind it. "If you'll excuse me sir? I believe this is the place to ask about obtaining lodgings for a time?

After a moments pause, she continued as an afterthought, pulling out her coin pouch as she did so.

"..And I wonder if you know of any particularly interesting work I might seek to take up around here?"

3SecondCultist
2015-02-06, 08:24 AM
"Excellent, the word of a local means a great deal. I suppose that means I will be renting here as well." Astari pauses slightly at the stranger's continued questions.

"Not really. I haven't been home in quite some time." Another evasion on her part, but she realizes that eventually the man will grow suspicious. She has to say something.

"I'm actually here to save someone. Any more than that would be giving too much away." She flashes a more genuine smile at the man this time.

"I realize we've been talking, and I don't even know your name. I'm Astari, pleased to make your acquaintance."

Moranica
2015-02-06, 08:43 AM
"Welcome back in Aldhaven, Astari. My name is Scrillio. I guess I'll be seeing you around here then. May the gods smile upon you in your travels."
Then, Scrillio turns back to his beer and sobsbing.

3SecondCultist
2015-02-06, 09:05 AM
As Scrillio turns away, Astari pauses again. "I... I'll see you."

He's clearly possessed by something, deep and dark and not really her business. For a moment, she's tempted to ask. But if it were her, she wouldn't appreciate a stranger poking in where they don't belong. No, better to just leave it alone. They're both staying at this inn, after all. Maybe I'll ask Vraskis to go check on him in a little while, if he's still here.

Her conversation with Scrillio apparently at an end, Astari moves away. Where is that server with her wine? She perks up when she sees Abeline inquiring after a place to stay, and a job. It was their initial plan, after all, and she's glad to see her companion be so proactive. From the bar, Astari waits and listens.

Let'sGetKraken
2015-02-06, 10:41 AM
A tall, prim, refined-looking woman in priestly garb saunters slowly into the town square, careful to keep her distance from the small group ahead of her. I'll hang back for now. The others will already be drawing enough attention as is. Then, watching Astari converse with a young man as they enter the inn, she sighs. At least she could learn something useful.

Clearing her throat, the priestess looks around for someone who seems familiar with the city. She has so many questions, after all.

GameOfChampions
2015-02-06, 12:03 PM
A short tanned halfling in traveling garb pushes his way through the crowd, his long black hair pulled back into a ponytail at the nape of his neck pulled away from his face letting his curious hazelnut eyes comb the square. As he is looking around the plaza he spots the Sad Flint inn and starts to walk over.

As he enters the bar he spots Astari and Abeline in the crowd and weaves through the crowd to make his way to Astari and says "Hey there. Sorry I took so long, the crowds are not the best to try and get through." He looks ruefully up at the people around the bar, some of which are almost twice the halflings height. "So did I miss anything? Whats Abeline doing over at the bar?" He looks over at the women at the bar trying to see what she was doing.

3SecondCultist
2015-02-06, 12:10 PM
"By the looks of things, she's going to try and get us our first job. I've never stayed here before, but based on the crier outside and the volume of people around the Plaza, I'm guessing an inn at the heart of the city is a good place to look for work." It's something they need. Astari watches Regis. Nothing gets by the halfling - it's one of the reasons she trusts him.

One announcement in particular did catch her eye, however. It's a good option if Abeline can't find anything right away. In fact, it's actually a good option either way.

"For now, I'm waiting to see how it plays out. Fancy a drink?"

GameOfChampions
2015-02-06, 12:33 PM
Regis grabs a recently vacated stool and pulls it up beside Astari then hops up onto the stool "Ya I could go for a drink." Regis tries to signal the server to bring him a drink. "Well I don't know about you but I could use a job right now. I hope Abeline finds an interesting one! Regis says the last bit with relish.

Regis taping his fingers against his thigh in a rapid tempo is the only indicator that the calm halfling is a little excited. The halfling takes a deep breath and stops the finger tapping, calming down and relaxing in his seat, just waiting for his drink.

n0ble
2015-02-07, 10:06 AM
Ferra's eye's scan the crowd as she takes in the plaza, watching various people come and go.Her green eye catches Abeline and Astari walking into the Sad Flint. She delays, keeping a healthy distance from everyone, though given the activity in the crowd this proves a difficult task. Still not used to this body, after all this time she absently thinks to herself.

Entering the inn, she glances at Abeline making conversation with the bartender. Ferra acknowledges the presence of Astari and Regis with a curt nod, stalking to the back of the barroom. Best not to drink anything, Ferra thinks to herself I am after all underage an uncomfortable, forced, smile flutters across her face at the thought before disappearing just as quickly. Besides, the shaper will have her answers, she always does.

Renen
2015-02-07, 04:27 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnkNbZzX3qpZPOeYhgTPkrsxvKAE45s lu2mNGZQSRTRICSazhx

Eve walks into the Sad Flint, following one of the patrons, who opened the door to enter himself. Having heard the latest announcements from the crier, she decided to come in for some free food. Sadly no one is eating any meat, but she knew how to be cute enough to warrant ordering some.

Picking a table which seems to have relatively well off occupants, she walks up to Astari.

Meow? Meow? Mewwww?
A cat paws at her boot, looking hopeful. The red bow she is wearing makes it seems exceedingly mean to ignore something so cute.

3SecondCultist
2015-02-07, 06:27 PM
As Ferra enters the Sad Flint and nods in her direction, Astari stares pointedly ahead. She won't be offended - the whole point of this was to stay anonymous. The server still hasn't come with her wine, and she allows her face to settle into a slight frown. It's not like the alcohol is a necessity by any means, but it would be nice.

Suddenly, she feels another presence nearby. Looking down, she sees something strange. A cat...? Why is there a cat in here? The animal is looking at her with an unusual intensity, and she recognizes some semblance of intelligence in its eyes. It might not even be a real cat. Nonetheless, better not to take any chances. Using only her mind, she addresses the dark psicrystal safety tucked away in her knapsack: Nightblood.

If you wouldn't mind politely telling it that we don't have any food or favors to bestow, that would be wonderful.

You know that I detest felines on principle. Besides, my initial scans are reading that its type and intelligence are actually more sophisticated than that of an animal. Roughly speaking, it has an intellect nearly on par with yours.

Really? Interesting. Just in case it somehow doesn't understand the common tongue, would you convey the message regardless?

I live to serve, your majesty. She can practically hear the smugness of the psicrystal as he opens a telepathic line of communication with the cat.

My psicrystal has Mindsight with a radius of 30 ft, so it knows the Intelligence score and type of everything that has a mind in that radius. Telepathic speech allows him to speak with anything that has a language within the same area, hence the message.

Kalirren
2015-02-08, 01:04 AM
Sometime near dusk, a tired, young, red-haired woman enters the Sad Flint, doffing her hat. She wears a traveling cloak over a rough woolen tunic, seems absorbed in private contemplation, and her clothes are a bit wet, even though it hasn't rained all day. A sabre hangs at her waist.

She proceeds directly to the counter, and greets the barkeep, holding her hat by the brim in both hands. "I would like a room for the night," she requests. "And maybe a drink. Are you full up yet?"

Renen
If the cat is still there, it knows: The woman who just entered the Flint is wearing boots and a skirt that bear the unmistakable scent of fresh blood. She herself also reeks of at least a few other large animals.

Renen
2015-02-09, 04:46 PM
As the psicrystal established the link, it heard the cat asking for foot.
Meeeeat? Food?
As the cat realised it was greatly disliked, she moved on to the next possible feeder.
The crystal can tell that the cat's intelligence roughly matches it's master's, if not exceeding it. But the cat is thinking something a non intelligent cat would. Which is strange, seeing as the observed intellect and speech do not match up.

Walking up to the woman who just came in, the cat looks inquisitively at her?
Meow?

Rizban
2015-02-09, 10:39 PM
Slowly, Scrillio moves over to the bar and let's out a big sigh, before ordering a good beer.

"Good day, sir, could you poor me some of your finest draught. Anything up to 5 goldpieces worth will do. My father always said this was a place to start, if you need a drink, lodgings or information at least. I could use all three."

"As to the information, someone I know, named Scribly, used to frequent this place in his younger years. Now, trouble has found him, and I think it may have something to do with those years. Do you remember him, perhaps?"

The half-giant behind the bar just sniffs derisively as he pours the beer.

"I don't remember nobody. One gold."

Nodding to Astari as she went off to talk with the young man, Abeline entered the Flint herself. Walking to the bar, she caught the attention of the half-giant behind it. "If you'll excuse me sir? I believe this is the place to ask about obtaining lodgings for a time?

After a moments pause, she continued as an afterthought, pulling out her coin pouch as she did so.

"..And I wonder if you know of any particularly interesting work I might seek to take up around here?"

The man continues to polish a tumbler as he says, "Room for one is five."

When you ask for work he looks you up and down once before replying. "Yeah, sure, you any good at washing dishes?"

A tall, prim, refined-looking woman in priestly garb saunters slowly into the town square, careful to keep her distance from the small group ahead of her. I'll hang back for now. The others will already be drawing enough attention as is. Then, watching Astari converse with a young man as they enter the inn, she sighs. At least she could learn something useful.

Clearing her throat, the priestess looks around for someone who seems familiar with the city. She has so many questions, after all.

She sees a number of people in the room. In addition to the players themselves, she sees no fewer than two dozen other patrons. Two groups of five appear to be adventuring parties here to wine, dine, and otherwise waste their loot, but the rest all seem to be locals. The only ones that really catch your eye as standing out are the warforged who has a number of empty tankards in front of him, the heavily cloaked man you would swear was an assassin were his robes and face mask not a bright lime green that seems to fluoresce in this light, and, believe it or not, a mermaid sitting on a chaise lounge being occasionally spritzed by water by her attendant. The others seem particularly normal compared to those three and the adventurers.

Regis grabs a recently vacated stool and pulls it up beside Astari then hops up onto the stool "Ya I could go for a drink." Regis tries to signal the server to bring him a drink. "Well I don't know about you but I could use a job right now. I hope Abeline finds an interesting one! Regis says the last bit with relish.

Regis taping his fingers against his thigh in a rapid tempo is the only indicator that the calm halfling is a little excited. The halfling takes a deep breath and stops the finger tapping, calming down and relaxing in his seat, just waiting for his drink.

Responding to Regis' signal, a barmaid slams a tankard of something blue and frothy in front of him. "10 gold."

Sometime near dusk, a tired, young, red-haired woman enters the Sad Flint, doffing her hat. She wears a traveling cloak over a rough woolen tunic, seems absorbed in private contemplation, and her clothes are a bit wet, even though it hasn't rained all day. A sabre hangs at her waist.

She proceeds directly to the counter, and greets the barkeep, holding her hat by the brim in both hands. "I would like a room for the night," she requests. "And maybe a drink. Are you full up yet?"

Renen
If the cat is still there, it knows: The woman who just entered the Flint is wearing boots and a skirt that bear the unmistakable scent of fresh blood. She herself also reeks of at least a few other large animals.

The barkeep wrinkles his nose slightly before replying. "Room for one is five. Order whatever you want.

Oh, if that's your familiar, keep it from harassing other guests."

Kalirren
2015-02-09, 11:44 PM
"The what?" The redhead looks about herself, and down at her feet. "Oh, no, it's not. I thought it was the house's. It sure seems pushy, doesn't it?" She sets down her hat on the bar counter, and fishes out five crowns from a pouch in a pocket insider her cloak. "And for cheese stew and an ale?" She really didn't feel like meat.

Then the woman does her best to scoop up the cat. "I will keep it out of everyone's hair," she reassures the barkeep. Xh-xh-xh-, she clicks. "Meow? Ggrreeeow? Gggrrr-

Wild empathy [roll0]. I don't know what that does to the cat.

Rizban
2015-02-09, 11:47 PM
"Stew and ale, that'll be three."

He sends one of the bar wenches to fetch the stew as he pours the ale.

Kalirren
2015-02-10, 12:27 AM
"I'll have to ask you to make change, then." A second 5-crown piece is produced and hits the counter with a distinctive thunk. Her fingers do not leave the coins until the barkeep is ready to collect them. "I haven't been in the city long." City life sure is expensive.

Her eyes follow the girl as she goes into the kitchen, then return to the man across the counter. "Are you the owner here?"

Rizban
2015-02-10, 01:16 AM
The barkeep passes his hand over the coins, and in less than the blink of an eye, the coins are gone, replaced by the appropriate change. The girl's fingers are still on the coins...

"Nope. Sure not."

He pulls a large, flat crystal out from under the bar.

"Put your hand on this to rent the room."

Kalirren
2015-02-10, 02:14 AM
The girl blinks twice, stunned, and almost drops the cat. "How did you...?" she asks, dragging the coins suspiciously on the table back into her palm to examine them more carefully. Did they change value magically? shrink? weigh any less?

"Never mind. Who -is- the owner?"

She transfers the cat into one arm, lest it accidentally paw the crystal, and does as she is told.

Rizban
2015-02-10, 03:34 AM
The crystal flares briefly, and he returns it to its place under the bar.

"You're in room number 237.

Eh, the owner is the owner. Does it really matter?"

He shrugs off your question and goes back to work.

Moranica
2015-02-10, 04:15 AM
The half-giant behind the bar just sniffs derisively as he pours the beer.

"I don't remember nobody. One gold."

Scrillio hands him the gold piece. "Yeah, I was afraid you'd say that. I never really knew which of my father's stories was true or not. Seemed real enough to him anyway..."
Sobbing some more, Scrillio slowly finishes his beer. Then, slowly, he get's up. "Thank you, I'll be back for the room."

He then turns, and heads outside into the plaze once more.

Alright, time to see if the guard will be any help. Probably not, since it's the slums... But enough of the sobbing, Scrill. If you want to do anything about it, you have to move forward. Maybe father's stories weren't all true, but they can still be an inpiration!! ... I sound like mom now...

With the beginnings of a sour grin on his face, Scrillio heads out, to the guardstation in charge of the slums.

Rizban
2015-02-10, 04:46 AM
Scrillio hands him the gold piece. "Yeah, I was afraid you'd say that. I never really knew which of my father's stories was true or not. Seemed real enough to him anyway..."
Sobbing some more, Scrillio slowly finishes his beer. Then, slowly, he get's up. "Thank you, I'll be back for the room."

He then turns, and heads outside into the plaze once more.

Alright, time to see if the guard will be any help. Probably not, since it's the slums... But enough of the sobbing, Scrill. If you want to do anything about it, you have to move forward. Maybe father's stories weren't all true, but they can still be an inpiration!! ... I sound like mom now...

With the beginnings of a sour grin on his face, Scrillio heads out, to the guardstation in charge of the slums.

Quite unfortunately, Scrillio soon finds out that the City Watch has withdrawn entirely from the areas north of the river. What law there is now is overseen by the Extracity Watch, a completely unrelated organization...

Moranica
2015-02-10, 04:56 AM
Scrillio grew up in the slums, so I'm not sure how much he already knows about the Extracity Watch. (As a player I know nothing about it. :smallsmile:)

Otherwise, he'll gather some info (for several hours) about them. Especially to figure out whether it is worth going to them.

Gather info [roll0]

Unsure of what to do, Scrillio asks around near the plaza, to find out more about the Extracity Watch.

Rizban
2015-02-10, 05:06 AM
Scrillio grew up in the slums, so I'm not sure how much he already knows about the Extracity Watch. (As a player I know nothing about it. :smallsmile:)

Otherwise, he'll gather some info (for several hours) about them. Especially to figure out whether it is worth going to them.

Gather info [roll0]

Unsure of what to do, Scrillio asks around near the plaza, to find out more about the Extracity Watch.

Information sent via PM.

Moranica
2015-02-10, 05:37 AM
Hmmm, I suppose the Extracity Watch does seem like a poor bet. And a possibly dangerous one at that. If only my father didn't keep to himself so much, I'd have some leads....

... I guess it's my best bet. Just before his retirement, he was working at the Aldhaven Royal University of Scientific Esoterica. I guess that's where I'll start then.

And soon after this string of thoughts, the man Scrillio walks with renewed vigor in the direction of the University grounds.

3SecondCultist
2015-02-10, 08:03 AM
Might as well get the ball rolling. Walking up to the half giant and casting anonymity aside, Astari puts down five gold pieces quietly on the bar.

"I believe that is enough for a room?" She doesn't look at Abeline. Presumably, the woman will want to follow suit.

Rizban
2015-02-10, 09:19 AM
Might as well get the ball rolling. Walking up to the half giant and casting anonymity aside, Astari puts down five gold pieces quietly on the bar.

"I believe that is enough for a room?" She doesn't look at Abeline. Presumably, the woman will want to follow suit.

"Usually. What of it?"

Rizban
2015-02-10, 09:20 AM
Hmmm, I suppose the Extracity Watch does seem like a poor bet. And a possibly dangerous one at that. If only my father didn't keep to himself so much, I'd have some leads....

... I guess it's my best bet. Just before his retirement, he was working at the Aldhaven Royal University of Scientific Esoterica. I guess that's where I'll start then.

And soon after this string of thoughts, the man Scrillio walks with renewed vigor in the direction of the University grounds.

Heading to the university, Scrillio finds the road leading to his own thread.

3SecondCultist
2015-02-10, 09:33 AM
"I'd like to rent one, please." Sliding in an additional gold piece, she offers the half-giant her best smile.

"And I'd like to sign up for a job. Do you know anywhere I can do that?"

I can roll for Diplomacy, if you'd like.

[roll0]

Edit: ouch. Well, hopefully the gold speaks better than Astari does.

Kalirren
2015-02-10, 02:05 PM
"You're in room number 237."

"Thank you," she acknowledges, noting the lack of any proffered key.

"Eh, the owner is the owner. Does it really matter?"

"No, it doesn't," the young woman admits, a smile creeping around the corners of her mouth. "I was just curious. Crystals and coins and keyless rooms...a unique reputation for hospitality...you have to admit, this is a fascinating place in general, not only for a country girl like me. My name is Sascha, by the way." She offers him her hand, palm turned downward at her eye level over the counter. Sascha's tall for a human woman of ignoble birth, but a half-giant still makes her look small.

And she doubted that the barkeep would fail to notice the single 1-crown coin she had tucked between her fingers.

Rizban
2015-02-10, 07:06 PM
"I'd like to rent one, please." Sliding in an additional gold piece, she offers the half-giant her best smile.

"And I'd like to sign up for a job. Do you know anywhere I can do that?"

I can roll for Diplomacy, if you'd like.

[roll0]

Edit: ouch. Well, hopefully the gold speaks better than Astari does.He scoops up the coins and produces the same flat crystal disk you saw the woman use earlier.

"Place your hand here."

After you comply, he shrugs and says "Eh, we're looking for a good scullery maid. Pay stinks, but you've got all the scraps you can eat. Interested?"

"Thank you," she acknowledges, noting the lack of any proffered key.

"No, it doesn't," the young woman admits, a smile creeping around the corners of her mouth. "I was just curious. Crystals and coins and keyless rooms...a unique reputation for hospitality...you have to admit, this is a fascinating place in general, not only for a country girl like me. My name is Sascha, by the way." She offers him her hand, palm turned downward at her eye level over the counter. Sascha's tall for a human woman of ignoble birth, but a half-giant still makes her look small.

And she doubted that the barkeep would fail to notice the single 1-crown coin she had tucked between her fingers.He looks at her hand for second, turns his back, and snorts derisively before muttering, "No tips."

3SecondCultist
2015-02-10, 07:17 PM
He scoops up the coins and produces the same flat crystal disk you saw the woman use earlier.

"Place your hand here."

After you comply, he shrugs and says "Eh, we're looking for a good scullery maid. Pay stinks, but you've got all the scraps you can eat. Interested?"

Astari does as instructed, but doesn't even recognize the half-giant's offer with an answer. Instead, the kalashtar raises her eyebrow imperiously. I see they don't take able bodies seriously.

She waits for her room assignment.

Renen
2015-02-10, 07:28 PM
The girl blinks twice, stunned, and almost drops the cat. "How did you...?" she asks, dragging the coins suspiciously on the table back into her palm to examine them more carefully. Did they change value magically? shrink? weigh any less?

"Never mind. Who -is- the owner?"

She transfers the cat into one arm, lest it accidentally paw the crystal, and does as she is told.

The cat cranes it's neck at the girl still holding it.
Meow?

Sascha hears a voice, like a second thought in her head.
You look kinda silly, standing there. Holding a cat.

Rizban
2015-02-10, 07:29 PM
Astari does as instructed, but doesn't even recognize the half-giant's offer with an answer. Instead, the kalashtar raises her eyebrow imperiously. I see they don't take able bodies seriously.

She waits for her room assignment.

"You're in room 291. Enjoy your stay."

He returns the crystal to its usual resting place.

Rizban
2015-02-10, 07:37 PM
The half-giant barkeep seems to speak to no one in particular.

"The Sad Flint does not open a tab for anyone but loyal, long time customers."

GameOfChampions
2015-02-10, 07:39 PM
Regis looks in puzzlement at the frothing blue drink placed in front of him "This looks delicious" the halfling smiles at the barmaid and counts out the ten gold pieces and hands them to her. For a couple minutes Regis sits there enjoying his drink and just taking some moments to himself for quiet contemplation. After he finishes his drink Regis heads over to the bar and stands on his tip toes to be seen "Hey barkeep could I get a room? Preferably one near my friend" Regis gestures to Astari and then slides some gold onto the table.

3SecondCultist
2015-02-10, 07:45 PM
Nodding at the barkeep, Astari moves away from Abeline. The woman will get her room assignment, but she's heard Astari's now. So they will have a private place to convene should the need arise. Not bothering to wait for her drink, she makes her way back outside. She nods to Regis one more time, a sign of affirmation.

Where to go now... Looking at the job board, she finds what she is looking for.

Nightblood. Please inform the rest of the team that I will be heading to the university, and will be returning in two hours. They can wait, look for a job, get settled in their rooms. The psicrystal obeys without a second's thought, relaying the psion's telepathic request to the other four stationed inside the Sad Flint. Once she's sure it has been received, Astari turns on her heel and walks out into the streets, towards the university.

Rizban
2015-02-10, 07:54 PM
Regis looks in puzzlement at the frothing blue drink placed in front of him "This looks delicious" the halfling smiles at the barmaid and counts out the ten gold pieces and hands them to her. For a couple minutes Regis sits there enjoying his drink and just taking some moments to himself for quiet contemplation. After he finishes his drink Regis heads over to the bar and stands on his tip toes to be seen "Hey barkeep could I get a room? Preferably one near my friend" Regis gestures to Astari and then slides some gold onto the table.Upon finishing his drink, he begins to feel rather lightheaded... When he attempts to stand, he practically rockets up out of his chair, lifting himself an inch off the ground without expending any real effort. That was some drink.

"Special Request. Seven Gold."

Assuming you pay up, he retrieves the crystal, has you place your hand upon it, and, in a bored tone, states "Room 289."

Nodding at the barkeep, Astari moves away from Abeline. The woman will get her room assignment, but she's heard Astari's now. So they will have a private place to convene should the need arise. Not bothering to wait for her drink, she makes her way back outside.

Where to go now... Looking at the job board, she heads towards the university.Heading towards the university finds Astari in her own thread... which other members of her party will also find once they leave the Plaza.

Let'sGetKraken
2015-02-10, 10:10 PM
The priestess frowns slightly as she surveys the room before her. The warforged and the green-masked one look like trouble, though I suppose I could always approach the mermaid. Though there is much to be gained from talking to the more eye-catching patrons, the priestess wishes to be a bit more discreet. Exiting the inn for the moment, she decides to gather what scraps of knowledge she can from the trickle of people moving through the plaza.

Vraskis is looking for the following information:
-Information about the various districts and their relative wealth and importance, including more dangerous areas
-What, from a legal standpoint, distinguishes citizens from travelers (papers, ID cards/equivalent carried items, citizen registry, etc) and how one would go about obtaining them
-How travelers would legitimately/illegitimately obtain work permits or visas
-How legitimate/illegitimate it would be to purchase information from various sources, and whether or not this would be seen as a punishable offense by the local authorities (this would be done in a "I am looking for a friend of mine, how would I best go about finding them" kind of way so not as to attract suspicion)

Vraskis, due to the racial substitution at 1st level, can make gather information checks in (1d4x10)+10 minutes. To simplify things, he'll also be taking 10 on them, resulting in a score of 23 for each, boosting the first by 3 with an inspiration point and the cunning knowledge class feature.

Rolls for time (x10 mins):
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

GameOfChampions
2015-02-10, 10:38 PM
Regis thanks the bartender and makes his way out of the bar. When he leaves he looks around the plaza for Sendungen Imports. 'I hope that Islabera is in'. As he makes his way into the shop and to the front desk he asks "Is Islabera in? I heard she had a job and I wanted to learn some more about it before I consider taking it."

Rizban
2015-02-11, 12:27 AM
Regis thanks the bartender and makes his way out of the bar. When he leaves he looks around the plaza for Sendungen Imports. 'I hope that Islabera is in'. As he makes his way into the shop and to the front desk he asks "Is Islabera in? I heard she had a job and I wanted to learn some more about it before I consider taking it."

Walking into the shop lands you in your own thread... which is a shared thread. Link incoming.

Kalirren
2015-02-11, 01:54 AM
No tips.

"Suit yourself," Sascha shrugs, retracting her hand. "Thank you for your time, anyway. Did you hear that?"

She looks down accusingly at the cat, and repositions it on her lap to pet it more comfortably. Maybe it had a name on its ribbon or something. She purrs somewhat loudly in sympathy, and gives a few mimetic growls. It makes her look slightly crazy, and she can't even blame whatever's in the cheese soup.

[Speak with animals.]

"Can you understand me? Do you have a name?"

Of course, she speaks much slower than the speed of thought. She's already thinking about where to get the cat a sardine.

n0ble
2015-02-11, 10:41 AM
Watching the others leave, Ferra strides towards the bar before realizing that she nothing in terms of coinage to rent a room with. Sighing inwardly she thinks, Well I suppose finding some sort of employment to fill my coffers would not be amiss. Besides, it's not as if I need to sleep anyways. She stalks outside the bar, her more humanoid form making it difficult to get through the crowds and begins making inquiries as to where the nearest recruiting office for the city watch is.

I can roll gather information if you want:
roll]1d20+3[/roll]

Renen
2015-02-11, 05:27 PM
The cat purrs, narrowing it's eyes.
Of course I can understand. Though not many speak feline. I do like petting. And food. The rest seem to have little fondness for cats... My name's Eve.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-11, 11:30 PM
A tall, cloaked figure cautiously picks her way through the crowds around the plaza. Weaving her way through the horde of people, the young grey haired woman passes the great fountain in the center of the plaza and subconsciously clenches her fists. Erinyes Nous wasn't fond of that statue. An eyesore, she thought every time she came into the plaza. Erinyes' cloak was a drab, black garment that covered her entire figure, and obscured her frame. That was the way she preferred it. The less she gave away the better.

She soon made it to her destination, the town crier. After listening for a few minutes from the edge of the crowd, Erinyes pondered her next course of action. I've had good fortune recently, but I can't expect that to last, she thought. I need work. Perhaps Sendungen Imports would have need of my services... Having made her decision the young woman stalked off in the direction of Sendungen Imports.

Deadlykire
2015-02-12, 12:10 AM
An tall, massive being enters the plaza with a small group of orcs. His outfit is immaculate, even the chain shirt has a gleam to it. The glaive in his hands and the greatsword strapped to his hip are just as clean, looking almost unused. His body is colored in blue-grey scales with his nose elongated in a snub-snout. He has several prominent long, sharp teeth. His eyes are sunken back in his head, deep black orbs with thin red swirls. He sniffs the air lightly. He always hated the smell of cities. He felt more at home in the open fields. He stood in the plaza for a bit listening to the hustle and bustle of the city. The orcs he'd arrived with dispersed on their own, seemingly finished with him. http://cdn.vanillaforums.com/baldursgate.vanillaforums.com/FileUpload/1d/2b7cc462de464c921cfb4db078af45.jpg

Rizban
2015-02-12, 12:23 AM
Watching the others leave, Ferra strides towards the bar before realizing that she nothing in terms of coinage to rent a room with. Sighing inwardly she thinks, Well I suppose finding some sort of employment to fill my coffers would not be amiss. Besides, it's not as if I need to sleep anyways. She stalks outside the bar, her more humanoid form making it difficult to get through the crowds and begins making inquiries as to where the nearest recruiting office for the city watch is.

I can roll gather information if you want:
roll]1d20+3[/roll]
She is directed north to The Fortress, located on the island in the middle of the river north of the city.

A tall, cloaked figure cautiously picks her way through the crowds around the plaza. Weaving her way through the horde of people, the young grey haired woman passes the great fountain in the center of the plaza and subconsciously clenches her fists. Erinyes Nous wasn't fond of that statue. An eyesore, she thought every time she came into the plaza. Erinyes' cloak was a drab, black garment that covered her entire figure, and obscured her frame. That was the way she preferred it. The less she gave away the better.

She soon made it to her destination, the town crier. After listening for a few minutes from the edge of the crowd, Erinyes pondered her next course of action. I've had good fortune recently, but I can't expect that to last, she thought. I need work. Perhaps Sendungen Imports would have need of my services... Having made her decision the young woman stalked off in the direction of Sendungen Imports.

Through the door, you find your own thread.

n0ble
2015-02-12, 12:04 PM
Ferra follows the directions given to her, leaving the plaza for the Fortress in the north. Finally, a chance to do some besides mindless destruction with these abilities. I'll have an hour to get back here and meet up with builder and the others.

Inform the others I maybe late, not telling how long joining the watch will take she says to Astari's crystal. Strange, so simple a design for a construct and yet so advanced in nature. with that thought she begins her journey towards the fortress and out of the plaza.

Rizban
2015-02-12, 05:06 PM
Ferra follows the directions given to her, leaving the plaza for the Fortress in the north. Finally, a chance to do some besides mindless destruction with these abilities. I'll have an hour to get back here and meet up with builder and the others.

Inform the others I maybe late, not telling how long joining the watch will take she says to Astari's crystal. Strange, so simple a design for a construct and yet so advanced in nature. with that thought she begins her journey towards the fortress and out of the plaza.

She also finds her way to her party's thread.

Erebus Tekra
2015-02-12, 07:01 PM
She rolls into the plaza for the first time ever. It was unwise to be here given...things, but her family had intrusted her with this task. Her brown hair has neat dreadlocks are pulled back into a pony tail. There are beads of various materials adorning her dreads. She has tan skin and clear blue eyes, eyes always wandering and studying. She coaxes her mule Jessie forward with the cart. Albert is tied up behind the cart plodding along mindlessly. "Greetings friend," Elly says to the large dragonborn standing in the middle of the plaza. "Thank you for seeing us here safely. Perchance can I convince you to travel with me while I sell these supplies? My other companions have gone to fetch supplies for the camp. I've some other matters to discuss with you as well, in...private." Elly wanders around with her cart and mules looking for a guard or merchant to ask where the city armorers were located so she might sell her wares.

Deadlykire
2015-02-13, 11:58 AM
He gives the one he'd come to know as 'Tiny' a smile. He didn't think that was her real name, but she seemed to comfortably travel with orcs so he understood why such a name would be given to his 3' tall companion. "I shall Tiny. The spirits are mute with directions in this place. I must leave as soon as possible. I worry the spirit doesn't have the ability to speak with me here. I have noticed on the brief walk in...there are few who look like you here. Where do you expect to sell wares for your kind?"

Rizban
2015-02-13, 12:57 PM
She rolls into the plaza for the first time ever. It was unwise to be here given...things, but her family had intrusted her with this task. Her brown hair has neat dreadlocks are pulled back into a pony tail. There are beads of various materials adorning her dreads. She has tan skin and clear blue eyes, eyes always wandering and studying. She coaxes her mule Jessie forward with the cart. Albert is tied up behind the cart plodding along mindlessly. "Greetings friend," Elly says to the large dragonborn standing in the middle of the plaza. "Thank you for seeing us here safely. Perchance can I convince you to travel with me while I sell these supplies? My other companions have gone to fetch supplies for the camp. I've some other matters to discuss with you as well, in...private." Elly wanders around with her cart and mules looking for a guard or merchant to ask where the city armorers were located so she might sell her wares.

She learns there are merchants across the city but the smith guild is in Guildsman's District.

Kalirren
2015-02-14, 12:00 AM
The cat purrs, narrowing it's eyes.
Of course I can understand. Though not many speak feline. I do like petting. And food. The rest seem to have little fondness for cats... My name's Eve.

[Going to PM because not everyone in the Flit privileged to this conversation.]

NightWolf16a
2015-02-14, 01:59 AM
A slim and well-built woman steps into the plaza, dressed in unassuming traveler's outfit and carrying a sizable halberd on her back.

While she may not be kempt and her clothes are dirty, her features are fairly attractive and she exudes an air of confidence, fully at home in the city of Aldhaven.

Having looked around the familiar plaza, Tenra Velmire (http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/218/1/8/18e3928970138ca4a58923ee7dfbed79-d7tz79h.jpg) flexes her knuckles and says, Alright, Aldhaven. What do you have for me today?, before walking toward the trusty town crier. While listening to the crier, Tenra cannot help her mind but drift towards the nobles' requests. A cat? C'mon. You have servants. His majesty has not been seen? What if I were to find him and cure his ills? She chuckles to herself. Like that would ever happen. A curse? Hmm...

Hey, crier! Which noble should I see to fix that curse of his? Tenra unceremoniously shouts at the crier.

Rizban
2015-02-14, 02:24 AM
A slim and well-built woman steps into the plaza, dressed in unassuming traveler's outfit and carrying a sizable halberd on her back.

While she may not be kempt and her clothes are dirty, her features are fairly attractive and she exudes an air of confidence, fully at home in the city of Aldhaven.

Having looked around the familiar plaza, Tenra Velmire (http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/218/1/8/18e3928970138ca4a58923ee7dfbed79-d7tz79h.jpg) flexes her knuckles and says, Alright, Aldhaven. What do you have for me today?, before walking toward the trusty town crier. While listening to the crier, Tenra cannot help her mind but drift towards the nobles' requests. A cat? C'mon. You have servants. His majesty has not been seen? What if I were to find him and cure his ills? She chuckles to herself. Like that would ever happen. A curse? Hmm...

Hey, crier! Which noble should I see to fix that curse of his? Tenra unceremoniously shouts at the crier.
You are informed that Ezekiel Jedder of Ezekiel's Supplies has made the posting for a friend.

Thundercracker
2015-02-14, 09:02 AM
Katoerian entered the plaza, glad to have finally arrived. Aldhaven. Quickly glancing about, he approached the town crier.

"Excuse me, do you know Where can I find a map of the city?" he asked.

NightWolf16a
2015-02-14, 10:53 AM
You are informed that Ezekiel Jedder of Ezekiel's Supplies has made the posting for a friend.

Tenra's eyes narrows for a moment with obvious consideration...

Katoerian entered the plaza, glad to have finally arrived. Aldhaven. Quickly glancing about, he approached the town crier.

"Excuse me, do you know Where can I find a map of the city?" he asked.

before hearing the obvious outsider to the city.

Go to Ezekiel's Supplies, stranger. They should have everything you need. I'll walk with you, seeing as I am going there myself. she says, pointing the shop out.

Thundercracker
2015-02-14, 07:52 PM
Katoerian glanced to the woman and nodded.

"Very well, ma'am, lead the way," the human said, brushing a stray lock of brown hair from his face.

NightWolf16a
2015-02-14, 10:27 PM
Tenra nodded on return before walking off to the prominent store.

When she enters, Tenra turns back to the outsider, "you should be able to find what you need here, stranger. Best of luck to you. Also, if you need any magical assistance of the destructive sort, feel free to find Tenra Gatecrasher again."

Thundercracker
2015-02-14, 10:53 PM
Katoerian Shun

Katoerian smirked.

"I may take you up on that," he said, "where might I find you, if I am of need of your services?"

NightWolf16a
2015-02-15, 01:22 AM
Katoerian Shun

Katoerian smirked.

"I may take you up on that," he said, "where might I find you, if I am of need of your services?"

By the town crier, actually. I am there frequently, looking for work. Or the Sad Flint. You should be able to leave a message for me with the bartender. And you? What should I remember you by, and what brings you to Aldhaven?

Thundercracker
2015-02-15, 05:23 AM
Katoerian Shun

"My name is Katoerian Shun," the young man replied, "I am here on family business, and I may look into making a living in trading magical items as well. If the Sad Flint is a good place to leave messages, then I will check there periodically. I thank you for the direction to this shop."

Katoerian will wait for Tenra to conclude her business before entering the shop himself.

NightWolf16a
2015-02-15, 01:34 PM
"Well met, Katoerian Shun, and I hope to see you again."

With that farewell, Tenra walks into the Supply shop to look for an assistant or store clerk, "anyone here know about your boss' posting about a curse? The one he made for his friend?"

sorry about the inconsistent formatting. I have to remember the BB codes by heart when I am posting on mobile.

Rizban
2015-02-16, 02:30 AM
Katoerian Shun

"My name is Katoerian Shun," the young man replied, "I am here on family business, and I may look into making a living in trading magical items as well. If the Sad Flint is a good place to leave messages, then I will check there periodically. I thank you for the direction to this shop."

Katoerian will wait for Tenra to conclude her business before entering the shop himself.
"Well met, Katoerian Shun, and I hope to see you again."

With that farewell, Tenra walks into the Supply shop to look for an assistant or store clerk, "anyone here know about your boss' posting about a curse? The one he made for his friend?"

sorry about the inconsistent formatting. I have to remember the BB codes by heart when I am posting on mobile.
As you enter Ezekiel's Supplies, you notice that the walls are lined with supplies of all kinds. There are various sets of outfits designed for harsh weather conditions and dangerous climates, flasks and bottles and bags and pouches and all manner of containers, swords and knives and bows, and even a small section entirely devoted to cooking utensils and pots and pans. In the far back is a locked glass case filled with what appears to be various magical potions. Next to that is a rack of obviously magic weapons.

A half-elf woman stands behind a counter near the door and smiles at you as you enter. "Welcome to Ezekiel's Supplies! Please, look around and ask if you have any questions."

Thundercracker
2015-02-16, 06:27 AM
Katoerian Shun

Katoerian politely waits for Tenra to finish her business, then inquires about a map of the city.

I figure if we can take care of both in one post, it's better.

Deadlykire
2015-02-16, 01:03 PM
Krumesh waited for Tiny to gather her information. When she seemed ready to travel he looked at her, "Perhaps we should evaluate our options here? You could sell your wares directly to travelers, though the merchants would probably be offended. Perhaps you should consider selling directly to merchants or the smiths." He looked at the guard they were near. "Which merchants specialize in armor?"

NightWolf16a
2015-02-16, 02:34 PM
As you enter Ezekiel's Supplies, you notice that the walls are lined with supplies of all kinds. There are various sets of outfits designed for harsh weather conditions and dangerous climates, flasks and bottles and bags and pouches and all manner of containers, swords and knives and bows, and even a small section entirely devoted to cooking utensils and pots and pans. In the far back is a locked glass case filled with what appears to be various magical potions. Next to that is a rack of obviously magic weapons.

A half-elf woman stands behind a counter near the door and smiles at you as you enter. "Welcome to Ezekiel's Supplies! Please, look around and ask if you have any questions."

Do you have any maps of Aldhaven? This man is looking for one. Tenra says as she points to Katoerian, Also, where can I find Ezekiel Jedder? I want to speak to him about the request he put on the town crier.

Rizban
2015-02-16, 04:35 PM
Do you have any maps of Aldhaven? This man is looking for one. Tenra says as she points to Katoerian, Also, where can I find Ezekiel Jedder? I want to speak to him about the request he put on the town crier.She looks you up and down once before replying.

"Well, I don't think you're up to it, hun, but if you want to go for it, head back that way. Knock and wait 'til he invites you in."

She points you to a closed office door near the back.

Katoerian Shun

Katoerian politely waits for Tenra to finish her business, then inquires about a map of the city.

I figure if we can take care of both in one post, it's better.She pulls out a simple overhead view of the city. A few major landmarks are shown, as are the names of most major streets, but most of the city is fairly generic and unmarked.

"If you're interested, it's ten gold. If you want something a little better, there a map maker down the road a way, but his maps are... expensive."

Krumesh waited for Tiny to gather her information. When she seemed ready to travel he looked at her, "Perhaps we should evaluate our options here? You could sell your wares directly to travelers, though the merchants would probably be offended. Perhaps you should consider selling directly to merchants or the smiths." He looked at the guard they were near. "Which merchants specialize in armor?"

"Don't really know. The Watch provides my gear. I guess Ezekiel's probably carries armor, maybe Erbaur's too."

Deadlykire
2015-02-16, 05:04 PM
"Thank you for your help kind sir." Krumesh gets directions to Ezekiel's and Erbaur's. He turns towards Tiny. "Well, which should we try first?"

Rizban
2015-02-16, 05:05 PM
"Thank you for your help kind sir." Krumesh gets directions to Ezekiel's and Erbaur's. He turns towards Tiny. "Well, which should we try first?"Directions to the two are simple enough. Each is right here in the Plaza and has a large sign on the front...

Erebus Tekra
2015-02-16, 05:11 PM
Tiny listens to the guards and Krumesh. When the dragonborn turns to her with questions she responds "Erbaurs sounds like as good of a place to start as any." Tiny grabs the reigns off her mule and leads the small caravan towards Erbaurs. She pulls up her bandana to cover her face from wandering eyes and looks down as she talks to Krumesh. "I thank you for your help keeping us safe on the road in. I may be spending some extended time in the city. Would you be interested in sticking around with me? I'll help you out with your endeavors as long as we make some money. I need to buy some expensive supplies for the village."

NightWolf16a
2015-02-16, 06:11 PM
She looks you up and down once before replying.

"Well, I don't think you're up to it, hun, but if you want to go for it, head back that way. Knock and wait 'til he invites you in."

She points you to a closed office door near the back.

Tenra looks at the attendant for a moment before going to the back, towards the office where she directed. Once there, she knocks on the door and gets comfortable for a bit of a wait.

Rizban
2015-02-16, 06:20 PM
A man responds almost as soon as you knock. When you open the door, you find your own private thread.

Deadlykire
2015-02-16, 07:48 PM
Tiny listens to the guards and Krumesh. When the dragonborn turns to her with questions she responds "Erbaurs sounds like as good of a place to start as any." Tiny grabs the reigns off her mule and leads the small caravan towards Erbaurs. She pulls up her bandana to cover her face from wandering eyes and looks down as she talks to Krumesh. "I thank you for your help keeping us safe on the road in. I may be spending some extended time in the city. Would you be interested in sticking around with me? I'll help you out with your endeavors as long as we make some money. I need to buy some expensive supplies for the village."

"I follow the will of the spirits. You are welcome to join me if you wish. I'd be happy with the company truth be told, my road has been rather plain. But if the day comes that the spirit calls to me again, I must follow it. For now though, yes partners we can be." Krumesh walks alongside Tiny until they reach the door of Erbaur's. He pauses. "I'm not sure it'd be wise to leave your things unattended, but I doubt that the beasts will be welcome insides. Perhaps we should take turns shopping?" He motions forward as he opens the door indicating Tiny to go first.

Rizban
2015-02-16, 08:04 PM
Barring some silliness here, I'm just going to assume you go inside.Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos sits on the north-west side of the Plaza on Mastiff's Road. A stout wooden door with elegant etching work opens onto the Plaza. The sign hanging on the corner of the building has a picture of a bag of holding with rings, swords, and other magical items protruding from it and reads:

Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos
Custom magical items, discount rates.
Accepts almost anything magical in trade.
Sizable discount to all new customers!

Inside is a small workshop, about twenty feet by forty feet. On entering, one does not find a true proper shop area, and there is often at least one apprentice noisily working on some magical contraption within.

Near the front are two comfortably upholstered chairs and a small counter which separates the entryway from the workshop. Behind the counter stands a woman of shocking beauty, a nearly perfect face, and shimmering golden hair with trace highlights of blue. Her diaphanous clothing is only just on this side of modest and is really quite distracting. Once you notice her, you find it physically difficult to look anywhere else in the shop... The name tag she wears reads "Clearwater".

"Welcome to Erbauer's! How might I be of assistance to you today?"

Thokk_Smash
2015-02-16, 09:23 PM
Making his way through the crowded plaza, a man drives a horse-drawn wagon. Relatively tall, though hard to tell from his sitting position, with longish blond hair pulled back into a ponytail. Pale green eyes sweep over the crowds, making sure to not step on anyone's toes, clucking to Rosey every so often.

The back of the wagon is covered by canvas, hiding its contents from prying eyes. The man blows a tuft of hair out of his eyes, thinking. Ezekiel's Supplies, his ultimate goal to oppose, is good motivation. But where to start looking to build his business? First things first, might be best to talk to a local.

He maneuvers his way through the crowd to stop next to the Sad Flint. He ties Rosey's leads to a suitable post, and scratches her nose for a moment. From the man's cape, a miniature, dragon-esque creature crawls out, looking around curiously. The man scratches the creature's head idly as he enters, dodging and maneuvering through the crowd to reach the bar.

When the half-giant notices him and approaches, the man gives a personable smile. I'd like some beer, and a room for the night. While he pours the drink, he continues to ask, If a starting merchant were looking for a good place to start a business, where would he go in Aldhaven?

Rizban
2015-02-17, 01:34 AM
"One gold for the beer, five for the room.

Probably get a permit and setup a cart. That's the easiest way, I suppose. It's what most do, I think."

Thundercracker
2015-02-17, 06:04 AM
Katoerian Shun

Katoerian looked the map over so as to get a decent idea of the major districts and their relative cardinal locations.
"Hmm," he said, "perhaps I will check with the map maker."

"I see you have many magical items for sale," he continued, changing the subject, "do you also purchase magical items, or exchange for credit?"

Rizban
2015-02-17, 07:00 AM
Katoerian Shun

Katoerian looked the map over so as to get a decent idea of the major districts and their relative cardinal locations.
"Hmm," he said, "perhaps I will check with the map maker."

"I see you have many magical items for sale," he continued, changing the subject, "do you also purchase magical items, or exchange for credit?""We do not. We're strictly retail. However, Mr. Jedder might be interested should you find any particularly unique items. He is somewhat of a collector."

Thundercracker
2015-02-17, 08:55 AM
Katoerian Shun

"Very well, I shall keep that in mind," Katoerian said, dipping into a slight bow. The young human exited the shop and made his way south, towards the mage's quarter. He needed to find a shop or magic house where magic services were sold...

Thokk_Smash
2015-02-17, 08:58 AM
"One gold for the beer, five for the room.

Probably get a permit and setup a cart. That's the easiest way, I suppose. It's what most do, I think."

The blond man places the coins down, all six of them.

Where would one go to attain a permit?

Erebus Tekra
2015-02-17, 11:38 AM
Barring some silliness here, I'm just going to assume you go inside.Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos sits on the north-west side of the Plaza on Mastiff's Road. A stout wooden door with elegant etching work opens onto the Plaza. The sign hanging on the corner of the building has a picture of a bag of holding with rings, swords, and other magical items protruding from it and reads:

Inside is a small workshop, about twenty feet by forty feet. On entering, one does not find a true proper shop area, and there is often at least one apprentice noisily working on some magical contraption within.

Near the front are two comfortably upholstered chairs and a small counter which separates the entryway from the workshop. Behind the counter stands a woman of shocking beauty, a nearly perfect face, and shimmering golden hair with trace highlights of blue. Her diaphanous clothing is only just on this side of modest and is really quite distracting. Once you notice her, you find it physically difficult to look anywhere else in the shop... The name tag she wears reads "Clearwater".

Tiny walks in and looks around. She notices a distinct lack of mundane gear and even the sign indicated this would likely be the case. She gives a small shrug and approaches the woman."Yes. Though I may be in the wrong place. I have some mundane armor to sell. I was looking for a merchant that could perhaps resell it. A guard suggested you all. Though he wasn't quite sure honestly."

Rizban
2015-02-17, 07:32 PM
Katoerian Shun

"Very well, I shall keep that in mind," Katoerian said, dipping into a slight bow. The young human exited the shop and made his way south, towards the mage's quarter. He needed to find a shop or magic house where magic services were sold...Without really knowing what he's looking for, he just kind of wanders for a bit. (PM if it's secret)

The blond man places the coins down, all six of them.

Where would one go to attain a permit?"A permit isn't strictly necessary, but it keeps you from making enemies too quickly. You can get one with any of the trade guilds, I'm pretty sure."

Tiny walks in and looks around. She notices a distinct lack of mundane gear and even the sign indicated this would likely be the case. She gives a small shrug and approaches the woman."Yes. Though I may be in the wrong place. I have some mundane armor to sell. I was looking for a merchant that could perhaps resell it. A guard suggested you all. Though he wasn't quite sure honestly."
"We accept all magical goods in trade at 60% market, but we only give store credit, unless it's something particularly interesting. Frequent customers can earn a better trade in rate, up to 75%."

Thokk_Smash
2015-02-17, 08:46 PM
The blond nods, drinking his beer with a relish. A hot day traveling tends to leave one with a parched throat. He does whatever the bartender needs him to do to give him a room ((OOC: Just assuming that the barkeep does that whole "place your hand on the crystal sphere for your room number" thing--feel free to redact this if I'm assuming wrong)).

Taking a few more minutes to finish his beer, scratching his homunculus' head, he heads up to his room and drops off his nonessential items. He descends back downstairs. Getting the barkeep's attention one last time, he asks, One last question: where in the city are the trade guilds?

Once he gets his answer, he goes back to his wagon. He brushes Rosey, then unhitches her and begins to lead her towards the trade guilds.

Rizban
2015-02-17, 10:06 PM
The blond nods, drinking his beer with a relish. A hot day traveling tends to leave one with a parched throat. He does whatever the bartender needs him to do to give him a room ((OOC: Just assuming that the barkeep does that whole "place your hand on the crystal sphere for your room number" thing--feel free to redact this if I'm assuming wrong)).

Taking a few more minutes to finish his beer, scratching his homunculus' head, he heads up to his room and drops off his nonessential items. He descends back downstairs. Getting the barkeep's attention one last time, he asks, One last question: where in the city are the trade guilds?

Once he gets his answer, he goes back to his wagon. He brushes Rosey, then unhitches her and begins to lead her towards the trade guilds.

"Most of them are in Guildsman to the northeast, but the more magical ones tenf to be in Mages', southwest."

Renen
2015-02-17, 10:09 PM
Having finished meowing at the girl holding her, and eating the food offered, the cat jumped down on the floor, and left the bar, heading towards the palace.

(Would need a thread now)

Thokk_Smash
2015-02-17, 11:06 PM
"Most of them are in Guildsman to the northeast, but the more magical ones tenf to be in Mages', southwest."

Many thanks, he replies with a smile.

Once on his wagon, he directs Rosey to the northeast, choosing to begin at the more mundane guilds. Perhaps later he can branch out to more magical items.

Erebus Tekra
2015-02-18, 12:37 PM
"We accept all magical goods in trade at 60% market, but we only give store credit, unless it's something particularly interesting. Frequent customers can earn a better trade in rate, up to 75%."

"Ah yes. Well you see, I don't have anything magical at this time. Would you be able to suggest a merchant or even smith that may be willing to buy what I do have? I'd sell it myself, but I am new in town and unclear on the rules for doing such things."

Rizban
2015-02-18, 01:58 PM
Katoerian Shun

"Very well, I shall keep that in mind," Katoerian said, dipping into a slight bow. The young human exited the shop and made his way south, towards the mage's quarter. He needed to find a shop or magic house where magic services were sold...Heading off into Mages' Quarter, you discover a private thread!

Many thanks, he replies with a smile.

Once on his wagon, he directs Rosey to the northeast, choosing to begin at the more mundane guilds. Perhaps later he can branch out to more magical items.You quickly find that the headquarters for the more mundane guilds are located in a private thread!

"Ah yes. Well you see, I don't have anything magical at this time. Would you be able to suggest a merchant or even smith that may be willing to buy what I do have? I'd sell it myself, but I am new in town and unclear on the rules for doing such things."

"In general, so long as you're not impeding traffic or blocking someone's place of business, you can setup your cart anywhere in the city to sell your goods. Well, it's illegal to setup on Mastiff's, too much traffic, and there are only a small number of designated places you may setup in the Plaza, and those are usually claimed before sunup. Of course, you'll want to get a permit from one of the trade guilds if you do that. It's not actually necessary from a legal standpoint, but there's no sense in making enemies before you even get your business established."

Clearwater smiles at you and seems willing to answer any other questions you might have about businesses in general, provided she actually knows the answers.

dirigibee
2015-02-18, 05:48 PM
A newcomer strolls through the streets of Aldhaven, golden haired and dressed in a simple traveller's outfit. Fresh faced migrants from the countryside must not be an unusual sight in Aldhaven, but this man's fine features and fair skin make him seem even more clueless than usual. As he walks through the streets towards the plaza, his sings loudly while strumming his harp.

And then Rand came to town, and he did look around... he didn't know the people.. but they did like his souund
Perform (strings): [roll0]
The man's performance is almost implausibly ostentatious.

As he arrives at the plaza, the place his father had always described as the heart of the city, the man stops to look around, his eyes narrowing slightly as he gazes around at the occupants and passers-by in the square.

He quickly spots the legendary inn The Sad Flint, enters it, and heads straight for the bar.

Rizban
2015-02-18, 06:41 PM
He hears complaints from numerous people as he passes by, and several people cover their ears. One woman gets particularly upset as your dissonant music wakes her baby who start to cry. You horrible person...

The Sad Flint is just as it always is, seemingly unchanging but never quite the same. The interior of the Sad Flint is quite crowded. People are coming and going all over the rather large barroom. Patrons of any possible description abound, most content to drink the beers in their hands. No one bothers to turn their head when yet another patron walks in. The atmosphere of the place is slightly dingy, but comfortable.

A lone half-giant is serving as the bartender at the long bar across from the entrance. Round tables with an average of four chairs each litter the common area, although several have borrowed chairs from others nearby. More than half of them seem occupied by patrons of some description and number. A pair of armored bouncers guard a double door along the west wall.

Barmaids of many different races weave in and out of the traffic, delivering food and drinks, as well as picking up empty crockery and more than a few pick-up lines.
The barkeep eyes you warily as you approach.

dirigibee
2015-02-18, 06:58 PM
Hail, barkeep! The man says to the half-giant.

So this is the Sad Flint. The tales didn't do it justice. He gives the barkeeper a winning smile. Say, how much does it cost to rent a room for a night? Judging from what I've heard about the comfort and cleanliness of your rooms, I fear it might be beyond my means.
Diplomacy: [roll0]

Rizban
2015-02-18, 07:04 PM
Looking at you for a moment before responding, he responds, "For you? Six gold per night."

It seems that he doesn't like you very much, despite your attempts to suck up to him.

dirigibee
2015-02-18, 07:12 PM
The man blinks slowly, frowning and rubbing his hand against his forehead for a moment, before he seems to become cheerful again.

Splendid! The man counts out eighteen gold coins and places them on the counter. I'd like one room for three nights.

Rizban
2015-02-18, 07:15 PM
"Sure. Here ya go. Put your hand on this."

He pulls a flat, round disk of crystal from beneath the bar and places it in front of you.

dirigibee
2015-02-18, 07:23 PM
Uhh... the man seems briefly surprised, before recovering his composure. .. I'd be happy to, if you'd just tell me what the device is! I don't give autographs you know, haha.

The man tries to identify the disk himself as he waits for a reply.
Knowledge (arcana): [roll0]

Rizban
2015-02-18, 07:34 PM
He just stares at you a moment before sighing.

"It's your room key. You don't want it, don't do it. No refunds though."

Despite the fact that you never saw him even reach for the coins you laid on the bar, they are indeed gone.

Edit: You don't seem to recall anything about this particular disk. As far as you know, it could be one of a kind.

dirigibee
2015-02-18, 07:46 PM
The man places his hand on his brow as if in concentration, when it comes away he looks unusually beleaguered.

Of course. He reaches out and places his hand on the disk.

Rizban
2015-02-18, 10:32 PM
The disk faintly glows for a second.

"Room 261, second floor."

The barkeep returns the crystal to its storage.

dirigibee
2015-02-18, 11:09 PM
The man forces a smile at the bartender, before hurrying upstairs to the second floor, to try and find room 261.

Deadlykire
2015-02-19, 12:37 AM
Krumesh stands watch over Tiny's cart. He listens to the mummers of the passerbies and hears something about ruins just outside the city. Krumesh attempts to stop the next passerby that is talking about it to see what they know. He inquires if they know of anyone who has entered or if they've even heard of someone. "This could be a chance for Tiny and I to earn some coin if we can find valuable artifacts. Plus a chance to get our names out for future work. Building a reputation and bank would be wise," Krumesh thinks to himself. A thought which causes him to call out to a passing guardsmen, "Are there any banks in this city?"

Rizban
2015-02-19, 08:42 AM
The man forces a smile at the bartender, before hurrying upstairs to the second floor, to try and find room 261.He finds that the door lacks any kind of visible lock or, for that matter, a knob or handle. There is, however, a flat crystal disk in the center of the door. Remembering the disk he used when checking in, the man places his hand on the disk, which glows faintly on contact. A moment later, he hears a loud click as the door unlocks and opens for him.

The door opens onto a 10 x 15 room. There is a bed, a chest of drawers, and a large wooden chest that doubles as a nightstand. There's a rug on the floor and a single small window that lets in the fading evening light.

http://www.mornproductions.com/aldhaven/images/maps/SadFlint/SingleBedroom.png

Krumesh stands watch over Tiny's cart. He listens to the mummers of the passerbies and hears something about ruins just outside the city. Krumesh attempts to stop the next passerby that is talking about it to see what they know. He inquires if they know of anyone who has entered or if they've even heard of someone. "This could be a chance for Tiny and I to earn some coin if we can find valuable artifacts. Plus a chance to get our names out for future work. Building a reputation and bank would be wise," Krumesh thinks to himself. A thought which causes him to call out to a passing guardsmen, "Are there any banks in this city?"The guard laughs at the question.

"Of course there are."

He gives you directions to Apflegren Bank here in Midtown.

dirigibee
2015-02-19, 06:33 PM
A little small, spartan, public. I suppose it will do until I find my feet.

After examining the room to see whether the window would open wide enough to let someone pass through, as well as to see what the window overlooked, the newcomer pulled a set of dice from a bulky, but surprisingly light backpack and went back down to the common room.

Once back in the public space, the man spent several hours playing dice with the patrons of the bar, asking after anyone who might be renting out a more permanent room - maybe somewhere more secluded, with street access, and with more space and furniture than could be found at an inn. He also, more subtly, asked whether any kind of equipment or substances were illegal or restricted in Aldhaven.

Gather Information: [roll0] (rooms to let, city bylaws on items)

Erebus Tekra
2015-02-20, 12:11 AM
Tiny looks at Clearwater, "Thanks for the help."

She turns and wanders out the door to where Krumesh is waiting for her. "Hey there. So guess they don't buy the normal stuff here. If we find some magic stuff we don't want, they'll take it though. She did say I can get a permit to sell my stuff and just setup shop from there. So guess our best bet would be to find a trade guild to get the permit." Tiny gets directions to the nearest trade guild that deals with armor and leads the way.

Rizban
2015-02-20, 08:26 PM
A little small, spartan, public. I suppose it will do until I find my feet.

After examining the room to see whether the window would open wide enough to let someone pass through, as well as to see what the window overlooked, the newcomer pulled a set of dice from a bulky, but surprisingly light backpack and went back down to the common room.

Once back in the public space, the man spent several hours playing dice with the patrons of the bar, asking after anyone who might be renting out a more permanent room - maybe somewhere more secluded, with street access, and with more space and furniture than could be found at an inn. He also, more subtly, asked whether any kind of equipment or substances were illegal or restricted in Aldhaven.

Gather Information: [roll0] (rooms to let, city bylaws on items)The window shows a view of the Plaza, though you are quite certain that any window in your room should be overlooking the side street rather than the Plaza. The view of the Plaza also seems to be empty. Closer examination reveals the "window" to be a clever illusion rather than a true window.

He learns that more permanent accommodations generally require someone to be a registered resident of Aldhaven.
In general, he learns that the only real restrictions are on undead. Other than that, no one nearby knows of any particular regulations against items or person.

Tiny looks at Clearwater, "Thanks for the help."

She turns and wanders out the door to where Krumesh is waiting for her. "Hey there. So guess they don't buy the normal stuff here. If we find some magic stuff we don't want, they'll take it though. She did say I can get a permit to sell my stuff and just setup shop from there. So guess our best bet would be to find a trade guild to get the permit." Tiny gets directions to the nearest trade guild that deals with armor and leads the way.

Clearwater continues to smile as you leave, "Of course! It was my pleasure. Do come back anytime."

Without really asking anyone in particular or making a check, he finds only that most of the non-magical trade guilds are located in Guildsman.

dirigibee
2015-02-20, 09:33 PM
The newcomer wanders out into the square, and approaches the town crier.

Excuse me, could you tell me where I should go to register as a resident of the city?

Rizban
2015-02-20, 10:46 PM
The town crier thinks for a minute. "I'd suppose the town hall or the courthouse."

dirigibee
2015-02-21, 01:22 AM
I suppose its not your job to guide newcomers, but could you give me directions to those places?

Deadlykire
2015-02-21, 11:50 AM
Krumesh and Tiny travel to the guildsman in search of Tiny's license. Upon arriving Krumesh inquires as to the different trade guilds available. Their names and what trades they practice and license.

edit:

OOC I'm not sure what knowledge roles I'd need to make here. We are trying to get as much info about all the guilds before making a decision on where to get Tiny her license.

Rizban
2015-02-21, 08:00 PM
I suppose its not your job to guide newcomers, but could you give me directions to those places?"Just follow Mastiff's the way you're headed, then turn right when you get to the wall at Nobles'. They'll be on your right. Can't miss 'em."

Krumesh and Tiny travel to the guildsman in search of Tiny's license. Upon arriving Krumesh inquires as to the different trade guilds available. Their names and what trades they practice and license.

edit:

OOC I'm not sure what knowledge roles I'd need to make here. We are trying to get as much info about all the guilds before making a decision on where to get Tiny her license.

Heading off into Guildsman, the two of you find a private thread.

dirigibee
2015-02-24, 05:32 AM
The newcomer heads off towards the town hall.

Rizban
2015-02-25, 01:55 AM
City hall is located in your own private thread.

Monodominant
2015-02-27, 03:40 AM
A tall, lean middle aged man with a dark complexion, black hair and burning orange red eyes walks through the Plaza escorted by two armed men. Their footsteps are coordinated and heavy. The two men wear tabards that bear a circular design in the chest. http://www.rpgweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Pelor_Amaunator.png. The leading man is armored in an obsidian colored intricate full plate at the center of which the same design is displayed. At his back is strapped a steel shield with the same symbol while a morning star dangles from his belt. From the other side of his waist a gilded tome is secured with chain.

The three men stop for a moment and listen at the Town Crier before the obvious leader addresses him.

"About this spies you mentioned. Where can I inquire for more information? Is the Watch in charge of it?"

Jeriah
2015-02-28, 07:57 AM
A gleaming metallic creature with clanking joints stomps its way into the Plaza. Over six foot tall, a massive black tower shield is strapped to its back. Gears whir on its shoulders and pistons slow to a stop. With the whistle of steam, gears on the creature's head activate, causing its head to split down the middle and roll backwards into its shoulders. This creature, it seems, is in fact a woman wearing gods-know-what kind of armor. Looking at her face, you can tell she's quite pretty... if you can look past the scarring on her face and the bulbous tumor-like growths on her neck. Her skin has the pallor of death warmed over, and her once blonde hair is pale, thin, and brittle. A strange, fish-like dorsal fin pops up from the back of her head when the helmet is at last out of the way. Standing in the middle of the Plaza, she calls out a challenge.

"I seek heroes to join me! I intend to clean out the filth that is the Docks! The foul, retched, rancid, malodorous garbage that has made it the hell hole it has become must be purged. Join me! Together we can change this city for the better! Who's with me?!"

Monodominant
2015-02-28, 04:41 PM
Surprised by the bellow of the woman Formosus turns to look at her. A look of distaste appears on his features as he takes in the details of the pale skin, the tumors and the fin. Though her mettle is to be admired he is not at the point where he could taker her up on her offer... too many things to check with the Temple first and of course the danger he had kept hearing the docks were synonymous to.

"So?" he asks the town crier again.

3SecondCultist
2015-02-28, 05:32 PM
Surprised by the bellow of the woman Formosus turns to look at her. A look of distaste appears on his features as he takes in the details of the pale skin, the tumors and the fin. Though her mettle is to be admired he is not at the point where he could taker her up on her offer... too many things to check with the Temple first and of course the danger he had kept hearing the docks were synonymous to.

"So?" he asks the town crier again.

The man in the full plate with the guards hears a voice echo in his mind.

You seek the spies from the Empire of the Seven Dragons? Our goals may then be aligned.

Meanwhile, Astari stands nearby. She busies herself with watching the foot traffic in and out of Aldhaven's busiest center, decidedly not watching the proceedings. Inwardly, she is dictating every word to Nightblood, who is repeating them verbatim through his telepathic speech to the man. He would have no reason to look her way; she's just another passer-by in the crowd.

Go and get a room at the Sad Flint. There, privately, we can talk. I have some ideas you might be interested in.

Rizban
2015-02-28, 07:17 PM

"So?" he asks the town crier again."Indeed, sir, the Watch is handling this matter. You can find more information with them in the Fortress."

A gleaming metallic creature with clanking joints stomps its way into the Plaza. Over six foot tall, a massive black tower shield is strapped to its back. Gears whir on its shoulders and pistons slow to a stop. With the whistle of steam, gears on the creature's head activate, causing its head to split down the middle and roll backwards into its shoulders. This creature, it seems, is in fact a woman wearing gods-know-what kind of armor. Looking at her face, you can tell she's quite pretty... if you can look past the scarring on her face and the bulbous tumor-like growths on her neck. Her skin has the pallor of death warmed over, and her once blonde hair is pale, thin, and brittle. A strange, fish-like dorsal fin pops up from the back of her head when the helmet is at last out of the way. Standing in the middle of the Plaza, she calls out a challenge.

"I seek heroes to join me! I intend to clean out the filth that is the Docks! The foul, retched, rancid, malodorous garbage that has made it the hell hole it has become must be purged. Join me! Together we can change this city for the better! Who's with me?!"

A gruff looking man who has been leaning up against a hitching post in front of the Sad Flint grins darkly and calls out to the strange woman.

"You and what army?! Ha! That's what I like to hear though! You've got some brass, girly. Count me in!"

Monodominant
2015-03-02, 04:09 AM
Taken aback by the voice in his head Formosus looks around his eyes scanning the crowd around. He shakes it off realizing it is some form of voiceless communication and nods to the town crier tossing him a silver coin in return.

He then heads to the Sad Flint along with his entourage and heads to the bartender. He has seen the half-giant numerous times and knows his demeanor is gruff and perhaps even unfriendly. He knew the Sad Flint had a reputation of a safe place to conduct unsafe business and it was considered reliable. He himself had only stayed once in his years in the city, preferring more luxurious establishments usually but it would have to do for now.

"Good day friend. Can I have a room for a few hours? For one person that is." he tells him and pays the requested amount as well as touches the crystal when that is given.

He turns to quickly scan the crowd in the tavern before heading upstairs to the identified room. His two men stay outside the room door to the left and right.

3SecondCultist
2015-03-03, 08:41 AM
Seeing the man and his followers enter the Sad Flint as requested, Astari moves closer to the door. But she doesn't go inside, not yet. There would be time for a face to face meeting later. from her bag, she produces the miniature construct that is he psicrystal.

Follow him inside, and stay out of sight if possible. I would advise climbing onto the ceiling: you're small enough that most things won't notice you. Their own psychic link is enough that they can communicate over a mile, so she can still relay the right words.

Got it. Nightblood grows some ectoplasmic legs, scuttling over the threshold of the Sad Flint and moving inside after the man almost immediately after him. When he goes upstairs, the crystal follows on the ceiling, and waits until the man is inside his room to re-open telepathic lines.

Sorry about this - can't be too careful these days. My allies and I are here to protect Aldhaven, which means from all kinds of threats. However, the nature of the work we are doing is discreet, and we're always looking for more interested minds.

If you want to do this on the up and up - go to the Fortress, use the official channels - that's fine. I can end this conversation at any point. But my allies and I are devoted to this city, beyond almost any boundary. We will do what needs to be done in order to keep it safe. Will you join us?

Monodominant
2015-03-03, 10:02 AM
Knowing the security of the Sad Flint I would like to make sure that Rizban is actually fine with what you described happening (i.e. that the crystal manages to join me in the room unseen and unspotted before responding.

For me its fine and I doubt Formosus (or his hired help) would spot it but I want to be on the up and up regarding the Flint and the various fail safes it has...

Still for the shake of not getting stuck I will post a response and amend as needed if Rizban blocks it before it gets in my room.

Hearing the voice in his head once more Formosus gives out an audible sigh.

"No. I do business face to face. Only shadows are afraid of the light of day. No secrets and no trickery. The wicked hide as do those with hidden agendas. I do not care to do things on the up and up as you say or only through official channels buts I will not do business with those who fear to show their face due to... reasons. Evil intentions hide can easily hide behind good intentions and I shall not be a vessel or a pawn.

I shall wait here two more minutes. If you are truly interested show up. If not, have a pleasant day."

With that he gets up and waits patiently for a couple of minutes. If noone arrives during that time he leaves the inn heading towards the Fortress.

Rizban
2015-03-04, 09:31 PM
Astari and Formosus continue to converse! Formosus feels like leaving though...

Monodominant
2015-03-05, 02:57 AM
We didnt actually converse as such but yea ;p

As the two minutes pass Formosus shakes his head and exits the room. He motions to his retinue and they head out. Unless stopped they head towards the Fortress.

Rizban
2015-03-05, 08:26 PM
We didnt actually converse as such but yea ;p

As the two minutes pass Formosus shakes his head and exits the room. He motions to his retinue and they head out. Unless stopped they head towards the Fortress.

Heading north along Mastiff's Road, you reach a large gatehouse in the city's outer wall, known as Rivergate. It stands open. On the other side, you can see the great river rushing by with a stone causeway built into it just 12 to 15 inches above water level, the river flowing through channels under and through the stone. The Fortress is built on a large island in the middle of the causeway.

Looking past the island, you can see another large gatehouse on the far shore. Just beyond that gatehouse is the Docks and outer slums of the city. Looking at it, a shudder sneaks its way down your back.

As you approach the massive gate of the Fortress, one of three guardsmen posted at the gate steps forward.

"Halt. What business have you here?"

Monodominant
2015-03-06, 12:30 AM
Formosus, who is now leading in front of his two men, greets the guardsman with a salute by touching the center of his plate where the sun symbol is.

"Hail and may the blessing of the Sun be upon you guardsman. I seek to meet with whoever is tasked with rooting out the slithering spies in our fair city as I wish to aid in their efforts." he tells them cordially.

Rizban
2015-03-07, 06:23 PM
The guard smiles.

"Ah, good. You have information to report then? I can direct you to where you can report in."

Monodominant
2015-03-08, 07:28 AM
"More information to ask about but I am sure I can work it out with the officer in charge of this investigation." he responds and follows the guardsman's instructions.

Rizban
2015-03-08, 01:54 PM
His smile disappears.

"The Watch is not in the habit of giving out information about ongoing cases. If you have something to report, then you're welcome to do so. If you're just nosing around to see what you can get out of us, then there's nothing for you here. Sorry."

Monodominant
2015-03-08, 02:20 PM
"Interesting approach. How would someone be able to provide any information if they have no idea what are the details? All I know is what the town crier is paid, probably by the Guard, to call out about. That there were some spies in the city and information about them is sought after. I as a concerned citizen, a member of the Church of Pelor and someone with a talent for gleaning information and generally of inquisitive nature care to support the Guard in their endeavors. But I am not an oracle and cannot divine what kind of information might be useful and what is already known to you already." he responds annoyed.

"And in any case, unless you are the person in charge of this investigation directly I would appreciate it if you keep your insults to yourself guardsman. Your salary is paid by my taxes as a citizen so try to be more helpful. By showing me to the officer in charge for example."

Rizban
2015-03-08, 02:42 PM
"Fine. You want to talk to somebody in charge, go for it. First building on your left, front door. Dispatcher's straight through there. If that's not good enough for you, I'm sure you could always just get an audience with King Alben."

He steps aside and gives you an overly exaggerated bow as he points you through the smallish doorway into the Fortress. Entering the Fortress, you find your own private thread.

Monodominant
2015-03-08, 02:45 PM
"So edgy. Is being edgy part of your core training guardsman? Along with letting a bunch of adventurers clear the Jacks first and essentially losing the Docks to a group of criminals?" He snaps back not able to hold his tongue. He then continues towards were the guardsman pointed him.

Rizban
2015-03-08, 02:46 PM
The watchman rolls his eyes at you but otherwise ignores your remarks.

Jeriah
2015-03-13, 02:07 PM
A gruff looking man who has been leaning up against a hitching post in front of the Sad Flint grins darkly and calls out to the strange woman.

"You and what army?! Ha! That's what I like to hear though! You've got some brass, girly. Count me in!"She claps him hard on the shoulder.

"Good. We begin tonight. Have you any friends or allies that can assist? The more the scarier."

Rizban
2015-03-13, 02:10 PM
She claps him hard on the shoulder.

"Good. We begin tonight. Have you any friends or allies that can assist? The more the scarier."

He grins evilly. "Why, yes, yes I do. I'm sure they'll be great help. Perhaps we should meet an hour or two before sundown, just to make sure we're all on the same page."

Jeriah
2015-03-13, 02:12 PM
He grins evilly. "Why, yes, yes I do. I'm sure they'll be great help. Perhaps we should meet an hour or two before sundown, just to make sure we're all on the same page."

"Perfect. I will meet you at Dockside Gate precisely one hour before sunset. Until then."

She turns mechanically and stomps off towards the Docks. She'd like to do a little reconnaissance before sunset.

Rizban
2015-03-13, 02:13 PM
"Perfect. I will meet you at Dockside Gate precisely one hour before sunset. Until then."

She turns mechanically and stomps off towards the Docks. She'd like to do a little reconnaissance before sunset.

Moving to the Docks, you wander into your own private thread.

Jeriah
2015-03-14, 11:50 AM
Early the next morning, the heavily armed woman stomps back into the Plaza, returning to the city through the northern gates that lead to the Docks. She takes a deep breath of air when she reaches the Plaza.

"Ah... The reek of fish and filth is nothing compared to the stench of the inner city. Such pleasant aromas this fine morning."

She looks around a bit, making it clear to any who saw her the day before that she has returned after spending a night outside the city gates and across the river. Eventually, she spies Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos and heads inside, looking for the proprietor.

Unless approached by another PC, she returns to her own thread...

3SecondCultist
2015-03-14, 12:30 PM
Early the next morning, the heavily armed woman stomps back into the Plaza, returning to the city through the northern gates that lead to the Docks. She takes a deep breath of air when she reaches the Plaza.

"Ah... The reek of fish and filth is nothing compared to the stench of the inner city. Such pleasant aromas this fine morning."

She looks around a bit, making it clear to any who saw her the day before that she has returned after spending a night outside the city gates and across the river. Eventually, she spies Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos and heads inside, looking for the proprietor.

Unless approached by another PC, she returns to her own thread...

The warrior woman hears a telepathic voice in her head from a little ways off. She can't quite pinpoint the source, but it's definitely male and quite dry.

You're a loud one, aren't you? A bit boastful that you've survived a night in the infamous Aldhaven docks? And now you're here to show off.

If you like, my companion would like to speak with you at some point regarding your experience. We're interested in the area, and anyone with a sharp pair of eyes could be useful.

Kalirren
2015-03-19, 01:57 AM
Jeriah

"Hey! You! In the suit! I've got one question for you."

A tall young woman with a long braid of fiery-red hair scurrying north from the Plaza has doubled back south to address the clockwork wonder. She's wearing a cuirass of boiled leather and cavalry saber in a scabbard on her left hip, a haversack on her right side, a long and thick cloak, and has a tall darkwood riding shield strapped to her back.

She walks up close enough that she doesn't have to shout. "Does that suit of yours work underwater? Or will you drown? If you can manage the river, then I could use your help very shortly." She offers her hand in greeting, and her tone of voice betrays urgent need. "My name's Sascha. Will you come with me to the Fortress?"

Jeriah
2015-03-20, 07:45 PM
The warrior woman hears a telepathic voice in her head from a little ways off. She can't quite pinpoint the source, but it's definitely male and quite dry.

You're a loud one, aren't you? A bit boastful that you've survived a night in the infamous Aldhaven docks? And now you're here to show off.

If you like, my companion would like to speak with you at some point regarding your experience. We're interested in the area, and anyone with a sharp pair of eyes could be useful.She pointedly ignores the voice. She's not interested in dealing with someone who refuses to at least appear before her.

Jeriah

"Hey! You! In the suit! I've got one question for you."

A tall young woman with a long braid of fiery-red hair scurrying north from the Plaza has doubled back south to address the clockwork wonder. She's wearing a cuirass of boiled leather and cavalry saber in a scabbard on her left hip, a haversack on her right side, a long and thick cloak, and has a tall darkwood riding shield strapped to her back.

She walks up close enough that she doesn't have to shout. "Does that suit of yours work underwater? Or will you drown? If you can manage the river, then I could use your help very shortly." She offers her hand in greeting, and her tone of voice betrays urgent need. "My name's Sascha. Will you come with me to the Fortress?"Popping her helmet open to reveal her very fish-like dorsal fin and pale eyes, the woman grins a toothy grin, marred slightly by the poorly healed scar on her cheek.

"You couldn't drown me if you tried... and people have tried. Sure, let's go. I've been meaning to wander by there. Such a lovely place there in the middle of the river like that... I do so hope that the prison cells are damp, dark, and fetid.

Oh, I'm Fama."

Outside of her armor, she looks something like this (http://hotaruthodt.deviantart.com/art/Time-To-Play-120195548) but with a fin on her head like this (http://slayersyrena.deviantart.com/art/Ondolemer-man-406557302).

Rizban
2015-03-20, 07:52 PM
Outside of her armor, she looks something like this (http://hotaruthodt.deviantart.com/art/Time-To-Play-120195548) but with a fin on her head like this (http://slayersyrena.deviantart.com/art/Ondolemer-man-406557302).
Creepy.filler

Kalirren
2015-03-21, 02:49 AM
"Oh," gasps Sascha, seemingly having come to some ephiphany. "Well, how very convenient. Thank you for trusting me; it's a pleasure, and I hope it will remain one." Turning back north, she nods, urging a move-on. "I'll explain as we go. We really don't have much time." The woman glances a nervous glance over her right shoulder towards where the sun is poking over the city walls.

With a wave of her hand, the woman gathers up a rather marvellously handsome horse that had previously been standing obediently at attention as they leave the Plaza for Rivergate.

razorback
2015-04-07, 11:55 AM
Virgil makes his way around the plaza, his long black hair matching his flowing black clothes.
Chewing on the end of his spice stick, he wanders in what seems an aimless fashion as he picks up tidbits of information, storing them for later.
<Things are tense like a storm coming.> he thinks to himself. This wasn't good. Aldhaven on a calm day would feel like the brink of war in another city.
The rumors swirl about, each offering handsome rewards with even larger risks. Knowing how much coin he has in his pocket, he knows that if he wants to establish himself and to become a success that chance is part of the game.
"All part of the game..." he mutters, drowned out in the sea of noise.
Hearing of an opening about a missing cat, he begins to ask around to find out what he can. A job was a job at this point, after all.

Rizban
2015-04-07, 11:02 PM
Virgil makes his way around the plaza, his long black hair matching his flowing black clothes.
Chewing on the end of his spice stick, he wanders in what seems an aimless fashion as he picks up tidbits of information, storing them for later.
<Things are tense like a storm coming.> he thinks to himself. This wasn't good. Aldhaven on a calm day would feel like the brink of war in another city.
The rumors swirl about, each offering handsome rewards with even larger risks. Knowing how much coin he has in his pocket, he knows that if he wants to establish himself and to become a success that chance is part of the game.
"All part of the game..." he mutters, drowned out in the sea of noise.
Hearing of an opening about a missing cat, he begins to ask around to find out what he can. A job was a job at this point, after all.

Virgil directly asks the town crier who is advertising the job, the person who seems most obvious to him to ask. He acquires the address of the potential employer, which is somewhere in Old Town.

razorback
2015-04-09, 12:10 PM
Virgil checks himself and thinks about the old town district before making his way down there.
<I'll have to find out more of the family once I have a name. Could do it the other way, but no harm in finding out some info and some coin first. he thinks to himself as he leaves the plaza area and heads to Old Town, dusting off his clothes and making sure everything looks to be in good repair. As he makes his way he draws his face blank, trying to hide any sign of his dislike for being in this part of town or having to rub elbows with the old money.
Backtracking a couple of times as he isn't very familiar with this part of town, he finally finds the address of his potential employer and knocks on the door while nonchalantly looking around.

Spot check to see if anyone is casing the place and to see if anyone looks suspicious or out of the ordinary
[roll0]

Rizban
2015-04-09, 02:18 PM
Virgil checks himself and thinks about the old town district before making his way down there.
<I'll have to find out more of the family once I have a name. Could do it the other way, but no harm in finding out some info and some coin first. he thinks to himself as he leaves the plaza area and heads to Old Town, dusting off his clothes and making sure everything looks to be in good repair. As he makes his way he draws his face blank, trying to hide any sign of his dislike for being in this part of town or having to rub elbows with the old money.
Backtracking a couple of times as he isn't very familiar with this part of town, he finally finds the address of his potential employer and knocks on the door while nonchalantly looking around.

Spot check to see if anyone is casing the place and to see if anyone looks suspicious or out of the ordinary
[roll0]
There is a rather fancy wrought iron gate on a gatehouse built directly into the outer wall of the mansion, through which you can see a small inner courtyard. An armed guard steps into view from out of the attached guardhouse and greets you, asking your intentions.

razorback
2015-04-09, 03:29 PM
Hello, I am responding to a posting at this address for someone to locate a missing cat. I am an expert at finding missing people and things and thought that I could help in this situation. Will you show me to your master so we can resolve this quickly?" Virgil says cheerfully.

Rizban
2015-04-10, 10:35 PM
Hello, I am responding to a posting at this address for someone to locate a missing cat. I am an expert at finding missing people and things and thought that I could help in this situation. Will you show me to your master so we can resolve this quickly?" Virgil says cheerfully.

"Of course. Please present your card." He extends a hand towards you.

CozJa
2015-04-11, 08:20 AM
Radekon, after his long journey, has finally arrived at Aldhaven, weary but awake in his mind, with a strong desire to uncover the truths of the city.
He stops in front of the king's statue: "Eh, nothing like this, in Auberg, this people really know how to inspire awe" He says to himself; then, moved both by curiosity and need, he goes for the Sad Flint, looking for a drink and directions.

Rizban
2015-04-11, 02:54 PM
Radekon, after his long journey, has finally arrived at Aldhaven, weary but awake in his mind, with a strong desire to uncover the truths of the city.
He stops in front of the king's statue: "Eh, nothing like this, in Auberg, this people really know how to inspire awe" He says to himself; then, moved both by curiosity and need, he goes for the Sad Flint, looking for a drink and directions.

razorback
2015-04-13, 12:20 PM
Virgil continues to smile as he says "Which card would you be referring to, good man?"

Rizban
2015-04-13, 04:37 PM
Virgil continues to smile as he says "Which card would you be referring to, good man?"

"I see." He turns to the page in the guard post and sends him off to the house.
"It'll just be a moment. Wait here." He goes back inside the guard post and closes the door.

Six or seven minutes later, a man steps out of the house, approaches the gate, and whisks you away to your own private thread.

CozJa
2015-04-17, 01:00 AM
[QUOTE=Rizban;19096261

Barmaids of many different races weave in and out of the traffic, delivering food and drinks, as well as picking up empty crockery and more than a few pick-up lines.[/QUOTE]

Trying not to bump into people in the crowded tavern, Radekon goes towards the half-giant; while the towering figure stands before him, he asks: "Greetings, I'm in dire need of something to ease my thirst and I would like to know how to reach the temple district. Can you help me?"

Rizban
2015-04-18, 12:06 AM
He clunks a tankard down on the bar and fills it with equal parts of liquid, one from a clay jug, the other from an unlabeled glass bottle.

"4 gold."

After you pay, he answers your question.

"Go outside, head northwest on Mastiff's 'til you hit the wall, turn left. Follow that road round south 'til you see temples."

CozJa
2015-04-18, 04:13 AM
"Go outside, head northwest on Mastiff's 'til you hit the wall, turn left. Follow that road round south 'til you see temples."

"Many thanks, and may the knower bless you" He says to the bartender then, already bored by the inn's confusion, Radekon walks outside, and follows the directions he received.
When he sees the figures of temples into distance, he tries to see if he can identify Oghma's temple, or else, he will ask for directions... (again!)

Not sure what's better to see (or find) the temple, so I'll roll both.

Search: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Rizban
2015-04-22, 04:51 AM
"Many thanks, and may the knower bless you" He says to the bartender then, already bored by the inn's confusion, Radekon walks outside, and follows the directions he received.
When he sees the figures of temples into distance, he tries to see if he can identify Oghma's temple, or else, he will ask for directions... (again!)

Not sure what's better to see (or find) the temple, so I'll roll both.

Search: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Wandering into the Temple District, Radekon spots his own thread.

Kalirren
2015-05-15, 12:47 AM
Interlude: The Sad Flint
One rainy evening, a red-haired young woman (with the kind of dirt on those boots, certainly no lady) wearing a brown, quilted tunic and a yellow split riding skirt is walking around the round tables. She stops by table after table asking, "A fourth for bridge?"

3SecondCultist
2015-05-15, 01:23 AM
Interlude: The Sad Flint
One rainy evening, a red-haired young woman (with the kind of dirt on those boots, certainly no lady) wearing a brown, quilted tunic and a yellow split riding skirt is walking around the round tables. She stops by table after table asking, "A fourth for bridge?"

From her own table, Astari looks up and smiles. Her own reserves are nearly depleted for the day, what better way than to play some games with new friends?

"I would love to join you, if you'll have me." The woman rises and looks for a chair to play the game. In the meantime, she tacitly instructs Nightblood to keep an eye out on the minds in her environs.

My psicrystal has Mindsight, so it will communicate the Intelligence scores and Types of all creatures in a 30 ft radius to Astari.

Kalirren
2015-05-15, 08:46 PM
"A fourth for bridge!" confirms the woman, delighted. She points forward, making eye contact, then jerks her thumb back over her shoulder. "Wonderful! Com'on, this way. I'm Sascha, what's your name?"

Sascha leads back over to a round table near a corner of the establishment, where two similarly and neatly dressed men whom she introduces as Edison and Peters are already sitting across from each other. Peters, sitting facing the corner, has a pint of ale. Edison is shuffling. There's another pint of ale, which Sascha deftly claims as she takes the seat facing the near wall.

"Gents, I brought some company." remarks Sascha. "So you two decided to gang up on me, huh?"

"We're just used to working together," shrugs Edison.

planswalker
2015-06-03, 07:12 PM
A small reptilian figure walks in from the general direction of the Temple District. The day seems brighter with his mere presence, which, upon careful inspection, is no illusion. The little kobold is actually glowing. More precisely, there are ten little pebbles stuck on various parts of his clothes which seem to be each shining like a torch. These points of light cause his iridescent pale green scales with veins of red and blue shot through them to flicker madly with color as he moves. Unless one has visited a particular temple recently, he probably is the strangest kobold any observer has seen.

After a moment of observation, he walks over to one of the city guards and asks in Draconic, "Hallo! Ich bin Lumos Maximiss, explorerpriester! Können Sie mir sagen, wo die Person, die für den Stadtmauern finden?" A crystalline mask dangles from the 'bold's belt.

I declare that Draconic is a dialect of German!

Hello! I am Lumos Maximiss, explorer-priest! Can you tell me where to find the person in charge of the city walls?

Rizban
2015-06-03, 10:55 PM
The guard glances at the kobold, then quickly shields his eyes from the glare before giving him a closer look.

"Ja, ich kann. Warum fragen Sie das?"
(Yes, I can. Why do you ask?)

planswalker
2015-06-04, 01:52 AM
"Ich habe eine Idee, wie man die Stadt zu einem sichereren Ort zu sein, zu machen, und ich will es mit ihnen zu teilen!" Xim exclaims gleefully. He knew that the people of this city were much smarter and more civilized than the high priest thought. Of course the local city guard would know the important and valuable language of the dragons! That silly mask the priest insisted he bring with him was unnecessary.

Xim was glad he hadn't wasted any time learning the silly trade language the people of this plane used. It would have been undignified.

Rizban
2015-06-04, 10:16 PM
The guard thinks for a moment as if parsing out your words before replying.

"Ich verstehe. Wer bist du?"
(I understand.m who are you?)

planswalker
2015-06-04, 10:43 PM
"Ich bin ein Priester der Solaron suchen, um zu helfen diese Stadt im Kampf gegen die Dunkelheit."

Rizban
2015-06-05, 02:52 AM
I'm assuming you're using a mechanical translator. If that was actually correct, then the guard responds, "Die Priester des Solaron sind nicht verantwortlich für die Stadtmauern. Wenn Sie den Tempel des Solaron finden wollen, es ist diese Richtung," and points towards the Temple District.
(The priests of Solaron are not in charge of the city walls. If you're looking for Solaron's temple, it's that direction.)

However, assuming I've parsed what you're attempting to say correctly..."Danke. Sie müssen sich an Kapitän Herrman darüber zu sprechen. Die Festung ist nach Norden."
(Thanks. You need to speak to Captain Herrman about that. The Fortress to the north.)
He points to the northwest along Mastiff's.

planswalker
2015-06-05, 07:58 AM
I take it Google Translate is not my friend, then. You did parse out what I thought I was saying.

Lumos departs to the north to speak with Captain Herman. "Licht Segen zu Ihnen." He says to the helpful protector as he departs.

Rizban
2015-06-08, 02:21 PM
Those Solaran worshipers were certainly an unusual bunch. Downright weird. He probably wanted to paint the city walls in rainbow glitter or something. Heck, he'd only learned the dragon language because of the little guys getting their noses into everyone's business without bothering to learn the local language. Ugh. Foreigners. The guard goes back to passively scanning the crowd without another word, quickly regaining his mental composure in case any mind readers were lingering around.

Lumos, meanwhile, finds that he has wandered into his own thread as he heads north.

Rizban
2015-06-12, 12:48 AM
A tall, dark-skinned half-elf (http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Launches-Mage-Naming-Contest-2.jpg?1352888556) in fine clothes strides confidently into the Plaza and looks around. Taller than the average half-elf, he's almost human in height and sports a full goatee, his jet black hair pulled back into long braid.

Spotting the nearest guard he approaches, pulling out a piece of parchment as he speaks.

"You sir, I need assistance with directions to meet with my contact, if that is within the purview of your duties. I am seeking the location of one... Hagan Erbauer."

He glances down at the paper to verify that he has the name correct.

planswalker
2015-06-12, 01:01 AM
"You're in luck. Erbaur's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos is right here in the Plaza." He points in the general direction of the shop.

Rizban
2015-06-12, 01:03 AM
The man looks at the building the guard points out, looks down at the paper, then back up at the guard.

"I see. Perhaps I should have examined the area prior to asking directions. Thank you for your assistance."

He gives the man a curt shallow bow and turns towards the shop, which he quickly enters and looks around.

planswalker
2015-06-12, 01:12 AM
Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos sits on the north-west side of the Plaza on Mastiff's Road. A stout wooden door with elegant etching work opens onto the Plaza. The sign hanging on the corner of the building has a picture of a bag of holding with rings, swords, and other magical items protruding from it and reads:

Rizban
2015-06-12, 01:16 AM
He walks up to the counter, stares the woman straight into the eye, and pushes the parchment across the counter towards her.

"I am seeking a friend and ally named Kel'vek who has stopped sending regular reports. According to this letter he sent, he had befriended one Hagan Erbauer. We are to use this merchant as the point of contact."

planswalker
2015-06-12, 01:22 AM
"I'm afraid that Mr. Erbauer is not in right now. Would you like me to leave him a message?"

Rizban
2015-06-12, 01:30 AM
Thinking for a moment before responding, he seems at a loss for what to do. This was supposed to be easy. Come to Aldhaven, contact Hagan, speak to Kel'vek, go home. Easy.

"I must insist that this is rather vital. When do you expect the patron to be available? It is imperative that I am able to make contact with our mutual ally as soon as is possible."

planswalker
2015-06-12, 01:47 AM
"I am afraid that he did not say when he would be back in. However, feel free to wait here until he returns. I'll tell him that this is urgent." She pauses for a moment. "Feel free to look around and relax until he arrives."

Rizban
2015-06-12, 01:54 AM
"Thank you. That is most helpful.

I understand he makes custom items of various natures. Is this correct?
I'd like to place an order for a Torc of Power Preservation which also contains a benefit to wise insights."

planswalker
2015-06-12, 02:02 AM
"Indeed he does. Please fill out this form with the exact nature of your request and have your payment ready. He will have it finished as soon as he reasonably can."

Rizban
2015-06-12, 02:13 AM
"Of course."

He begins filling out the order.

"I understand there is a significant new customer discount. What will the final price of this item be? I must make certain that it is within my current, somewhat limited, budget."

planswalker
2015-06-12, 02:18 AM
She glances over at the forms as you fill them out. She pauses for a moment as if calculating figures in her head. "Yes, we provide a generous discount to first-time customers of 70% off market price. It looks like your request has a market average of 8,000 gold. Mr Erbauer can provide you with this item for 5,600 gold."

Rizban
2015-06-12, 02:20 AM
He nods once.

"Then it is agreed. I will place this order and have payment ready now, if necessary."

planswalker
2015-06-12, 02:30 AM
"Yes, please. Part of how we can afford such a discount is requiring payment in full up front. We use those funds to gather the materials used in the crafting. it reduces overhead ans avoids cash flow issues."

Rizban
2015-06-12, 02:33 AM
"Yes, of course."

He produces the funds in the form of platinum coins.

planswalker
2015-06-12, 02:44 AM
Taking note of the unusual currency but accepting them without question, she takes the cash and the paperwork and takes them to the back for a moment before reappearing. "Anything else I can help you with?"

Rizban
2015-06-12, 02:47 AM
"Not to my current knowledge. I shall simply await Hagan Erbauer's availability."

planswalker
2015-06-12, 02:51 AM
"Very well. He should be coming shortly."

not sure what you're wanting to do besides wait for the other person in your duo to show up.

btw, it's almost 3am our time. Get some sleep so your new wife doesn't have to put up with a zombie for a husband tomorrow!

3SecondCultist
2015-06-12, 08:43 AM
"A fourth for bridge!" confirms the woman, delighted. She points forward, making eye contact, then jerks her thumb back over her shoulder. "Wonderful! Com'on, this way. I'm Sascha, what's your name?"

Sascha leads back over to a round table near a corner of the establishment, where two similarly and neatly dressed men whom she introduces as Edison and Peters are already sitting across from each other. Peters, sitting facing the corner, has a pint of ale. Edison is shuffling. There's another pint of ale, which Sascha deftly claims as she takes the seat facing the near wall.

"Gents, I brought some company." remarks Sascha. "So you two decided to gang up on me, huh?"

"We're just used to working together," shrugs Edison.

"My name is Astari, pleased to make your acquaintance." The psion bows her head gracefully in deference. The events of the previous day continue to cloud her mind, and yet she adopts a smile as she takes a seat at the edge of the table. Those paying close attention to the woman's features might see an especially exotic heritage in her features, but otherwise nothing too unusual for an adventurer. She wears traveling clothes and carries a crossbow over her shoulder. Nightblood stirs in her jacket pocket.

We're going to waste time on cards now? Don't you think you have better things to do?

Not especially. The others haven't stirred from their rooms in some time, I might as well do something productive with my time.

With that, Astari tries to pay attention to the game. She doesn't really know what to make of it though, never having played bridge before. The kalashtar of Hayes' Landing never played it, in any case. Still, she is confident in her ability to pick it up. Learning new things has never really been much of a problem, when you're smarter than most other people.

Intelligence Check to learn / pick up the game: [roll0]

Kalirren
2015-06-12, 01:32 PM
"Astari." repeats Sascha. "That's an interesting name. Where are you from?"

It comes out in the ensuing conversation that Peters and Edison are both Watchmen, and that Sascha has only known them for a couple of days. The redhead herself is from a tiny thorp not far from Aldhaven.

Seeing that her new partner is new to the game, Sascha explains its structure, and the meaning of all the bidding. It's a tricks-taking game with trumps (or not), preceded by a round of bidding to win the contract, which is to say, an opportunity to score points.

The first hand conveniently sees the two men winning the bidding for a small contract, and the women defending, which is a comfortable and low-stakes way for Astari to learn the mechanics of the trick-taking portion of the game. Astari catches on quick, and after the tricks are counted, the ladies have held the gents to exactly their contract and none more.

At the end of the hand, Edison gathers up all the cards back into the deck and sets them in front of Astari with a distinct thup and a satisfied smile. "Your deal, ma'am."

Spookysister7
2015-06-12, 11:24 PM
A dark elf female with long white hair tied back in a pony tail walks into Erbauer's shop, having seen the sign without assistance. She sees Mornair and strides over to him, casually leaning against his shoulder.

"Where's the contact?" she asks under her breath, her eyes roaming the room. She stiffens when she spots Clearwater, her eyes narrowing, and shifts just enough to block Mornair's view of the other woman.

Rizban
2015-06-13, 12:20 AM
Looking up at the newcomer, the man nods and says, "I'm in the process of waiting for him. I am pleased you have arrived promptly."

planswalker
2015-06-13, 07:49 AM
About 10 minutes later, a man walks up to the counter from the back. "You were looking for me?" He asked.

Rizban
2015-06-20, 06:45 PM
The dark-skinned man stands and nods.

"Indeed. I was told you would know of our mutual friend, Kel'vek."

planswalker
2015-06-20, 06:48 PM
Hagan pauses for a moment and motions for them to follow him in the back room where they find their own private thread.

AdamSmasher
2015-06-27, 12:55 PM
A tall, wiry man enters the plaza amidst the flow of morning foot traffic. He wears dirty workmen's clothes and carries an oak staff on his shoulder. His face is wrinkled from three decades spent scowling and his hands are twisted and gnarled like knots of old rope from just as many years spent working the low trades. He hasn't bothered to shave in at least a week and hasn't bathed in much longer than that. When he draws in a long breath, one can see that his teeth are just slightly too big.

Today, he takes a different route than normal. There is a bank in the plaza; he's heard it's the best, but he's never had cause to go in. Blending in to the crowd somewhat, he approaches the bank and surveys its exterior before entering himself.

Rizban
2015-06-29, 12:05 AM
Plaza Bank and Trust is a two-story tall building of stone with large columns in front (http://ojaihistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/OjaiStateBank.jpg) not far east from The Plaza. It's pretty much fantasy bog standard for how a bank should look so people recognize it. Definitely not a courthouse though. Close, but not really.
You stand and stare at it for a moment before defying physics by turning completely inside out in an attempt to enter yourself walking up to the doors and stepping inside.

Inside, the floors are marble and the ceilings vaulted. There is a line of tellers on one side and a number of small, cubicle like desks on the other. The central area is empty save for a few tall counters with writing implements and a small circle of comfortable seating.

AdamSmasher
2015-06-29, 07:21 AM
As he crosses the threshold of the bank, which definitely looked nothing like a courthouse at all, he leans his staff up against the wall by the entryway. He takes a moment to ponder the purpose of the cubicles and seating before approaching the tellers.

"I'd like to open an account."

Rizban
2015-06-29, 09:57 AM
"Yes, sir. To do that, you'll need to speak with one of our service representatives. He will be able to take care of that for you. Just sign in with the receptionist right there near the front door."

He points you to a woman seated at a small desk to the left of the door as you enter.

AdamSmasher
2015-06-29, 06:54 PM
I'm already failing critical spot checks!

The man looked over his shoulder at the receptionist he had walked right past. He must have been too busy balancing his staff against the wall. "Right. Thanks." He pursed his lips and backtracked to the entrance of the bank.

Rizban
2015-06-30, 01:22 AM
You speak to the receptionist who has you write your name on a list before directing you to the ponderous seating area to wait. After sitting for about twenty minutes, a man from one of the side desks walks over to the receptionist, speaks with her for a moment, and then approaches you.

"[name], I presume?"

What name do you put on the sign in sheet?

AdamSmasher
2015-06-30, 06:27 AM
Presented with the list and the pen, he grimaced for a moment, but accepted them both. It was only his name on a line; he could write that much, at least. "Char Kelram." Ten symbols. Easy.

He wasn't much of a sitter, so instead he moved over to to one of the windows and glowered at foot traffic on the Plaza to pass the time. When approached, he nodded his head.

Rizban
2015-06-30, 07:25 AM
"Of course, Mr. Kelram, if you'll just step this way."

He leads you over to one of the cubicles, which is found in your own private thread.

3SecondCultist
2015-07-02, 08:43 AM
"Astari." repeats Sascha. "That's an interesting name. Where are you from?"

It comes out in the ensuing conversation that Peters and Edison are both Watchmen, and that Sascha has only known them for a couple of days. The redhead herself is from a tiny thorp not far from Aldhaven.

Seeing that her new partner is new to the game, Sascha explains its structure, and the meaning of all the bidding. It's a tricks-taking game with trumps (or not), preceded by a round of bidding to win the contract, which is to say, an opportunity to score points.

The first hand conveniently sees the two men winning the bidding for a small contract, and the women defending, which is a comfortable and low-stakes way for Astari to learn the mechanics of the trick-taking portion of the game. Astari catches on quick, and after the tricks are counted, the ladies have held the gents to exactly their contract and none more.

At the end of the hand, Edison gathers up all the cards back into the deck and sets them in front of Astari with a distinct thup and a satisfied smile. "Your deal, ma'am."

"Not too far from here. Ever heard of a village called Hayes' Landing?" She realizes that her own upbringing must be fairly similar to that of Sascha's, minus the 'hidden-kalashtar-prophecy' nature of it all. She allows herself a more genuine ease, as she moves in to deal herself.

The next couple of hands move slowly with more moderate bids, although it sees the women press the advantage and win numerous tricks to put them in the lead. Astari flashes the redhead a conspiratorial smile, as though with a modicum of respect. Of course, she's not about to spill all of her secrets yet. Inside her clothing, she can feel Nightblood's mental probe as he reaches out to assess the intellects of everybody else at the table. She hasn't really needed the information, but the curiosity in her has won out. Looking to one of the men - Peters, the one who didn't deal before her - she hands him the deck.

"I believe it's your turn?"

Using my psicrystal's Mindsight to check on everyone's type (not subtype) and Intelligence score.

Dromuthra
2015-07-02, 09:23 AM
An older man ambles into the plaza, his nondescript wanderer's outfit slightly worn through years of use. As he walks through, several passersby stop and exchange greetings with him, his face lighting up with a bright smile as they comment on the weather, ask after each other's health, and argue for a moment about which shop has the best pies around. Then the short figure makes his way to a bench near the fountain to listen to the crier. "Hm, not much that affects me, though I'm sure the wedding will be nice."

After sitting for a bit, he gets up and walks over to inspect the job postings. Having to stand a bit back and look up at the postings Always at human height... he smirks when he sees the posting regarding the missing cat. Talking quietly to himself, "Hum, that sounds like something I could do." Irthir pulls out a well-worn notebook and scribbles down the address and relevant information. Putting his papers away, he goes into the Sad Flint and walks up to the counter.

Kalirren
2015-07-06, 06:58 AM
"Hayes' Landing? Can't say I have." She makes a weird pointing gesture, two fingers going opposite ways from the handle of her mug. "Is it on the river?"

Peters accepts the deck with gusto. He's much more flamboyant and talkative than both Sascha and his partner. When he's dummy, the subject of the river leads him to tell some tall tale about how the three of them have gone out catching giant beavers in the river with pikes, to which Sascha merely responds, "Oh come on, Peters, it wasn't that big..."

They say that you learn more about someone from one hour of play than a year of just talking. Just from the way Sascha bids and plays a few hands, Astari can tell that her partner's a person who gets fired up easily, will take chances only to back away from them later, and calculates, but not precisely. She loves company, and loves working with others, but has little esprit de corps. She is patient, consistent, demanding, and kind with people, believing in and cultivating their potential, and never hogs the credit.

Peters' deal goes smoothly for the gentlemen, who make game on their second contract, and from the way the redhead gathers up the cards, she wasn't very happy with her part in the defense. She deals the next hand, and passes on the bidding; no surprise, for Astari is looking at a hand full of face cards.

Don't know about Peters and Edison - I assume they're as humanoid as Sascha is. Sascha's Int is 14.
With Nightblood's help, Astari notices that Sascha actually pointed southwest-northeast, in the direction the river flows, when most people would either jerk a finger as if indicating a direction on a map, or point northwest towards the riverbank, where the Fortress is.

3SecondCultist
2015-07-12, 08:14 PM
Astari takes the cards, placing them delicately on the table as she readies a shuffle for the next hand. As she does, the kalashtar meets Sascha's eyes once more. If her assessment of the woman's character and Nightblood's own tacit investigations are at all on point, she could make for a useful ally.

For her part, Sascha would have noticed a curious spirit at the table beside her, one who thrives in creatively using (and abusing) rules to her advantage. A quick learner, Astari strikes a balance somewhere between risk and caution. She's not someone to let losing get her too fired up, and yet she has a remarkable drive to come out on top. She doesn't seem as outspoken or confident, and yet thinks no lower of those with more social inclinations. She's certainly more prone to thinking before acting, and is more than comfortable playing the fool if she thinks it will serve her purposes. Intelligent, collected, pragmatic, with the odd streak of ruthlessness, and shares the other woman's tendency to let her partner take the credit more often than not... which makes for a few awkward hands at the table.

After a little while, the kalashtar appears to tire of the game. "I think I might retire to my rooms soon. There are other matters in this city that require my attention." She tips her head deferentially to the two gentlemen at the table, in her best semblance of good manners. She leans in towards the other woman. "May I call on you again? I'm afraid I don't know Aldhaven nearly as well as I should like, and you seem to know your way around..." She leaves the statement open as a question, deliberately framing it so Sascha will interpret in the most favorable way she can.

She doesn't know people all that well, but Astari knows how to frame somebody's choices. And she suspects that, given the choice, Sascha might profit from a partnership as much as Astari would.

Kalirren
2015-07-13, 12:56 PM
"Oh certainly," responds Sascha offhand. "If you ever need to find me, there's a dryad named Hallethil on Temple street. She's a friend of mine, and I check up with her at least once a week. Other than that, I ride circuit around the city doing odd jobs, so it's difficult to get ahold of me," she confesses. "What exactly do you do, anyhow?"

Rizban
2015-07-13, 11:26 PM
An older man ambles into the plaza, his nondescript wanderer's outfit slightly worn through years of use. As he walks through, several passersby stop and exchange greetings with him, his face lighting up with a bright smile as they comment on the weather, ask after each other's health, and argue for a moment about which shop has the best pies around. Then the short figure makes his way to a bench near the fountain to listen to the crier. "Hm, not much that affects me, though I'm sure the wedding will be nice."

After sitting for a bit, he gets up and walks over to inspect the job postings. Having to stand a bit back and look up at the postings Always at human height... he smirks when he sees the posting regarding the missing cat. Talking quietly to himself, "Hum, that sounds like something I could do." Irthir pulls out a well-worn notebook and scribbles down the address and relevant information. Putting his papers away, he goes into the Sad Flint and walks up to the counter.

Sorry, I didn't actually see this post until now when reading back over the Sascha/Astari conversations.The interior of the Sad Flint is quite crowded. People are coming and going all over the rather large barroom. Patrons of any possible description abound, most content to drink the beers in their hands. No one bothers to turn their head when yet another patron walks in. The atmosphere of the place is slightly dingy, but comfortable.

3SecondCultist
2015-08-13, 10:10 AM
"Oh certainly," responds Sascha offhand. "If you ever need to find me, there's a dryad named Hallethil on Temple street. She's a friend of mine, and I check up with her at least once a week. Other than that, I ride circuit around the city doing odd jobs, so it's difficult to get ahold of me," she confesses. "What exactly do you do, anyhow?"

Astari pauses, before smiling enigmatically.

"I'm somewhere between a craftsman and an artist. If it exists, I can probably make it."

Once the game is finished - the closing hand seems to take forever - she gets up, pays her minimal tab and heads up towards her rooms for the evening. There is no sign of her companions, and she can only surmise that she is alone now. Well, not entirely.

She was fun! And you know how much I love dryads. Remember the time with the sacred pool?

Well, it hardly sacred after everything we did to it...

Right, right. Wacky fun. Hey Astari?

Yes?

Try to hold on to this one, okay?

Of course. Closing her eyes, Astari gets some rest, and awakes to head over to the temple next morning, to meet the dryad on Temple street outlined to her.

Rizban
2015-08-13, 10:32 AM
Heading into the Temple District, Astari finds her private thread.

Seharvepernfan
2015-09-27, 04:55 AM
An athletic male elf slowly walks from the edge of the plaza towards one of the criers. He is looking around, slowly, as if taking everything in for the first time. His cloak and garb are dusty and worn, their colors slightly dulled.

"Wealthy noble has posted a large reward for the return of his beloved daughter's missing cat."

"Who is this nobleman, and where can he be found?"
A silver coin makes it's way into the crier's hand, "And has anyone else asked about this?"
His voice is surprisingly bassy for his appearance and size, and lacks the lilting, musical quality of most elven voices. His tone is relaxed and unhurried.

Rizban
2015-09-27, 10:13 PM
The crier quickly pockets the coin.

"I don't know the noble's name, but I do have the address.

And, yes, quite a few people have asked after the cat. More than that, I couldn't really say."

Seharvepernfan
2015-09-28, 05:26 AM
He scratches his chin, "Hmm. Fair enough. What is the address?"

Rizban
2015-09-28, 05:54 PM
The crier gives you the address to a manse in Old Town.

Seharvepernfan
2015-09-29, 05:00 AM
The he-elf thanks the crier and moves to speak with the two guards by the fountain; He nods respectfully as he approaches, holding up a hand in greeting, "Could you tell me who is in charge of the watch in Old Town, and where I might find them?"

If he gets a simple answer, he will head into Old Town to wherever they told him.

Rizban
2015-09-29, 09:54 AM
The guards look at you funny for a second before one answers.

"The City Watch is in charge everywhere, except Nobles' Quarter."

Seharvepernfan
2015-09-29, 08:04 PM
He smiles at the misunderstanding, "Yes, but who leads the watch?"

Rizban
2015-09-29, 08:15 PM
"That'd be Captain Herrmann."

Seharvepernfan
2015-09-30, 08:22 AM
"My thanks." He grins and nods, then walks into Old Town.

Rizban
2015-10-11, 12:19 AM
Sorry, with a dead computer, I've kind of lost track of all my players. I'm trying to get caught up now.Despite wandering about Old Town for awhile, you seem no closer to finding wherever you're trying to go and eventually find your way back into the Plaza via a side street. You stop and reassess whether or not you even know where you were heading.

Seharvepernfan
2015-10-13, 04:56 PM
The elf thinks to himself, ("Hmm. Cities are a bit confusing.") Then, his senses returned, he heads to the address given to him by the crier.

Rizban
2015-10-13, 06:36 PM
What address from the crier? Okay, let's put it this way. The DM doesn't know where you're trying to go.

Debatra
2015-11-21, 09:18 AM
A heavily-armored Tiefling woman with short brown hair wanders the Plaza, eventually finding an empty bench near the Town Crier. After listening to him for a few minutes, she gets up and approaches him.

"Excuse me, Crier, but do you have any more details about that climbing event? What sorts of 'fabulous prizes' are they offering, if you know?"

planswalker
2015-11-21, 04:42 PM
A heavily-armored Tiefling woman with short brown hair wanders the Plaza, eventually finding an empty bench near the Town Crier. After listening to him for a few minutes, she gets up and approaches him.

"Excuse me, Crier, but do you have any more details about that climbing event? What sorts of 'fabulous prizes' are they offering, if you know?"

"I'm sorry, I don't." He answers. "They pay me to cry the announcements. Not everyone gives me details behind their postings."

Debatra
2015-11-21, 04:54 PM
"Ah, well can you give me directions to the University?"

planswalker
2015-11-21, 04:59 PM
"Of course. It is one of the central features of the Mage's Quarter. Once you're in that district, it's hard to miss. Just look for the ridiculously tall spire."

Debatra
2015-11-21, 10:56 PM
"Thank you sir." She heads for the Mage's Quarter. Along the way, she reflects on the last five years of her life. The bitter work that lead her to where she is today. It sometimes feels like only a few days had passed since she completed her training.

planswalker
2015-11-22, 02:16 AM
As she is reflecting, she walks into her own private thread along with a bonus feat. PM incoming.

AirApparent
2015-11-22, 12:04 PM
An attractive young human bustles through the crowd trying to stuff various papers into his knapsack. He managed to get a few days off, but even still some work followed him home. He had given up on the ponytail his black hair was falling out of and pulled the tie out, letting the hair fall to about his shoulders. He glanced at the Town Crier, declaring the news. Behind him was the Sad Flint. Hmm, possibly. Instead of entering the tavern, however, he binds his hair and wanders off to Old Town, entering a tavern there.

Debatra
2015-11-25, 04:42 PM
An attractive young human bustles through the crowd trying to stuff various papers into his knapsack. He managed to get a few days off, but even still some work followed him home. He had given up on the ponytail his black hair was falling out of and pulled the tie out, letting the hair fall to about his shoulders. He glanced at the Town Crier, declaring the news. Behind him was the Sad Flint. Hmm, possibly. Instead of entering the tavern, however, he binds his hair and wanders off to Old Town, entering a tavern there.

The first tavern you find in Old Town is a small place simply called Sonia's. It's a little crowded at the moment, but you have no trouble finding a place to sit if you're so inclined. It doesn't take long for a young Elf woman to approach you. "Hi there, honey. What can I get you?"

AirApparent
2015-12-01, 10:50 AM
The first tavern you find in Old Town is a small place simply called Sonia's. It's a little crowded at the moment, but you have no trouble finding a place to sit if you're so inclined. It doesn't take long for a young Elf woman to approach you. "Hi there, honey. What can I get you?"

"Some mead, please, and whatever's cooking for lunch. Thank you."

The man observes the crowds and keeps his ears open for rumors of the missing people. He engages the man next to him, saying, "Weird stuff happening nowadays, huh? People going missing, talk of demons, right?

Hoping to make a Gather Information Check on more information regarding the missing people demon cult rumor

Jeriah
2015-12-02, 03:34 PM
If you want to make a check, you'll need to roll it. Your best bet is to go ahead and roll something if you think it's going to come up or that you want to roll it. If it ends up not being appropriate, the DM can always just ignore it. This will save you time in the long run, as you won't be waiting for a response from the DM just to be told you need to roll then waiting for another response just to get the result of the roll.

Also, don't forget that Gather Information checks take 1d4+1 hours.
Simply asking an individual his thoughts or opinions isn't a GI check, and it gives you only that one individual's response, no matter how right or wrong it may be, and he may even lie to you. A GI check usually gives you a general consensus or a collection of various responses and potentially gives you the ability to better determine what information is relevant. Then again, sometimes the general consensus and public knowledge is wrong too.

You should always try to verify any information you manage to gather before acting on it.

Debatra
2015-12-02, 08:50 PM
"Some mead, please, and whatever's cooking for lunch. Thank you."

The man observes the crowds and keeps his ears open for rumors of the missing people. He engages the man next to him, saying, "Weird stuff happening nowadays, huh? People going missing, talk of demons, right?

Hoping to make a Gather Information Check on more information regarding the missing people demon cult rumor

He finds his way to a private thread. PM incoming.