PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons of Doom (recruiting)

Silkenfist
2007-04-05, 12:49 PM
Hello and Welcome to my fourth contest in the SMBG. In this game, you will not be against each other. Instead, you explore a dungeon together. One of those dungeons. The kind of dungeon you face after destroying the DM's campaign and hitting on his girlfriend. Those dungeons. You will all die down here but you intend to make it at least as far as possible.

How does it work? Here are the rules:

1) Dungeons of Doom consists of a number of successive rooms that correspond to the rounds of the game.

2) Each round starts with me describing the room and setting a deadline for the players to describe their reactions to the surroundings.

3) The players describe their reactions in the thread. There answers are not limited in terms of length, morality or realism.
a) In exceptional cases, players may send additional information about their reaction per message. This should be done only if there is a good reason to prevent others from knowing details.
b) Attacking other players as part of your reaction is possible but not advisable. The game is not designed to reward PvP.
c) Interaction with other players is allowed and encouraged as long as both players are agreeing on it. If one player attempts an interaction and the other player ignores it, the interaction doesn’t happen.
d) There is no special punishment for staying inactive and not posting a reaction for a round. In some cases doing nothing will kill the player, in some cases it will save them. However, there are a number of special rooms where only inactive players will be killed.

4) In Dungeons of Doom, a variety of items will appear. Each player starts the game with three items of their choice and in some rooms, additional items can be found.
a) The players may choose any items as your starting items as long as they are appropriate for the medieval D&D world. A tactical nuclear warhead for example is NOT appropriate
b) All players will be proficient in any items they start with or encounter.

5) The players can do anything within reasonable bounds. However, they have NO superhuman abilities and they are NOT able to cast spells on their own.
a) An exception from this are magic scrolls. Magic scrolls count as one item that is used up after one use and produce the spell.

6) After the given deadline, I will collect your reactions and produce the results. These results can be player death, player mutilation, item gain or item loss.
a) Whether any of these events occur is dependant on a certain criterion (whether you have done – or have not done – a certain thing). This criterion is revealed at the end of each room as well.
b) Any surviving players advance to the next room and are given the next description.
c) The events are specific for each player. The actions of one player don’t affect the others unless they are explicitly meant to do so.
d) The game continues until all players have died in the dungeon. The player(s) who have gotten the most far in the dungeon are declared winners (and still dead): Success in the game is measured in the number of rooms cleared before croaking.

7) Roleplaying and dialogue between players is strongly encouraged. But if you do so, please make distinguishable what is part of your flavour text and what is part of the official reaction. I recommend using different fonts for each to minimise confusions.

8) Have fun.

This thread is open for registration, questions, additional ideas and the items you wish to take with you. The dungeons are open.

Castaras
2007-04-05, 12:56 PM
Sign me up!

Can we choose as starting equipment magic items like wands and staves?

Rightio, items to use:

- Staff of Pie creation(Infinite charges, creates any pie that I like.)
- Perfectly ordinary Dagger
- Apple the bloodthirsty clerical pie(Pie that can heal people completely once a day, and can cast cure light wounds 3 times a day. Must have blood spilt on it to make it work.)

InaVegt
2007-04-05, 12:59 PM
I'd like to join

Items list:
Bag of gold pieces
short sword of striking
Potion of healing

Any problems with this list?

Silkenfist
2007-04-05, 01:00 PM
Castaras: Yep. You can have a wand as one item. That wand can have unlimited charges but only have one spell/capability that you have to specify before the game.

Gezina: No problems. "Bag of gold pieces" can count as one item. If something down here will take your gold it will take all of it anyway.

everyone: Take your time choosing items. Registration will stay open for all of easter. Tuesday afternoon, I'll close registration and start room 1 but not earlier.

everyone2: You don't need to choose items that exist as such in DLD and you don't need to describe their exact characteristics. The game is fluff & flavor and it will not depend on how long exactly the rope attached to your grappling hook is (f.e.)

Kyrian
2007-04-05, 01:06 PM
I'd like to give this a try.

Items:

-DeLorean
-Nuke
-Jetpack

(What? I've seen them all in the D&D world... :biggrin::wink:....ok, I'd like to think for a bit before I choose my items, but I'll let you know before you start)

Eldritch Knight
2007-04-05, 01:26 PM
Ooo! I'm in.

Items are: Brilliant Energy Falchion
Everburning Torch
Wand of Fireball

Calamity
2007-04-05, 01:28 PM
Cool! Sign me up:

My items
- Staff of Ice (Freeze)
- Ring of Protection
- Potion of Speed. (Just in case, y'know, I need to RUN AWAY!! :smalltongue:)

pingcode20
2007-04-05, 08:02 PM
I'm definitely in.

My gear:

- Blessed Scroll of Genocide
- For when you absolutely, positively need to kill everything in the room

- Ring of Controlled Teleportation
- (Ring of Teleport and Control Teleport combined into one)
- For when you need to be able to teleport without going eight ways across the room. Just like Teleportitis, only you get to pick where you go.

- Wand of Cancellation
- (Unlimited Charges)
- Stubborn enchantments not coming out? Rust monsters eating your equipment? Dragons breathing fire on you? A Wand of Cancellation can solve all of these problems. A wave of the hand, and all your problems will go away!

Meynolds
2007-04-05, 08:07 PM
I'll play. I'll get items up in a bit.

Items:
- Gandalf's staff (Shoots pure energy, infinite uses.)
- Glamdrig (A sword. Gandalf's sword.)
- Narya (The Ring of Fire)

Krystal_Tiger
2007-04-05, 08:46 PM
Ill play, items coming soon.

-Robe+Hood of Nighteye.

-Wand of Insane, Maniacle Laughter.

-Ring of the night of the living movie munchies.

Want me to tell you what they do? *Evil grin*

DarkLightDragon
2007-04-05, 09:13 PM
I'm in!

Items subject to change:

Silver Energy Burst Greatsword Keyblade (HA!) of Speed (does the effect with every type of damage at once. What? It's one of those dungeons, so everyone should have at least one cheese item! :smalltongue:)

Gauntlets of Unlimited Greater Critical Healing (Like a staff of healing but are gauntlets with unlimited charges and the cure serious wounds is now cure critical wounds. Also, lesser restoration is now greater restoration. So I can use it straight away and don't have to spend time getting out a staff. Yes, more cheese items for cheese dungeons!)

Ring of Improved Evasion (For extra cheesy goodness!)

If there are any objections to this, which will be likely, I'll be willing to change the items a bit. I like to be silly.

everyone2: You don't need to choose items that exist as such in DLD and you don't need to describe their exact characteristics. The game is fluff & flavor and it will not depend on how long exactly the rope attached to your grappling hook is (f.e.) :smallconfused:

Fredricus
2007-04-05, 09:18 PM
I want to join!

Items:

Double lightsabers(brilliant two-bladedsword)
ring of sustenance
400ft rope

Warpfire
2007-04-05, 09:24 PM
I'm in.

-Portable Hole
-Flaming Claymore +1 (bursts into flames on command, can also shoot flames in a ranged attack)
-Wand of Flight

Any problems?

EDIT: Decided I should get something different than the plate.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-04-05, 09:25 PM
Curse you! I'm slightly over-committed in Werewolf-alikes right now (not to mention co-narrating one) or I'd be jumping in. :smallannoyed:

I do want to comment on peoples items. If it's one of those dungeons, lighten up on the combat items (you still want some). Items like an indestructible staff (weapon + utility), movement items (flight, spider climb, dim door), and utility items will probably be more useful. A robe of useful items might be the best thing for one of those dungeons.

:smallannoyed:

pingcode20
2007-04-05, 09:42 PM
True. Maybe I'll go with my original idea of taking a 'Ring of Paper Summoning' and a Magic Marker...

MaggieTheCat
2007-04-05, 11:17 PM
I'd like to play! Have ideas on items, but will post for sure this weekend.

Case
2007-04-05, 11:55 PM
I'll play.

Let's see...

- Dancing Sonic Burst Mallet (Of DOOOOOM!)

- Ring of Spider Climb

- Mancatcher

(Bah on second thought...)

- Shovel

Mewtarthio
2007-04-06, 12:03 AM
I'd like to join:

Wand of the most powerful healing you'll let me get away with (Cure Critical by default)
Wand of Charm Monster
Some sort of cloak of short-range teleportation (at will DimDoor, perhaps? That's not overpowered, is it?)

Copacetic
2007-04-06, 04:39 AM
Sweet! I love alll of these crazy ideas Silke has for games.

-A belt of many pockets,
-a one and a half handed longsword,( That does not shoot lightning, or fire, ice or give me freakin' teleport at will)
-A large mithril shield.

Silkenfist
2007-04-06, 05:55 AM
@everyone: Don't expect big nasty items to save you. If your reaction fails to meet the survival criterion you will die a gruesome death no matter what you carry with you. At best the big items will give you additional options. Did I mention it is a dungeon of DM vengeance. The game will be random and arbitrary and mostly fluff anyway.

@some: Please clarify for me what your items do. I am not too familiar with D&D and in some cases I am not entirely sure.

Concerning your items:

Castaras: Looks fine to me.

Kyrian: Nope. Overpowered items are OK but I mentioned something about medieval settings.

Eldritch Knight: Brilliant Energy Falchion needs clarification for me. Is it a Falchion made of Energy or a Falchion enhanced by Energy?

Calamity: What does your Ring of Protection do? There are no AC modifiers in the Dungeons of Doom.

pingcode20: Ah, Nethack. Something where I have better knowledge. Everything is approved.

Meynolds (Gandalf): Approved. But if you try to create Fireballs out of the Ring of Fire, you will die an extra gruesome death.

Krystal Tiger: Uhm...yes, additional information about the robe and the ring would certainly be nice.

Fredricus: Approved.

Warpfire: If you can provide me with information on what exactly the portable hole does, it should be approved.

Case: Approved but scrap the numbers. There are no numbers in the Dungeons of Doom.

Mewtarthio: Feel free to invent your own items like "Wanf of Cure Super Critical Wounds" and "Cloak of Short-Range-Teleportation". In most cases I will judge by your intent anyway.

Frigs: Approved.

Rumda
2007-04-06, 06:13 AM
i'm in items will be decided on later

Calamity
2007-04-06, 06:20 AM
@Silkenfist: It's an enchanted ring that lets me conjure up a barrier. It has 3 charges.

evnafets
2007-04-06, 06:27 AM
How can I resist any of Silkenfists games?

Items:
- Quarterstaff
- 50 foot of rope
- Halfling rations

DarkLightDragon
2007-04-06, 06:33 AM
@ Silkenfist: I'm not expecting invincibility. I'm making my items massively overpowered for the silliness (and because a certain KH character asked me to help him get revenge :smallmad:).

Silkenfist
2007-04-06, 06:40 AM
I didn't kill Sora. I only made him do things he would have wanted to do anyway. And Kairi had it coming anyway.

Looking at the other item lists later, busy with RAF now.

DarkLightDragon
2007-04-06, 06:44 AM
I'm mainly rather pissed that he didn't get to make an attack of his own free will before his death.

And I also noticed that Castaras is playing... *evil grin*

And I didn't want to use Trinity. Not that much, anyway.

Warpfire
2007-04-06, 09:11 AM
Warpfire: If you can provide me with information on what exactly the portable hole does, it should be approved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_hole

I'm assuming we'd go with the way it works in current editions.

Rumda
2007-04-06, 09:17 AM
ok here are my items
1.flaming frost shocking burst rapier
2.bag of holding
3. rod of wonder

Kyrian
2007-04-06, 09:48 AM
Kyrian: Nope. Overpowered items are OK but I mentioned something about medieval settings.

I kinda figured the smileys would tip off that I was only kidding about those items, but apparently not. I'll get the items later.

HyramGraff
2007-04-06, 02:32 PM
I'd like to play.

Items:
A si (Silkenfist, are you familiar with ADOM?)
A wand of wonder
A ladder

Orzel
2007-04-06, 06:47 PM
Me too

A magic rock
A magic stick
A magic leaf

Generic PC
2007-04-06, 08:42 PM
In... i think?

Rod of Lordly might
Ring of Water Breathing
Food? or will that be provided?
if so then a Ring of Dim Door please.

Silkenfist
2007-04-07, 05:10 AM
Let's see what we got...

Kyrian: Don't worry, I know how you meant it and I am looking forward to your list. I was just using the opportunity to clarify it one more time.

DLD: Maybe cut the "of Speed" on your Greatsword, but the rest is fine. Although I might an insane dying Sora in the dungeon just to gloat.

Calamity: OK. Feel free to give the ring even more charges.

evnafets: Sorry, but your list is just completely overpowered :smallwink: . But being the nice guy I am, I will let you get away with it.

Warpfire: OK. Portable Hole is approved.

Rumda: Uhm....ok. I'll use online generators to determine the effects of the rod of wonder, I guess.

Hyram Graff: Same as for Rumda. And I am not familiar with it, so I would need explanation what the si is.

Orzel: Uhm....OK. But can I know beforehand what the magic qualities of these objects are?

Generic PC: I need information what the Ring of Lordly Might does. And no, food is not provided. I won't pull a Nethack on you and let you starve in the dungeon (although there might be a room of hunger somewhere) but if you want to use food as utility, bait, bribe or anything you would have to take it with you.

Orzel
2007-04-07, 05:33 AM
The rock teleports me to its location when the command word is said

The stick, upon command, transfroms a huge tree-shaped club that I can weild and throw without penalty with one hand.

The leaf transfroms into a shield that casts random nature spells when struck.

Silkenfist
2007-04-07, 05:55 AM
Fine for me. However, the rock is in your pocket if you don't state where it is.

Aegeus
2007-04-07, 08:20 AM
I'm signing up, too!
I will be taking along some simple adventuring gear, but enhanced a bit to match the "killer dungeon".

A returning adamantine dagger (adamantine can cut through steel and stone, and the returning property will make it return to my hand if thrown or lost).

A magic belt of tools, capable of creating any of these items once each per day: A lantern, a mirror, a 10-foot pole, a 50-foot rope, or a sack. (This is effectively a simplified version of the robe of useful items.)

A lunchbox of endless rations (I'm surprised no-one thought to bring this along.)

Akaziel
2007-04-07, 10:32 AM
Ah, a dungeon crawl. How can I resist? I'm in..

-The Anymug! (http://goblinscomic.com/d/20060424.html)

-Returning Adamantine (Masterwork) Trident, nicknamed 'the Pitchfork', and is designed to look like one

- Returning Wand of Jelly Thoughts (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Jelly_Thoughts_%28DnD_Spell%29)

Zar Peter
2007-04-07, 01:36 PM
I like to play!
Item 1: horn of fog (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#hornofFog)
Item 2: Robe of Stars (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#robeofStars) which is unable to teleport to the astral plane (because of some sewing incompetencies)
Item 3: Vest of escape (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#vestofEscape)

Generic PC
2007-04-07, 02:30 PM
rod of lordly might is a little confusing... so ill have different items... i like the returning idea, so lets have another Returning dagger, but with the abilities of frost burst, flaming burst and shocking burst bestowed on it as well. (basically it is wreathed in flame/ice/electricity on command...)
hmm... what else... ill keep the ring of water breathing, and how about FOOD!!?!?!??? ok, so i only changed one item, you wanna make something of it?

Hivemind Ghost
2007-04-07, 02:32 PM
I'm in

Items:
Katana of fire (can burst into flames on command. does hurt the user, unfortunately. Not very well designed, all in all)
bag of shurikens of float. (causes whoever it hits to float uncontrollably)
Cantrops

Deckmaster
2007-04-07, 02:40 PM
I want to play, too!

Here are my items. You say we don't need to be confined to D&D, right?

Scimitar (nothing special about it)
Tome of Infinite Knowledge (A magic book that can tell me just about anything I want to find out)
Glasses of Vision (A pair of glasses with the ability to let me see in the dark, shield my eyes from bright light, see through walls, see far away, etc, each ability with a specific command word to activate and deactivate it. All abilities are vision-based, not offensive or defensive. No heat-vision, for example.)

Calamity
2007-04-07, 03:05 PM
Seen as eveyone else is overpowering stuff, I increase my ring to 10 charges!

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-04-07, 06:10 PM
Sign me up!

-Mug of Endless Grog
-rusty cutlass
-spool of endless twine

Amiria
2007-04-07, 06:29 PM
Sign me up too !

Items:

1) Staff of Transmutation (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/staffs.htm#transmutation)
2) Robe of Useful Items (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#robeofUsefulItems)
3) Fuzzy Bunny Slippers of Spider Climbing (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#slippersofSpiderClimbing)

Jazzman
2007-04-07, 07:03 PM
I'd like to give this a go :)

I'll take:

1) A Ring of Improved Invisibility (always on unless consciously deactivated)
2) A Metamorphic Sword (User can change it's size, length, elasticity, elemental makeup etc etc, but it must always remain vaguely sword-shaped. Remains mentally linked to the user, who can will it to change even when not physically in contact with it)
3) Earmuffs of Warding (protects the wearer from mental intrusions, really loud noises, and the vicious Lobe Biting Spider. They let normal sounds through as if they weren't actually there.)

Aegeus
2007-04-07, 07:47 PM
Lobe Biting Spider? O.o
I guess it might show up in the dungeon.

DarkLightDragon
2007-04-08, 04:56 AM
Although I might an insane dying Sora in the dungeon just to gloat. *twitch* no, i still haven't gotten over it!

Akaziel
2007-04-08, 08:17 AM
Room of hunger? If there is one, I stick by my three items!

Castaras
2007-04-08, 08:23 AM
I've decided to change to some different items which are more my character...:smallamused: *cough*pieomancy*cough*

Jazzman
2007-04-08, 09:31 AM
Lobe Biting Spider? O.o
I guess it might show up in the dungeon.

You can bet it will now that i've mentioned it. And won't you be sorry when it comes after your lugholes since mine are all fluffily protected :smalltongue:

But the main bit about the earmuffs is the mental intrusion, which *hopefully* will protect me from rooms like the threatened "room of hunger" :smallbiggrin:

Deckmaster
2007-04-08, 09:58 AM
I changed my mine. Instead of a scimitar, I want an oversized sword, like Siegfried in Soul Calibur 3.

Aegeus
2007-04-08, 11:08 AM
You can bet it will now that i've mentioned it. And won't you be sorry when it comes after your lugholes since mine are all fluffily protected :smalltongue:

But the main bit about the earmuffs is the mental intrusion, which *hopefully* will protect me from rooms like the threatened "room of hunger" :smallbiggrin:
Bah. I'm sure that my supply of 10-foot poles will help me survive the spider somehow.

GoC
2007-04-08, 01:30 PM
I'm in!
-staff of Passage minus Astral Projection and Greater Teleport can't teleport outside the dungeon
-staff of power
-Amulet of Contingent True Resurrection with 5 charges (see below)

Mewtarthio
2007-04-08, 02:41 PM
-an amulet of clone creation with 5 charges (creates a clone of the user that is activated when the user dies)

Ha! You're asking for it!

Eternal suffering. The amulet gets stolen by a demon. You die and come back to life so that you may be horrifically tortured for the rest of eternity.
Continuity problem. The clone isn't really you, so you still lose, even though somebody exactly like you is running around.
Realistic cloning. A fetus that is genetically identical to you appears next to the amulet.And that's just off the top of my head. You'd better change that to something like an Amulet of Contingent True Resurrection (ressurects the wearer into a new body upon death; wearer can choose whether or not to come back). Of course, that may be considered overpowered.

Silkenfist
2007-04-08, 03:15 PM
OK, let me see over the new lists:

Aegeus: Approved

Akaziel: Approved

Zar Peter: Correct. Robe of Stars is not approved, simply for the fact that you could use it to escape the dungeon entirely. You may devise your own Robe of Stars without that effect (or think of a different one), but the Astral Plane would foil too many of my rooms.

Generic PC: So you have the Ring of Water Breathing, the Returning Shocking/Flaming/Freezing Burst Dagger and a food supply, correct?

Hivemind Ghost: Approved

Deckmaster: OK. Of course the answers from the book will be only as good as your questions.

El Jaspero: OK.

Amiria: OK

Jazzman: OK

Castaras: Revised list is approved as well.

GoC: Staff of Passage is not approved in its original form: Astral Projection is not allowed and Greater Teleport can't bring you to any spot outside of the dungeon. Please create a modified Staff or choose something else.
The rest is approved. Clone Creation will still be overcome by enough death devices.

Kyrian
2007-04-08, 03:38 PM
Hey Silkenfist, may I possibly use Kyr's sword from The Town? It's D&D, though likely 100%+ broken. Makes for some fun times though :)

Silkenfist
2007-04-08, 03:43 PM
I'm no townie but if you hand me a description, I could tell you.

Kyrian
2007-04-08, 03:46 PM
Hmm...

Technically it's a greatsword (since I've no clue what a buster sword would translate to) with fire, ice and lightning damage.

Thanks to Mortia, it has Dragon's bane and Demon's Bane on it.

That's mostly it. Well, it does protect Kyrian from the forementioned three elements, but I can remove that if you deem that too powerful.

InaVegt
2007-04-08, 03:54 PM
A buster sword would most likely be a hugeblade, as detailed in the A&EG

Silkenfist
2007-04-08, 03:59 PM
If you remove the protection it is perfectly acceptable.

And to everyone: I see a lot of items capable of teleportation. Feel free to use them, but please note that:

1. They will never allow you to escape the dungeons
2. If you teleport to an unknown location or random direction, other grim events will occur and it will most likely separate you from the party for one or more rooms.
3. If you teleport to a previous room, you might really escape to safety, but your roomcount (a.k.a. the measure of success) is reset to the number of the room you teleported into.

Teleportation can save you from some dangers but it will not be the one-fits-all solution.

Kyrian
2007-04-08, 04:18 PM
Alright then. Hmm...

Items:

1)Renegade (previous mentioned sword)
2)Marauders Map (is this allowed? :P )
3)Shades of Nightvision. (Sunglasses, give Drow-like nightvision)

pingcode20
2007-04-08, 05:23 PM
Meh. I anticipate my death by loss of my ring of teleport control.

That, or in a blaze of glory by Blessed Genocide of all '@' (Human or Elf). And promptly get whomped in the afterlife.

Aegeus
2007-04-08, 07:22 PM
You're in the wrong Dungeons of Doom there, pal. These dungeons are considerably more doom-filled, and there's no Amulet of Yendor.

pingcode20
2007-04-08, 07:51 PM
Bleh - I took my gear from Nethack. I figure blessed genocide will serve as good leverage should I need to use it.

Altharis
2007-04-08, 08:02 PM
Any room?

Items:
1. Regal Scepter of Walrus Summoning and Controlling! (Functions as a +5 Frost Burst Clouting Heavy mace as well!)
2. Jarlsberg, Awesome Walrus steed of Awesomeness! (Spews up as a Robe of Useful ((yet vaguely walrus-related)) Items)
3. Crown of Final Walrification! (When he dies, a few minor, walrus related, changes to the game will take effect. ((Just cosmetic changes, nothing too big.)) )

any problems?

HyramGraff
2007-04-08, 08:36 PM
Let's see what we got...

Hyram Graff: Same as for Rumda. And I am not familiar with it, so I would need explanation what the si is.

This snippet explaining the orgin of the si is taken from http://www.adom.de/adom/readme1st.php3

V.F. What's a 'si'?
===================

No comment on the details. But it rhymes with "see" when pronounced.

If you are interested in how it got into the game, here we go:
Quite a number of years ago (that must have been around 1985 or so)
I played a lot of AD&D with a friend. We had two characters,
dwarven fighter/thieves of LN alignment named Gorko Galgenstrick and
Groron Garman respectively, who lived through many many adventures.
One day my friend looked at the character sheet of his character,
Groron Garman, and discovered garbled writing in his list of normal
items stating that he owned a "Si". We had no idea what that could
be and how it got there and we were pretty puzzled but left it that way,
making occasional comments about Groron's mighty artifact, the Si.
Months later my friend again was revising the list of normal items
his character lugged around and noticed the word "Si" in a second
place on the equipment list. Now we were really puzzled and declared
this item to be an artifact with unknown powers. The 'Si' in ADOM
is just a kind of insider joke on my behalf to celebrate those great
old days :-)

ADOM is a rougelike game. In the game the Si (strange item before identification) is an artifact that replicates but is otherwise fairly useless. Because it is an artifact it cannot be destroyed. Any Si that is left on the ground will be returned to your inventory before you leave a dungeon level. Eventually you will accumulate so many that your character will be burdened, even to the point of becoming unable to walk. The only way to be rid of a Si is to sell it to a merchant or to sacrafice it on an altar. (You might be able to give them away but I've never tried that.) It can be used as a weapon (+0 to hit 1d4 damage) but then everything in ADOM can be used as a weapon, even gold coins.

pingcode20
2007-04-08, 08:47 PM
Well, seeing as how the power creep is increasing, I combined my last two items and added a new one.

Go exceptionally thorough version of Mord's Disjunction!

Silkenfist
2007-04-08, 09:34 PM
Kyrian: Works for me. But why would you want a map of Hogwarts? Anyway, the Marauder's Map for the Dungeons of Doom will be banned.

Altharis: Walrus-flavor is OK, but I must urge you to state the function of your items before the start of the game. What exactly are the walrus-related items and what exactly are the walrus-related changed to happen after your demise?

Hyram Graff: Si is approved.

pingcode: *Shrug* Approved

Altharis
2007-04-08, 09:40 PM
The walrus realated items are just like a Robe of Useful Item's items, except walrus flavored. Example: 50 foot of walrus-whisker rope, a ten foot walrus tusk pole etc.etc.

The changes I will think about, and PM you with them. Example: The next 10 rooms must feature a walrus, all the players are walruses for a room etc. etc.

Kyrian
2007-04-08, 10:02 PM
Because....I got to know where Hermione is at.... ;P

Jazzman
2007-04-09, 05:00 AM

I'm.....not sure how to respond to that.....:smalleek:

Akaziel
2007-04-09, 05:23 AM

Uh....... 'kay... :smallconfused:

pingcode20
2007-04-09, 05:56 AM
:smallconfused:

...Oooookay... moving on then...

Castaras
2007-04-09, 05:57 AM

I think someone's got a crush...:smallamused: :smalltongue:

Silkenfist
2007-04-09, 07:19 AM
Very...disturbing. Later today I will compile your lists and rewrite critical items to be appropriate for the dungeon. Tomorrow the dying will begin.

DarkLightDragon
2007-04-09, 07:22 AM
*makes a last-minute change*

:smallbiggrin:

Kyrian
2007-04-09, 09:37 AM
w00t! Five replies to that comment.

Thes Hunter
2007-04-09, 10:42 AM
I'm IN!

My Items:

- Ultra great big huge sword of extra damage ++ (I gotta play my character) (( Bah, fighters can deal without their weapons ))
- A Towel (Large, thick and embrassingly brightly coloured)
- A Swiss army knife (with standard set of tools found here (http://www.swissarmy.com/MultiTools/Product.htm?category=outdoor&product=54821&). )
- an empty bucket

Kyrian
2007-04-09, 11:29 AM
Fine...I'll remove the map...for bracers of Strength +5

Castaras
2007-04-09, 11:30 AM
- A Towel (Large, thick and embrassingly brightly coloured)

Yay! Someone who knows where their towel is! :smallbiggrin:

Silkenfist
2007-04-09, 11:32 AM
- A Swiss army knife (with standard set of tools found here (http://www.swissarmy.com/MultiTools/Product.htm?category=outdoor&product=54821&). )

Okay...but you know that the lifetime warranty doesn't refer to you, right?

Kyrian: OK. Since there are no numbers, the gauntlets will grant you a lot of leverage if you attempt solutions based on strength.

Kyrian
2007-04-09, 11:37 AM
Yay, that works.

Deckmaster
2007-04-09, 06:22 PM
I changed my mind again. Back to the scimitar. I'll use a big sword next time you do one of these.

MaggieTheCat
2007-04-09, 06:53 PM
Okay...let's see. I will take...

A tanglefoot bag
A smokestick
An everburning torch

... I played D&D for the first time in over a year recently, and re-discovered some of the cool stuff alchemy can do. Check here for details...

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm

Case
2007-04-09, 11:27 PM
Alright I changed mine a bit. Traded off the mallet for a shovel.

Akaziel
2007-04-10, 09:30 AM
In an anti-magic room, can wands/staffs be used as melee weapons? If they can, expect a lot of eye-poking.

Castaras
2007-04-10, 09:56 AM
I've just noticed...Has anyone chosen clothing as one of their three items?

Or is clothing an item you automatically get? :smalltongue:

Kyrian
2007-04-10, 10:23 AM
Nope, I'm going total commando....

pendell
2007-04-10, 10:32 AM
I want in (though I may back out if the time committment is too large)

My items:

1) A ten-foot pole.
C'mon! Every party should have a ten-foot pole!
2) A set of thieves' tools such as picklocks.
3) A tame housecat as familiar which can be used as a scout.

I think I wanna be the party trap-monkey. Lord knows we've got enough anti-monster firepower already at our disposal.

We haven't discussed skills .. but if we had them I would want my character to be maxed out in Rogue-type skills, with maybe a rank in fighter and magic-user to allow basic abilities in those classes.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-10, 10:58 AM
If I can still get in..Im in

1. Staff of Greater Mirror Image(Unlimited Usage)
2. Cloak of Displacement
3. Decanter of Endless Water

Akaziel
2007-04-10, 11:15 AM
Nope, I'm going total commando....

My reaction is this: :smalleek:

Silkenfist
2007-04-10, 11:32 AM
Maggie: OK

Akaziel: Of course. Magical staves have all weaponlike qualities of a normal staff.

Castaras/Kyrian: Yes, you receive clothing. In fact all your clothing is cursed and will resist all attempts of undressing. And now excuse me while I dip my eyes in bleach.

pendell: Approved. But I have to inform you that Dungeon of Doom works completely without numbers. Actions are judged on the grounds of will work/won't work. It is one of those dungeons you ran in after you drank from the DM's mountain dew and slept with his sister. He has scratched all DC's and either replaced them with n/a or just wrote a "2" in front of them.

Gnome Barbarian: You are in.

Castaras
2007-04-10, 11:34 AM
Castaras/Kyrian: Yes, you receive clothing. In fact all your clothing is cursed and will resist all attempts of undressing. And now excuse me while I dip my eyes in bleach.

:tongue:

Just checking, just checking.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-04-10, 11:52 AM
Can I get in?

If so, my items would be:

A wand of Antimagic field, constantly active!

50 wyrm ditherbombs (You shake them and they blow up with acid all over the place)

ordon goat cheese.

Silkenfist
2007-04-10, 11:59 AM
Rigel: You're still in time.

everyone: In three hours exactly, the signups and the item lists will be closed.

Lucid_Archon
2007-04-10, 12:13 PM
Almost out of time....
Okay:
Magic Staff: Extends and retracts itself on command from anywhere between 5 and 30 feet.
Heavy Shield: With my name written on it.
Water Gourd: Creates 5 gallons per round when opened.

Hivemind Ghost
2007-04-10, 02:21 PM
I've just noticed...Has anyone chosen clothing as one of their three items?

Or is clothing an item you automatically get? :smalltongue:

Hey, Ninjas are trained in the use of every part of the body as weapons

If I have to defeat the Tarrasque via copious use of my genitals, I can and will.

Kyrian
2007-04-10, 02:25 PM
*tries desperately to remove clothing* NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Jazzman
2007-04-10, 02:39 PM
*tries desperately to remove clothing* NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

XD That has got be the funniest thing I've read today :smallbiggrin:

Silkenfist
2007-04-10, 04:19 PM
OK guys: I've put up the Support Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40427). Check your gear and tell me if I got something wrong. In about one hour (7 PM Eastern) you will enter the first room and your torment can begin.

And now: Let's see which kind of room you will encounter first...

[roll0]

Jazzman
2007-04-10, 04:33 PM
A hundred rooms?! Oh man, suddenly I'm thinking this is a very very bad idea...curse the DMs Mountain Dew for being so tantalising!

Mewtarthio
2007-04-10, 04:48 PM
OK guys: I've put up the Support Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40427). Check your gear and tell me if I got something wrong. In about one hour (7 PM Eastern) you will enter the first room and your torment can begin.

And now: Let's see which kind of room you will encounter first...

[roll0]

DimDoor's just a short-range teleportation spell. In this sort of dungeon, I'd consider walking through a wall if I didn't know what was on the other side to be an extremely drastic measure. Though I could DimDoor that way, I was thinking more along the lines of teleportation, say, across a bridge or somesuch.

Silkenfist
2007-04-10, 05:00 PM
OK. Changed it to simple short-range-teleportation

KewlKat
2007-04-10, 05:09 PM
Eeek, I know this is super last minute but can I join with:

A 10 foot pole
Wand of Feather Fall
A torch

Deckmaster
2007-04-10, 06:42 PM
I posted that I changed my mind about the oversized sword. I'm going to do that next time if you do this again. Just the scimitar is fine. The oversized sword just doesn't match my character for this one.

Silkenfist
2007-04-10, 06:50 PM
Deckmaster: Fixed in a minute.

everyone: Room 1 is up.