PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Glorious Evolution Help

LoyalPaladin
2015-02-06, 05:17 PM
Hello everybody,
So I've got a new addition to my party and his character's goals are a little difficult for me to fit into the 3.5 universe. Essentially he is playing Viktor (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Viktor/Background) from League of Legends. But his goals are a little less evil. He wants to build (quite literally) a future where no one has diseases and they are basically all constructs. But he wants to play an artificer to do so. How should I accomplish that? Is there a race that works? He is starting as a gnome, but is slowly moving into the medium category of size. Gnomes are obsolete I guess.

I thought about just switching him out to a warforged later on, but he seems to want to BE a construct. Like an iron golem or something like that. Normally I would tell him to play his gnome till he becomes a warfoged and then he could take the juggernaut class, but he is pretty set on the artificer. Would there be some sort of LA involved? DR/Partial Magic Immunity and the likes seem pretty powerful.

Karl Aegis
2015-02-06, 05:21 PM
The Renegade Mastermaker prestige class slowly turns you into a living construct as you level up and gives you an acceptable amount of spellcasting progression (it may be full casting).

LoyalPaladin
2015-02-06, 05:29 PM
The Renegade Mastermaker prestige class slowly turns you into a living construct as you level up and gives you an acceptable amount of spellcasting progression (it may be full casting).
I did see that... can anyone explain to me how spellcasting effects an artificer? This is my first time having on in a game I am involved with.

torrasque666
2015-02-06, 05:40 PM
I did see that... can anyone explain to me how spellcasting effects an artificer? This is my first time having on in a game I am involved with.
AFAIK when a class just says "+1 to spellcasting class" not "arcane spellcasting" or "divine spellcasting" it acts as if they took another level in artificer with regards to infusions known, infusions per day, etc, just like normal casters.

LoyalPaladin
2015-02-06, 05:53 PM
AFAIK when a class just says "+1 to spellcasting class" not "arcane spellcasting" or "divine spellcasting" it acts as if they took another level in artificer with regards to infusions known, infusions per day, etc, just like normal casters.
I'll run this by him and come back haha...