PDA

View Full Version : What Show/Movie is this?

Vhaidara
2015-02-06, 09:54 PM
I'm sure we've all had that experience: something reminds us of a show or a movie that we watched years ago, and we cannot remember what they were called. So, let's put it to the Playground to help our memories. I've got 2 to start us off with.

1. A TV show where the main character was a doctor who lost a patient, then his job when the hospital was sued, then became a private doctor in the Hamptons
Royal Pains, USA series

2. A vampire movie (Pre-Twilight era) where a teenager gets turned, is given a handbook by an older vampire, and is then hunted by a vamp hunter. The two things I remember are that they could control minds by putting two fingers to their heads and that at the end the older vampire is shot by the vamp hunter, then gets up. When the kid is confused that silver bullets didn't kill the older vamp, he responds "Silver bullets are Werewolves. Read the handbook" or something like that.
My Best Friend is a Vampire

So, does anyone know the names? Does anyone else have a show or movie that they can't remember the name of? If you do, I'll add your request to this post.

Metahuman1
2015-02-06, 09:56 PM
That first one sounds like Royal pains, which was a USA series.

Vhaidara
2015-02-06, 10:01 PM
That first one sounds like Royal pains, which was a USA series.

Thank you, I was going to end up losing sleep over that one tonight. Accursed ADD.

grolim
2015-02-06, 10:06 PM
The second is My Best Friend is a Vampire.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095684/

Good campy 80s flick.

If right, heh 15 or so min to get them both...go playground.

Vhaidara
2015-02-06, 10:10 PM
Exactly why I started this. I knew you guys would come through!

Metahuman1
2015-02-06, 10:26 PM
Awesome. After that cartoon thread I was starting to worry that the playground had lost it's touch.