PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder barbarian alternate

DapperReaper
2015-02-07, 08:48 AM
I've been working on my own alternate to the barbarian class, with a book coming up to have its own official alternate I thought now is as good a time as any to try and get community feedback on my work thus far
a txt of my current draft of it can be found
here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ebc9f78hh1tamq/pathfinder%20raider%20class%20%28formerly%20warr%2 0class%2C%209th%20draft%29.txt?dl=0)

Denver
2015-02-07, 01:43 PM
Seems like a build designed around getting into a group of enemies and standing a chance, with a focus on being the first to act and drawing a lot of enemy attention from the party.

Do you know the party you will be playing with?
Have they looked this over yet?

For my own input, the "Raider" seems a little powerful - but if it fits with a party of powerful characters, it would probably be great. Additionally, you may wish to re-re-re-examine some of the wording of the Raider's abilities. For example, the "Backswing" or "Heft Backswing" might allow the Raider to make an attack against two "flankers" using reach weapons and standing more than 5' away from the Raider, as it is currently written.

DapperReaper
2015-02-07, 02:55 PM
Seems like a build designed around getting into a group of enemies and standing a chance, with a focus on being the first to act and drawing a lot of enemy attention from the party.

Do you know the party you will be playing with?
Have they looked this over yet?

For my own input, the "Raider" seems a little powerful - but if it fits with a party of powerful characters, it would probably be great. Additionally, you may wish to re-re-re-examine some of the wording of the Raider's abilities. For example, the "Backswing" or "Heft Backswing" might allow the Raider to make an attack against two "flankers" using reach weapons and standing more than 5' away from the Raider, as it is currently written.

good catch, I'll fix that in my next draft, I've asked the people I usually game with to take a look at it, but they are usually too busy to go thru the whole thing, so my feedback from them isn't as complete as I'd like, still thank you

Elricaltovilla
2015-02-07, 04:32 PM
This should really be in the homebrew forum.

DapperReaper
2015-02-07, 04:47 PM
This should really be in the homebrew forum.

sorry I didn't realize there was a specific forum for that, could one of the moderators move it?