PDA

View Full Version : Belkar's daggers

Healos
2007-04-05, 02:49 PM
Hay who knowdest that Belkar's dagger like keep showing up, he'll throw one dagger but still have two like in the new comic he kills that archer guy with one dagger and at the bottom the hobbi says put down your 'Dagger' and then suddenaly he has two...magic daggers? or just a lot of daggers stored on him?:smallconfused:

Nightmarenny
2007-04-05, 03:00 PM
Hay who knowdest that Belkar's dagger like keep showing up, he'll throw one dagger but still have two like in the new comic he kills that archer guy with one dagger and at the bottom the hobbi says put down your 'Dagger' and then suddenaly he has two...magic daggers? or just a lot of daggers stored on him?:smallconfused:So? Weapons that arn't wielded don't show. He has lots of daggers.

Icewalker
2007-04-05, 03:08 PM
yeah, daggers aren't that hard to get. And if that isn't actually the point you are making, I can't relaly tell, fix the grammar and spelling and we may be able to answer better.

SteveMB
2007-04-05, 03:09 PM
just a lot of daggers stored on him?:smallconfused:
Hopefully not somewhere he's reasonably certain no one would search (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0261.html).... :smalleek:

TheAlmightyOne
2007-04-05, 03:31 PM
Belkar has so many daggers concealed about himself that he occasionaly stabs himself when he walks. Does that answer your question?

Zanaril
2007-04-05, 03:43 PM
Belkar has so many daggers concealed about himself that he occasionaly stabs himself when he walks. Does that answer your question?

Then lets really hope that he doesn't keep them somewhere he's "reasonably certain no one would search".

Green Bean
2007-04-05, 03:57 PM

Well, that would explain the whole 'overwhelming desire to kill things', wouldn't it? :smallwink:

Drider
2007-04-05, 04:05 PM
Maybe his hands are REMOVEABLE daggers, that grow back...Thus explaining why he gets so mad and needs to kill so much sentinent life...and why he would take the ranger class

Black of Night
2007-04-05, 04:13 PM
Do any of you watch Stargate Atlantis?

(After going through like 9 knives/daggers trying to hit something)
Rodney: "How many of those do you have?"
Ronin: "How many do you need?" (while pulling another out of his hair)

Ok, so I might be a little off, but you get the point.

Also, "Yay, faint hope."

Yakk
2007-04-05, 04:21 PM
Dagger of Returning.

You don't want to know where it returns, but on every hit it requires a DC 10 fort save.

chibibar
2007-04-05, 04:26 PM
magical daggers always return to the hand of the owner :) (hilt first) so he could never cuts himself.

Malhavok
2007-04-05, 04:47 PM
Maybe he has daggers like Jaraxle from the Drizzit books? Always one when you need it?

Threeshades
2007-04-05, 04:55 PM
He's storing them in his bag of plot.

Elan's rapier also disappears when he isnt using it. And haley also produces arrows out of nowhere.

Belkar just has got more than 2 daggers.

Mewtarthio
2007-04-05, 05:05 PM
yeah, daggers aren't that hard to get. And if that isn't actually the point you are making, I can't relaly tell, fix the grammar and spelling and we may be able to answer better.

My work here is finished. Fare thee well. :smallwink:

Iggero
2007-04-05, 05:17 PM
Given the sheer practicality of daggers, I would say he has a great number about him, possibly concealed in the cape. MY question is, how is he doing that much damage? I wish Quill was that good.

Chimaera2000
2007-04-05, 05:27 PM
He's made good choices for his favored enemies.

Threeshades
2007-04-05, 05:34 PM
Given the sheer practicality of daggers, I would say he has a great number about him, possibly concealed in the cape. MY question is, how is he doing that much damage? I wish Quill was that good.

Those are hobgoblins. I had a D&D session today in which i sent quite a few of them against the players. I learned: A hobgoblin usually already dies when you just point your finger at it.
If these are more than the lvl Hobgoblin warriors from the Monster manual you dont need to do much damage to kill them.

Other wise they might be +3 Daggers or something like that.

Hyrael
2007-04-05, 05:57 PM
Belkar cant reasonably have a base strength sore more than 14 (18 when raging). Lets assume he has favored enemy (goblinoid) and keeps a pair of at least +3 daggers that he never throws, plus a few gajilion masterwork or +1 daggers all about his person. therefore, he deals at the very least 1d3+7 dmg to a hobgoblin with a favored dagger, and 1d3+4 with a non-magical masterwork dagger that he throws. Factor in any other strength and dmg enhancing items that he has, plus maybe power attack, and even while not raging, a single thrown dagger hit WILL kill a 9 HP hobgoblin.

Nightmarenny
2007-04-05, 06:06 PM
Belkar cant reasonably have a base strength sore more than 14 (18 when raging). Lets assume he has favored enemy (goblinoid) and keeps a pair of at least +3 daggers that he never throws, plus a few gajilion masterwork or +1 daggers all about his person. therefore, he deals at the very least 1d3+7 dmg to a hobgoblin with a favored dagger, and 1d3+4 with a non-magical masterwork dagger that he throws. Factor in any other strength and dmg enhancing items that he has, plus maybe power attack, and even while not raging, a single thrown dagger hit WILL kill a 9 HP hobgoblin.
Why can't Belkar resonably have more strength than that? He can start with at most 16, and has about three ability score increase's that most definitly went to phisical prowess. So anywhere from 16 to 19 is fairly possible.

NeonRonin
2007-04-05, 07:28 PM
I'm having flashbacks to Trigun here- specifically Meryl Stryfe's 3 dozen Derringers hidden in her travel cloak. It's the same thing with Belkar, he must be wearing a Halfling Cloak of Dagger Storage(allows the wearer to carry 3d6 x 10 daggers while disregarding their weight, in the same manner as the Belt of Many Pouches). He keeps his throwing daggers there, and hides his Magic daggers in Wristbands of Storing(like the Glove of Storing, but more compact).

OK, I put a little too much thought into this... :smallbiggrin:

the_tick_rules
2007-04-05, 07:29 PM
i'm sure his main daggers are magical his what, level 12?