PDA

View Full Version : Incorporeal creatures using magic items.

GargantuanOwl
2015-02-07, 02:02 PM
So I'm staring a campaign and my friend wants to play as a Unbodied and one of my concerns is magic items to drop for him. My question is are there ways for incorporeal creatures to use magic items such as belts and gloves.

YossarianLives
2015-02-07, 02:14 PM
Not that I'm aware of. I would probably houserule that ghost-touch weapons could be used by ghosts and the like.

Bad Wolf
2015-02-07, 02:16 PM
Ghostly Grasp? Requires CHA 15, but I'm pretty sure it works for living ones too.

GargantuanOwl
2015-02-07, 03:52 PM
Now when using ghostly grasp do the items stay corporeal or do they become incorporeal

kellbyb
2015-02-07, 03:58 PM
Savage species states that the ghost touch enchantment allows incorporeal creatures to use such items. It goes an to state the ghost touch can be applied to items other than weapons or armor. When used as such it adds 10% to the item's cost.

Forrestfire
2015-02-07, 03:59 PM
It could be either. Ghostly Grasp lets you use them as if you were not incorporeal, so they stay corporeal. However, you can also choose to use them as an incorporeal creature, at which point the objects become incorporeal as well, per the updated subtype in the Tome of Battle and MM3.

Jeff the Green
2015-02-07, 04:11 PM
They become incorporeal.

Any equipment worn or carried by an incorporeal creature is also
incorporeal as long as it remains in the creature’s possession.

Jack_Simth
2015-02-07, 06:12 PM
So I'm staring a campaign and my friend wants to play as a Unbodied and one of my concerns is magic items to drop for him. My question is are there ways for incorporeal creatures to use magic items such as belts and gloves.

As noted by Bad Wolf, Ghostly Grasp (From Libris Mortis) covers most of that. Of slightly larger concern is that you're going to have what's essentially a Psion-4 in an 8th level party.