PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a character sheet

questionmark693
2015-02-07, 05:45 PM
I'm looking for a decent character sheet, and I'm not too picky about it for the most part, except for two things. One, it needs to be for D&D 3.5. Two, the skill list needs to be blank so I can fill it in myself. Does anybody know of a character sheet of that nature?

ericgrau
2015-02-07, 05:50 PM
There are thousands out there, and probably many with blank skills. Here's one I just made:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwMi5YLvWQcPdmFSVkdJS1Jzb1k/view?usp=sharing

It's a little tight but it accomplishes what I couldn't find anywhere else: It's 1 page. Space is just a little tight but I think it should be fine until level 15 and it still has a lot of space where it matters. Except I think equipment is a bit tight if you like to carry 100 different random trinkets. Then you might want to write them on a separate sheet. And it only has the basics like the PHB sheets. If you want special mechanics like maneuvers again you better get more paper. Or use the spell section.

It helps that I have the key ability memorized for all skills usable untrained. Not sure if you do. So that way I only have to write down the skills that I have ranks in.

questionmark693
2015-02-07, 05:55 PM
That's awesome! Thank you sir/ma'am :) Can I ask...how do you make a character sheet? I wouldn't mind learning that skill.....

torrasque666
2015-02-07, 05:57 PM
Myth-weavers will let you rewrite all its skills if that's the important bit.

questionmark693
2015-02-07, 05:59 PM
Noted, I will look into myth-weavers as an alternative option too. Thanks :)

ericgrau
2015-02-07, 06:02 PM
That's awesome! Thank you sir/ma'am :) Can I ask...how do you make a character sheet? I wouldn't mind learning that skill.....

There are lots of ways. Excel, MS paint, Word, whatever. For this one I used Excel with narrow columns and rows. For larger areas I merged cells. For example a standard sized row is 3 merged rows in that sheet. A gap is 1 row. A small row is 2 merged rows.

There are many freeware online programs to print to PDF, or you can print directly from the original program. PDF is merely nice for sharing because it locks everything in place versus what happens if someone's version of Office is different or they don't have Office or something.

HunterOfJello
2015-02-07, 07:15 PM
http://www.basingstokeanimesociety.com/dyslexic/

Dyslexic Studeos has my favorite character sheets

On the copy of their pdf that I have, there is a character sheet with all blank entries for skills (page 22)

Grooke
2015-02-15, 01:19 PM
Here the one I made:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-VBmjOCnpc7aGJHV0tuWFVaRWM/view?usp=sharing

While not nearly as complete as the Dyslexic ones (o_O), it is easily editable in Open Office Calc, and has plenty of auto-fill (cyan cells)
For your blank skills, you can just replace the names and key abilities of the existing ones (just make sure its not counting an armor check penalty where it shouldn't).