PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Soulknife (WarSoul)

JohnStone
2015-02-07, 05:56 PM
The Warsoul (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/war-soul-soulknife-archetype) is a new archetype for the soulknife using the Path of War (I assume)

Anyhow it would appear that with the broken blade maneuvers available to the class it would mesh very well with the deadly fist archetype. I am hoping someone might have some experience with the class or some of the manuevers.

my first thought is to build a WISknife Soulknife(DF/WS)5/Monk(MoMS)1 for an upcoming game of mine. again the broken blade manuevers look very interesting Pugilists stance/Bronzeknuckle could be devastating while martial charge/flurry strike would also be helpful for closing into melee.

At the very least i would like to start some discussion about the archetype as i have been able to find very little online.

Vhaidara
2015-02-07, 06:38 PM
I was actually using that combo in a game here that died. It has a lot of potential. Broken Blade is basically the monk 2.0 discipline, and Deadly Fist War Soul is probably the best way to access it.

Drelua
2015-02-07, 06:58 PM
I did play a very similar character sometime last year, but of course that was before this archetype existed. It was a Deadly Fist Gifted Blade (Gifted Fist?) Soulknife 4/MoMS Sohei Monk 1 with Focused Offence, and I thought it worked really well. I took Monkey and Snake Style, although I likely would have swapped Monkey for something else if I was optimizing it more seriously. Inertial Armor was great, as were some of the racial abilities I got from being an Elan. Unfortunately, I only got to play it for one session before the DM had to leave the country for work, and I ended up leaving the group before he got back. :smallfrown:

Almarck
2015-02-07, 07:04 PM
Now I'm really interested in this. Say is it just me or can you combo this with soul bolt?

JohnStone
2015-02-07, 07:13 PM
I to have played around with this build as a gifted blade...I want to try something different
unfortunately my races are limited to paizo so i decided to go with an Undine for the stats and some cool abilities.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/13/c0/eb/13c0eb010c41678975c34c97cf1c6426.jpg

as far as using warsoul with a soulbolt i would think it should work with the Solar Wind manuevers

Greenish
2015-02-09, 11:02 AM
You don't really need Soulbolt, though, just take Discipline Blade Shapes and form your mind blade into a longbow. Or, while you're at it, a rifle.

Discipline Blade Shapes is all kinds of wacky, really. With the standard schools you have, you can turn your mindblade into any weapon of close, monk, natural (!), bow, crossbow, firearm (!), thrown, light blade, double weapon, or spear groups, which you're automatically proficient with. You know, as a move or swift action. If you can't get into melee range, assume a Solar Wind stance and start banging away with your Mind Rifle or Mind Pistols.

[Edit]: Okay, no Mind Pistols, since you can't form two one-handed weapons.

stack
2015-02-09, 11:10 AM
Could weapon group adaptation do something fun like get you a mind-cannon?

Greenish
2015-02-09, 11:19 AM
Siege Engines are unfortunately their own weapon group (which unsurprisingly belongs to no discipline). One notes, though, that launching crossbow (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/crossbow-launching) should be doable, and the blade skill says that "ranged weapons that use ammunition generate their own standard ammunition", so have fun arguing with the DM whether Alchemist's Fire should be considered standard ammunition for one.

Also, get shotgun with Stance of Piercing Rays and have fun shooting 1d8+1d6 damage touch attack 20 ft. (or 50 ft. with Steady Hand boost) cones at level 2, all day long.

stack
2015-02-09, 11:22 AM
Darn, weapon group adaptation specifically does not allow siege weapons.:smallfrown:

Greenish
2015-02-09, 11:35 AM
Oh hey, while siege weapons are a weapon group of their own, siege firearms belong to the firearms group. Not sure where the stats for those are, though.

Also, most technological weapons (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/technological-weapons) fall under the firearms group. Have fun with your Gravity Rifle.

Tohsaka Rin
2015-02-10, 01:23 AM
Is now a bad time to bring up Akashic Handcannons?

I feel like bringing up gun arms would really be best for this discussion.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a590e5cde86681d27fd010350a1b6fa0/tumblr_mnr4il0YZN1qltc1qo1_500.gif

Greenish
2015-02-10, 02:41 AM
Is now a bad time to bring up Akashic Handcannons?Not a bad time, just a bad place. There's a topic to this topic, see?

Tohsaka Rin
2015-02-10, 03:04 AM
I bring it up, because it seems like an effective combo with the Deadly Fist variant. A ranged weapon you don't actually have to wield or switch to. Especially since the Warsoul gets access to Solar Wind.

You can access the veil with a single feat, if I'm remembering correctly, so no need to dip, even.

stack
2015-02-10, 07:11 AM
You won't have the essence capacity to get the most out of them, so your enhancement bonus will be low. Non-existan without an essence source, which means more feats/racial choice, etc.

JohnStone
2015-02-10, 05:05 PM
as the OP i love some of the discussion that has happened here on this thread...

right now i am planning a lvl 6 undine for a survive this horrible island while being hunted type game.

im looking at (Deadly fist/war soul) 5/ monk (moms)1
Blade skill: focused offense
Dragon style: (lots of goodies here ill be in a jungle)

Feats are tough i know there are some really good ones
extra blade skill:Broken Blade attitude (ill never leave pugilist stance)
Discipline focus +2 more damage (i am up to 2d6+10) plus enhancements
(this all assumes that unarmed attacks are discipline weapons for Broken Blade)

XBS: Combat slide?
Martial charge? (with flurry strike)
i am sure there are some of those crazy lvl 1 feats that grant something awesome any ideas

Also "Leaping dragon" does this allow a leap of 10-30 feet as a swift action that i can follow with a full attack?

and traits, i get 2... one has to have survival as class skill, any other good ones?