PDA

View Full Version : Disjunction yourself

Genesic
2015-02-07, 07:23 PM
Does my disjunction disjunct spell effects on me?

Aegis013
2015-02-07, 07:35 PM
Yes. Unless the burst is centered far enough away that you're not contained inside the area of effect, or you're using something like Extraordinary Spell Aim from Complete Adventurer or similar.

Chronos
2015-02-07, 07:37 PM
Yes, if you're in the area of effect. The solution is to not put yourself in the area of effect of a Disjunction.

Genesic
2015-02-07, 07:49 PM
Would any effects made by Alter reality be affected? Since that's the only way I know that can reproduce magic effects but might not BE magic.

Bad Wolf
2015-02-07, 08:12 PM
Would any effects made by Alter reality be affected? Since that's the only way I know that can reproduce magic effects but might not BE magic.

Depends whether or not your DM decides Psionics and Magic are separate or not.

Renen
2015-02-07, 08:16 PM
I think the OP might have meant the god ability.

Bad Wolf
2015-02-07, 08:25 PM

Ah. Then it probably depends on what they did. If they made something non-magical, then no. It's as real as the ground underneath your feet.

Magical effects and the like... I'd say yes, but ask your DM.

atemu1234
2015-02-07, 08:27 PM

In that case, disjunction will still affect it, if it is magical.

Frostthehero
2015-02-08, 01:44 AM
Ah. Then it probably depends on what they did. If they made something non-magical, then no. It's as real as the ground underneath your feet.

Magical effects and the like... I'd say yes, but ask your DM.

This is correct. Disjunction kills all magic. All of it.

Emperor Tippy
2015-02-08, 07:51 AM
Salient Divine Abilities aren't tagged as magical anywhere. They ignore Disjunction, Dispel, AMF, Dead magic zones, etc. as a general rule.

Renen
2015-02-08, 01:29 PM
Tippy comes through again!

Douglas
2015-02-08, 01:45 PM
Disjunction has a specific exception:

All magical effects and magic items within the radius of the spell, except for those that you carry or touch, are disjoined.

So the question is, do spells that target you count as being carried or touched by you? I would say yes, so the answer to the original question is actually no, spells on you are not affected by your own Disjunction.

holywhippet
2015-02-08, 09:37 PM
Does that clause refer to magic effects and items or just items? To me it would mean just the latter since you don't actually carry or touch spells.

Aegis013
2015-02-08, 11:13 PM
Does that clause refer to magic effects and items or just items? To me it would mean just the latter since you don't actually carry or touch spells.

I would think the same, but the wording is certainly ambiguous enough to leave Douglas' interpretation as a legitimate possibility.

goto124
2015-02-08, 11:15 PM
Maybe you can choose whether or not your own spells get disconnected when you case Disjunction on yourself?

holywhippet
2015-02-08, 11:53 PM
I would think the same, but the wording is certainly ambiguous enough to leave Douglas' interpretation as a legitimate possibility.

Yeah, maybe. But that makes the spell a lot less useful. If an enemy magic user has dropped a darkness spell on you and you are trying to use disjunction to take out the spell and any other magic in the target direction then the darkness spell isn't going to be removed since it is technically touching you.