PDA

View Full Version : Craft Homunculus

Nosta
2015-02-07, 08:11 PM
can some help me craft my Homunculus for my level 8 artificer that is gestalted with the Factotum class?

Bad Wolf
2015-02-07, 08:22 PM
can some help me craft my Homunculus for my level 8 artificer that is gestalted with the Factotum class?

Not really sure what you mean, but I'll try...

1: Can another PC/NPC help me make one in the game?

Yes. Two spellcasters can collaborate on magic items, however in the case of constructs, I believe whoever has the feat is the designated master.

2: Can someone help me customize my homunculus?

They're pretty generic. You can't really change from the one in the SRD, besides adding on additional Hit Die, with each additional one costing 2000 gp extra.

atemu1234
2015-02-07, 08:29 PM
If your DM lets you, try the fleshwarper PrC.

Coidzor
2015-02-08, 03:25 AM

What do you want to know? :smallconfused: What homunculi to make? How many to make?

That largely depends upon what you want to do and your party composition and what you all have been doing so far.

unseenmage
2015-02-08, 07:23 AM
Pathfinder has rules for Improved Homunculi. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/homunculus)

There's also the 'Constructs as Magic Items' rules interpretation through which Constructs are actually Magic Items and can be combined with other Magic Items via the Custom Magic Item guidelines in the DMG. Needless to say this can be very very cheesey and should be checked with your DM.

phlidwsn
2015-02-08, 08:16 AM
There's Also Improved Homunculus in Magic of Eberron p 49, and additional Homunculus types on p 151-153 to use in addition to the ones in ECS. An arbalester perched on your shoulder is always fun, it can be improved as a homunculus and enchanted as a crossbow.

Ethereal filchers are fun when improved with sneak attack. To quote the artificer handbook: "Why have an obvious ball of spikes in combat that the enemy knows is a threat, when your filcher can silently climb up their legs and Sneak Attack them in… “a vulnerable area that does not often see the light of day”? Yeah, ouch. Check please."

Afgncaap5
2015-02-08, 12:16 PM
There are also a few odd monsters that can be created using the Craft Homunculus class feature. The Clockwork Mender from Monster Manual 4, for instance, can be treated as a familiar for this purpose.

Urpriest
2015-02-08, 01:42 PM
In case you're after something more basic, if there are unfamiliar terms in the description of how to craft homunculi they're mostly going to have to do with monster stats, so I'd recommend reading the guide in my sig if you're not already familiar with things like Hit Dice and how the different creature types work.