PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Favored Soul help!

sammyp03
2015-02-08, 03:23 PM
Hello fellow Forum brothers! I need some advice. I am currently in a campaign where I am a 5th level favored soul in a party of 6. We have a Paladin (homebrew design) a beguiler, rogue, wizard, and a duskblade. Me,the paladin,and the rogue serve as the primary melee combatants where me and the wizard serve as the primary battle field controlers as well (buff and debuffs hurray!)
I am looking for some PrC's that make me a little more on the combat side. My attributes are.
Str 12
Dex 9
Con 14
Int 14
Wis 12
Cha 18

A Tad Insane
2015-02-08, 04:28 PM
Step one, sacred exorcist
Step two, crusader
Step three, ruby knight vindicator

That's the best you can do without "wizard-> shape change-> sandwich-> dragon"

sammyp03
2015-02-08, 06:19 PM
Ebberon books are not allowed or i would have went that route.

Xerlith
2015-02-08, 06:20 PM
Sacred Exorcist comes online too late. It's better to either dip Cloistered Cleric or grab 3 levels of Knight of the Raven - not only gives you Turn Undead, but only a nifty small raven that does things for you.

If your DM is lenient: Ask him to retrain your 5th level into a Crusader level, then go 3 levels into Knight of the Raven, then enter Ruby Knight Vindicator.
If your DM is not lenient: Enter Knight of the Raven ASAP, take Crusader at 9th level (FS5/KotR3/Crusader1) and then proceed into RKV beginning at 10th level.
Yes, you lose 9th level spells. No, it doesn't matter that much.

sammyp03
2015-02-08, 11:19 PM
Can't use tome of battle or I would have went the crusader route

Xerlith
2015-02-09, 03:24 AM
Oh. Then:
1. Fist of Raziel is a fine prestige class, but it needs a feat tax.
2. Knight of the Raven, all ten levels of it, while not spectacular, give a good host of abilities
3. Prestige Paladin dip (one or two levels ,never more than three) opens a bunch of great low-level spells to add to your list

In any case - if you want to melee, your best bet is probably investing into Slippers of Battledancing. They let you substitute your Charisma for your Strength as the to-hit/damage stat with light or onehanded weapons.

sammyp03
2015-02-09, 11:53 AM
Prestige Paladin is of the table. My original thought was fist of raziel even though its a bit,well, specific.