PDA

View Full Version : Evil vs. Evil

Primal Fury
2015-02-08, 04:56 PM
I'm looking for any base classes, PrCs, or mechanics specifically designed for evil characters or creatures who want to kill other evil characters or creatures. I know that it's simple enough to homebrew simple stuff (evil classes with Smite Evil), but I'm wondering if there's any official 3.5 or Pathfinder material that covers this.

Tragak
2015-02-09, 08:52 AM
I'm looking for any base classes, PrCs, or mechanics specifically designed for evil characters or creatures who want to kill other evil characters or creatures. I know that it's simple enough to homebrew simple stuff (evil classes with Smite Evil), but I'm wondering if there's any official 3.5 or Pathfinder material that covers this. At the very least:

1-2) You could always take Ranger levels and/or Bane weapons for bonuses against Undead and/or Evil Outsiders
3) Holy weapons penalize Evil characters for using them, but you might find the debuffs small enough to be acceptable

If you're looking for a more complicated build, this (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=5029.0) one looks pretty good.

Lord_Viper_69
2015-02-09, 11:58 AM
Any class or race that grants the good exception can use good weapons (Hellbred gain evil exception), all evil instruments can be used equally against evil. It tends to be political and secretive if conducted intelligently, as most evil characters should act if they wish to survive.

I have seen a succubus with the good exception, a paladin. You could have Redeemed evil (Book of Exalted Deeds) that gain bonuses against evil or those empowered as they are workign toward a greater good (and their personal goals, coincidentally).

Evil destroying evil historically occurs without impetus, it has been part of the "natural" order.

Primal Fury
2015-02-09, 06:19 PM
I'm not really looking for anything in particular, just anything I can get my hands on. You see, I'm building a cult/religion that's devoted to a... thing that desires to be the only evil in existence. The followers root out and destroy evil wherever they can find it, so I'm looking for something that allows them to do so effectively.

TeflonSam1
2015-02-10, 05:40 AM
If you're looking to "root out and destroy evil wherever they can find it," the most effective tools you're looking for already exist.

They're called paladins.

The most evil thing to do would be to hire/trick a bunch of them into working for you, and point them at whatever evil you want to get rid of. Let them do all the hard work. Rinse and repeat. When there's no more evil, dispose of them.

That's like Evil 101. :smallbiggrin:

GungHo
2015-02-10, 11:56 AM
You don't necessarily have to do a whole lot of backbreaking to be a necromancer or summoner that uses undead and evil outsiders to destroy other undead or evil outsiders. The mechanics are already there in the base load. Hell, back in the AD&D-3E cosmology when you had the Blood War, it was pretty common for a demonbinder to go against devils and vice versa. If you don't want Evil vs. Evil, you can always have them do the "we looked into the void, were horrified, but we didn't look away in order to destroy it" thing, along with the resultant corruption that seeps in.