PDA

View Full Version : Incarnate help

Nosta
2015-02-08, 06:27 PM
i'm not sure what to gestalt with a level 8 Incarnate. I was thinking of going monk and taking VOP for the fun of it

Troacctid
2015-02-08, 06:46 PM
Basically anything. Incarnate is super versatile and can pair well with just about any class.

It was you who posted a similar question about Binder a couple days ago, right? Just copy and paste the responses from that thread, basically. There are a few additional synergies with certain classes, particularly Psions (who have some nice feats that interact with incarnum and can use psionic open chakra to gain lots of extra chakra binds at lower levels than normal) and Wizards (who can abuse the Share Soulmeld feat for nasty action economy and also have access to open chakra spells for extra binds), but anything will work.

I wouldn't recommend Monk, since Monk is just a generally weak class. Druid or Ranger (with the wildshape variant) is a much better choice for a Vow of Poverty build.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-02-08, 07:11 PM
Incarnate can be good at just about anything (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1041916), so what do you want the character to do?

If you don't have any specific role in mind, pair it with Factotum to have a character who can literally do anything.

If you want to take Vow of Poverty with it, I'll recommend taking that to the extreme: Beguiler with Vow of Poverty, Vow of Nonviolence, and Vow of Peace. I'd get a single level of Paragnostic Apostle after Beguiler 5 for Noble Presence, then keep taking Beguiler next to Incarnate.

PsyBomb
2015-02-08, 07:23 PM
Biff beat me to the article, but an Incarnate By The Numbers makes an epic offside to any build you care to put up. Really, just pick whichever party role is missing and put that on your other side.

DMVerdandi
2015-02-09, 03:45 AM
Depends. Do you want the Incarnate to be the main actor, or used as the subordinate class.

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with an Incarnate//fighter. Now you have better skeleton to work with, without anything that is really distracting from the incarnate class.

OR, you could put it on a tier 1 class. As you have been told, Incarnate goes with everything. Being based off of constitution is just awesome, as everyone benefits from it.