PDA

View Full Version : Knowledge Domain by level 7

KrimsonNekros
2015-02-08, 06:34 PM
Is it possible to obtain access to the Knowledge domain in 3.5, by level 7, without dipping into Cleric or Wizard?

Kraken
2015-02-08, 06:46 PM
The planar touchstone feat can do it, sort of. By selecting the catalogs of enlightenment as your planar site, you choose a cleric domain power to take, and you also gain a limited ability to cast the spells from that domain. If you're trying to get into something with a pre req. of having the knowledge domain, this is very shaky, though.

Karl Aegis
2015-02-08, 06:48 PM
Sorceror 5 can get Knowledge Domain with an Alternate Class Feature from Complete Champion.

KrimsonNekros
2015-02-08, 07:27 PM
The planar touchstone feat can do it, sort of. By selecting the catalogs of enlightenment as your planar site, you choose a cleric domain power to take, and you also gain a limited ability to cast the spells from that domain. If you're trying to get into something with a pre req. of having the knowledge domain, this is very shaky, though.

It is for prerequisites, so avoiding shaky is preferred.

Invader
2015-02-08, 07:43 PM
There's a lot of prestige classes that can grant it but I doubt any of them are going to be optimal for you. If you're just looking for an easy solution like a feat I think you're out of luck.

Chronos
2015-02-08, 09:30 PM
Why do you need this? If a one-level dip in cleric is unacceptable, would a one-level dip in some prestige class instead be acceptable?

KrimsonNekros
2015-02-08, 09:48 PM
Why do you need this? If a one-level dip in cleric is unacceptable, would a one-level dip in some prestige class instead be acceptable?

The cleric ban is mostly flavor. Prestige classes are acceptable, but I haven't' been able to find one that didn't require 4th level casting that works.

RolandDeschain
2015-02-08, 09:52 PM
I'm away from books at the moment, is Divine Crusader too late? I don't recall the requirements....

ZamielVanWeber
2015-02-08, 09:54 PM
Divine Crusader includes the requirement of BaB 7.

A_S
2015-02-08, 10:05 PM
Sovereign Speaker can be entered at level 6 and give the Knowledge domain. It's easiest to enter via Cleric (requires divine casting and access to a domain), but that's not the only way in. An Archivist 3/Church Inquisitor 2 could qualify. So could an Adept using the Eberron rules where they get access to a domain. You could even go Archivist 5/Divine Oracle 1/Sovereign Speaker 1 (Archivist in that one can also be replaced with Druid or Sha'ir).

Grod_The_Giant
2015-02-08, 10:06 PM
Sovereign Speaker can be entered at 6 at the cost of a couple skill ranks and a feat that would be useless to you. Flavor might still be off, though.

lsfreak
2015-02-08, 11:03 PM
If it's for fluff reasons that you don't want cleric, I'd just go ahead and take it and ignore the parts you don't want. I've built swift hunters, taking a level in cloistered cleric to grab Knowledge Devotion/Travel Devotion and something else, fluffed it as taking time off for detailed study and special practice if need be, and just ignored the spells and the ability to use wands, etc as a result (or the TU attempts, if it ever came up, for anything other than powering Devotion feats).

Troacctid
2015-02-08, 11:10 PM
Shamans (from Oriental Adventures) have access to the Knowledge domain at 1st level.

Curmudgeon
2015-02-09, 04:09 AM
Shamans (from Oriental Adventures) have access to the Knowledge domain at 1st level.
Of course that's a Shaman domain, not a Clerical domain.