PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Questions about Spellbane

Melcar
2015-02-08, 06:52 PM
Hellow fellow scibes...

I was looking into this (https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/magic/all-spells/s/aroden-s-spellbane) very powerful spell.

I have a few questions about this spell and how this might work.

As a player of D&D 3.5 and not PF I wanted to hear your thought of incorporating this spell into a D&D game. Would it be overpowered? Would you allow it?

Could Spellbane be used to stop Mordenkainen's Distjunction?

Could this spell be "selective" so to make it possible for the caster of the spellbane to use the prohibited spells within the field?

Psyren
2015-02-08, 09:00 PM
As a player of D&D 3.5 and not PF I wanted to hear your thought of incorporating this spell into a D&D game. Would it be overpowered? Would you allow it?

I don't see a problem with it - any campaign that can handle AMF should be able to handle this.

Could Spellbane be used to stop Mordenkainen's Distjunction?

If Disjunction is selected, then yes it can. If not, Disjunction can (potentially) crack it like it can an AMF.

Could this spell be "selective" so to make it possible for the caster of the spellbane to use the prohibited spells within the field?

There's no way to do that in PF so you would have to try and mix in 3.5 material.

Melcar
2015-02-09, 12:50 AM
I don't see a problem with it - any campaign that can handle AMF should be able to handle this.

If Disjunction is selected, then yes it can. If not, Disjunction can (potentially) crack it like it can an AMF.

There's no way to do that in PF so you would have to try and mix in 3.5 material.

Thank you for your answer...

I see this spell being used with the permanent emanation feat and the application of dispel magic, greater dispel magic, reaving dispel and mord's disjunction.

Melcar
2015-02-12, 07:55 PM
I know I'm double posting but I wanted to ask another question concerning this spell...

Is there anyway of dispelling spellbane, if the chosen spells are all the dispel spells and mordenkainen's disjunktion? What I'm asking is can it really be that spellbane itself can be rendered "immune" to dispel by chosing dispel magic as the spells?

Im asking since dispel magic affects magic and not the person, so would dispel not hit the outside or outer layer of spellbane and possibly dispel it?

Psyren
2015-02-12, 09:46 PM
There's a lot to block though - dispel, greater dispel, disjunction, symbol of dispelling, AMF/another Spellbane, Arcana Theft, Siphon Magic, Limited Wish, Wish, Miracle... and when you're done layering up your Spellbanes to block all of those, there's still class abilities like the Barbarian's Spell Sunder or the Arcanist's Spell Disruption.