PDA

View Full Version : Divine Archer

WeaselGuy
2015-02-08, 06:59 PM
So, after reading another thread recently, I was looking at a few things. The premise of the original thread was for a Favored Soul to dip Crusader, go Knight of the Raven 3, then dive into Ruby Knight Vindicator. I actually really like that idea, and want to use it for a future character of mine when I get back to the states.

This is where I come to you fine people for some assistance. I want to know what kind of support there is if I take my FS/C/KotR/RKV, worship Ehlonna and snag some longbow goodness, and start fiddling around with archery. Obviously, Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot at level 1, and probably Rapid Shot at level 3... in fact, I'm not too concerned with feat selection, I have a decent handle on how archery works. What I really want to know, is what kind of spells would really help me out? For what it's worth, I'm not too interested in DMM:P for this build, I'm rocking that in 2 different campaigns right now already. Unless there's something ridiculously awesome that makes it worth investing half my feats in.

My group plays with assigned stats of 12, 13, 14, 16, 16, 18, I'd put the 18 in Cha, the 16's in Dex and Con, and probably put the 14 in Str, 12 in Wis and 13 in Int. If that matters to any of y'all (it's a common enough questions).

Also, I have access to pretty much everything, except for dragon magazine. Yes to Dragon Compendium. Yes to setting specific stuff (although I'd prefer not to cross FR with Eb and whatnot, it hasn't really been an issue in the past). Yes to ToB (obviously).

Darrin
2015-02-09, 08:00 AM
This is where I come to you fine people for some assistance. I want to know what kind of support there is if I take my FS/C/KotR/RKV, worship Ehlonna and snag some longbow goodness, and start fiddling around with archery.

Going elf and taking Sehanine Moonbow might be worth a look. You don't get the human bonus feat, but you can make up for it by taking the Elf domain for Point Blank Shot. She also has the Knowledge and Travel domains.

If you want to stick with human, consider taking the Asgardian Pantheon (Deities & Demigods p. 167). You can take composite longbow as your favored weapon, then pick up the Knowledge, Magic, and Travel domains/devotions.

What I really want to know, is what kind of spells would really help me out?

Mostly what I'd want would be Ranger spells: instant of power, guided shot, sniper's shot, hunter's eye, hunter's mercy, arrow split, and so on. Can you fit a dip into Prestige Ranger into your build?

WeaselGuy
2015-02-09, 08:37 AM
Going elf and taking Sehanine Moonbow might be worth a look. You don't get the human bonus feat, but you can make up for it by taking the Elf domain for Point Blank Shot. She also has the Knowledge and Travel domains.

If you want to stick with human, consider taking the Asgardian Pantheon (Deities & Demigods p. 167). You can take composite longbow as your favored weapon, then pick up the Knowledge, Magic, and Travel domains/devotions.

Mostly what I'd want would be Ranger spells: instant of power, guided shot, sniper's shot, hunter's eye, hunter's mercy, arrow split, and so on. Can you fit a dip into Prestige Ranger into your build?

Probably, right now it looks like Favored Soul 4/Crusader 1/Knight of the Raven 3/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10, so I have 2 levels to squeeze in. It would mean taking Track at 3 to pull of Prestige Ranger at 6, and taking Precise Shot then too. With regards to the other Deities and Pantheons and such, I could be mistaken, but that really only helps me out if I go Cleric instead of Favored Soul. Honestly, this build would probably benefit more from Cleric/Crusader/Pr Ranger/KotR/RKV, and using Zen Archery, but I don't know... I kinda liked the feel of Favored Soul...

Darrin
2015-02-09, 09:48 AM
With regards to the other Deities and Pantheons and such, I could be mistaken, but that really only helps me out if I go Cleric instead of Favored Soul.

Sorry, I got confused. I thought you mentioned a cleric dip somewhere, but you didn't. You're getting TU from KotR 3.

Nightraiderx
2015-02-09, 09:53 AM
If you are going KotR anyways, you may benefit more from an archivist base. Not all DM's will agree with the ruling
that prestige ranger will grant you access to all the ranger spells, but with archivist you can add those previously mentioned ranger spells
to your book buying scrolls.