PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Binder Advice(Fiendish cohorts)

MorgromTheOrc
2015-02-08, 11:17 PM
My group just had a recent change of players and campaign so all my build ideas were shot. I decided to try a binder since I looked into them forever ago, I already know how they work and all but I was thinking about adding in a grafting/symbiote theme as well. So I was wondering how I would go about getting some sort of low level fiend to be a fiend of corruption as my cohort(with leadership) so I can get grafts and some other minor bonuses in a fluff friendly way.

This time instead of making the mistake of asking without telling here is the situation with my gaming group, even though I am never the DM for the group I have BY FAR the most knowledge of the game. Even though we've played countless times most of them don't even know what racial HD are, or what level adjustment means. So I probably could get a lot past them but I hold myself to the honor of explaining things fairly to the DM. He has his own experience and alignment system and does casters SO differently and more OP than they're supposed to be, which is why I don't play them. I prefer my cheese on nachos.

But even given this I want to know a RAW legal or at least the most RAW legal way of doing this.

MorgromTheOrc
2015-02-09, 12:04 AM
In case anyone does look at this I'm now wondering about the possibility of a symbiote being said fiend of corruption cohort.

The Viscount
2015-02-09, 05:04 PM
There is nothing you can do RAW to get a fiend of corruption symbiont.. The only Outsider (Evil) Symbionts are the ones in Fiend Folio, and they do not qualify for the class, nor can they advance enough to do so.

A fiend of corruption cohort is potentially feasible, though not easy. A succubus advanced 1 HD or given 1 level in a class can qualify, and would end with a final ECL of 17, which means you access it at level 19. A cleric (with a 1 level dip in a class with good will save and full casting) with the charm domain and persisting lesser infernal transformation can also qualify (I think you can make the skills work) giving you a cohort with a final ECL of 11, meaning you would get it at level 13, providing your Cha bonus is high enough.

All told its possible, but as stated leadership is only acceptable with DM vetting of cohorts, and even the feat in general.