PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ogre/Ogrekin PC

M Placeholder
2015-02-09, 05:12 AM
Has anyone played as one of these in a pathfinder game? I was in a pathfinder game last year, and part of wishes that I had played an Ogre bard.

atemu1234
2015-02-09, 07:09 AM
I haven't, but i could look into it if i knew what specifically you wanted for it..?

BWR
2015-02-09, 10:39 AM
Not played as such but one of my players has an ogre barbarian/paladin cohort. Fun character, if not terribly optimized.
I don't exactly know what the OP is looking for, so until we get more info I don't really know what to say, except that ogre is a bad choice for anything Charisma based like paladin or bard. If you want a joke character, fine, if you want something somewhat powerful and useful, you're better off finding other things.

M Placeholder
2015-02-09, 01:49 PM
Not played as such but one of my players has an ogre barbarian/paladin cohort. Fun character, if not terribly optimized.
I don't exactly know what the OP is looking for, so until we get more info I don't really know what to say, except that ogre is a bad choice for anything Charisma based like paladin or bard. If you want a joke character, fine, if you want something somewhat powerful and useful, you're better off finding other things.

Just stories on Ogre/Ogrekin PCs from members here, and how they were optimized. Or not, as the case may be.

As for powerful and useful, in the Pathfinder campaign I was in, one of the players was a Druid and the DM agreed to let him have a Spinosaurus as his animal companion. The dino ate pretty much everything in game, and his player devoured the 4th wall week after week:smallannoyed:

My second character for the game after my Wyrwood bit the dust was a Lawful Good necromancer sorcerer elf who worshiped the undead, wore a dress and wanted to build an undead army to take over the elven homeland. This was after my Max Cady-esque Tiefling sorcerer was more or less vetoed by the DM.

An Ogre/Ogrekin bard would have been fun to play right off the bat, as a banjo and 2x4 wielding hillbilly who ate fallen foes. He said nothing about ECL, and judging by the way I was allowed for my Tiefer to have a tail, bite attack, claw attack and also the verdant bloodline that let you have a wrist whip along with the Tiefling bloodline, I don't think it would have been an issue.