PDA

View Full Version : Spellthief Questions

melchizedek
2007-04-05, 05:15 PM
Question 1: The steal spell ability doesn't mention that it applies only to arcane spells, but most of the flavor information about the spellthief talks about his arcane abilities and doesn't mention divine magic at all. I just want to clarify: Is it possible for the spellthief to steal divine spells.

Question 2: Suppose a spellthief of 13th level were to succeed on a sneak attack against a character with a spell effect, the ability to cast spells, a spell-like ability, and energy resistance. Would that spellthief be able to forgo all four dice of sneak attack damage and steal all of those abilities at once?

Ryuuk
2007-04-05, 05:27 PM
1) I've seen it argued a few times, but I don't see any reason why the Spellthief wouldn't be able to steal Divine Spells. If I remember correctly, it always referred to them simply as "spells", never specifying arcane or divine.

2) You can give up as many dice as you want as long as they're used for different class features. For example, you could steal a spell slot and a spell cast on the target on the same attack, but not two spell slots.