PDA

View Full Version : Cases of Interest; The Adventures of The Polimus Scar SIC Department (IC)

thebothan
2015-02-09, 12:34 PM
It all began so suddenly. A regular night, you found yourself once again sucked into the almost idyllic routine of life on Polimus Scar. But then they came for you, at your places of business, relaxation and home. Noiseless ships landed outside, one by one figures wearing solid red carapace armor slunk out from the vessels. They entered the building, firing noiseless weapons on any figures they saw before them, leaving their victims paralyzed, frozen in place, or curled up on the floor, bundled with unbreakable binds. They came for you and though you resisted, you found yourself overpowered. A quick jab of a needle was all it took to end your struggles. Then noiselessly, the figures again entered the vessel one by one, throwing your semi-conscious form in the back. You feel the jolt of the floor as your world goes dark.
__________________________________________________ __________________________
In the dead of night on the 13th Day of the 8th planetary month, nine bulky red-black shuttle craft cautiously approached the planetary capital. The ships flew in radio silence, came from different corners of the massive world of Polimus Scar and all passed undetected through the PDF defense cordons around the city, slipped through the massive anti-grav dome and, skirting the city itself, landed down in the 12th precint. As they approached the imposing Emperor’s Authority Hall, the grounds around the building were mysteriously deserted, even at this hour it would be normal for a constant traffic of Arbites and offenders to enter and exit this precinct base. In a three block radius patrols wearing unblemished arbiter uniforms stood in a cordon, redirecting the flow of farmers, street walkers and off duty clerks to ‘safer’ roads on account of a crime scene in progress, as they did so they looked up at the night sky with worried expressions. Even the scum that were within the restricted zone scanned the sky, and kept their hands on stub automatics concealed beneath their rags.

As the craft prepped their landing sequences, the mall in front of the great halls of Imperial Justice split open, a pair of massive bulkheads revealed beneath the rubbish strewn street and as the craft lowered themselves, they too split open revealing a perfect and complete blackness within. One by one the shuttles lowered themselves into the awaiting blackness, their landing lights illuminating a pitched grey slab marked with the Aquilla of the Imperium of Man. As the final of the nine shuttles entered this space the entire slab began to slowly sink below the ground, as it did so the massive bulkheads silently closed themselves and the ground of the mall seamlessly slid itself back into place. No sign remained of the ships, or their landing zone. The arbites, all turning their ears to their microbeads, relaxed and began to remove the cordon. Within a minute a steady stream of Imperial citizens returning to their homes and places of work flooded the area, the men and women who had been all alone inside the landing zone simply disappeared into the crowd.
__________________________________________________ __________________________
Your senses slowly come back to you and you find yourselves bound in a straight-cape and propped up on a metal gurney in a corridor. The floor is a neat, solid black tile, the walls red sheet metal panels, lighting elements every 5 meters light the room in a harsh white light. Craning your head around you can see that there are 4 others in much the same condition as yourself nearby.

As you look around you hear a door opening, and you see a woman striding towards you, smartly dressed in the typical outfit of the Commisariat, a long open black coat, and a short brimmed black hat, affixed with a golden Imperial Eagle badge, as well as a commemorative medal placed on the brim. Underneath the coat she wears a simple drab blue officer’s shirt. She carries in her hands a large stack of manila folders, each brimming with papers. She stops a few feet in front of the gurneys, and 5 personnel step out from behind her, each wearing a grey uniform, no rank, no markings. The personnel move wordlessly to behind each of your gurneys and, checking the straight-capes, grasp the handles. The Commisar surveys each of you in turn, looking down at the folders in her arms as she does so.

“Very Well, I see all are present and accounted for. Let’s get this over with shall we?” With a fluid motion she turns on her heel and begins walking down the hallway back the way she came, extending her arm with a motion to the personnel. You feel the gurney tilt backwards and, with a slight grunt from the figure behind you, begin to roll silently down the hallway after her.
As she walks the commissar turns her head backwards and begins to speak, “Now don’t try to speak quite yet, the drugs we gave you will still be active for a few more minutes. Cardamom’s got one hell of a kick to it, so don’t try to fight it too hard or there may be permanent damages. According to my timetable you won’t have full muscle control until 01:00 hours, it’s only 00:54 right now, so just sit tight and try not to drool. My name is Helene Danvers; I am the Commisariat Ambassador for the Special Interest Cases Division of the Adeptus Arbites. And right now I have been appointed your babysitter until you manage to grow a pair and fight off the dosage we gave you.”You pass through a pair of double doors, pitch black and adorned with a Seal of an Aquilla, one beak holding a scale, the other holding a pair of mag-cuffs. Beyond the doors lies a massive room, set into a recess in the floor, the room is filled with chairs, computers and workstations, the middle a massive holo-pict of Polimus Scar, the familiar bubbles of anti-gravity domes dotting the massive bleak landscape. Each wall has a large glass window, and small glass side door leading into the next room.
“This is the Core Control room, from here we can…” Before she can finish her sentence her eyes widen and she straightens into a full salute, “Inquisitor Drake, Sir, we weren’t expecting you back until..” Emerging from one of the chairs in the recess, a thin figure wearing a tight fitting grey cloak and wide brimmed hat walks up to the Commisar, a devilish grin wide on his narrow, childish face. Taking the Commisar’s saluting hand he kisses her hand with a mockingly exaggerated bow and outlandish flourish of his arm behind him “Now darling, you know how I hate my last name and coupled with the title it just distracts me from the problem at hand, what did I say to call me?”

“You requested ‘Shiv’”

“That’s right, no need for all those stuffy formalities down here, why we're already off the grid so why pretend anything else?” Releasing her hand, he turns his head slightly to the right and his face lights up, he makes a facial expression pretending to notice you for the first time. “And I see your giving our friends a grand tour? Now I seem to recall your tours being stuffy and boring so why don’t you find someone to introduce to me later and I’ll carry on the introductions from here?” With a quick singular motion he pulls the commissar into a deep kiss, grabs the files and pushes her off to the left. Turning a bright smile to you he begins to walk off to the left. “You have all been hand-picked to serve as the new Special Interest Cases investigative team, your skills and abilities are considered considerable enough to bring you here, at considerable expense, as you may have noticed. I do hope you appreciated the extra mile we went to when it came to your acquisition, it took a lot of budgetary finagling to finance it, but in the end I think we all appreciate the extra touches.”On your left, you can see through the window a bay of beds, 4 with a bloodstained sheet covering them. A single solitary young man, no older than 15 and wearing a churigon’s apron that looks to be about 1 size too large stands facing the window, a look of sickness on his face, wrists deep in a charred, twisted corpse’s body cavity. He raises his bloodstained hands to wipe his forehead with his arm and you can see his hands shaking, and his legs swaying to support himself. He gives a weak smile as you gaze through the glass. “Now, here we have our Morgue and Medical Bay, that figure in the window is our Chief Medical Examiner Eli Sergham, any of you lot with medical experience will be helping him out in your off time.” Opening the door and sticking his head and shoulders into the gap he gives the examiner a winning smile “Keep up the good work here Eli, I’ll be back to check on your progress shortly.” He shuts the door and continues walking past before the examiner has a chance to say anything in response.

Straight ahead you can see, a bored looking man sitting at a desk, pulling at a mustache in boredom, at your approach he looks up and nods in acknowledgement of the Inquisitor. “This is a guy you will all get to know quite well. Team, meet Cocus Eligius, requisition officer. He’ll keep track of all the equipment you need, and keep your kit in order. He’s also the guy you talk to about getting any new gear. You will each have a chance to review your equipment later; we took the liberty of removing your personal effects as ‘evidence’, so even the stuff you didn’t have on you made its way into our possession. Now behind the requisitions department is the armory, and behind that the training fields. Not important to you right now, so let’s just keep on going.”You have now walked a complete circle. On your left, a bay of 4 boxes of glass sits elevated. Inside the first box a figure in a grey jumpsuit is working on something facing away from you. Inquisitor Shiv taps on the glass.

“Hey, show me what you got, times up.” The figure turns to face you, revealing a face of quiet serenity; the eyes are cold and still but hold a powerful gaze that faces each of you in turn, recognition glinting through the eyes as it does so. Behind the figure is a statue, made of what looks like a grey paste, in a total likeness of the Inquisitor before you, it’s eyes capture a friendly nature, and the mouth is twisted into an over exaggerated grin, the body posture is a dead ringer to the Inquisitor and the hands are molded into a very rude gesture, the face even has the same impudent grin and sparkling eyes you saw on the Inquisitor’s face just a few minutes ago when you met him. The figure looks at the Inquisitor and presents the piece with a strong pride in the results of their labors.

Swearing loudly the Inquisitor makes a circling gesture in the air, his face reddened and shaking with a controlled rage “Put the animal back in its cage. This isn’t the time to play jokes. Show it were serious, ask the question again SHOW ME THE FACE OF THE PERSON WHO KILLED SERGEANT CASSIDY! Repeat it a few hundred times on max volume, make it regret still being human. And cut its food ration in half again.” The box begins to glide away from the window; the figure holds your gaze until a pair of bulkheads slam around the box, blocking your view. Turning back to you, the Inquisitors face looks tired, and much older for a brief moment before regaining its youthfulness. “Sorry about that, we’re terribly busy at the moment with a lot of things, not enough boots on the ground. But you’re going to fix that.”

Another door glides opens behind you, and a new figure marches to the front of your group. The garb marks this figure as another inquisitor wearing a long black cloak with a drawn hood that nearly completely obscures his face as it hangs off his tall, lean frame. As he glides past you he gives each of you a single glance, his face features a significant number of augmentations; the skin that remains is deeply scarred. His left bionic eye refocuses upon each of you, and then he looks away. “Haven’t you more important things to do Zaddon? I’m sure there is a witch somewhere you could burn.” The new inquisitor’s voice is cold and level. He makes a small motion and from his cloak emerges a servo skull, which hovers around each of you one by one, and makes a small careful injection from one of the many needles which cover its form. “Antidote” the figure remarks, and with a waving gesture dismisses the gurney pushers. Turning to Inquisitor ‘Shiv’, his voice acquires a sharper edge “They’ll be moving around soon, since they have heard your voice for the last few minutes I am sure they will be intent on causing you bodily harm, I suggest therefore that you vacate the premises. Rapidly, and with diligence.” Inquisitor ‘Shiv’ turns away with a rude gesture “Fine, Vern, just try not to let your charisma overwhelm them”. Looking back at you, the new Inquisitor tips his cowl in greeting, and then with another slight hand gesture the servo skull darts around each of you, severing the bonds of both your straight-capes and the gurneys.

“Greetings recruits, and welcome to the SIC. I am Inquisitor Nihilius, I am sure you have many questions, I will answer those that I can, but most of what you seek will have to be learned through experience.”

dickjustice
2015-02-09, 04:50 PM
"Uuunh....par l'empereur," Jean-Baptiste groaned as he swayed and struggled to keep his footing, the drug not yet having completely worn off, "yeah I gotta lil question for you monseigneur Nihilus. Jus' what did you stick me with? Ma head feels like its been stomped on by a whole mess o' titanoboar!"

luca0483
2015-02-09, 07:12 PM
After the others have asked and have been answered (resolve the other players first), the black, tall guy in the group of nine speaks up, fixating the gaze from his white eyes firmly upon the inquisitor.

"My back brings me a lack of comfort when standing up for long periods of time, and when walking. Nothing seriuous, just a nuisance. Steihder-Caulfriedchs Disease. You, Sir Vern, probably know already, seeing as we were hand-picked. But anyway, can i have my walking staff brought here? I Would not want to walk to get it, if it could be avoided."

thebothan
2015-02-09, 07:19 PM
The Inquisitor turns towards Jean-Baptiste, the priest standing almost 2 feet taller than the Inquisitor, the mechanical eye pans upwards to meet the bright eyes, the other yellowed eyeball remains stationary in the socket. Inquisitor Nihilius emits a sound, a tinny metallic laughter, "Physical discomfort is but a reminder of your faith, disciple of the Emperor. The dosage we gave you should have no lasting effects, especially not for an individual of your physiology, I image with a few steps you will feel much better. As to its identity, though I doubt your mind could begin to grasp the intricacies of the process used to create it, I am quite sure you will become intimately familiar with its effects and its treatment."

Turning around to face the figure at the back, he emits a string of binary "Mälgård, your logic is indeed valid, Though, my sensors indicate that your back will serve you well enough to reach the wall." With another short binary string and a small hand motion, a small red-robed figure climbs the steps from the command station, to the gurney of Mälgård, and passes him a simple metal staff "This is Myrmelon Parnesius, who you will be assisting in your off time." The figure looks up at Mälgård with a face well supported with implants and enhancements, the voice that emits from Parnesius' respirator implant is metallic, but effeminate "Experience dictates a 86% chance that you will fail to return this to me, failure to return this object will bring dire consequences, both physical and political. Attend to your weakness, then return to me." Swiveling back around Parnesius returns to her post on the command floor.

luca0483
2015-02-15, 03:42 PM
As Smother receive the temporary replacement for his staff, he nods at the red-robed man's words.

"Do not worry Mr. Parnesius. Though the flesh is even weaker in this body, the machine is reliable"
As he says this, he taps the blocky connection-port that makes up his back neck.
"I will do my part to see that this equipment is returned"

connection-port not depicted on the drawing i provided, oops

thebothan
2015-02-15, 04:27 PM
At Smothers words, the robed figure flinches visibly Though I have no attachment to gender pronouns lackey, take heed. Please address me as Myrmileon or mamzel. I have made much progress down the path of the machine, and I refuse to acknowledge it as a patriarchy that bears inherent biological weakness. As the figure shuffles back down to the console Myrmileon Parnesius mutters to herself, low enough you can barely hear, I requested you presence since it seemed you were the least likely to fail me... seems I once again over-estimated the ability of the Forges to release quality products.

Inquisitor Nihilius turns back to Smother, I believe that is the closest thing to happiness I have seen the Myrmileon express at a new assistant. She typically would have made you walk the hallway on your own. Don't be alarmed at the errors in her processing units, she attempted to modify her personality matrix and still hasn't totally deciphered the errors in her logic engine. Returning to the front of the gurneys the Inquisitor turns around with a flourish of his cloak, Now, where were we? Ah, questions, unless there is any other issue I should be made aware of? Otherwise you are all free to go.

thebothan
2015-02-23, 01:20 PM
"Inquisitor? There is a message for you, Code Eagle." Commisar Danvers steps through the seated members in the command center, holding out a scroll to Inquisitor Nihilius. The inquisitor walks briskly up to her and snatches the scroll away, opening it and rapidly reading through the contents. "the Arrogant Fool" The curse is almost at too low a frequency for you to hear, but your proximity to the man allows you to barely make out the words. He turns his back to you, looking over the command station with hands clasped behind him. "It appears you are to be tested, you have 20 minutes before you will be briefed. Meet inside the directors office... its code 46 inside the second of these chute lifts." He points a bony finger at the bay of glass rooms behind him. "Oh, and I expect all of you to report to the morgue for final examinations"

feel free to go do whatever strikes your characters fancy, you can of course do things not on this list such as explore around, talk to anyone ect.:
Investigate your equipment at the armory
See the training field
Report to the medical bay
Speak things over with an Inquisitor

luca0483
2015-02-23, 03:11 PM
As soon as the hint is dropped that it is time to move, "Mr. Mälgård" (As Vern referred to him as) frees himself of the restrains, before giving those present a quick hand-shake, and presents himself as Smother.

He then calmly but swiftly move off to the side, grasping the lent staff in his left hand as he approach the armoury, giving Cocus as shake too as he walks past him.

thebothan
2015-02-23, 07:30 PM
Smother: You walk past the requisition officers desk, he gives you a disinterested nod, and mutters a quick Welcome to the team, then goes back to writing on the form at his desk. Behind his desk you enter a large metal room with three metal doors in it. A door at the far back of the room is labeled Training field, behind it you can barely hear the retort of a firearm. The door on the left side of the room is labeled Requisitions, it features a large extensive padlock, and a passcode plate alongside the side. The door that holds your interest and the one you open, on the right side, is labeled Armory. The door shuts behind you with a crisp snap as you pass through, and you gaze out on a narrow room (about 30 m long x 5 m wide), it features long racks and shelves, all filled with equipment, weapons, uniforms, ammunition and armors. The air in this room is filled with servo-skulls, which flit about the room some with pict-recorders, others with simple manipulation claws, rearranging and straightening the room. About half of them simply float in the air and stare at you. Along the walls on both sides is an array of lockers, with cryptic numeric labels, On the far end, there is a simple empty table in the left corner, where a small cohort of three red robed hunched figure stands over numerous parts and pieces, sparks occasionally arc off the table. Besides this corner, is a large double set of cabinets labeled Evidence Locker. In front of the cabinets sit five boxes, each with a grey-blue uniform hanging over the side of it, and a pair of black boots in front.
---------------------------------------
All: Back at the gurneys, a small woman with an outlandishly bright yellow and orange dyed mane of hair stumbles off the gurney, still overcoming the effects of the drugs; She gives each of you a winning smile and though her feet are unsteady, she moves with an accustomed manner of an alcoholic. I don't know about you, but I could use a drink, figure this place has a bar anywhere? The leather outfit she is wearing has seen much better days, and the wide array of tattoos that it reveals on her upper body and neck weave a patchwork story across her features. She proceeds to the wall, where she begins to stumble down the halls.
----------------------------------------
Far across the planet, dawn breaks on a derelict building, it stands tall, but is dwarfed by the buildings that surround it. The dull rockcrete walls and simple windows are accentuated by the flash off the arbite patrol hovercraft outside. Two arbites stand outside the building, smoking Iho sticks in the growing light. Their hardened faces turned to the street, surveying the blockade, So says one, You heard this case got taken over by the guys up top? His comrade drops his spent stick on the ground, stamping it out with the but of his club No ****? I heard they got dismantled months ago. Well, they must be back. The first one shrugs Whatever, way I see it, they deal with the dead man upstairs, I don't gotta file any paperwork. His partner drew another stick from the pack at his side, threw the empty box on the pavement You think its really true though, this case being worth something to somebody? The first arbite turns around and looks up at the broken window on the 16th floor, I don't know as a thought dawns on him a grin covers his face Maybe we ought to go upstairs and see if there isn't something worth something to us up there eh? With a hearty chuckle both arbites disappear into the building.

luca0483
2015-02-25, 02:51 AM
Smother approach the boxes, giving the hooded figures a smile and a nod should they look his way.

Unless they engage in conversation, he will simply identify his box, either by nametag or by contents, and leave with it on his right shoulder, clearly not used to carrying something this large.

He then pops his head into the morgue to get his check-up.
"Hello Eli" Smother says as he with obvious uncomfort as he put the box down on the ground.
"Vern said something about examinations. I really do hope you have some painkillers, because this heavy box doesn't go well with my back"

thebothan
2015-02-25, 01:52 PM
Smother: Eli looks considerably uncomfortable, Ummm.. Inquisitor Nihilus? Painkillers?... I might have something here.. just stand over here he points to one of the bodies. When you walk over there, he takes a diagnostor, and then gives you a quick scan. he breathes a sigh of relief, Perfect...

The box you picked up has: your starting inventory, and 1 SIC Uniform.

colossusclub
2015-03-02, 01:35 AM
Kulem Larl was finally able to move and speak after the last of the drug was processed and out of his blood stream. Getting off the gurney he gave a quick glance to the women and, when figuring that random drunks probably wouldn't be able to find their way into places like this, quickly made for the armory... not particularely liking that he wasn't armed at the moment.

His rush wasn't due to the possible threat of being attacked, nor due to being anti-social... but because he knew damn well what he was and how others would act around him... even if they didn't know what he was. They didn't need to know what he was, the intense discomfort that they all felt being around him was more then enough to be a pariah.

((What this means in game terms (for those who don't know) is: My fellowship score is half (rounded up) when interacting with anyone. If they however have a psy rating, or the psyscience skill, my fellow ship score is a straight 1 instead. I am NOT the face of this outfit ;).))

thebothan
2015-03-02, 09:36 AM
Kulem: Entering the Armory, you are in a narrow room (about 30 m long x 5 m wide), it features long racks and shelves, all filled with equipment, weapons, uniforms, ammunition and armors. The air in this room is filled with servo-skulls, which flit about the room some with pict-recorders, others with simple manipulation claws, rearranging and straightening the room. About half of them simply float in the air and stare at you. Along the walls on both sides is an array of lockers, with cryptic numeric labels, On the far end, there is a simple empty table in the left corner, where a small cohort of three red robed hunched figure stands over numerous parts and pieces, sparks occasionally arc off the table. Besides this corner, is a large double set of cabinets labeled Evidence Locker. In front of the cabinets sit four boxes, each with a grey-blue uniform hanging over the side of it, and a pair of black boots in front. Looking at closer at them, you find that one has your name on it.

colossusclub
2015-03-02, 10:15 PM
Kulem looked over to the robed figures and walked over to them. When he was close to one of them, he said "I noticed one of those boxes is mine, am I allowed to take it at this time?".

thebothan
2015-03-02, 10:52 PM
Kulem: The robed figures all look up as you approach them, and though the sight of a face intermeshed with mechanics bears a certain dread for you, the lead figure that looks you up and down with a disapproving gaze strikes you as most horrendous. Where the other members of her (you think its a her, the voice and body is markedly female) staff have finely integrated circuits and wiring, her face is a terrible mess of rudimentary wires, open sores and salvaged glass lenses. Interesting, figured after the poor marks given the last null we would have upgraded significantly in the next model.. Still, you seem nice enough, not as gawking around like the last null.. Take your things, and feel free to come back whenever you need anything, uh.. A wire emits itself from below her robe, glances at the boxes on the floor and then back at you, then disappears beneath the folds of her robes Kulem. Call me Canidia, I'm in charge of boosting your weapons or armor, though they won't let me mod your gear till after Inquisitor Nihilius is sure your going to be worth the expenditure. Best of luck! With that the figures turn back to their table, uninterested in your presence.

colossusclub
2015-03-04, 02:37 AM
Kulem was definetly taken aback, simply from her attitude towards him. He certainly was unnerved by the strange conglomeration of skin and metal, something we had never seen prior, but it was the fact that she didn't have some kind of anger or resentment towards him that startled him. He nodded to her quickly and grabbed the box as he walked to the changing rooms. He inspected the uniform and, after much trial and error, managed to get it on.

"Nothing like the dregs I'm used to" Kulem said to himself, quickly grabbing his gear and heading to where everyone would meet.

thebothan
2015-03-04, 10:34 AM
Kulem: Walking to the elevators, you input code 46 into the number pad inside the glass box, and the doors swing shut around you. The room shudders and swings around, as you see through the glass that the room is moving quickly away from the command center. After a minute of swinging through a dark space, occasionally dotted with lights and numbers, running from 35 to 45, it stops, and the doors again open. You have arrived early to the room, and are the only one of those you had seen earlier. There are however, three people in this room, alongside a simple, business atmosphere. A single desk stands directly in front of you, large enough to hold the massive stacks of papers and data-slates sitting on it, A large table sits off to the left side of the room, 1/2 of it is a blue-green hologram, the other half a strong dark-wood, each half has two chairs. All three figures stand behind the desk. A small, well groomed man in a cream robe sits at the desk, a glass monocle in his left eye, and a large book open in front of him. He strokes his chin ponderously, and as you enter shivers noticeably. The Commissar, Helene Danvers who you originally met, stands at attention behind the desk, with an air of easy command. Behind her, stands another new face, a short, ridiculously dressed man, whose attire features an overwhelming use of the "Inquisitorial I', and its black and red colors make it seem garish and obnoxious, marking him as nothing less than noble descent. His face is strained with effort as he stands at attention, apparently trying to look taller than the commissar in front of him. None of them seem to have noticed your presence, the elevator is silent, and the room is quite.

Smother: Eli does give you a quick injection of a localized painkiller into your back, and then returns to working on one of the charred corpses, running the diagnostor over its features and body. Out of the window you see the elevator departing from this floor.

luca0483
2015-03-07, 04:21 PM
Having just emerged from the morgue, Smother looks at the upgoing elevator and the people in the room, and goes back to Eli.
"Looks like somebody bypassed his examination. Either Mrs. Hair-dye or Kulem" Smother says casually "Just a heads-up"

He goes to Mr. LaRôux to tell him "Hey Jean, i know you got hit hard by the sedative, but you have to get up and get going. It won't do to be late to the first meeting. Check your gear, get scanned, get into the lift"

Before Jean can get out a response, Smother is away, well on his way over to Myrmelion.
"Your staff, Machinementor Myrmellion" he says, as he hands her it with his left hand, the handle pointed at her, the same way as one would hand a weapon to someone.
His right hand, he use for his own staff. He specifically referrers to her with a gender-neutral term, and one that honors her rank as well, to not anger her further.

The thought-up term "Machinementor" is a term akin to Japanese "sama". It is used by tech-adepts of any rank, though usually of lower or mid-rank, to refer to any tech-adept of a higher rank than themselves. The term is therefore not a title, but tells of the relation between sender and receiver. It is a casual term, it is rarely used formally, and it is rarely used about anybody very much higher up in the hierarchy.
By "Tech-adept", it is meant anybody affiliated with Adeptus Mechanicus

thebothan
2015-03-07, 05:14 PM
Smother: Eli looks confused, but nods at your words. Your the only one I've seen today, so whoever just skipped their investigation isn't alone.. not that it matters... he nervously scratches his arms and looks around uncomfortably. As you turn to leave he speaks up again. Hey, its none of my business, but be careful around Inquisitor Nihilus. He may not be in charge, but he runs a tight operation.. You're like me, and I don't want to bury any more.

Presenting the staff to the Myrmellion, she accepts it briskly, nods to you (she appears to have cooled down considerably), then returns to her work, she appears to be working on some ballistics reports, from what you cannot tell.

Myrmellion is a term that refers to a Tech-Priest with a devotion to war, and its application. It is a fairly common title among the upper ranks of the Mechanicus, however it is usually overridden by any higher titles.

dickjustice
2015-03-07, 08:00 PM
Enchanted by the strange woman stumbling out of the room, Jean-Baptiste gave Smother a halfhearted "Yeah...I'll be there," before jogging to catch up with her. "Hol' up there mademoiselle. If there's a bar in this place then ah'll help you find it."

He slowed down as he caught up to her in the halls, Has anyone ever told you that your hair is the same colour as the Glass Mountains in the first light of dawn?"

thebothan
2015-03-07, 09:45 PM
Jean-Baptiste: The woman looks at you, her gaze is surprisingly clear given her state. She gives you a weary smile, "Thanks, whoever you are.. I can't say I have gotten that particular compliment, but I certainly get my share of attention. How bout you? You look like you were born kicking and screaming, and if nothing else I bet you can tell some great drinking tales..

luca0483
2015-03-08, 11:49 AM
Smother will take his box and go find someplace quite and alone, to change into the uniform.
He puts his personal belongings into his backpack (which was in the box), before going back to the room where he found the box, and put it back in its place. "Here you have the box back" he says, as he sets it down.

thebothan
2015-03-09, 07:27 PM
Smother: The uniform is quite comfortable, with a symbol (http://expertspages.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Mindfulness-present-moment-here-now-awareness-symbol-logo.png) on the upper left sleeve. You find that the tech-priests are still standing around the table, making headway on whatever project they are working on. They largely ignore you, but a single manipulator mechandrite emerges from the circle of figures and waves itself, seemingly in recognition of your statement. One of the boxes is missing.

luca0483
2015-03-10, 04:36 PM
Smother goes to take a ride in the elevator. Two numbers, and a tap on enter, and the doors close exactly as they did for the warpless one.

colossusclub
2015-03-20, 04:02 AM
Kulem had, by this point, taken a few steps out of the elevator and was standing by the door. He watched the three, apparently being unnoticed by them, save for the one who shivered, but Kulem didn't notice... how could he?

He waited patiently for the others who just now arrived in the elevator. Kulem turned around and looked at them. "So, we're to be working together here?"

Kulem would wait patiently for a response before giving his name, it would be rude to just blurt such things out to those he only just met... assuming it even mattered, these new ones may perhaps treat him the same as everyone else. Save, of course, for that one tech priest women from before, she was nice... perhaps she lacked a proper soul?

luca0483
2015-03-20, 09:25 AM
As the only one coming through the doors the next time the elevator arrives, Smother answer him with a smile.

"Yes, and i intend to make the most of it. I know of your condition. It will not matter"

Smother stands next to Kulem, as he waits to see both the three folk's reaction to two people suddenly being in the room with them, and their reaction to Smother's words.

thebothan
2015-03-20, 10:23 AM
The figure at the desk seems lost in thought, scratching a few more symbols on the paper in front of him, he looks up to dip the quill in ink, and suddenly seems to notice the two figures standing in front of the desk. He drops his monocle as his face moves in surprise, the glass shatters into a thousand pieces on the polished desk surface. Oh dear... Time? He looks over to the Commisar who extends a wrist, exposing a small chrono. Good...That will be all Commisar. The man returns his gaze to the desk as the Commisar salutes, then pivots on her heel and walks out of the room. Extending an inkstained hand to his left ear the man clears his throat. My Lords? Your 7:45 is here... yes, early... No, of course not.... I see... that isn't what I have here, I will be sure to make adjustments...Thank you sirs. His eyes dart between the two of you. Seems we are not all accounted for. Adjunct? The noble beside him walks out of the room through the elevator behind you, then presses a button and the doors close behind him. The man behind the desk returns to his paper, with a seamless motion he clears the glass from the desk and picking up the inkquill with a sigh resumes his labors, Never ends... If I wasn't so ****ingly good at it I would say I was too old for this.

luca0483
2015-03-20, 07:18 PM
"Everything ends. Nothing is forever, just for a long time" Smother remarks philosophically at the figure's last statement.

"Thfæd Lüxec Mälgård (http://youtu.be/LnAjde1Y6Ug) at your service, sir. Can i be of any assistance before our teammates arrive?"

thebothan
2015-03-20, 10:34 PM
The figure continues to stare down at the papers in front of him, and continues to write. First rule of this place Smother, never volunteer for something you do not understand. If it is in your power to serve, believe me your masters and myself will ask it of you. And no need for any formal introductions. I know who you are Mälgård, and I am sure you will become acquainted with me. With a flourish the man dots a couple of figures, crosses a few t's and then signs an immaculate signature at the bottom of the paper. With a deft action the paper disappears into a desk drawer, and he turns startlingly clear eyes to face you, his face though aged is remarkably well defined, with a strong chin and slightly tousled salt and pepper hair. I am Overseer Artemona, though you will call me by many names. It is my job to make sure that everything down here runs according to the wishes of the Governor of this planet, and our Inquisitorial advisers.

luca0483
2015-03-21, 12:50 PM
Smother begins moving over to Artemona.
Lines of code and data fly over the screen of the slate Smother has connected to his neck, holding it in his right hand but not physically doing anything to make the text appear.

A brief moment later, the text stops at the last page-worth of lines written. All the while, Smother has continued walking over to the table, and showed no sign of effort while doing this mental multitasking.

He extends his hand to Artemona.
"Pleased to hear that. It is a good sign, that the top brass actually has the ability to surpass formality and connect to reality, unlike my to last jobs"

colossusclub
2015-03-21, 05:29 PM
Kulem walked up with Smother to Artemona. "What is our first task." Kulem asked the figure known as Artemona.

thebothan
2015-03-21, 05:46 PM
To find out you will have to exercise the virtue of patience. The governor is on his way down to oversee each member of the team and personally deliver your first assignment, he selected it himself. So be on your best behavior.

thebothan
2015-03-22, 11:42 PM
After a pause of about 15 minutes, where Artemona sat in thought while moving some papers around, making notes here and there. The elevator behind you opens again, and four of the grey uniformed personnel step out of the elevator, dragging the two other team members you had seen earlier. Artemona is quick to notice these figures and dryly states: Arbite report. The woman snaps to full attention and delivers a succinct answer. Overseer, we found them inside the staff quarters, general room. Constantine reported that some of his sacramental amesec had disappeared and we found these two laughing over an empty bottle, gave them an anti-inebriate so they will be coming around soon. The overseer looks somewhere between amused and outraged. I take it they stole the bottle? No overseer, seems Agent Aurinda smuggled a bottle in with her, whatever it was, it was strong... Darn near sent them both into overdose, other than slight memory loss they should be fine in a few minutes. I see, thank you that is all. Overseer Artemona rolls his eyes, and opens his mouth to say something but is stopped before he can begin. After the elevator doors close around the staff members, another door behind the overseer's desk opens and he leaps to a standing salute. From within the door steps a figure who though you have never seen in person you instantly recognize from the endless propaganda footage of the soft face, the greying blonde hair and the piercing purple eyes. Planetary Governor Sim Gervas, Rightful lord of Polimus Scar, He who bears the weight of leadership, walks from the lift with an ease and grace that clearly illustrates his comfort with the room. The long flowing robes of expensive glittering furs and shifting fabrics glides across his strong frame, and his eyes dart between each of your faces, twinkling with a combination of excitement and a pure visceral joy. He reaches the desk and extends a jewel adorned hand to the Overseer, who bows and touches his forehead to the ring bearing the planetary seal of the governors house, a large green leaf embossed with deep red veins. Ignoring the sign of devotion, Sim Gervas places a small paper file on the table, and grins at you. Agents, I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am to see you all made your way here. And I look foreword to seeing the great deeds you accomplish for the glorious Imperium. Here I have all the information you will need to begin your trial. Just a little case that came across my desk this morning, and instead of assigning it to one of the drones here, I grasped it as the perfect test of your abilities. His grin now becomes something more menacing I am sure I do not need to even imply the urgency this outcome has on your lives. With that the grin returns and he paces back behind the desk, taking the seat now left vacant by the standing Artemona, he fixes you with a cocky stare, Impress me.

luca0483
2015-03-23, 01:42 PM
Smother takes back the hand-gesture to the Overseer, after an awkward moment of just standing there with his right hand held out. He jots down a couple more notes, before stepping a couple of good feet back from the table. Slight unsatisfaction dimly shine from him, as he waits for the rest of the team to arrive.

At the sight of his teammates state of being, though, he simply raises an eyebrow and gives a chuckle - he had expected as much from the woman, seeing as she practically radiated alcoholism.

But when the leader figure come in, the chuckle and friendliness disappear from his face, replaced with shock and awe, as he suddenly realise the meaning in the Overseers words: "The governor is on his way"

He falls to the floor in a knight's kneel (http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141017214414/clashofclans/images/c/c4/Knight-Kneeling-with-Sword-for-Prayer1_(1).jpg) with his staff, and stays so untill the Govenor has finished speaking.

"Certainly, Lord Planetary Govenor" He says with confidence, as he rise from the position.

thebothan
2015-03-26, 04:22 PM
The governor clears his throat and pushes the folder towards you.. See that you read this over... We have a death over in the forges, some minor noble.. I didn't know he even existed.. His family however, somehow got the means to send me thousands of letters to my office, they even made it past my secretary, and my secretaries secretary. Anyways, they claim its a set-up, a cover-up and a conspiracy against them. I don't believe a word of it, but what better way to test out a new team than this, should be open and shut.

colossusclub
2015-03-29, 03:02 AM
Kulem gave a knee at the sight of the governer as well, he was very well aware of his position. Rising back up Kulem took the document and, while holding it under his arm, gave the sign of the acquila. He then said, in a rather forced tone "Understood, we'll report our findings with haste and precision. Is there anything else sir?"

thebothan
2015-03-29, 09:48 AM
The governor leveled a steady gaze at you No, that will be all. He turns around in his chair I will however, have a quick word with you Marcus... Tell me more about these new measure we have taken for security, you know how I hate details, so keep it brief.

With that you take your leave of the governor, and return in the elevator to the command room. Upon arrival, you see the display of the world is now showing a red dot over the large world. Stepping off the elevator, a small PA system activates: Attention SIC Field Agents, your shuttle is waiting in hangar 2, take off in 10 minutes. Ensure all things are in order before leaving.

luca0483
2015-03-30, 08:59 AM
"Now, you three all need to get your check-ups, since you missed out on your last appointment. We have to hurry though, 10 minutes isn't much time. Anybody here who knows where hanger 2 is?"

colossusclub
2015-03-31, 01:23 PM
Kulem shakes his head. "Perhaps the examination staff will know." Kulem says while they walk to the examination rooms.

thebothan
2015-03-31, 04:19 PM
When you enter the examination room, Eli looks up from another body.... No, No...NO! Who is it? Why wasn't I informed? Accursed Nulls! Why would they bring another, THEN NOT TELL ME! His eyes dart feverishly around the room.. and settle on Kulem. GET OUT MISERABLE CREATURE!

luca0483
2015-04-01, 06:18 AM
"Eli, I thought you wanted the crew examinated", Smother says with surprise.
"Kulem, you better go outside. We will join you shortly"

Then he turns back to Eli.
"You better have the integrity to at the least do your job on the rest of us" he says, gesturing to the two who shared a bottle

thebothan
2015-04-01, 08:09 AM
Eli glares absent-mindedly at the spot where the null used to be, Integrity nothing... I need this work done, and now that THING just ruined 3 hours of work. he walks over to one of the bodies and pulls a sheet over it. A Nulls body isn't like a normal beings.. even the most unskilled investigator would recognize a difference.. Stupid, Stupid, why didn't I think to ask the inquisitor about any special circumstances..

He continues to mutter to himself as he does a check up on the others.

luca0483
2015-04-01, 04:37 PM
Smother shakes his head before manually checking his dataslate.
"I didn't know nulls messed with the autopsies. Anyway, i suppose you heard the announcement. Any idea where hanger 2 is?"

thebothan
2015-04-01, 07:12 PM
No, but a nulls dead body is supposed to be different from a regular body... And they gave me the wrong one... How you can even tolerate their type is beyond me. As for the hangar, its down the hallway you came in.. Signage will direct you from the front doors.

luca0483
2015-04-02, 06:40 AM
"I'll let you in on a little something, Eli. I come from forge-complex Mallium. People there have dark brown skin, like me. It helps protect against the heat and radiation from the volcano and the equipment"
Smother looks straight at Eli as he speaks

"And see, while the Scholastia Psykana-region where i got picked up from, might be the mixing pot of this world, the majority of the populace here on Polimus Scar is sand-coloured, pink, pale, whatever you call it, like you. You can have three guesses on how well i fit in at first"

"Make no mistake, i do not escape the effects of his condition. But i know how it feels to be treated like something less, due to no fault of my own. That is how i can tolerate him"

thebothan
2015-04-02, 10:13 AM
The young medic has nothing to say.. He simply completes his work, then walks back over to one of the bodies.. Your all good, like I said, Hangers are out the doors you came in, then follow the signs. He then gives a deep sigh and picks up a hacksaw from underneath the table.. Might as well start disposing of this one, now that it's useless.

luca0483
2015-04-02, 01:39 PM
Smother walks outside "Unless anybody else have any better idea, i suggest we pick up the equipment for you two and get going"

thebothan
2015-04-02, 03:06 PM
Two men walk towards the party each carrying the boxes. This Stuff belong to anyone here? Was left behind, so we figured you might want it.

The woman reaches out and takes her box.. rifling through it There was a stub revolver among my possessions, but its not in here. Either of you take it. The two men shrug, then turn around.

luca0483
2015-04-02, 04:15 PM
"We'll find it when we get home. Eli said the shuttle's this way" Smother points and start walking
"But we can assessment while we walk. Anybody else missing anything. Jean? Kulem?"

Brox
2015-04-04, 12:15 PM
Erioch stepped off the elevator carriage and looked around at the empty hallway. Right hand holding the dataslate, blank except for one message that pinged a red warning periodically. As if by it's own will, his left hand strayed to the holster on his hip. Absently caressing the smoothed check-pattern grip he mused,

Blessed Mech...where'm ah gon' fin' this ship? They aint no section-to-sub markin's anywhar. Welp...do whatcha can and let th' Omnissiah sort th' rest out fer Himself, I guess.

Sorting out the directions, Erioch finds himself in a large hangar bay, and makes his way to the craft indicated on the 'slate. The boarding ramp is down, so before boarding, he lights up a lho and leans down to look up the ramp and into the body of the lighter.

Unnoticed, two figures approach from behind...

(Erioch is whip thin, but you might not notice it from the layers he's wearing. As you approach, you see a shotgun across his back, worn over a long grey leather duster. The bulky, squared bumps under the coat give testament to the armor worn underneath. A thin trail of scented smoke wafts lazily about his pale blond hair, mixing with the smell of chemicals. In his right hand he holds a dataslate, and his left hand rests easily on the grip of a finely crafted autopistol.)

luca0483
2015-04-04, 07:04 PM
Though Smother is usually not a very action-taking or commanding figure, despite his name, he feels as though he has to try to fit the bill, what with neither the two eccentric drunks nor the warpless one so far showing off any notable initiative.

As such, Smother is found at the front of the group as they head to the hanger, and thus the first who reach and talk to the layered figure standing in their shuttle. Still in his (WW2 pilot like) uniform with his backpack strapped upon his back, cane and slate in hands.

"Goodest day to you" he shifts his dataslate to his left hand, to extends his right hand for shaking
"My callname is Smother, i am newer here. Whom do i have the pleasure of greeting? You look the part as neither a piloter or repair-crew crewman" his accent is weird, with phonetics and wordage all over the place (Kind of like his full name).

he looks behind him at the group, his accent now suddenly absent again as he talks
"Kulem, could you skim the paperfile for mention of other passengers?"

Brox
2015-04-05, 07:29 AM
At Smother's greeting, Erioch whips around, duster billowing open! One hand grips the autopistol menacingly as he sizes up the group that has approached.

Bless'd Omnissiah, Y' startled me! Don' sneak up on me like that! You're liken t'get shot doin' that! *Sigh* Name's Erioch. Ah was bid come t' this place an' do a lil work. Erioch stows the dataslate under his left arm and extends his right hand for a handshake. <after handshaking> M' creds r' on th' 'slate. "Parently y'all need a hired gun. Ah'm yer man. Erioch offers the dataslate, there is one message giving a hangar and ship name. There is nothing else on the slate except for a few errant pixels blinking on the screen.

luca0483
2015-04-05, 09:38 AM
"Kulem, any confirmation?"

"Any ways, good to have you. Sorry for my unhindered speaking-pattern before. For a moment, i thought you were of Mallium. Tumult then? Either way, Kulem is the shy guy, the gentleman goes by Jean if i remember correctly, and the lady of the party here has been referred to as Aurinda"

Brox
2015-04-05, 11:21 AM
Pleasure t'meetcha. Where'r we headin?

Looking at Erioch now you can see he is wearing Enforcer light carapace armor. There is a badge afixed to the armor, but where normally the badge would shine bright gold against the matte black armor, it too has been painted over black, with what appears to be a bullet hole through the middle.

colossusclub
2015-04-05, 04:18 PM
Kulem reads through the data slate thoroughly. "It doesn't make mention of any other passengers, here." Kulem says, handing it to Smother. "Seeing as you know what I am by the way, let me say that my job here will be to eliminate known Whytches that we find, and to disrupt any deamons who show themselves as well... though my abilities as an Untouchable are still rather weak themselves... rather hard to train something like this without field experience. Though, the Psykana does their best I suppose.".

Kulem turns to the new figure and nods in his direction, though his assumption is a similar treatment from the examiner from before... then again, two people being nice to him for once was a more pleasant outcome.

thebothan
2015-04-05, 04:48 PM
Aurinda looks Erioch up and down and scowls. I met dirt-bags like you hanging around the precinct back home.. What did you do to end up in this line of work? Did the gravy train of arbite money for nothing run out? Or did you get caught kicking honest citizens in the streets? Her voice drips with malice.
[roll0] perception on your person

Brox
2015-04-05, 08:43 PM
@Kulem Well that makes things easier then. You point em out and Ah'll make sure they suffer an allergic reaction to high speed lead!

@Aurinda, Erioch chuckles at her words Yer lookin t' get a rise outta me girly? Mebbe see how quick onna draw ah really am? Izzat somethin' yer ready fer? When all'ats left be'twix you and th' great beyond is a reflex draw? Ah was called in by yer Master t' give you a solid gun coverin' yer miserable backside. Don' much care if'n yer likes it r' not.

@Kulem You ever known a green screen to blink red? Tap that red pixel there and see whatcha get...If you comply

Tapping the red pixel expanded it to a full page "By Imperial Decree, written by my hand on this day, All crimes heretofore committed by the convict Erioch Kel, are to be expunged. Erioch Kel will be given into the service of Inquisitor Nihilus until such time as he is either dead, or the Inquisitor releases him back to my service. Erioch Kel has been sentenced to die for crimes against Arbites Command, and we will see to it that his death is in service to the Imperium. --Inq Colt"

thebothan
2015-04-05, 09:02 PM
Aurinda simply snorts at your words, I just want to know what breed of pit-hound I am going to be dealing with. Seems I found one of the rare bunch that fancies themselves better than a juve from the lower hives.. Lemme guess, you lived in a respectable house, then one day you were handed a gun and you felt like you finally controlled you life. Well I grew up with a gun, you may draw first, but I guarantee I will end you, even if I have to do it fighting a bullet wound. She grins Happy to work with another gun-hand.

luca0483
2015-04-06, 03:42 PM
As Smother takes the paper file, he puts it with the slate he is carrying.
"Nice to have another specialist with us. Eroich, was it?"
Smother writes a bunch of new lines on his slate via his cable.
"I believe we are closing in on takeoff, so i suggest strapping your gear tight and yourselves even faster"

thebothan
2015-04-06, 06:40 PM
Inside the ship, you are met with a truly unique sight. This vessel is clearly not a run of the mill transport, in addition to the three seats lining each side of the entry ramp (6 in total) as you walk in, there is a small holo table, currently projecting a hazy outline of an imposing castle, crowded by four chairs, one in each cardinal direction. Equipment storage bays are found under each seat, and a webbing net on the ceiling could hold larger items. The ships rear is isolated from the cockpit, and if you hadn't just emerged from outside the ship you wouldn't know which way was which.

The entire interior is dimly light by the blue-green glow of the holo table.

colossusclub
2015-04-08, 02:05 AM
Kulem nods at the scene "Impressive" is all he says, he walks over to the equipment storage and begins placing his articles in the appropriate compartments. Once finished, and when they knew take off was soon, he would fasten himself in.

luca0483
2015-04-08, 07:02 AM
"Indeed. My only conscious experience with crossing regions are with the transport-ships the psykana use. Those things are practically flying warded cell-blocks. This is much more comfortable"
Smother puts his back-pack under the seat, then takes place himself.

thebothan
2015-04-08, 04:47 PM
As you move about the rear of the ship, a comm system starts to life, Officers? Sorry to snoop, but I am glad to hear you approve of the ship. This is your pilot, Ensign Tolk, just wanted to let you know I will be taking you to the LZ in two minutes. Pleasure to have you aboard, the Emperor protects.

colossusclub
2015-04-11, 04:34 AM
Once Kulem's belongings were properly fastened he took a seat and fastened himself in for take off, being quiet as he did so.

thebothan
2015-04-14, 09:13 AM
The ship gracefully leaves the landing pad. Though there are no windows inside the main hull, a small vid display in the upper left corner of the holo-table shows you an approximation of your flight plan. The ship ascends vertically for two minutes, then finally begins to fly towards its destination.

If you haven't already I would recommend reading the mission file, but otherwise I assume this trip passes in silence.

The flight is surprisingly brief, most space travel across Polimus Scar that you have been lucky enough to take have been long drawn out affairs, filled with turbulence and rerouting through gravitational flux. As the pilot simply allows the ship to descend from the sky and only slight jostle tells you that ground contact has been made. The same ramp you entered through begins to descend. Allowing the warm light of a sunny day to pass into the hold. Once the ramp is fully extended, you make your way down. Aurinda and Jean-Baptiste have now fully regained control of their senses, and can now walk by their own faculties. Outside, the sunlight becomes more intense, you find yourself walking onto a parapet of Castle Verikkz from the holo-table, the rocky ground has been covered by immaculate carpets, and tabbards and banners flutter in the wind. These banners show a variety of scenes and heraldic symbols, but they all share the same adorning symbol: An imperial eagle, crouched low in a protective stance over a dead raven-bird. Holding up each of the tabbards, stands an armored guardsman, lasgun held resting on the floor, and the banner snugged into the bayonet slot on the gun. They snap to parade attention as you walk out, and a small robed scribe standing at the end of the line of soldiers, begins to read out your names, family and ends each with 'Blessed by Beloved Imperius, and Endowed with the Powers of Law'.

As you reach the scribe, she begins to put away the scrolls and makes the mark of the aquilla as you move past her. She falls into step behind her House Verikkz, lords and masters of this place, bid you welcome Honored Sons of the Imperium. Every action has been taken to ensure that your work progresses smoothly, allow me to lead you to the scene.

More tonight, barring player interaction with the woman as you move into destiny.

colossusclub
2015-04-15, 01:19 PM
Kulem remains quiet simply due to the looks he must have been getting by now from the scribe and the guardsmen regiment. He merely gives the sign of the Aquila and follows the "welcoming party".

luca0483
2015-04-15, 02:24 PM
Smother reads the file during flight, writing important things down on his slate before asking the rest if they want a tl:dr version of the whole thing, filling them in if they do.

As they are preparing to leave the ship, Smother speaks aloud into the room "Hey Tolk, fine piloting. Thanks for the ride. Emperor protect"

To the scribe he says "Sorry for the bother, but could i get access to any sort of private room, maybe a toilet? I need to change to slightly casuallier clothing"

He lowers his voice a little "Also, you pronounced my second name wrong. That's two thirds less than most other people. Nicely done" he grins

thebothan
2015-04-15, 07:13 PM
Smother: The scribe gives a slight bow, My thanks for the correction, I will be sure the phonetic records are updated with your correct pronunciation. There are rooms at our destination, I would recommend keeping your official markings on for now, but if it is necessary I can deviate from our planned route.

luca0483
2015-04-17, 03:31 AM
"Utteredly excellent. To the destination then" Smother exclaims

Can you post the file i read during the flight to th ooc? unless it is already there, and i just missed it

thebothan
2015-04-17, 10:45 AM
You walk along the meandering wall of the castle gates. The air is clean, crisp but the sun cruelly strikes the barren land. From your view you can see the lands peasantry, tending to pathetic crop-fields and living in small villages. Along the wall the guardsmen of the castle watch slouch over the walls, occasionally spitting down onto those walking below them. As your group walks along, they simply watch you pass then resume whatever task they had been working on. Finally,you walking brings you to a watch tower, and inside you find a party of guards enjoying the pleasures of life, drinking, smoking and carrying on. At your entrance they simply glare at you before returning to their efforts. The floor-lift ride down the stairwell passes in silence, as the scribe coughs politely in an effort to fill the void. Walking out again through the cramped corridors of the city, passing between the great halls, apartments, workshops and libraries that make up the castles livery. Your travels walk you pass a number of unscrupulous merchants, favor sellers and trinket peddlers, each clamor for your attention, before giving up the effort. Otherwise the streets are fairly crowded with peasants and nobles alike, all walking the cobble streets of the great castle to appointments and duties. Finally, you reach a somewhat decrepit apartment building, at least 15 stories high. Out front stand two arbites, dressed in the same blue-grey outfit as the guards you saw on the wall. They wear a rounded grey helmet, and each stand smoking an Ilho stick, emitting clouds of green smoke. A pair of immaculate las-carbines stand propped against the building wall, the two appear to be engaged in a conversation in hushed tones. The building is cordoned off by yellow warning tape, Imperial Standard, reaching the line, the scribe simply bows to you and stops walking This is your destination, enjoy your stay. Your vehicle will be waiting for you on platform 4, from whence we just came. Once you are ready to depart, simply make your way there.

File is in post #92 of the OOC.. in the spoiler titled for those who read the file..

luca0483
2015-04-17, 05:26 PM
After the scribe leaves, but before going to the house, Smother speaks up

"We are all here because we were chosen, because we were the cut above the rest, but let me just get this out of the way:

he points at Eroich and Aurinda, then to Kulem, then to Jean-Baptise
"You two are gunmen, you are an anti-psyker"

"And Jean, you i don't even know about. You haven't said a word since you rocked the bottle with Aurie"

He gestures to himself, then around to the group
"I'm a teacher and tech-support, for emperor's sake. Is there anybody with any experience related to actual investigating in this team?"

thebothan
2015-04-17, 08:39 PM
Aurinda shrugs.. I spent time in the under-hives, I bet I can deal with these slacker guards.

colossusclub
2015-04-22, 03:18 AM
Kulem gives a quick glance to Smother, Eroich, Aurinda and Jean in the order Smother pointed and smoke. "A part of my training involved detecting when one is lying to me, and interrogation of those I find to be lying. I however feel that many won't wish to speak to me given what I am, and what might look like heresy to me might only be rudeness on their part. Another of us asking the questions should suffice, while I watch to see if their lying. Would that not be acceptable?" Kulem suggests to the group, his gaze moving between the four of them as he said this.

luca0483
2015-04-22, 10:31 AM
"Overly so" Smother replies to Kulem.

"Eroich and Aurinda, i trust that you have keen eyes. Untill the time of a firefight, keep on the lookout for any irregularities"
He sighs "I just want to make sure we are ready to delve in"

Smother turns in the direction of the two arbites
"Let's go get briefed"

In-game i wanted to make sure everything was in place. OOC i wanted people to be able to post one more time before we moved on.
Shadow has just done so, Justice is afk, and Brox posted alot back when he scrabbled with aurinda.
My vote is to move on with the story now, meaning the group walking up to the two arbites

thebothan
2015-04-22, 12:05 PM
Approaching the smoking arbites nod, one of them (wearing the bars of a investigator) throws the butt down and takes an easy step back, stooping down to snatch up one of the las carbines. The remaining arbite (wearing a officer badge) takes a final long draw of the stick. As he breaths out a green cloud of pleasant smelling smoke, he speaks with a refined voice, though his words are coarse as anything your heard come from an officer of His law. So, your the cavalry? Stiff's up on the fifth floor, room 354. You can't miss it thanks to the big guy you sent up to watch it. Why you have something against us white-collars watching your crime scene, I don't know. But I suppose I should thank you, if your man didn't make our team vacate the premises, we might have had to stand around for another three hours. Nobody went in or out since the body was found. Now we get to go back to the squad room once you head up. The investigators and scribes left most of their gear up there, use what you want. Oh, and you may want to take a good whiff of the air out here.. The smell of that mess must be getting pretty strong.

luca0483
2015-05-05, 01:14 AM
"Thanks for the quick prep" Smother says with a nod.
He then pass past them on his way into the building, curious about who the brass had sent to watch over the scene.

thebothan
2015-05-05, 09:14 AM
Yeah, whatever. The arbites go back to smoking, keen to get out of here. Entering the building, the other members of the SIC squad follow you quietly.. You go up four flights of stairs, each floor is marked with police tape, upon reaching the fifth floor, you reach what must be the scene of the crime. Police tape covers the area like streamers, and each door has been covered in an X of tape, Only one door, sitting in the middle of the floor, room 335 you would guess. The door itself is impossible to see at the moment, blocked by an impenetrable mountain of flesh. Standing a good meter taller than a space marine, the slab of muscles smooth and childish face immediately marks him as one of the Ogryn that the Imperial Guard trains on Polimus Scar. His left eye is a complicated bionic replacement, with wires feeding into his broad flat nose, as well as an impressive array of clamps, augers and drills set into the thick cranial plates of the skull. The skull is marked with scars, surgery marks and shaven bald, with an Imperial Aquilla tattoo placed in the middle of the forehead, in the manner of the Imperial converts, though the tattoo is clearly imperfect: the eagle heads appear to be fighting one another, and the wings are poorly proportioned, the left is significantly larger than the left, as well as being slightly askew. The Ogryn is wearing a thick blue plate, marked with the adornments of an Investigator of the Adeptus Arbites, as well as another badge, the size and shape of a fist displaying a tank cannon, exploding with blue light. In his enormous hands, the Ogryn clutches a massive shotcannon, clearly purposed to be useable as both a formidable cannon and a dangerous club.

With a few deep sniffs, the Ogryn turns to face you, and pumps a shell into the shotcannons chamber, his one biological eye is small and piggish, with a black pupil set deep into the skull. Wut purpse? No Go.

luca0483
2015-05-05, 01:35 PM
"Hello Investigator. We are here under orders to take a look at the body of Vadir Linden"
Smother taps on the important-looking pieces of his uniform to emphasise

Shotcannon? As in, the naval shotcannon off of rougetrader? Damn, that thing can burst-fire.
Of-course, smother doesn't know this.

Also: Arbites investigator? i thought the guys down below said he was one of our guys, not theirs.
Is SIC considered arbites?

thebothan
2015-05-05, 02:46 PM
Gud.. I Grog, Boss Softpaw snt me..keep watch, tup bads. The ogryn seems to have forgotten the door is behind him.

Firstly, something like the naval shotcannon (the one actually stat-lined), but this one is a land variant.. Shotcannons are popular among the navy, due to the constant suitability of a spaceship for shotgun usage but a few land variants for bunker defense and occasionally on heavy walkers do exist.. This one is a custom built ogryn pattern. Also, the SIC is sort of like the Navy Seals compared to the navy, a separate compartment of the same department. As to whose he is.. the 'yours' was more saying he wasn't a part of their arbite core... Not a lot of Ogryns around nobility.

luca0483
2015-05-06, 01:25 AM
"Pleased to meet you Grog. Step aside, would you? We were told Mr. Vadir is in there" Smother points toward the door

colossusclub
2015-05-06, 02:40 AM
Kulem gave a nod to the Ogryn saying "Good job. Have their been any irregularities since you began watching the area.".

thebothan
2015-05-06, 11:56 AM
Grog, thinks over what you say, then takes a large step aside, allowing you to walk through the door. In response to the question his face breaks into a huge simple grin. Grog chasd THIS many bads from muking the rom. He holds up one of his hands and flashes all the fingers, then changes the number a few times.

Smother: As you walk into the room, the first thing that strikes you is that the arbite was right, the body is starting to smell. You can see the room has been well preserved, but the original team was interrupted. A small box of evidence sits next to a roped off area, where a tarp lies over what you estimate to be a body. The room has a single window, and at least 5 regions of bullet holes perforating the walls. There are also a number of lights, taped off regions and some scattered evidence cards around the room.

luca0483
2015-05-06, 02:16 PM
"Aurinda, you and Eroich are on the bullet holes. Can you find out anything about the gun, ammunition type, firing positions? Doesn't have to be much, any info goes. Kulem, can you go about looking at what the previous team found out? Don't want to do double work. I will gander at where the other team haven't done anything"

thebothan
2015-05-07, 09:43 PM
As Smother looks over the box, he finds a good quality stub automatic, unloaded, 5 shell casings, a bag labled pockets containing: a small wallet with a number of small pieces of paper in it, 1 room key and 1 ratty piece of paper with 3754 x 453 scratched on it with an ink pen. From the appearance of the room, the arbites have looked at all the following (based on what has tape strewn around it), The window (which is broken), the walls and some odd marks on the floor in front of the body. There is a light sitting above the body but other than the tarp they must have gone through his pockets but otherwise it seems they haven't done too much work on the body.. otherwise why would they have left such valuable equipment behind?

Lifting the tarp, Smother gets a stronger whiff of decay, the body has been here for some time. Taking a large breath of the fresher air, you fully remove the tarp. The body has begun to bloat considerably, the stomach distends and strains against the silken shirt worn by the victim. There is a few sweat marks on the shirt, but otherwise it seems to be clean, until you notice that the back shoulder has a light bloodstain, probably nothing worse than a superficial wound. Looking at the face, you wouldn't say this man was a day over 18, but with the nobility you know looks can be deceiving, thanks to rejuvenation surgery and bone molding. The corpses eyes have been closed, and the blue eyes underneath stare blankly ahead. Moving down to the hands, you notice that the fingers are bare, but the left hand has two lighter marks on the index and ring finger where you can see a ring was worn for some time. The pockets of the body are still turned inside out, and you notice that the pockets are completely cleared out. The bodies legs and feet look untouched, the boots still have some dust and cobble rock on them from walking outside, and the pants have a drink stain on the right thigh. You don't seem to notice any cause of death, but a close second look discovers that the body has signs of suffocation, but not strangulation. You find some torn cloth fragments in the victims mouth, but it doesn't match any cloth on his body, nor anything you can see around the room.

luca0483
2015-05-12, 03:44 AM
Smother puts the cloth in an evidence-bag, then checks in with Kulem to see whether the rings were taken by the previous team as evidence, or if they are missing. He also takes a look around to identify what left the drink stain.

thebothan
2015-05-12, 11:24 AM
The evidence the previous team took doesn't contain any rings, nor is there any mention of them.. Additionally, the room contains no furniture or any sign it held any in the recent past, so there is no evidence of any drinks inside this room. The drink must have come from somewhere else.

thebothan
2015-05-13, 10:34 PM
Having finished their work, your fellow team-members each seem to have drawn not much from their efforts, Aurinda had taken a knife to a few of the holes, and has pulled out a four small pieces of metal from the holes. Erioch on the other hand has grouped the bullets together, he tells you that this specific pattern is something firing in a short burst, but not a spray of pellets or more than 4 bullets in any one firing event, it all seems to be from one gun, not fired with much training or experience.

As you look over the room, the large form of Grog blunders through the door, almost breaking one barrier as he squeezes his frame through the entryway. He pushes Kulem through the door with him (as he had been talking to the Ogryn just outside the door, not that the conversation seemed to have gone anywhere).. But seems to pay no attention to the previous conversationalist. See? Man die frm needles.. Grog can smells it. Do you?

luca0483
2015-05-14, 03:11 AM
Smother compliments Eroich's work as he gets the information.

At the ogryn's surprising bout of insight, Smother is thrown a little off guard.
"How? ...smell it? No. No, i can't. You can smell that? Are you sure about this?"

thebothan
2015-05-14, 11:31 AM
Grog nods, and points a huge finger to the collection of wires and tubes that emerge from his nose. Grog do gud werk, find many bads.. man stab sef...with needle.. than slep. He speaks through long pauses and seems to be thinking for a very long time about exactly what happened here.

luca0483
2015-05-15, 05:39 AM
Smother searches the body for a needle-hole

thebothan
2015-05-15, 09:28 AM
(Due to tissue swelling, many features are now more prominent, perhaps the needle hole will be among them? [roll0] vs Awareness)

Looking over the body, Smother finds that the victim doesn't have any needle marks, the tissues have swollen up and the skin appears smooth and unblemished.

luca0483
2015-05-15, 05:51 PM
"Can't find anything. Eroich, you've got a good eye for penetration holes, see any needle marks on this man?"

Smother shakes his head

"Even if we do find this to be the cause of death, how do this help us? We know nothing else of this place, and this haven't really given us a name or a descriptor of the felon, except that he is a poor shot with the stub-automatic"

thebothan
2015-05-15, 08:52 PM
Erioch looks over the body, and shakes his head, spotting nothing in particular.

At your words Grog lets out a low moan, clearly distressed for some reason, you don't have much experience dealing with Ogryns, but his behavior is similar to what you sometimes see in children psykers who are having troubles expressing themselves. Boss said tell you and you understund.. You no understund... There two man...Not two.. one less man.. he stub self...and before slep he fire gun at attacker...Wrong.. just fire at air.. gun ther.. I put.. No.. I found.. at scene.. At each contridiction, the ogryn smacks his large meaty palm into his head, he seems to be having some difficulties with this. He does however point to the storage box when he mentions the gun, seaming to indicate the weapon you noticed earlier.

Social Test: [roll0] vs 30.

luca0483
2015-05-16, 05:18 AM
"Actually, i think i understand. Thank you"

When the ogryn leaves the room, as the last thing he hasn't looked at (besides the paper), Smother examinates the wound on the back of the shoulder. Is it a very small hole (possibly needle), gun hole (stub), or stab wound?

thebothan
2015-05-16, 12:25 PM
As you remove the shirt from the mans shoulder, you find that there is no wound to speak of in the skin, not even a scab, it seems the blood came from somewhere else.

Grog returns to his post, and again blocks you inside the room.

luca0483
2015-05-17, 02:04 AM
Logic roll for putting it all together. intelligence 34 IIRC. +20 for two or more people helping. Can i get my +10 from my interface port and dataslate with relevant information? Apply other modifiers as you deem fitting. Any way it goes, rolls here [roll0]. My 64 vs 58 rolled. Two degrees of success, unless you have more modifiers to the roll.

Smother gathers the team, and together they discuss what the evidence suggests happened

At the end, Smother summarises what they have come to

"Okay, so here we are. There is no sign of a cause of death anywhere on his body, so we can assume that the ogryn's theory of poison is correct. This would also explain why the firer was so poor a shot with the autostubber, he was drugged and hallucinating. Then we only have three things that doesn't add up: The broken window, the woundless blood and the missing self-inflected needlewound. The ogryn says the man stabbed himself, but there is no puncture marks anywhere on the clothing or his body. Even if there was a invisibly small hole in the shoulder where the blood is, the man could never have stabbed himself there. There is no wounds on the body, so this man couldn't have smashed the window. So, he must have been killed by a needler rifle fired through the window. Now we just have to set up a trajectory, find the other end of this crime-scene, and get the corroded bastard"

The last bit was spoken more like an insult, rather than a statement about the amount of rust on the guy.

thebothan
2015-05-17, 11:13 AM
As the logic engine runs through your mind, the facts align with your theory, the window did break into the room, it does explain the Ogryns theory and it could have come from one of the buildings out the windows, but they are quite far away, would have taken a skilled shot. However, you didn't find the projectile that killed him, nor is there a hole in the mans clothing from the projectile shooting through, it could have been a headshot. Additionally, your theory doesn't explain the fibers in the man's mouth.

luca0483
2015-05-17, 03:32 PM
Then smother remember the scraps of paper in the wallet. There is the numbers 3754 x 453 scratched onto it, but what about the rest, in the wallet, what is on those?

"It almost fits, we just have to align it with the left-over pieces: the stain, the cloth, and the paper. Something is off"

thebothan
2015-05-17, 03:49 PM
Looking into the evidence bag, and pulling out the wallet, the pieces of paper reveal themselves to be business cards, there are 5 of them:

A reddish green card labeled with The Foolish Son, the card has an image of a noble-man sitting on a large chair, surrounded by attractive women and thrones.

A second card has a small blue ring and a seductive purple script that spells out Admenon Folix. It has an address written out on the back, and a statement Come back anytime, Bring a friend.

After that there are two cards clipped together with a small money clip, The first is a card with small white simple card with small black lettering set off center: The Laughing Elders. Clipped to the card is a small scrap of napkin, smeared with lipstick and a name written next to it: Aliene Grove.

The final card is a purple velvety one, with a fine handwritten note carefully written on the front: Federwiks and Such, Emporium of Fine Goods. This card has an address printed on the back.

Other than that there is noting else in the wallet, strange since you would expect a nobleman to carry a large sum of thrones or promissory notes on their person.

luca0483
2015-05-18, 02:06 PM
Is there any blood-spatter on the ground, at all?

thebothan
2015-05-18, 07:00 PM
[roll0] vs Awareness
Looking over the floor, you can see no signs of blood on the floor, however, a few things stand out.. Most importantly, there are very faint drag marks on the body, that go from inside the doorway to the bodies current position, seems somehow they were cleaned up.. But no blood on the floor.

luca0483
2015-05-19, 01:03 AM
"New theory up, but just to make sure..."

Smother goes to investigate the window.

thebothan
2015-05-19, 10:00 AM
Looking at the window, it indeed seems to have broken from the outside, and a large object seems to have passed through it. The window glass is entirely shattered into small pieces, but the amount of the glass that has fallen inside the room seems to not be enough to cover the window. Poking your head through the window you do see a small amount of glass has fallen on the stoop below it, one of these pieces also have tiny hints of blood on it.

luca0483
2015-05-19, 11:13 AM
Smother takes a sample of the blood on the window, and one of the blood on the shoulder, and one of the victim.

Then he discuss things further with the group, as more pieces fall into place.

"Ok, so, the signs of suffocation matches the fabric in the mouth, he was choked to death by covering his airway with some cloth. Now we have a cause of death. The drag-marks indicate this was a drop-off zone, not the crime-scene. The rest indicate a set-up to make this look like it was the crime-scene. The arbite team looked at this and only found the cover-story, that's why they have told it to the ogryn. Anything that doesn't add up?"

thebothan
2015-05-19, 01:09 PM
Your team has no input on the hypothesis, though the question of where the crime scene happened is brought up.

Hearing what you say the Ogryn seems to enter another fit, though this one is much more controlled than the earlier outbreak. It's the Truth! I told the arbites and they knew it was true! Why don't you get it!?! Victim died of an overdose! There is no evidence of strangulation, no evidence that the victim fought back, and NO evidence that there was ever anyone else in the room, other than the arbites fighting over the dead mans possessions.

luca0483
2015-05-19, 02:57 PM
"Indeed, no strangulation, but there is still signs of suffocation. Like if he was choked with a pillow in the mouth, that wouldn't make any stranglemarks, and is quite frankly the only way this fabric would have ended up in his mouth."

Smother shows him the cloth fragments

"Also, how did the glass break inwards? Nobody could have busted it in, we are on the fifth floor. It must have been a needler, its ammunition leaves no wounds, the projectile is so tiny and robust. And how did there get blood on the window? How did he get blood on him? None of this makes any sense. I am just spouting what fits the most evidence, but there is something wrong with every theory i have come up with so far, not just the ones i have discussed with my colleges, and your theory too. I understand that all this is very plain to you, so please explain if you can. We need all the help we can get"

(I am asking an ogryn bone'ead for insight. How low have i stooped, so early in the campaign?)

thebothan
2015-05-19, 03:51 PM
The Ogryn makes a kerphufulling sound through his large mushed nose, and chews on his lip with large knobby teeth. When he seems to have calmed down his voice has fallen back to its normal childish speech pattern. I know man stbbed self, rich mun like to party yes? This man was purtying, can't tell now, all stoled, the body all that left. I chase bads away, Grog do job. Do what boss says. no idea what cloth is, but could be mor party yes? If you done seeing sleepy man, Grog leave now..Yes?

luca0483
2015-05-20, 04:22 AM
I just remember, you said something about some strange marks in front of his body. Was those the ones you later clarified as drag-marks? If that is the case, then...

"Yes, we seem to be done here, but there still has to be somebody watching over the scene untill the adepts gets back here and retrieve the body and evidence, as well as pict-cord the room. The investigation is not over untill our boss has been satisfied"

Smother starts editing his notes on the scene, to include all the information we now have.

thebothan
2015-05-20, 09:28 AM
100% correct, before they looked liked some floor discoloration, but on a much closer look the marks turned out to be cleaned drag marks.

Grog stay..

luca0483
2015-05-22, 10:07 AM
Smother takes his team and goes to find where the original team might be. He remembers the guys outside saying something about a squad room.