PDA

View Full Version : Points of Light homebrew

Tonden Ockay
2015-02-09, 01:16 PM
Does anyone have a Points of Light homebrewed campaign adventures they would like to share?

I'm working on a points of light homebrewed campaign However I could use some nice adventures for it. I have taken things from other RPG books, so the following wright up is not all my own words. I do not mined using work others have done if I like it.

I'm starting my campaign off like:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The City-State of Gethlin

You and your family are on board one of three ships headed for the great city-state of Gethlin. Gethlin was built on top of the largest steel mine know to humanoids to date. Gethlin is also one of the largest cities of the Rovery nation, which is the most advanced civilization of all time. No other nation or empire has surpassed its knowledge of magic and philosophy. The Rovery nation has cities called city-states far more marvelous than can be imagined. Great temples and palaces that reach towards the sky and hundreds of thousands or even millions of citizens live in each city-state.

It is said that the Rovery nation has tamed flying beasts to use as mounts and even experimented with bound creatures to do their bidding using magic. Tribes that bow to Rovery are given limited rights and protections. Those that resisted are slain or enslaved. As an orderly nation, they have developed incredible transportation networks, enabling them to move armies quickly and efficiently. Their crowning achievement is their Magical items of great power. Which are said to be given to the generals and rulers of the great city-states of Rovery. Their destructive power is legendary. With these items, and their willingness to sacrifice anything for the sake of the empire, the Rovery nation seems to be invincible.

In the recent years the Rovery nation has become more reclusive and inwardly focused, yet their mastery of magic and philosophy is improving to unprecedented heights. It is said that they believe they are second only to the gods themselves in terms of raw magical power and skill. It is also said that they have created new species, built humanoid golems, forged artifacts, established outposts on many distant planes and learned how to become immortal. They are believed to only be limited by their imagination and morality.

You have been at sea for 16 days and the trip was pretty uneventful other than a major storm at sea the nights before you were to arrive in Grthlin. The storm came on all of a sudden the night sky got pitch black not a star could be seen, not even the moon was visible. It was raining really hard and the winds were fearce and the waves got so high that you thought the ship might not make it out of the storm. The wind and the waves were tearing the ships apart. The sails got shredded and some of the sail posts snapped off and was lost to sea. The captains steered the ships into the waves, but not before one of the three ships capsized and was consumed by the ocean. There was a point that you thought for sure the ship you were on was going to be swallowed up by the ocean. Then with in a blink of an eye the storm was over, as if it never happened. The sea was calm the sky was clear and full of stars. It was one of the strangest if not the strangest thing you have ever seen or experienced in your life. The ships were badly damaged by the storm, which turned into what should have been less than a day’s sail into three extra days of drifting to the trip. But all is good now because the trip is coming to an end. It is a few hours from sunset and everyone is eager to get off the ships and into some real beds.

As the ships are drifting into the harbor the only sounds you hear are seagulls, waves splashing, and the ships creaking. As you look around the harbor you notice that there isn’t a living soul in sight and there are only a few ships in the harbor. The ships and docks look very old and dry rotted with moss growing on them. The city walls are decaying and are covered in ivy.

Most people on the ship have looks of confusion and disbelief on their faces. As the ship docks and the crew is tying the ship up. You start hearing people on the ship whispering things like.

- Where is everyone?
- What happen?
- What is going on?
- Something is wrong?
- The Harbor is usually booming with people.
- It looks like no one have lived here in forever.
- I can’t believe my eyes

From what you can tell this is a very very large city-state. The city looks to be built on the side and the top of a 200 foot or higher cliff.
The captain and some of the crew are having a conversation on the upper deck by the steering wheel.
The captain calls for every ones attention. Captain: “Alright everyone calm down. Everyone please say onboard the ship while Lutenit Fashul checks to see what is going on.
A dozen or so guards dressed in chain and armed with short swords, shields, and shields gear up and de-board the ship. They head down the docks. You hear a load screeching sound echo though out the harbor as the guards push open one of two very large wooden doors. Then they disappear though what looks to be the main entrance to the city from the harbor.

You hear people around you murmering

- I was just here three months ago and this city was booming.
- Something isn’t right.
- This has to be Gethlin yet there is no way it can be.

People start getting worried and scared.

The more you look around the harbor you see no signs of life anywhere.
The City State of Gethlin: The two large wooden doors that lead into the city from the docks are open. The streets are bare not a soul in sight. The city looks to be decaying and slowly falling apart. The streets are covered with dirt, rocks, and debris with trees sprouted up all over the place. The buildings and trees create shadows everywhere and there is an eerie quietness to the great city.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone have any adventures that might work for my campaign and feel like sharing them I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your time.

RFLS
2015-02-12, 03:20 AM
You might want the forum one up from here - you're currently in the World-Building subforum. I'd honestly suggest you take it to the Roleplaying forum instead.