PDA

View Full Version : Getting ranger spells on cleric list?

Invader
2015-02-09, 11:06 PM
What's the easiest way to get ranger spells on your list if you're a cleric? Specifically, hunters mercy, arrow mind, and arrow storm?

Flickerdart
2015-02-09, 11:08 PM
If you dip Prestige Ranger, you can cast the spells, but they won't be on your cleric list (if you need that specific wording for some feature to work).

Invader
2015-02-09, 11:11 PM
If you dip Prestige Ranger, you can cast the spells, but they won't be on your cleric list (if you need that specific wording for some feature to work).

No I just need to be able to cast them.

I looked at prestige ranger but the prereqs are pretty steep. I'm cleric 5 now so there's not a lot of build room.

Chronos
2015-02-10, 09:56 AM
Ordinarily, I'd recommend going archivist instead of cleric, but if you've already invested five levels, that's probably not an option.

Darrin
2015-02-10, 01:25 PM
Hmm. Best I can come up with is take a level of the Simple Druid variant for Track and a level of Fighter for TWF/Rapid Shot. If you take Endurance at 6th, that should get you into Prestige Ranger at ECL 8. After that, you can do Holt Warden 10 for more treehugger stuff.

Other than that... custom runestaff, maybe? A single level of Ranger or Consecrated Harrier will let you use spell trigger/spell completion items, as will a bunch of UMD ranks.

WhamBamSam
2015-02-10, 01:35 PM
If you dip Prestige Ranger, you can cast the spells, but they won't be on your cleric list (if you need that specific wording for some feature to work).Prestige Ranger only gets you Ranger-unique spells, so there are a few key ones you can't get that way. For the three mentioned in the OP, it will get Hunter's Mercy and Arrow Storm, but not Arrow Mind.

However, as a Divination spell, Arrow Mind is accessible to Clerics with the Divine Magician ACF in Complete Mage. If you're already 5th level that'll require a slight ret-con though.

Invader
2015-02-10, 06:13 PM
Well it doesn't matter to much now because I just found out I'm not allowed to take knowledge or travel devotion so it's making me really not want to play a cleric archer anymore....

SinsI
2015-02-10, 08:44 PM
Use Extra Spell feat, subject to DM's approval.