PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Funny Gestalt Combination: Summoner/Alchemist

Snowbluff
2015-02-10, 02:45 PM
I just wanted to point out how silly this could be. You get a good array of casting abilities. Make a Vivisectionist//Synthesist, and you can improve your size and Str with Evolutions, add mutagens for an Alchemical bonus to Str, and use a transmutation spell for a Size Bonus for Str.

Depending on how you read it, the Eidolon BAB progression overrides the Summoner side of the BAB progression, which is staggered differently than a typical 3/4 progression.

You can Have 2 Pools of Infusions. Sacred Geometry can be used for the quicken spell use. An alchemist can use the Infusion Discovery in concert with a familiar to save actions. Alchemists are also good potion users, which can be used with the move action quaffing trait.

The vivisectionist adds sneak attack and can use Greater Invisibility. The Synthesist attaches multiple attacks (ranged via ranged arms or melee via weapons and natural attacks) and Pounce.

Can you think of other reasons why this is a match made in heaven? My only problem is that it doesn't get strongjaw innately. :smalltongue:

Necroticplague
2015-02-10, 03:04 PM
Don't forget that beastmorph is compatible with vivisectionist, and I think synthesist is compatible with the half-orc one that lets you give your eidolon (you, in this case) more EP by eating corpses. Clearly, someone really wanted you to be able to get in on that jakyll-and-hyde action.

Snowbluff
2015-02-10, 03:21 PM
Don't forget that beastmorph is compatible with vivisectionist, and I think synthesist is compatible with the half-orc one that lets you give your eidolon (you, in this case) more EP by eating corpses.
Can you get into that without being a Horc? Teiflings have an alternate option to eat people for HP. I'd like to combo that with Blood God. The archetype is a good addition.

Being able to combo the rage with the synthesis would be sweet... could we find a way to cast Summon Eidolon in rage?

Clearly, someone really wanted you to be able to get in on that jakyll-and-hyde action.

Uh, sir. Sir. We synthesists do not restrict ourselves to such trite fluff. I'm a fluffy unicorn princess who is from Elysium and I love the color rainbow. :smalltongue:

Necroticplague
2015-02-10, 03:32 PM
Can you get into that without being a Horc? Teiflings have an alternate option to eat people for HP. I'd like to combo that with Blood God. The archetype is a good addition.

Er, Blood God Disciple is the archetype I was referring to. Not sure if there's any way to get a Tiefling to count as a Half-Orc, though.

Snowbluff
2015-02-10, 03:35 PM
Er, Blood God Disciple is the archetype I was referring to. Not sure if there's any way to get a Tiefling to count as a Half-Orc, though.

That being the eats for HP Tiefling.

Elf would be nice, too. The Alchemist would benefit from more Mutagen Duration.

Necroticplague
2015-02-10, 03:43 PM
That being the eats for HP Tiefling.

There must be two different things called Blood God disciple, because whenever I look it up, I can't find what you refer to. Here's what I mean: archetype link (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/half-orc/blood-god-disciple-summoner-half-orc)

Snowbluff
2015-02-10, 03:50 PM
I was saying that I was referring to combining the HP eating Tiefling (a racial option), with the Blood God (a class option). :smalltongue:

Hazrond
2015-02-10, 11:46 PM
I was saying that I was referring to combining the HP eating Tiefling (a racial option), with the Blood God (a class option). :smalltongue:

Well, if tiefling has something similar to the Aasimar trait Scion of Humanity then you could take the Racial Heritage feat for half orc to get the archetype