PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Nosta
2015-02-10, 07:52 PM
I really want to play a incarnate/crusader gestalt
I am level 9 and have been wanting to play one for a while now
how ever I have no idea how to build one and ask a huge favor.
could some one please build me an example one for me to see how it would work
I am trying for high damage out put
I don't even know what race to make it.
I get 8 feats from the DM
the stats rolled are 18 16 16 15 14 9
can someone please help

Strormer
2015-02-11, 10:01 PM
I'm not familiar enough with the classes you're working with to do what you're asking, but I will offer some advice when it comes to character designing.

Just do it.

Build what you want. Hey, it's wrong. Start over. Get it less wrong. Have fun with it. You'll learn a lot more that way than begging others to make a character for you to copy.

Good luck!

Hiro Quester
2015-02-12, 12:19 AM
Generally that's how it works here. You have the first try. Suggest a build. Or some options (race,feats, tactics,manoevers styles...) you are considering. We give helpful suggestions on how to make it better.

You'll learn a lot more that way. Esp. about why certain options work (or not).

And you have a better idea about what you want the character to be able to. I mean,why incarnate/crusader? What about that combination appeals to you? Describe that, and try out some ideas.

Even suggest a couple of alternatives. We might be able to help you figure out which best suits your vision for the character.

Flickerdart
2015-02-12, 12:29 AM
What does "high damage" mean to you?

For example: UA suggests that gestalt characters are considered +1 level for CR purposes (that's nonsense but whatever). So a CR-appropriate encounter (one that's expected to exhaust about 20% of your daily resources) is a CR10.

How often do you expect to hit such a creature? Half the time? All the time?

How much damage do you expect to deal once you hit? 20 damage? 50 damage? 100 damage?