PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Skulls: Ghost

Admiral Squish
2015-02-10, 09:58 PM
Well, to start with, here's a link to the topic of discussion.

Ghost (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEb3L1PIco)

It's an almost-five-minute-long animated music video, that is, in my opinion, an amazing work of storytelling and animation. It takes a couple of watches, and you may have to cheat and check out the comics to figure out all the details about what's going on, but it is worth every second. The animation's beautiful, the music's catchy, and the story is involved enough that it probably warrants the use of spoilers when discussing it. Honestly, I think there's probably more characterization in a few minutes of wordless animation than there is in the entirety of the average movie these days.

DigoDragon
2015-02-10, 10:03 PM
I've seen this several times, but didn't know there was a comic to it.

Admiral Squish
2015-02-10, 10:54 PM
I've seen this several times, but didn't know there was a comic to it.

I don't think there is an official comic. I think there's a bunch of fan-stuff now, but official stuff seems notably sparse.

Lurkmoar
2015-02-11, 01:59 PM
Saw it a while ago, my favorite part is when they drop past the mirrors. The reflections are quite telling.

I think the music is pretty snazzy too.

Admiral Squish
2015-02-11, 04:22 PM
Saw it a while ago, my favorite part is when they drop past the mirrors. The reflections are quite telling.

I think the music is pretty snazzy too.

Yeah, that's a big part of it.

Honestly, my favorite part about this video is watching people try to dissect the meanings and story out of the video.

BlackCoatedMan
2015-02-14, 04:20 PM
Didn't the music video grow a fandom in around under a month? With theories in tow?