PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Sniper Slayer

Strormer
2015-02-10, 11:35 PM
So since there's no official errata that I've been able to find, I want to ask. Using the Sniper archetype, the Slayer from ACG gets "Deadly Range" at level 2 that increases the sneak attack range of one of your weapons by 10 ft which can be increased by 5ft in place of another Slayer talent you could gain afterwards. The Slayer also has an ability called "Deadly Range" by default that grants the 10ft increase in range without the increase option, but it can be taken multiple times and stacks with itself.

It seems that this was intended to give the Sniper early access to the ability, but the scaling doesn't seem to make sense. RAW it appears that a Sniper would get their version of the ability and then could just select the original version for a much better option that should stack as untyped bonuses are able to do so, making the scaling ability of the Sniper version utterly worthless. I'm sure this isn't RAI, but I can't even comprehend what RAI was meant to be. The Sniper version is actually worse at doing the one thing that the Sniper seems to be meant to do.

Is anyone aware of an official ruling on this? As a DM I'm inclined to just change the 5ft scale of the Sniper version to 10ft, effectively making it the same as the normal version, but with early access for the Sniper. I would like to know what they were intending, however, as right now it really makes no sense.